JLM: Other Possible Victims

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's something that is nagging at the back of my mind. JM's assault incident was in Summer '09 (JUN?) and he was charged. MH disappears Oct 17, '09. MH remains were found in Jan, '10 at Anchorage Farms. JW's atty asks the victim (who is a lawyer) in '10 if the assault chgs can be dropped. The victim agrees to drop chgs as long as his medical bills were paid. Now my question is.....When was it publicized that DNA evidence from MH's killer matched the 2005 rape victim in Fairfax vs. the date the assault chgs were dropped? If assault chgs were dropped after the DNA info was made public then this may indicate that JW was nervous about a conviction and his DNA possibly being taken. This could be something worth adding to the timeline and may be nothing. I haven't had time for sleuthing the past few days so any help is appreciated. Hope this makes sense...just trying to connect the dots.TIA

looks like the case was finalized:

04/22/2010 01:00 PM Finalized

So I assume it was around this time. Good call.

BTW info was pulled from the record in the VA Judicial Case Search Site that won't let me link here.

If we could just figure out where he was in 2005 -- what his connections to the Fairfax area were (are). As I previously mentioned, George Mason Univ. is less than 15 min (5 miles) away from Jermantown Road in Fairfax. Was this his m.o. -- to be near college campuses to prowl for young women?

I'm sure it's also been mentioned here how perfect a ruse it would have been for him to possibly lure MH into a taxi cab --

The police have stated he has connections (see wanted poster) in the MD/DC area - that's Fairfax, or at least on the way to/from.

It's also a straight shot up Rt. 29.

Here's something that is nagging at the back of my mind. JM's assault incident was in Summer '09 (JUN?) and he was charged. MH disappears Oct 17, '09. MH remains were found in Jan, '10 at Anchorage Farms. JW's atty asks the victim (who is a lawyer) in '10 if the assault chgs can be dropped. The victim agrees to drop chgs as long as his medical bills were paid. Now my question is.....When was it publicized that DNA evidence from MH's killer matched the 2005 rape victim in Fairfax vs. the date the assault chgs were dropped? If assault chgs were dropped after the DNA info was made public then this may indicate that JW was nervous about a conviction and his DNA possibly being taken. This could be something worth adding to the timeline and may be nothing. I haven't had time for sleuthing the past few days so any help is appreciated. Hope this makes sense...just trying to connect the dots.TIA

IIRC it was June/July of 2010
I'll look for a link.

While he was attending Liberty University he was accused of a very aggressive sexual assault at a party. Date of incident was Oct 17 (there are links to article, was think 2002, not sure). A former Liberty University team mate who was interviewed by the DMail said JM didn't take it well at all. I don't recall the exact wording but it could we be this was a turning point, anger over losing football scholarship (and seems future career, he was very talented) he had at the school. So a payback grudge against women or certain women?)
Thank you, that is really creepy..imo.

Or
Purely speculation here, but it's possible that the weight gain could come from psychiatric medication. Drinking while on various forms of that stuff can lead to some strange behaviors. I will be curious to see if it is revealed that he has sought help in the past from a mental health professional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Or IF he partakes of weed, maybe he gained weight from the munchies. :)
Another thing...beer drinkers sometimes put on weight.
Only guessing of course.
He has gained weight imoo.

Thanks AVIXEN & Xara! Here's what I found so far....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morgan_Dana_Harrington

In April 2010, law enforcement confirmed that a Pantera T-shirt that was found in November 2009 outside of an apartment building about a mile and a half from the arena, was indeed the shirt she had been wearing on that evening according to forensic tests.[3] Police believe the murder to be related to a similar abduction and sexual assault, and that the killer may be familiar with the area where Morgan's body was found.[4]

It doesn't give and exact date in April but interesting considering the date the assault case was finalized Apr. 22, 2010. Gotta get back to work but will check back in a little while!

For anyone that's not too familiar with the MH case, or if you just need a refresher....The Hook (a Charlottesville newspaper) covered the case quite extensively... Here is a link to all the articles, there are 3 pages, so start at page 3 if you want to go in order.
http://www.readthehook.com/category/tags/morgan-harrington

Has anyone considered the marginalized intelligence may be due to concussions suffered during his football career? Even if he started at average intelligence (enough to get into CNU) a few knocks to the head could have changed that. Repeat concussions can and do cause brain damage, sometimes in ways that impair some functions but not others (aka the skills he'd need to work in a surgical area). Not sure if it's been suggested before, but it's a possibility.

I suppose it's possible, but I'm wondering how much he really played after high school anyway. He was redshirted his freshman year, so practice was his only field action. I'm wondering if he was a starter or not. Does anyone know? Just wondering how much actual contact he had in college. When he transferred to CNU, he didn't make two months, so no competitive action there.

My friend's son got several concussions playing high school football and he is not impaired at all. He probably would have played college football but it was decided to be too risky for him due to his previous concussions.

Thanks AVIXEN & Xara! Here's what I found so far....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morgan_Dana_Harrington

In April 2010, law enforcement confirmed that a Pantera T-shirt that was found in November 2009 outside of an apartment building about a mile and a half from the arena, was indeed the shirt she had been wearing on that evening according to forensic tests.[3] Police believe the murder to be related to a similar abduction and sexual assault, and that the killer may be familiar with the area where Morgan's body was found.[4]

It doesn't give and exact date in April but interesting considering the date the assault case was finalized Apr. 22, 2010. Gotta get back to work but will check back in a little while!

Yes, it is strange but...

http://www.readthehook.com/67960/pantera-find-shirt-15th-street-was-morgan-harringtons

Looks like the Pantera shirt was found in November 2009 and LE just didn't release this information until April 15th 2010...

However, that does remind me about that correlation we were discussing last night between JM's employment at Martha Jefferson House and it's proximity to where MH's Pantera shirt was found. I still would really like to know where we can find info about his hire dates at Martha Jefferson House to see if he was in any way employed there in late 2009...

Yes, it is strange but...

http://www.readthehook.com/67960/pantera-find-shirt-15th-street-was-morgan-harringtons

Looks like the Pantera shirt was found in November 2009 and LE just didn't release this information until April 15th 2010...

However, that does remind me about that correlation we were discussing last night between JM's employment at Martha Jefferson House and it's proximity to where MH's Pantera shirt was found. I still would really like to know where we can find info about his hire dates at Martha Jefferson House to see if he was in any way employed there in late 2009...

I agree. The shirt has always bothered me. I still can't come up with a good reason for why it was "placed" there. I mean why not just throw it in a dumpster/ burn it?

I agree. The shirt has always bothered me. I still can't come up with a good reason for why it was "placed" there. I mean why not just throw it in a dumpster/ burn it?

I totally agree with you... As far as I can think of there are only 3 or 4 scenarios for the shirt placement:

1.) Placed there by the killer to throw police off in the search for MH.
2.) Placed there by the killer to taunt police/community.
3.) Placed there by someone how knows the killer but was too afraid to come forward to speak with LE for some reason.
4.) Found by someone who knew it was significant and wanted LE to have it but didn't want/was afraid to have LE look into them.

I love a good brainstorm and think it can be really productive so if y'all can think of more reasons for the Pantera shirt placement please add to the list!

Here's another possible victim. Norma Alicia Avillan of Herndon, VA was last seen on Sunday, November 29, 2009, the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Her disappearance hasn't received a lot of attention.

Norma Alicia Avillan is considered a "missing person" by the Herndon (Virginia) Police Department. Her family fears some harm has come to the petite 51-year-old woman.

A security camera captured her departure from Dulles around 11:30 p.m. on one of the busiest travel days of the year - the Sunday following Thanksgiving. Police and her family believe she went home to her apartment in the Berkdale complex in Herndon. Then she vanished.

Avillan's car was in the parking lot of the apartment building. Her furnishings and belongings, except her purse and wallet, were in the locked apartment. But Norma Avillan was gone. Police say there was no obvious evidence of a crime.

http://projectjason.org/forums/topic/2167-missing-woman-norma-alicia-avillan-va-11292009/
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/a/avillan_norma.html

If Norma was abducted, it would be late at night, in an apartment parking lot just off a main road and commercial district. It reminds me of the circumstances surrounding the 2005 Fairfax rape.

Also, coincidentally, November 29, 2009 is the same day Cassandra Morton's body was found on Candler Mountain, near Lynchburg.

I wish I had a link for it, but I think I just read what another poster was thinking about that. It was probably just speculation, but the thinking was that since her body wasn't found yet at that point that the killer was trying to keep the focus in town and away from the rural areas, which is exactly where she was eventually found. The other thing was that a witness had initially said they had seen her on campus in the wee hours, 3am IIRC. The idea was that the killer, having heard this, was trying to implicate a UVA student for her disappearance thereby moving the focus away from a local town resident.

I totally agree with you... As far as I can think of there are only 3 or 4 scenarios for the shirt placement:

1.) Placed there by the killer to throw police off in the search for MH.
2.) Placed there by the killer to taunt police/community.
3.) Placed there by someone how knows the killer but was too afraid to come forward to speak with LE for some reason.
4.) Found by someone who knew it was significant and wanted LE to have it but didn't want/was afraid to have LE look into them.

I love a good brainstorm and think it can be really productive so if y'all can think of more reasons for the Pantera shirt placement please add to the list!

That's an area where a lot of UVA students live. Maybe it was put there to make it look like a student did it.

Here's another possible victim. Norma Alicia Avillan of Herndon, VA was last seen on Sunday, November 29, 2009, the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Her disappearance hasn't received a lot of attention.

http://projectjason.org/forums/topic/2167-missing-woman-norma-alicia-avillan-va-11292009/
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/a/avillan_norma.html

If Norma was abducted, it would be late at night, in an apartment parking lot just off a main road and commercial district. It reminds me of the circumstances surrounding the 2005 Fairfax rape.

Also, coincidentally, November 29, 2009 is the same day Cassandra Morton's body was found on Candler Mountain, near Lynchburg.

Not saying that I think the Avillan case is definitely related to JM but... if you pull up JM's traffic court records in Madison County, VA it shows he was pulled over in that jurisdiction the day after Christmas 2010. I used to live near Charlottesville and RT 29 runs right through Madison County and is known as a hardcore State Police speed trap area. It's also the route most people from C'ville would take to get to Northern VA/DC/MD. I wonder if JM visited family in the DMV area for holidays...

Purely speculation here, but it's possible that the weight gain could come from psychiatric medication. Drinking while on various forms of that stuff can lead to some strange behaviors. I will be curious to see if it is revealed that he has sought help in the past from a mental health professional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People who work out a lot and then stop completely tend to gain a lot of weight, fast. Partially because they eat the way they always did and sometimes it's also due to just age (in the sense that people tend to quit competitive sports right around the same time as your metabolism is slowing down). I used to row crew competitively and once I quit I gained about 50 lbs in 5 years (25-30). Also my husband lifts and recently he had a really busy period at work for about 3 mos where he couldn't make it to the gym at all and gained 20 lbs. in 3 mos. we were both shocked.

I wish I had a link for it, but I think I just read what another poster was thinking about that. It was probably just speculation, but the thinking was that since her body wasn't found yet at that point that the killer was trying to keep the focus in town and away from the rural areas, which is exactly where she was eventually found. The other thing was that a witness had initially said they had seen her on campus in the wee hours, 3am IIRC. The idea was that the killer, having heard this, was trying to implicate a UVA student for her disappearance thereby moving the focus away from a local town resident.

I am pretty much a walking/talking encyclopedia on the MH case, but one thing I'm unclear on is whether the DNA was found on the shirt or her remains. (I *think* it was the shirt, but it could be that it was never revealed)
If anyone comes across the info please post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966