JLM: Other Possible Victims

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.virginia.edu/uvapolice/safety.html - search "taxi", it's February 2013.

Not sure it's him, though, unless this student was really drunk, or JM speaks really slowly.

Wow. That's a great source. Every incident of assaults, etc., of college kids. I was looking at this one:
"February 18, 2013

To members of the University community:

A University of Virginia student has reported to University officials that she was abducted and assaulted on Feb. 17, 2013, at approximately 2:30 a.m. Using the JustReportIt system, the student reported that she was near 513 Rugby Road trying to hail a cab when a car pulled over and she got in. The car drove away and began driving her toward her Alderman Road residence. Instead of pulling over, the car continued in the direction of Observatory Hill and pulled to the side of the road near Kellogg House. The driver locked the doors and attempted to assault her. The student was able to kick the suspect and flee from the vehicle."

And that statement is very true! The vehicle described in the Newsplex article is burgundy, not orange.

I personally am still waiting for DNA comparisons...

BBM
Sorry waiting for DNA comparisons in regards to what?

Here is the quote:
"Once commonwealth's attorney Anthony Martin rested his case, Hallahan called his first witness. One woman claimed to have seen Murphy and Taylor together near a downtown Charlottesville parking garage after seeing the two on the news. She also testified about seeing a burgundy car driven by a man with dreadlocks."
http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/Prosecution-Rests-in-Randy-Taylor-Trial-258308941.html

All I can is, after looking high and low for burnt orange Chryslers, I'd have to say that at night burgundy and Chrysler's burnt could easily
be confused.

The burgundy/maroon car was a Chevrolet. The guy wore corn rows. Please read my post #363 below (or above).

Dameon Bradley was the black male Taylor positively identified as the person he was talking about in the Alexis Murphy case. Taylor also said that Bradley drove a maroon Chevy Caprice with big rims. He also described Bradley as having "corn rows".

At no time did the name Jesse Leroy Matthew, Jr., or a vehicle resembling Matthews', come up in the Randy Taylor, Alexis Murphy case.

AM-Press-release.jpg

Wow. That's a great source. Every incident of assaults, etc., of college kids. I was looking at this one:
"February 18, 2013

A University of Virginia student has reported to University officials that she was abducted and assaulted on Feb. 17, 2013, at approximately 2:30 a.m. Using the JustReportIt system, the student reported that she was near 513 Rugby Road trying to hail a cab when a car pulled over and she got in. The car drove away and began driving her toward her Alderman Road residence. Instead of pulling over, the car continued in the direction of Observatory Hill and pulled to the side of the road near Kellogg House. The driver locked the doors and attempted to assault her. The student was able to kick the suspect and flee from the vehicle."

Interesting...look at it when they added more the next day.

The first account you linked it sounded like she was trying to hail a cab, and then the car pulled over.

But now it's reading like there wasn't a cab, she just thought the car was.

The victim met with police investigators and was able to provide additional information related to the suspect and the vehicle that he was driving. She stated that after she got into a vehicle near 513 Rugby Road that she initially believed was a taxi cab, the vehicle continued past her Alderman Road residence to an area near Kellogg House. She described the suspect as a middle aged male of Indian descent. She stated that he was tall and chubby with short black hair. He spoke in broken English.

The suspect vehicle is described as a dark in color, four door sedan. The survivor does not believe that the vehicle had any markings or decals to indicate that it was a taxi.

I wonder what made her think it was a cab initially?

Per her own account, at least on the exterior, she doesn't think there was anything indicating it was a taxi.

She obviously realized it after she got in it and it continued on. I wonder if it was simply because the car pulled over and she was too drunk to realize it? But then she apparently didn't see anything indicating it to be a cab, so she was at least with it enough to not only notice that, but remember it to report it.

I personally think we need to move on from the above discussion as LE has already stated the black male is in fact Dameon Bradley, and that there is absolutely no connection between JLM and Alexis' case.

"February 18, 2013

However, look here at her description of the vehicle and assailant, after Gil Harrington urged her to come file a report. http://www.nbc29.com/story/21300446/uva-alleged-abduction-assault-victim-comes-forward

I personally think we need to move on from the above discussion. LE has already stated that the black male is in fact Dameon Bradley - there is absolutely no connected between JLM and Alexis' case.
I agree.

Whether or not it was actually JM in that trailer, and RAT was throwing them off onto light-skinned corn-rowed guy with a burgundy Chrysler. Time will tell.

Alexis' case is solved. Please do not misinform and confuse people by trying to connect JLM to her case especially when there is no evidence to prove this, LE have already said there is no connection at all. Bessie has already posted about this on the previous page.

This is what I posted a couple of days ago. <bbm>

FYI: For those who have been speculating, the below is from a press release issued by the Nelson County Commonwealth Attorney's office today, September 24, 2014. Please feel free to quote this post and/or share the link to the PR image so that we can put an end to this line of false speculation.

In recent days, there has been much discussion in news reports and on social media as to whether or not there is any connection between the case involving Jesse Leroy Matthew, Jr., charged in connection with missing UVA student Hannah Graham and Randy Allen Taylor who was convicted in May 2014 for abduction with intent to defile and the first degree murder of Alexis Murphy of Nelson County.

The discussions focus on whether or not Jesse Leroy Matthew, Jr. of Chalrottesville was the person Randy Taylor tried to implicate in his trial of being with Alexis Murphy when she left Taylor's camper in August 2013.

Dameon Bradley was the black male Taylor positively identified as the person he was talking about in the Alexis Murphy case. Taylor also said that Bradley drove a maroon Chevy Caprice with big rims. He also described Bradley as having "corn rows".

At no time did the name Jesse Leroy Matthew, Jr., or a vehicle resembling Matthews', come up in the Randy Taylor, Alexis Murphy case. Dameon Bradley, who testified in Randy Taylor's jurty trial, denied Taylor's allegations and had an alibi that was confirmed by law enforcement for the time period Alexis Murphy went missing.

It is also important to note that Bradley is light-skinned and is of much smaller build than Jesse Leroy Matthew, Jr. Bradley also worked at the McDonald's at the Liberty Gas Station, where Taylor saw him on a regular basis.

cont.

http://www.blueridgelife.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/AM-Press-release.jpg

But, the conclusion paragraph is always left off and it is, IMO, very significant:
http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/nel...hew-has-no-connection-to-murphy-case/28223472

&#8220;In conclusion, there is no credible evidence at this time that suggests any third part (sic) was involved in the Randy Taylor case and certainly no evidence at this time exists that Jesse Leroy Matthew, Jr. had anything to do with the disappearance of Alexis Murphy.&#8221;

He used those three little words, "at this time", TWO times. He has to leave that possibility open b/c if I am not mistaken there was at least one unknown DNA sample at the scene and Alexis clothes and body have never been found and evidence could exist that could possibly show other DNA.

But, the conclusion paragraph is always left off and it is, IMO, very significant:
http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/nel...hew-has-no-connection-to-murphy-case/28223472

&#8220;In conclusion, there is no credible evidence at this time that suggests any third part was involved in the Randy Taylor case and certainly no evidence at this time exists that Jesse Leroy Matthew, Jr. had anything to do with the disappearance of Alexis Murphy.&#8221;

Click here to read Martin&#8217;s entire statement
Then it seems it would take some credible evidence to overturn the conclusion, right?

&#8220;In conclusion, there is no credible evidence at this time that suggests any third part (sic) was involved in the Randy Taylor case and certainly no evidence at this time exists that Jesse Leroy Matthew, Jr. had anything to do with the disappearance of Alexis Murphy.&#8221;

He used those three little words, "at this time", TWO times. He has to leave that possibility open b/c if I not mistaken there was at least one unknown DNA sample at the scene and Alexis clothes and body have never been found and evidence could exist that could possibly show other DNA.
I get your point, and IF the time comes when credible evidence is reported, we'll consider the notion. ;)

The speculation I've seen repeated is based on a hairstyle and a car of a somewhat similar color, all of which is refuted in the press release.

I did add Cassandra Morton to the timeline.

Given what we are learning about JLM Jr, does anyone think that he will admit to anything, ever? If he is linked genetically to any of the open cases, that we are aware of, does anyone think that he will tell where the remains can be found?

I don't get the impression that he will give any details. Yesterday, I was leaning toward some joker that just snaps but after seeing his demeanor in court, seeing so many possible links (here on this thread) and the reports of the dismissed sexual assault at LU; I am almost 100% over feeling that he might have a conscience.

Which is why we need to entertain all possibilities, whether we like them or not, if it helps find ANY of these girls. Look at this map: Rt 29.jpg

Jamisha Gilbert?

http://www.wset.com/story/25332756/update-investigators-jamisha-gilbert-died-of-hypothermia-no-charges-will-be-filed

"UPDATE: Investigators: Jamisha Gilbert Died of Hypothermia; No Charges Will Be Filed

Lynchburg, VA - At a press conference Thursday, the Lynchburg Police Department announced that Jamisha Gilbert died of hypothermia and that the effects of marijuana smoking contributed to her death, but to unknown degree.

Police say dash cam video showed at 1:55 am on Nov 29, a black female was running away from downtown into direction of 460. The female appeared to be wearing dark colored pants, which matched portions of clothing that Jamisha was wearing. Investigators say there was no one else on the video and no evidence of the girl being chased or being followed in a vehicle."

Edited to remove Alexis Murphy and add Cassandra Morton

Cassandra was last seen 10/10/09 in Lynchburg, a week before Morgan was abducted. Morgan's shirt was found 11/11/09, Cassandra's clothing (and therefore her body) found 11/30/09.

Also 2012 - Wages garnished from Martha Jefferson House (right beside where Morgan's shirt was found). Can't find source right now, but in court records.

Alexis was headed to Lynchburg.

9/15 - Reported sighting of suspect in Morgan Harrington case in Lexington, VA - link around here everywhere

Cassandra was last seen 10/10/09 in Lynchburg, a week before Morgan was abducted. Morgan's shirt was found 11/11/09, Cassandra's clothing (and therefore her body) found 11/30/09.

Also 2012 - Wages garnished from Martha Jefferson House (right beside where Morgan's shirt was found). Can't find source right now, but in court records.

Alexis was headed to Lynchburg.

9/15 - Reported sighting of suspect in Morgan Harrington case in Lexington, VA - link around here everywhere

Exactly, and earlier I posted a map that shows that Lovington is the halfway point between Charlottesville and Lynchburg. This is indisputable. W&L, in Lexington, looks like it is just on the Western side of the mountain, with Lovingston on the Eastern side. It's really creepy, really. If you head out I64 to the route that goes toward Lexington, W&L is about 1/2 way to Lynchburg via that route.

Sorry if this has been posted...

&#8220;In recent days, there has been much discussion in news reports and on social media as to whether or not there is any connection between the case involving Jesse Leroy Matthew, Jr., charged in connection with missing UVa. student Hannah Graham and Randy Allen Taylor who was convicted in May 2014 for abduction with intent to defile and the first degree murder of Alexis Murphy,&#8221; Martin wrote.

Specifically, he said, Matthew Jr. was not the man Taylor tried to &#8220;implicate in his trial of being with Alexis Murphy when she left Taylor&#8217;s camper in August 2013.&#8221; Taylor implicated another man, who was later cleared, Martin said. Martin said neither Matthew&#8217;s name nor any vehicle that matched the description of Matthew&#8217;s car came up during the Taylor investigation and subsequent.

http://wtvr.com/2014/09/24/alexis-murphy-hannah-graham-connection/

I thought she was on the time line, but I see she's not!
Her case was closed. But, I still think she fits the same victimology.
Athletic late teen
Distressed/Disoriented
Last seen on video running alone after midnight in a desolate area.
It does not appear as anyone is following her.
She was still dressed at that point.
Lynchburg!!!
Football season (Night before Thanksgiving/2nd biggest Football Day to Super Bowl.)
Ends up frozen to death in the brambles of a cemetery in a wooded area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member