JLM: Other Possible Victims

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we please add Cassandra Morton, in the Park area Lynchburg Missing October 10, 2009. Her body was recovered on land owned by the University.

"Morton's body was found Sunday on a trail, about 100 yards away from Camp Hydaway Road. A Liberty University student who was patroling the area noticed clothing on the road, which led him to the body. The body was identified by police Tuesday afternoon."
http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/78135977.html
I'll look over it more carefully in the morning, but I agree Cassandra should be added.

Please DO NOT post any information about family members' residences.

Morgan was murdered in 2009.

"He had a state taxi permit from 2007 to 2010, and picked up several traffic infractions, records show."

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/0...d-away-with-matthew-107520.html#ixzz3ENeDXfi9
I find it coincidental that all of these victims were taken off the streets.
And...Personally, I do feel like they got the right person for Alexis Murphy, but RAT did say there was a black guy involved. I can't remember if RAT said he had corn rows or dreads, but he said black guy although I don't believe much of what he says.

I find it coincidental that all of these victims were taken off the streets.
And...Personally, I do feel like they got the right person for Alexis Murphy, but RAT did say there was a black guy involved. I can't remember if RAT said he had corn rows or dreads, but he said black guy although I don't believe much of what he says.
That is a totally different person. A statement was released two or three days ago clarifying that JM is NOT the African American male involved in AM's case. That person actually testified at RAT'S trial. The link is in the media thread, and I posted it in a thread in the RAT/Alexis Murphy forum.

Graduated from Monticello:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rty-University-girl-claimed-raped-campus.html

I know... it's the daily mail but I think they are right on that fact.

I'm looking for Red Hill Elementary school info now

I should have clarified - yeah, I know he was only coaching there...I was trying to show that by my reply :blushing:

I just posted it :)

ETA my post vanished...

Here's the relevant part (also from the DM)

He attended the Red Hill Elementary School just outside the city in Albemarle County.

Also in depth stuff out there about all his accolades at his HS here (non DM source)

He was “The Proudest Mustang” at Monticello High School, the co-captain of the football team and its most valuable player, a state AA wrestling champion, known as a leader and a loyal friend.

TCS has their school history laid out in timeline form on their site. It was a very new school with only a few dozen in the senior class when JM would have to have been there, and they were just starting their athletics programs. He'd have been a huge 'bragging' point had he attended there that early.

And TCS has stated that his association with them was as a volunteer coach, and nothing saying he attended there at any point. Their letter is also public and has been posted here.

Graduated from Monticello:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rty-University-girl-claimed-raped-campus.html

I know... it's the daily mail but I think they are right on that fact.

I'm looking for Red Hill Elementary school info now

Red Hill Elementary School...

http://www.georgianewsday.com/news/...xpelled-from-university-over-rape-claims.html

Which according to current maps, would put him in Walton Middle School.

http://www.albemarle.org/upload/ima.../county_maps/Schools_2013-14_Middle_Color.pdf

Zones could have been different back then, but there really aren't many middles schools in the county so that's unlikely

That is a totally different person. A statement was released two or three days ago clarifying that JM is NOT the African American male involved in AM's case. That person actually testified at RAT'S trial. The link is in the media thread, and I posted it in a thread in the RAT/Alexis Murphy forum.
Well that clears that up for me then. Thanks! I followed the AM case for awhile but then stopped so I wasn't aware of that.

Lateott: Sorry you don't like my post. Trying to think like a profiler. We don't have access to evidence. I registered on this forum after following the LISK case and the missing Shannan Gilbert. I read a lot about that case before I ever registered and began posting, although I never felt I had much to add, but was intrigued by other posters comments. If the mods feel my post is inappropriate they can delete. Otherwise perhaps you should ignore posts you find objectionable. I appreciate discussion here and read a lot about the cases of interest to me and like to discuss with like minded individuals. Sorry if that offends you. Perhaps this is not the right forum for me. I feel terrible for the family having two college aged daughters, 18 and 23, one of whom is currently a student at a college down 81 in VA, so I feel this hits a little too close to home. I also feel sympathy for the family of the accused and even the alleged perp and am trying to figure out what could have triggered his alleged actions. He was accused of rape at Liberty, but never charged. His friends allege inappropriate behavior with other women and possibly taking advantage of impaired women. (Read that here somewhere). So this is not an isolated incident if true. Glad there are others here to share theories with. Sorry you don't agree with mine but you're free to express yours. Peace fellow sleuther!
Sorry, that is not what I meant, and your post is not offensive!

It is the whole concept of POI-->Serial Killer for the thread.

The other thing is making disconnections when appropriate, and being aware of logical inconsistencies.

I have to say my perception of JM is very different after reading the descriptions of him wolfing at women that night. And with the extended timeline I can understand where they might have been together for 30 minutes drinking their 2 beers, before walking by the "last sighting" witness at Tempo.

This is what I posted a couple of days ago. <bbm>

FYI: For those who have been speculating, the below is from a press release issued by the Nelson County Commonwealth Attorney's office today, September 24, 2014. Please feel free to quote this post and/or share the link to the PR image so that we can put an end to this line of false speculation.

In recent days, there has been much discussion in news reports and on social media as to whether or not there is any connection between the case involving Jesse Leroy Matthew, Jr., charged in connection with missing UVA student Hannah Graham and Randy Allen Taylor who was convicted in May 2014 for abduction with intent to defile and the first degree murder of Alexis Murphy of Nelson County.

The discussions focus on whether or not Jesse Leroy Matthew, Jr. of Chalrottesville was the person Randy Taylor tried to implicate in his trial of being with Alexis Murphy when she left Taylor's camper in August 2013.

Dameon Bradley was the black male Taylor positively identified as the person he was talking about in the Alexis Murphy case. Taylor also said that Bradley drove a maroon Chevy Caprice with big rims. He also described Bradley as having "corn rows".

At no time did the name Jesse Leroy Matthew, Jr., or a vehicle resembling Matthews', come up in the Randy Taylor, Alexis Murphy case. Dameon Bradley, who testified in Randy Taylor's jurty trial, denied Taylor's allegations and had an alibi that was confirmed by law enforcement for the time period Alexis Murphy went missing.

It is also important to note that Bradley is light-skinned and is of much smaller build than Jesse Leroy Matthew, Jr. Bradley also worked at the McDonald's at the Liberty Gas Station, where Taylor saw him on a regular basis.

cont.

http://www.blueridgelife.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/AM-Press-release.jpg

Edited to remove Alexis Murphy and add Cassandra Morton

Thank you, Shutterbug! This is a great start. :star::websleuther::star:

2000 - Graduates from Monticello High School - Charlottesville, VA (co-captain of football team and MVP; also state wrestling champion)

2000-2002 - Attends Liberty University Lynchburg, VA, on football team during 2000, 2001, 2002 seasons

October 2002 &#8211; Accused of sexual assault at Liberty; expelled from school

January 2003-October 15, 2003 attended Christopher Newport University - Newport News, VA

* September 24, 2005 Fairfax, VA Rape

* October 17, 2009 Morgan Harrington, a 20 year old Virginia Tech student, went to Charlottesville with friends to attend a Metallica concert. On January 26, 2010 the remains of Morgan Harrington were discovered in a remote field, ten miles from the John Paul Jones Arena

* November 30, 2009 [Cassandra]Morton's body was found Sunday on a trail, about 100 yards away from Camp Hydaway Road.

2007-2010 Matthew holds a taxi permit in Virginia - shown in 2007 newspaper clipping with taxi

June 2009 - charged with assault and attempted grand larceny in Virginia; charges dropped

March 17, 2010 &#8211; charged with trespassing after forbidden &#8211; listed as living in Keswick, VA

* September 13, 2010 - 19-year-old Samantha Clarke told her then 14 year old brother that she was going out and would be back, but Samantha Clarke never came back.

* November 20, 2012 - Dashad Laquinn Smith is a transgender woman who has not been seen since November 20, 2012 when she was just 19 years old.

August 12, 2012 &#8211; becomes employee of University of Virginia Medical Center as operating room transporter

2012- possession of stolen property; charges dropped
August/September 2014 &#8211; works as part time volunteer coach at private Covenant Christian School in Charlottesville

September 13, 2014 &#8211; Hannah Graham disappears &#8211; last seen with Matthew

September 18, 2014 &#8211; due in court for driving on suspended license

September 19, 2014 &#8211; search warrant issued for Matthew Car and Apartment

September 20, 2014 &#8211; Matthew comes into police station, asks for a lawyer and leaves after speaking to lawyer. Drives recklessly and loses surveillance. Warrant issued for 2 counts of reckless driving.

September 22, 2014 &#8211; Second search warrant for apartment issued; Arrest warrant issued for Matthew &#8211; &#8220;Abduction with the Intent to Defile&#8221;

September 24, 2014 &#8211; Matthew arrested in Galveston, Texas

September 25, 2014 &#8211; Extradition hearing held in Texas &#8211; no contest[/QUOTE]

At no time did the name Jesse Leroy Matthew, Jr., or a vehicle resembling Matthews', come up in the Randy Taylor, Alexis Murphy case. ]

And that statement is very true! The vehicle described in the Newsplex article is burgundy, not orange.

I personally am still waiting for DNA comparisons...

And that statement is very true! The vehicle described in the Newsplex article is burgundy, not orange.

I personally am still waiting for DNA comparisons...

I just assumed you guys thought it could be possible since he was on the timeline, however I didn't personally think JM was involved in AM's case anyway. I never believed anything RAT said. I was entertaining the idea since she was on the list, but I've always thought RAT alone was guilty of AM's disappearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove