JLM: Other Possible Victims

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a start to a timeline... Feel free to edit, add, subtract etc... this at least gets us started!

2000 - Graduates from Monticello High School - Charlottesville, VA (co-captain of football team and MVP; also state wrestling champion)

2000-2002 - Attends Liberty University Lynchburg, VA, on football team during 2000, 2001, 2002 seasons

October 2002 – Accused of sexual assault at Liberty; expelled from school

January 2003-October 15, 2003 attended Christopher Newport University - Newport News, VA

* September 24, 2005 Fairfax, VA Rape

* October 17, 2009 Morgan Harrington, a 20 year old Virginia Tech student, went to Charlottesville with friends to attend a Metallica concert. On January 26, 2010 the remains of Morgan Harrington were discovered in a remote field, ten miles from the John Paul Jones Arena

2007-2010 Matthew holds a taxi permit in Virginia - shown in 2007 newspaper clipping with taxi

June 2009 - charged with assault and attempted grand larceny in Virginia; charges dropped

March 17, 2010 – charged with trespassing after forbidden – listed as living in Keswick, VA

* September 13, 2010 - 19-year-old Samantha Clarke told her then 14 year old brother that she was going out and would be back, but Samantha Clarke never came back.

* November 20, 2012 - Dashad Laquinn Smith is a transgender woman who has not been seen since November 20, 2012 when she was just 19 years old.

August 12, 2012 – becomes employee of University of Virginia Medical Center as operating room transporter

2012- possession of stolen property; charges dropped

* August 3, 2013, 17 year old, Alexis Murphy left her home in Shipman, Virginia and headed to Lynchburg to get her hair done. Murphy was last seen at a gas station in Lovingston, Virginia, 30 minutes south of Charlottesville

August/September 2014 – works as part time volunteer coach at private Covenant Christian School in Charlottesville

September 13, 2014 – Hannah Graham disappears – last seen with Matthew

September 18, 2014 – due in court for driving on suspended license

September 19, 2014 – search warrant issued for Matthew Car and Apartment

September 20, 2014 – Matthew comes into police station, asks for a lawyer and leaves after speaking to lawyer. Drives recklessly and loses surveillance. Warrant issued for 2 counts of reckless driving.

September 22, 2014 – Second search warrant for apartment issued; Arrest warrant issued for Matthew – “Abduction with the Intent to Defile”

September 24, 2014 – Matthew arrested in Galveston, Texas

September 25, 2014 – Extradition hearing held in Texas – no contest

Cassandra Morton Murdered Missing October 10, 2009 out of Lynchburg, VA

I saw that. Some of the JLM cases (in both Albemarle County and Charlottesville) have a JLM Sr. and a different date of birth. Perhaps it is his father?

Is there a current timeline of the charges/cases for JLM?

Oh, yeah I have one actually that I've put together earlier... and yes, I know about the Jr./Sr. difference so I've been making sure to only include cases with his correct december birthday attached. Let me type up my court records really quick and then I will post. It's a pretty long list from A LOT of counties...

Only one thing. I think the links show he was convicted of trespassing in 2010 (not charged) and my belief is it stemmed from the 2009 road rage larceny, assault, trespassing charges and was not due to a separate incident.

It looks like it has a different incident date than the other charges under charlottesville courts Case Number : GC10001889-00 I think?

I believe JM could be connected to Alexis Murphy's disappearance, despite the press release from the Commonwealth’s Attorney for Nelson County claiming that no evidence "at this time" exists.

RT could have identified the wrong guy, because he was grasping for straws. Perhaps someone loosely similar in appearance to DB was with RT that night, and he felt that he needed to give LE a name. Perhaps RT did not care that he identified the wrong person (DB). Perhaps he even knew.

The orange car near Alexis Murphy (in that picture at the gas station) does NOT look like a sign to me. It looks like JM's car, and THAT looms too big of a coincidence in my mind.

It really depends upon perspective. I know a man who weighs nearly 400 pounds, not everyone does. I might describe JM as a man of medium size, just because he seems so much smaller than a 400 lb. man.
However, how can we explain RAT's connection to Samantha Clarke, also never found. He was known to her and called her cell phone the night she disappeared. Could he really have been working with an accomplice, JM? Seems unlikely to me, but I don't rule it out. Just wondering. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...ng-man-alexis-murphy-abduction_n_3762688.html

OMG. This is creepy. Could this man be a serial killer?

Once I saw the pic of JM next to the yellow cab I picked up a very bad vibe. Especially compared to him in the pic in a light brown shirt, dreaded (UV employment photo?).

**I'm new to this so if anyone knows how I can link to these things please let me know...**

Thank you for making me want to look into this.... I just looked up the google map of where MH's shirt was found to refresh my memory (it's been a few years since I've been in C'ville) and it struck a cord.

If you do a VA Judiciary case search in Albemarle county and search for JM under civil cases a wage garnishment case was brought against him in 2012 while he was working at the Martha Jefferson House. (that is, if I'm reading the court records correctly PLEASE CORRECT ME if I'm not). The Martha Jefferson House is an Senior Assisted Living facility located right next to where Morgan's shirt was found. I know JM was working as a cab driver at least part time in 2009. But could he also have been working at Martha Jefferson House too?

That is super great sleuthing. And scary. Wow.

Ok I can't figure out what's up with all the threads. Don't know if this is posted anywhere but I found it very interesting

http://insidecville.com/blog/ljs-timeline/

More than a little interesting. From your link:
“He kept trying to put his hands on my legs, above and below the knee,” the young woman says. “He’d been way too aggressive all night, putting his arm around me, picking me up, putting his hands on my legs. I looked at him and told him to keep his hands off of me.” They were in Tempo Restaurant on Fifth Street in downtown Charlottesville. It was shortly after midnight, in the early morning hours of Saturday, September 13.

The woman is a 25-year old resident of Charlottesville. The man is 32-year old Jesse “LJ” Matthew, who was arrested September 25 in Galveston, Texas on a charge of Abduction With Intent to Defile in the case involving the still-unexplained disappearance of second-year University of Virginia student Hannah Graham.

What I have learned is this: throughout the night, LJ Matthew demonstrated a troubling lack of respect for the physical boundaries of women and men— or perhaps even a deeper lack of understanding that those boundaries exist.

Unprovoked, he suddenly grabbed a man in the Blue Light Grill and wrenched him into a wrestling hold so forcefully that he pulled the man’s hamstring, leaving this man limping for days. In the first few seconds of meeting two women for the first time, he yanked them up off the ground and threw them over his shoulders and laughed, making them uncomfortable and embarrassed. He continued to follow both these women, at the Blue Light and later at the Tempo restaurant, putting his arm around them, his face uncomfortably close to theirs, touching their backs, their hair, their faces, their legs— until one of them cursed at him to stop. After one of the women slipped off the boots she was wearing, LJ unexpectedly pulled off her socks, saying he wanted to see her toes. A friend of LJ’s for over nine years described him as a “prowler,” clarifying his use of the word by adding, “which is not to say he was looking for a victim, but looking for a girl who’s already compromised a little bit, maybe improve his chances.”
Much, much more at that link. Wow.

I don't know how well my post will be taken, but I am overwhelmed reading this interesting thread. I wonder is this a catharsis after the arrest, or is it a brainstorming session? I have been away from WS for years at a time, but I wonder does this happen with every case?

How do we get from an arrest (with no provided evidence except the last person reported with HG) to this person is a SAD serial killer responsible for every SA within 200 miles of every place he has been? He is even responsible for the cases of which he has been ruled out. It is like every bad SVU TV episode all wrapped into one.

Sorry Mimimak to use this as an example, but there are several similar posts and post captures some recurring themes, all the bolding from me.

Again, I don't mean to offend. The risk is some distraction from solving the current case, and a delay in finding HG. In my opinion solid sleuthing would not just make all the possible connections, it would also break the connections that don't apply (and not stretch to re-connect them.)

(Ducking) ;) This is just a challenge to second guess yourselves and also be clear about the things that don't fit...maybe acknowledge the things that are imagination vs. evidence?

1. If he was falsely accused of the Liberty U (causing him anger and triggering serial mayhem), it is not evidence of a repeat offense. It cannot be both (unless he perceives he was wrongly accused and everything was taken from him.) Honestly though he doesn't appear to be a deep thinker (although I could picture him posing like The Thinker, chin on hand, for hours without thinking about anything at all.)

2. Truly how many episodes of anger have established the pattern of anger, SAD, bi-polarity? He got road rage and punched a guy, then felt bad. And what else?

3. (Most importantly) There is no evidence of anger in the HG case is there? He high fived two women 30 seconds before putting his arm around HG and establishing some kind of bond strong enough for her to wait for him outside a bar. I doubt she would have walked with and waited for a disturbed, brooding hunter out to satisfy seasonal whiteblondegirl bloodthirst.

4. Serial killers, crime rings, etc. are very, very rare. He doesn't seem bright enough to play.

I think he is a strange one, more than meets the eye, but not all he is being made out to be. I believe the arrest warrant required a buccal swab for DNA, so if there are connections I'm sure we will hear about them. I think it unlikely.

Seems more likely in this case something bad happened during the course of something else. I would really like to know the probable cause for intent to defile. They don't have her clothes. Maybe a text or photo on his phone.

Okay, throw something at me...

No stones. I think it really is a brainstorming session. It is apparent that some of the missing/murdered women were victimized by others. But one of the things we like to do is throw everything together and see if there are patterns.

Another thing is that many of us who have been sleuthing for years and following these cases for decades, understand certain things about these cases. Like how if certain behavior is brazen, it may indicate a comfort level not typical of a first time offender. Also, the criminal history and the past accusations fit a pattern of someone who is not a first time offender.
The conduct after he was named a POI is also interesting and some may feel fits a person who has done this before.

But many people, looong before the arrest, were talking about Morgan Harrington and the sketch. The moment he was named a POI, people were making connections and speculating. However, at that time, we were not able to discuss his possible connection to Morgan or other cases yet. (Webseluths is cautious not to allow rumors and to protect reputations until the MSM reports these things). So, we didn't go from 0 to 60. We just couldn;t discuss it and many people were thinking about it and chomping at the bit to debate the issue.

He didn't discuss the Harrington case. The media got it wrong.

Thank you for clarifying that. I appreciate it!!!

Here's the link I have about the incidents:

http://wvtf.org/post/charlottesville-journalist-sheds-light-jesse-matthew

the attempted grand larceny and assault are from one incident and the trespassing is from another.

I'm not sure if that was what you were asking though but I hope this helps.

Thank you, too! Earlier reports had them linked together. So, Shutterbug, don;t listen to me. This is just one more fact that ads to the weird history of this guy.

I'm not sure if anyone here has mentioned this, but I read somewhere that Matthew grew up near Anchorage Farms outside Charlottesville. We all know that is where Morgan's body was found. I read that Matthew attended Red Hill Elementary as a youth. That school is no more than a mile or two (as the crow flies) from where Morgan's body was found. Would be interested to know where LJ lived at that time.

Here's the link I have about the incidents:

http://wvtf.org/post/charlottesville-journalist-sheds-light-jesse-matthew

the attempted grand larceny and assault are from one incident and the trespassing is from another.

I'm not sure if that was what you were asking though but I hope this helps.

Something else I find interesting in this article is that it points out that Matthew was driving a minvan taxi at that time. I wonder if he was working in that minvan taxi some 4 months later on 10/17/09, or had access to it? The night Morgan Harrington went missing.

Just wanted to add that when the arrest photos came in showing JLM, I recall several posters here as well as fb, etc. commenting that he didn't look as big as they first imagined he would.

But then also in the convenience store footage with the green shirt I DO think he looks a bit bigger.

He's like a chameleon, IMO.

Anyone know if October 17 has any significance to JLM??

While he was attending Liberty University he was accused of a very aggressive sexual assault at a party. Date of incident was Oct 17 (there are links to article, was think 2002, not sure). A former Liberty University team mate who was interviewed by the DMail said JM didn't take it well at all. I don't recall the exact wording but it could we be this was a turning point, anger over losing football scholarship (and seems future career, he was very talented) he had at the school. So a payback grudge against women or certain women?)

Who has the link again to the article about the woman who was menaced by her cab driver in 2013? I lost that.

Lateott: Sorry you don't like my post. Trying to think like a profiler. We don't have access to evidence. I registered on this forum after following the LISK case and the missing Shannan Gilbert. I read a lot about that case before I ever registered and began posting, although I never felt I had much to add, but was intrigued by other posters comments. If the mods feel my post is inappropriate they can delete. Otherwise perhaps you should ignore posts you find objectionable. I appreciate discussion here and read a lot about the cases of interest to me and like to discuss with like minded individuals. Sorry if that offends you. Perhaps this is not the right forum for me. I feel terrible for the family having two college aged daughters, 18 and 23, one of whom is currently a student at a college down 81 in VA, so I feel this hits a little too close to home. I also feel sympathy for the family of the accused and even the alleged perp and am trying to figure out what could have triggered his alleged actions. He was accused of rape at Liberty, but never charged. His friends allege inappropriate behavior with other women and possibly taking advantage of impaired women. (Read that here somewhere). So this is not an isolated incident if true. Glad there are others here to share theories with. Sorry you don't agree with mine but you're free to express yours. Peace fellow sleuther!

I'm not sure if anyone here has mentioned this, but I read somewhere that Matthew grew up near Anchorage Farms outside Charlottesville. We all know that is where Morgan's body was found. I read that Matthew attended Red Hill Elementary as a youth. That school is no more than a mile or two (as the crow flies) from where Morgan's body was found. Would be interested to know where LJ lived at that time.

If anyone has this information it would be highly pertinent.... anyone?

I have been chomping at the bit to dissect his possible involvement in the MH case. As soon as he was identified as a POI in Hannah's case, I immediately thought of Morgan & "Sketch." My gut told me this guy is bad news, baaaaad news, & I really have the feeling he's a serial predator. He's a wolf in sheep's clothing. Now, it seems that on a daily basis, more info comes out to support this view.
I am so convinced that he's responsible for MH's murder that I will eat my keyboard if he's not. JMO MOO
Not a particularly helpful post, I guess, but thanks for letting me vent. It's driving me crazy to wait, wait, wait for more info to be released to the public. I want Hannah to be found & justice to be meted out so badly. And, I desperately wish for justice for MH's family. They have been waiting for so long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cassandra Morton Murdered Missing October 10, 2009 out of Lynchburg, VA

I;m wondering if someone can make like an excel spread sheet or a chart of some kind to show, on one side, what he was up to, juxtaposed with cases we are interested in.

I do believe this is going to be more than a one crime thing. It feels big.

A friend of LJ’s for over nine years described him as a “prowler,” clarifying his use of the word by adding, “which is not to say he was looking for a victim, but looking for a girl who’s already compromised a little bit, maybe improve his chances.”

This type of info seems to me where the "intent to defile" charge would come from. Someone close to him that knows he either commonly tries to take advantage or told a friend he was going to have sex with this drunk girl, etc.

If anyone has this information it would be highly pertinent.... anyone?

I remember reading this info in one of the general threads. Someone found his previous address & wrote that it was 8 miles from where MH's body was found on AF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member