JLM: Other Possible Victims

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He was in the process of killing her when he was interrupted. He had choked her and she was unconscious.

I just want to agree with a previous poster that I believe this perp choked all his victims to death. I think he picked out petite small victims and knew he could just overpower and choke them to death whenever he decided it was time to kill them.
(just posted on a previous thread that in Morgans case I think too much was made about broken bones when that could have been due to tractor damage to the body since body was in that field for a long time and tractors were known to be in that field)

JustK, since you brought up a possible connection to Thanksgiving, look at Norma Alicia Avillan of Herndon, VA was last seen on Sunday, November 29, 2009, the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Her disappearance hasn't received a lot of attention.

Norma Alicia Avillan is considered a "missing person" by the Herndon (Virginia) Police Department. Her family fears some harm has come to the petite 51-year-old woman.

A security camera captured her departure from Dulles around 11:30 p.m. on one of the busiest travel days of the year - the Sunday following Thanksgiving. Police and her family believe she went home to her apartment in the Berkdale complex in Herndon. Then she vanished.

Avillan's car was in the parking lot of the apartment building. Her furnishings and belongings, except her purse and wallet, were in the locked apartment. But Norma Avillan was gone. Police say there was no obvious evidence of a crime.

http://projectjason.org/forums/topic...n-va-11292009/
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...lan_norma.html

If Norma was abducted, it would be late at night, in an apartment parking lot just off a main road and commercial district. If JLM was driving back to Charlottesville from Washington DC/Northern Virginia, it's just a couple of mile drive from I-66 to Norma's apartment complex (Berkdale apartments). Perhaps she stopped at the store on her way home or went to the McDonalds right across the street and he followed her? It reminds me of the circumstances surrounding the 2005 Fairfax rape.

Also, coincidentally (or perhaps not), November 29, 2009 is the same day Cassandra Morton's body was found on Candler Mountain, near Lynchburg.

As a middle-aged woman and a mom, I'd be more inclined to watch & see, and then approach the girl herself to see if she's ok. This is one of the reasons my hubby won't take me to restaurants/bars where the young crowd hangs out - I spent most of the evening watching and worrying about drunk college girls.

It's great that you keep an eyeout, on cctv though, you might appear "creepy" like WG did.

I just want to agree with a previous poster that I believe this perp choked all his victims to death. I think he picked out petite small victims and knew he could just overpower and choke them to death whenever he decided it was time to kill them.
(just posted on a previous thread that in Morgans case I think too much was made about broken bones when that could have been due to tractor damage to the body since body was in that field for a long time and tractors were known to be in that field)

I thought her mom MH mom made some reference to MH hand, finger bones being crushes/smashed etc. Makes me think she had been in something for a while and fought to get out of what ever it was, I may be wrong.. I also think it is possible the multiple other broken bones could be from being put inside something and carried to that site where she was found. JMO

I still think he was to passionate. There was no point of all that grandstanding , it changed nothing. Instead of all that preaching he should have done a better job of not letting Jlm get away

If it wasn't for an alert citizen and good police work from Texas he would still be out there maybe getting more victims or escaping to Mexico.

I can't believe they let him get away especially if they suspected him as a serial killer. That is just awful police work

I honestly don't think he was "grandstanding", rather passionately appealing to the public to get them emotionally involved in this case to try and both find Hannah and receive evidence. And it worked as CPD got around 1000 tips and had around 75 or more eyewitnesses report to them.

If you notice when they had their POI his manner changed as he was appealing to JM to come forward.

I think he's a fantastic orator and a passionate, proactive LE officer.

BBM. I don't know how you can get to there just from the one rape victim who was assaulted in a way that I think was quite different from Hannah and MH. She was just walking along, carrying her groceries whe her assailant swoope on her. He clearly wanted to "hit and run". She was in a rather public spot and any consent issue out the window. The perp clearly went right to business.

With MH and Hannah, those two apparently went with him willingly. He had to take a whole other approache which was to woo them into his, care make them think they were safe with him, and then make his moves when he had them somewhere he took them, and what he did next is up in the air. As others have said, MH was probably dragged, and hauled, and whatever for months. I'm surprised there is anyone else's DNA left on her, as the remains were described as skeletal. It seems like she was beaten up all over, nut just her neck broken, but there is no telling how that happened or when. She could have been stuck in a contractor's bag and just thrown and smashed to fit a trunk or whatever after she had passed away. Though clearly, JM knew how to do a chokehold and was strong enough to end things right then and there with them.

Anyone else thinking that these potential connections were suspected by LE? I'm thinking back to Chief Longo's demeanor and how he was criticized (by some) as being too passionate. Wonder what they think about that today????

I am relieved that he had a reason for his passion all along! That's what I was hoping for, that there were good solid reasons for him to be so passionate. I had concerns that he might not, and I think it's always good not to just trust authority no matter what--but I was proven wrong in this case and I am glad. It's sad that there is such evil in the world but I am relieved that it looks like there may be justice for MH at long last. I am so grateful that Longo was passionate and proactive, in light of the knowledge he must have had all along! JMO

Hannah was almost 6 feet tall. That's far from petite.

I'm not sure when Lauren Spierer disappeared, but it seems the same to me, drunk girl walking alone, could he have possibly been in Indiana, maybe for an away game?

Lauren disappeared in JUNE...no football then, and her school is not even in the same NCAA Division as the schools he played for. They are immensely different in size of enrollment.

BBM. I don't know how you can get to there just from the one rape victim who was assaulted in a way that I think was quite different from Hannah and MH. She was just walking along, carrying her groceries whe her assailant swoope on her. He clearly wanted to "hit and run". She was in a rather public spot and any consent issue out the window. The perp clearly went right to business.

With MH and Hannah, those two apparently went with him willingly. He had to take a whole other approache which was to woo them into his, care make them think they were safe with him, and then make his moves when he had them somewhere he took them, and what he did next is up in the air. As others have said, MH was probably dragged, and hauled, and whatever for months. I'm surprised there is anyone else's DNA left on her, as the remains were described as skeletal. It seems like she was beaten up all over, nut just her neck broken, but there is no telling how that happened or when. She could have been stuck in a contractor's bag and just thrown and smashed to fit a trunk or whatever after she had passed away. Though clearly, JM knew how to do a chokehold and was strong enough to end things right then and there with them.

JMO of course, nothing definite yet and I realize its somewhat of a leap so soon.

But a few things seem to be coming together if this perp ends up tied to MH, the rape, and Hannahs cases. For Hannah + Morgan, they were very small and petite. Im not certain of the size of the rape victim but I do think that this perp picked very petite girls so he could easily subdue them without a weapon. Some perps like weapons and we havent heard that yet with this guy. Again, only if they are tied together, we now know he tried to strangle 1 of them and we know 2 others are very petite. So taking a leap here to think that may have been his MO.
Lure them in with no weapon and nothing to make them think he is dangerous. But when he wants to strike, all he needs is his bare hands.

Oh, and the mention of him in a pic where he is playing around and has people in choke holds. Mentioned on another thread about his wrestling days I think. Kinda made me lean towards choking may be his thing as well.

When I followed Morgan's case closely as it unfolded, I like probably many others, had developed my own profile of who the monster could be and how things ended for her. The one thing that I never quite could reconcile was the mentioning of the broken bones. If I am not mistaken, the mentioning of that was not from LE at all and mostly from her mom. I dont think LE ever claimed her bones were broken by the perp. I am thinking it was predominantly caused by tractors unfortunately running her over. The owner of the land that found her literally was riding a tractor checking his fences when he found her. So he obviously was pretty close to running over her himself since he spotted her from the tractor. He also stated that he had workers in his fields. So the odds of tractors running her over were actually quite great IMO. So, IMO, i think there is a good chance that she could have been strangled too. But of course that is just a guess.
I am also assuming she was raped and killed the very night she disappeared which could be a wrong assumption.

Thanks for asking and having different opionions. That is what is great about WS here. We all get to bounce ideas around.

Dashad was walking to meet a prearranged date. The meeting was supposed to be near the bus depot on Main Street. The last time he was seen was when he/she told his roommate the details of his date. He did not say his date's name. Dashad looked prettier than many girls when he was dressed up, IMO. I can see him being mistaken for a very young woman walking alone at night.

I'm coming in late on this case, so perhaps someone has already considered this, but... What if the POI in Dashad's case knew JLM and set him up on a date with her without telling JLM that she was biologically a he? When JLM finds out, he flips out and kills her. POI doesn't dare tell police what really happened - and either gets out of town or perhaps JLM decides not to take any chances and kills POI? It would be worth researching any possible connection between POI and JLM.

I'm coming in late on this case, so perhaps someone has already considered this, but... What if the POI in Dashad's case knew JLM and set him up on a date with her without telling JLM that she was biologically a he? When JLM finds out, he flips out and kills her. POI doesn't dare tell police what really happened - and either gets out of town or perhaps JLM decides not to take any chances and kills POI? It would be worth researching any possible connection between POI and JLM.

I think it's worth looking into. At the very least, they should look a bit harder for the original POI. They seem content to just say POI disappeared. POI has to be somewhere, look harder. Dashad is just as important as every other victim.

Has The UVA Medical center given a statement about their orderly?? I suppose he's taken a leave of absence?

Longo's behavior during this case has been very different than his usual demeanor and behavior.

Has The UVA Medical center given a statement about their orderly?? I suppose he's taken a leave of absence?

I mentioned that very same thing to my husband the other day. I'd have thought his place of employment would have given a statement early on, especially with its ties to the UVA victim.

Wasn't there an arrest already in the Morton case?

No, you may be thinking of Alexis Murphy, Livingston, VA. Her body has yet to be found.
Cassandra Morton disappeared one week to the day of MH. She lived in Lynchburg. Her body was found on property belonging to Liberty University. I'm so happy that LPD will consider JLM Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne