JLM: Other Possible Victims

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He reportedly went to Red Hill Road (elementary?) school too. So he'd know that area very very well.

I thought JM went to Covenant School, and Monticello High... did he transfer? Anyone have links, etc?

That is super great sleuthing. And scary. Wow.

More than a little interesting. From your link:Much, much more at that link. Wow.

No stones. I think it really is a brainstorming session. It is apparent that some of the missing/murdered women were victimized by others. But one of the things we like to do is throw everything together and see if there are patterns.

Another thing is that many of us who have been sleuthing for years and following these cases for decades, understand certain things about these cases. Like how if certain behavior is brazen, it may indicate a comfort level not typical of a first time offender. Also, the criminal history and the past accusations fit a pattern of someone who is not a first time offender.
The conduct after he was named a POI is also interesting and some may feel fits a person who has done this before.

But many people, looong before the arrest, were talking about Morgan Harrington and the sketch. The moment he was named a POI, people were making connections and speculating. However, at that time, we were not able to discuss his possible connection to Morgan or other cases yet. (Webseluths is cautious not to allow rumors and to protect reputations until the MSM reports these things). So, we didn't go from 0 to 60. We just couldn;t discuss it and many people were thinking about it and chomping at the bit to debate the issue.

Thank you for clarifying that. I appreciate it!!!

Thank you, too! Earlier reports had them linked together. So, Shutterbug, don;t listen to me. This is just one more fact that ads to the weird history of this guy.

Thanks Gitana! I'm putting together this arrest/case timeline now, which I physically already have, just in hardcopy form *sigh*, so it's taking me a while to type up into something coherent to post here... should be done in an hour or so. I've been trying to cross reference the offense dates and then the subsequent hearing dates for JM's charges with any info we have on current missing persons to see if I could place him in the area (or speeding away from the area) of any of the current unsolved/missing persons cases. Didn't realize how much work I was getting myself into! I'm still not done and I started at 2PM!

Wow....just wow! This thread is making me spin. Sounds like this guy has a very dark past.

Morgan harringtons FBI sketch of the suspect here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morgan_Dana_Harrington is the image of the suspect in Hannah Graham's case. I cannot get over it! Finally we may get justice for quite a few grisly crimes!

We need to compare more of his photos side by side. I can't do it but we need the photo of JM from his Liberty U football days next to the sketch(s) of the 05 and maybe other cases. Liberty U photo was in HG thread #15, other is in previous thread or can goggle.

See the original description the weight estimate was 220lbs and height estimate was 6'0. He was nowhere near as heavy as he is now. Just look at his photos from 2007. He weighed a lot less. Even his stat page at LU says he weighed 215 in 2000 and in 2001
http://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cfm?PID=10872&TeamID=9&RosterID=5769
http://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cfm?PID=10872&TeamID=9&RosterID=5769

Thread #15 main HG has a link to his Liberty U photo from 2002. In that one his weight is normal, around 180 lbs I'd guess, that much only due to height and muscle, not fat. Looks like a true athlete.

Does anyone have any relevant information on this man's attorney. I find it incredible that the C-Ville police dept provided this man an attorney prior to him being detained. That is beyond rare. The attorney's name is James Camblos, perhaps? Focus on the Truth, not the obvious.

We need to compare more of his photos side by side. I can't do it but we need the photo of JM from his Liberty U football days next to the sketch(s) of the 05 and maybe other cases. Liberty U photo was in HG thread #15, other is in previous thread or can goggle.

This is a photo I hardly ever see posted online, I believe it's from his senior year in HS though so we could probably get a JM photo timeline going.

LJ http://www.geocities.ws/jonnaspelbring/LJ.html

I remember reading this info in one of the general threads. Someone found his previous address & wrote that it was 8 miles from where MH's body was found on AF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe the address was 24xx ponderosa trail

I have been chomping at the bit to dissect his possible involvement in the MH case. As soon as he was identified as a POI in Hannah's case, I immediately thought of Morgan & "Sketch." My gut told me this guy is bad news, baaaaad news, & I really have the feeling he's a serial predator. He's a wolf in sheep's clothing. Now, it seems that on a daily basis, more info comes out to support this view.
I am so convinced that he's responsible for MH's murder that I will eat my keyboard if he's not. JMO MOO
Not a particularly helpful post, I guess, but thanks for letting me vent. It's driving me crazy to wait, wait, wait for more info to be released to the public. I want Hannah to be found & justice to be meted out so badly. And, I desperately wish for justice for MH's family. They have been waiting for so long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I feel much the same as you. The cases are much too similar to,ignore the possibility. I would hate to think cases with similar characteristics would not be investigated to walt for the DNA to come up a match months later as often happens with serial perps. Fortunately a POI was identified quickly in this case, but not in the 2005 rape case, so a perp was out there perhaps violating others including MH. We know that for a fact. A two time rapist and one time murderer is unlikely to stop. And perhaps he didn't and poor Hannah met up with him September 12th. Hopefully we will know soon. If he's not connected to those cases, he is still likely a repeat offender if the alleged vic in the 2002 Liberty case is to be believed. Maybe I just watch too much L&O SVU. Goodnight fellow sleuthers, I wont be annoying you any more tonight!

Thread #15 main HG has a link to his Liberty U photo from 2002. In that one his weight is normal, around 180 lbs I'd guess, that much only due to height and muscle, not fat. Looks like a true athlete.

2002 6'2 215lbs
He was listed as a red-shirted Freshman. Odd as that would have been his 3rd year When I worked in the B-Ball office of a large Virginia University the guys could be classified as a Freshman for only two years, IIRC. They had five years to graduate. That would allow for one red-shirted year.

I strongly believe JLM could be responsible for the 2005 Fairfax rape, and MH's murder. But I have always strongly believed that RAT is responsible for Samantha Clarke's disappearance (and obviously also he was convicted of AM's murder). JMO.

Here is a start to a timeline... Feel free to edit, add, subtract etc... this at least gets us started!

2000 - Graduates from Monticello High School - Charlottesville, VA (co-captain of football team and MVP; also state wrestling champion)

2000-2002 - Attends Liberty University Lynchburg, VA, on football team during 2000, 2001, 2002 seasons

October 2002 – Accused of sexual assault at Liberty; expelled from school

January 2003-October 15, 2003 attended Christopher Newport University - Newport News, VA

* September 24, 2005 Fairfax, VA Rape

* October 17, 2009 Morgan Harrington, a 20 year old Virginia Tech student, went to Charlottesville with friends to attend a Metallica concert. On January 26, 2010 the remains of Morgan Harrington were discovered in a remote field, ten miles from the John Paul Jones Arena

2007-2010 Matthew holds a taxi permit in Virginia - shown in 2007 newspaper clipping with taxi

June 2009 - charged with assault and attempted grand larceny in Virginia; charges dropped

March 17, 2010 – charged with trespassing after forbidden – listed as living in Keswick, VA

* September 13, 2010 - 19-year-old Samantha Clarke told her then 14 year old brother that she was going out and would be back, but Samantha Clarke never came back.

* November 20, 2012 - Dashad Laquinn Smith is a transgender woman who has not been seen since November 20, 2012 when she was just 19 years old.

August 12, 2012 – becomes employee of University of Virginia Medical Center as operating room transporter

2012- possession of stolen property; charges dropped

* August 3, 2013, 17 year old, Alexis Murphy left her home in Shipman, Virginia and headed to Lynchburg to get her hair done. Murphy was last seen at a gas station in Lovingston, Virginia, 30 minutes south of Charlottesville

August/September 2014 – works as part time volunteer coach at private Covenant Christian School in Charlottesville

September 13, 2014 – Hannah Graham disappears – last seen with Matthew

September 18, 2014 – due in court for driving on suspended license

September 19, 2014 – search warrant issued for Matthew Car and Apartment

September 20, 2014 – Matthew comes into police station, asks for a lawyer and leaves after speaking to lawyer. Drives recklessly and loses surveillance. Warrant issued for 2 counts of reckless driving.

September 22, 2014 – Second search warrant for apartment issued; Arrest warrant issued for Matthew – “Abduction with the Intent to Defile”

September 24, 2014 – Matthew arrested in Galveston, Texas

September 25, 2014 – Extradition hearing held in Texas – no contest

Looks great, well done! But re Alexis: are we able to please add that RAT has been convicted and jailed for her murder. Just incase a new member comes along who may be unfamiliar with that case. TIA :)

Looks great, well done! But re Alexis: are we able to please add that RAT has been convicted and jailed for her murder. Just incase a new member comes along who may be unfamiliar with that case. TIA :)
I agree. That edit should be made to the timeline.

I believe the address was 24xx ponderosa trail

Man oh man. I was early on wanting to go easy on speculating about any MH connections, but pulling up this address on Google maps just gave me chills. I just keep remembering the whole "Biscuit Run" thing being the main focus around Anchorage Farm. And boom- right when I zoom in there is Biscuit Run. Aargh.

I agree. That edit should be made to the timeline.
Can we please add Cassandra Morton, in the Park area Lynchburg Missing October 10, 2009. Her body was recovered on land owned by the University.

"Morton's body was found Sunday on a trail, about 100 yards away from Camp Hydaway Road. A Liberty University student who was patroling the area noticed clothing on the road, which led him to the body. The body was identified by police Tuesday afternoon."
http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/78135977.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member