JLM: Other Possible Victims

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I get what Quill was saying. My hometown had a large Dutch population so any male under 6 FT was considered short.

Height like almost everything is relative.

Consider how some of these artist's sketches are spot on and others completely off. These descriptions are based upon a victim or witnesses' memory and their ability to communicate that memory to someone else who then creates a sketch. There's obviously room for error.
http://touch.sun-sentinel.com/#section/-1/gallery/p2p-53529124/

We know witness testimony is often inaccurate so I'm not sure that we should get hung up on height.

Ultimately and thankfully this can be easily solved with DNA. Bc I don't think JM's a dead ringer for either sketch.

***edit, Sorry Quill, my post is very similar to your post #288. I'm a slow typer on the ipad.

I have no problem in thinking relative to the population

I certainly respect your line of thinking. I think the point I was trying to make is that we all have our own perspectives and it's hard to just drop those, especially in a traumatic situation. I must be honest when I tell you that 5'9 would be below average height for a male where I live and among men that I know. All of my college age daughters (both of them) have guy friends that are all well over 6'. My entire point was about perspective and that we each have different ones. I really don't want to come off argumentative because this is really a moot point. DNA will tell the final tale here.

Yes, DNA will certainly help the investigations. But as an aside, if I were to describe the speed of which someone (a suspect) was riding their bike and everyone in my family rode like Lance Armstrong, my witness testimony of an average rider wouldn't be exact if I didn't know what the "norm" was.

Point being, sometimes common sense should prevail.

If there were no signs of sexual assault in the body and no signs of foul play, I'm guessing this one is not a match.

Is that possibly too many threads? It seems like the Morgan connection would naturally come up here often when talking about possible victims. It's hard to wade through so many threads!

ITA: If there was ever a case that should be included in this thread it is Morgan Harrington.
Disoriented
Distressed
Alone Female walking on & off the UVA Grounds
Wanders around in isolated locations
Dressed in an eye catching outfit that might have seemed out of place once she was no longer near the concert venue
She is said to have been approached by a few older Caucasian males
Witnesses put a red car on or very near the Copley Bridge
Dogs loose her scent somewhere near the railroad tracks behind a restaurant
Many people saw her
And poof she is gone!

Exactly the same as Hannah Graham, IMO.

[/B][/COLOR]

ITA: If there was ever a case that should be included in this thread it is Morgan Harrington.
Disoriented
Distressed
Alone Female walking on & off the UVA Grounds
Wanders around in isolated locations
Dressed in an eye catching outfit that might have seemed out of place once she was no longer near the concert venue
She is said to have been approached by a few older Caucasian males
Witnesses put a red car on or very near the Copley Bridge
Dogs loose her scent somewhere near the railroad tracks behind a restaurant
Many people saw her
And poof she is gone!

Exactly the same as Hannah Graham, IMO.

agreed... here's the thread for that

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...rgan-Harrington-Fairfax-Possible-Victim/page3

But Randy Taylor was lying about knowing *who* it was, but not necessarily lying about someone else being there; Dameon Bradley had a real alibi and swore that he and Alexis were only FB friends and "had never been in the same room together" nor in the same car. RT and/or his attorney(?) might have unscrupulously "picked" Bradley from her FB friends (since there was *some* resemblance - black, corn rows/dreads, similar facial features) while trying to identify who the other man there that night might have been, and didn't care that they might be throwing an innocent man under the bus, because *somebody* was there and RT didn't want to take the fall for the actual killing. I believe he might have participated in a sexual assault, maybe, but the other guy left with Alexis alive, and RT was left to get rid of her car.[/COLOR]

That's exactly what I speculate may have happened!

In my mind, RAT may have known good and well that DB was not the person in his trailer that night, but he knew someone was with him (if someone was), and he wanted to finger someone to take the heat off of himself.

I could totally see RAT thinking to himself that DB is "close enough" and trying to take him down with him. RAT doesn't appear to be the sharpest tool in the shed. He probably didn't even consider that the guy he was accusing might have an air-tight alibi. He just wanted the heat off of himself. It backfired.

I keep coming back to the tone of RAT's statements, even after his conviction. He continued to assert his innocence, long after anyone was still listening, and his tone seems to shout, "I lie all the time, but this time I am really telling the truth." When that didn't work, he offered to lead investigators to the body. I doubt he can, though.

I'm not defending RAT. Where there is smoke, there is fire. I just speculate JM may have been involved, too. The coincidences seem unreal.

I'm not sure of his record at Liberty University, I think I remember he was "red-shirted" his first year which would be 2000-2001 (IIRC), then was on the team the next year (2001-2002), and was expelled the next year in October of the 2002-2003 school year.

He transferred to CNU, in January and actually played on the football team that fall 2003:
He played in the Sept 06, 2003 game vs Rowan
He started in the Sept 13, 2003 game vs McDaniel
There was no game the next week
The next week Sept 27, 2003 he didn't play
The next week Oct 4, 2003 he didn't play
The next week Oct 11, 2003 he didn't play

The last two were bench clearing blowouts (score 21-0 and 42-10) and no play for LJ

On Oct 15, 2003 (IIRC) he was no longer at CNU.

Was it Academic issues? Injury issues? Other issues? I don't know, but my money is on door number three.

Thanks cville_bob. I was wondering about his playing time with regards to the whole head-injury/concussion discussion.

I heard today he was expelled because of a sexual assault. I heard it on wtop-will see if I can find a media link.

Fascinated, did you hear that in reference to CNU or Liberty U? The only official statement I heard from CNU was vague due to privacy laws, but interesting. They added that it was not a normal situation (I'm paraphrasing) and that they were cooperating with Charlottesville PD. It definitely made me wonder why he left there. If you find a link for that please post it!

Thanks cville_bob. I was wondering about his playing time with regards to the whole head-injury/concussion discussion.

Fascinated, did you hear that in reference to CNU or Liberty U? The only official statement I heard from CNU was vague due to privacy laws, but interesting. They added that it was not a normal situation (I'm paraphrasing) and that they were cooperating with Charlottesville PD. It definitely made me wonder why he left there. If you find a link for that please post it!

The link is already here sometime in the wee hours of this morning and just a few pages back.

The link is already here sometime in the wee hours of this morning and just a few pages back.

I've got the one for Liberty U. I thought the op was referring to info from CNU. The link and quote below are from the CNU statement I saw. Has there been another more detailed one?

In a statement today, Christopher Newport University officials confirmed Matthew attended the Newport News school from January 2003 to Oct. 15, 2003. He was also a member of the university's football team from Aug. 14 to Sept. 12, 2003.

"Students don't usually leave in the second month of the semester or leave the football team within a month," the CNU statement said. "However, federal student record privacy laws (FERPA) limit the information we can provide."

http://hamptonroads.com/2014/09/suspect-missing-uva-student-case-attended-cnu

Just a side note: It is completely dark in Virginia at 7:33 PM on this 9/26/2014.

Sorry, that is not what I meant, and your post is not offensive!

It is the whole concept of POI-->Serial Killer for the thread.

The other thing is making disconnections when appropriate, and being aware of logical inconsistencies.

I have to say my perception of JM is very different after reading the descriptions of him wolfing at women that night. And with the extended timeline I can understand where they might have been together for 30 minutes drinking their 2 beers, before walking by the "last sighting" witness at Tempo.

Sorry I need to stop staying up so late posting. Too tired to make good sense! Prob not going to be on here for a few days as am in the blue ridge mts visiting my baby girl for Parent's Weekend! Happy sleuthing. Hope Hannah is found really soon.

I had absolutely no idea there were so many missing young women in this area during the same time of year. I only knew about MH due to watching "Disappeared." Or was it the Beth Hollaway show? Anyway, it's so tragic!

Time Outs will be issued for complaining about moderator decisions in the threads. Check out the rules.

It's been a long week and I am tired, so my brain isn't working very quickly, but this has been tapping me on the shoulder for a couple of hours now. I do apologize if it's already been specifically discussed - if it has, I haven't found it. So here goes:

Am I to understand that there are TWO SETS of incidents that occurred on the same dates but in different years that have been discussed as (possibly) (probably) (definitely) related to JM? Liberty U sexual assault Oct 17 2002, MH disappearance Oct 17 2009 and Samantha Clarke disappearance Sep 13 2010, HG disappearance Sep 13 2014?

What are the chances that each of these sets of things is NOT attributable to a single individual?

Wonder if there's a "match" for Cassandra Morton, last seen Oct 10 2009 in Lynchburg? Or the Fairfax sexual assault Sep 24 2005?

Someone really goes off the rails in September and October.

However, that does remind me about that correlation we were discussing last night between JM's employment at Martha Jefferson House and it's proximity to where MH's Pantera shirt was found. I still would really like to know where we can find info about his hire dates at Martha Jefferson House to see if he was in any way employed there in late 2009...

The only thing we can be sure of at this point is that he was employed at Martha Jefferson House around the time the garnishment proceeding was filed by University of Virginia on 2/14/2012. My guess is that as soon as University of Virginia got wind of him working there, they filed garnishment proceedings. I agree that the proximity between MH's Pantera shirt and Martha Jefferson House is quite astonishing. If you look at Google maps and the location of Martha Jefferson House, it actually dead ends on 16th St. NW. However, that is the front of the retirement home. If you look at the street view, it looks like the employee parking is in the back, on 15th St. NW! If you exit from the back of the retirement home and go straight on 15th St. NW one block towards Gordon, then cross Gordon and immediately to the left is the grassy parking lot and bushes where MH's Pantera shirt was found (on 15th St. NW, before you get to Grady).

It's been a long week and I am tired, so my brain isn't working very quickly, but this has been tapping me on the shoulder for a couple of hours now. I do apologize if it's already been specifically discussed - if it has, I haven't found it. So here goes:

Am I to understand that there are TWO SETS of incidents that occurred on the same dates but in different years that have been discussed as (possibly) (probably) (definitely) related to JM? Liberty U sexual assault Oct 17 2002, MH disappearance Oct 17 2009 and Samantha Clarke disappearance Sep 13 2010, HG disappearance Sep 13 2014?

What are the chances that each of these sets of things is NOT attributable to a single individual?

Wonder if there's a "match" for Cassandra Morton, last seen Oct 10 2009 in Lynchburg? Or the Fairfax sexual assault Sep 24 2005?

Someone really goes off the rails in September and October.

Yes, you are correct. It is VERY strange. I have a very hard time not making the leap that these cases are all connected given the info we currently have.

The only thing we can be sure of at this point is that he was employed at Martha Jefferson House around the time the garnishment proceeding was filed by University of Virginia on 2/14/2012. My guess is that as soon as University of Virginia got wind of him working there, they filed garnishment proceedings. I agree that the proximity between MH's Pantera shirt and Martha Jefferson House is quite astonishing. If you look at Google maps and the location of Martha Jefferson House, it actually dead ends on 16th St. NW. However, that is the front of the retirement home. If you look at the street view, it looks like the employee parking is in the back, on 15th St. NW! If you exit from the back of the retirement home and go straight on 15th St. NW one block towards Gordon, then cross Gordon and immediately to the left is the grassy parking lot and bushes where MH's Pantera shirt was found (on 15th St. NW, before you get to Grady).

I know, right?! That's why it was driving me so crazy when I first noticed it last night. But I tried all day to see if I could find something, any little thing, that would connect JM to Martha Jefferson House in 2009 and it just doesn't fit. Short of calling them and asking, I don't know of any other avenue I could research to see where he was employed at that time.

Yes, you are correct. It is VERY strange. I have a very hard time not making the leap that these cases are all connected given the info we currently have.

Also he played football until September 12th at CNU.

Sept 12/13 and Oct 17 are a pattern for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member