JLM: Other Possible Victims

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you are probably right about needing to get a sample straight from the source. FBI seemed to swarm in pretty quickly after Hannah went missing which I thought was interesting. In the Morgan Harrington case police made the link between Morgan's murderer and the attack in Fairfax and didn't tell the public until after it was leaked online. I remember watching a news conference where VSP said they did not want to tell the public but had to now because of false information that had started to spread on the internet. I'll try to find a link.

Perhaps they had matching DNA from the same "sketch" in other unsolved sexual assault cases since Morgan and have been keeping that information to themselves. That would explain why another disappearance in Cville under similar circumstances caught the attention of the Feds so quickly.

Am I grasping for straws here? Wouldn't it also be better for LE not to publicly disclose DNA matches in other cases for trial reasons? All IMO of course.

No, I totally agree. I'm not saying there are, but it wouldn't surprise me to hear of other rapes and/or murders that have been connected by DNA.

I also do not think they ever released autopsy results on MH? Her parents have said she had broken bones and it was a violent death, I've never seen COD or any official statements by LE. It sounds to me like that might be specific reasoning so they can link other crimes?

Wow! It makes you think if he is the suspect in these other cases then he seems to like choosing the same dates for some. Could it be coincidence?

So if he left/got kicked out of CNU in October 2003, it might stand to reason that some sort of accusation of sexual assault happened there too?!

Wow! It makes you think if he is the suspect in these other cases then he seems to like choosing the same dates for some. Could it be coincidence?

Anything is possible; but the fact that he was accused of rape on October 17th and subsequently booted from Liberty in 2002 and then Morgan disappears on October 17th in 2009 is a HUGE cooincidence. If it turns out he was not involved in any of these (still innocent until proven guilty) I'll say that the coincidences are just crazy unreal.

geez...ive been following this for days..i think jlm is guilty...im not sure if its just Hannah or more..i think with longo saying no comment to the question of morgan raises my suspicion...they have said no connection to alexis murphy..strange that eric McFadden..poi in dashad sage disappearance also went to liberty u..he has dreads also..i hope and pray we can put some of these cases to rest for their families.

Anything is possible; but the fact that he was accused of rape on October 17th and subsequently booted from Liberty in 2002 and then Morgan disappears on October 17th in 2009 is a HUGE cooincidence. If it turns out he was not involved in any of these (still innocent until proven guilty) I'll say that the coincidences are just crazy unreal.

IMO it seems like this guy has a past of criminal history that has gone undetected. However it seems some was detected yet he wasn't convicted of anything that I have seen which is strange too.

The Liberty Univ sexual assault was in October 2002. Then he attended Christopher Newport Univ from Jan. 2003 to October 15, 2003. I just found this article with this tidbit (sounds hinky):
http://www.dailypress.com/news/crime/dp-nws-cnu-missing-virginia-student-20140925,0,6607804.story

WOW! Fascinating. Do you think that he was told to leave this 2nd school/team based on them finding out about the previous year's accusations, or do you think that there was another problem that had him off the team? or maybe they didn't ask him to leave, and he just left on his own?

This is probably a long shot but there was a young woman named Autumn Wind Day who went missing from a grocery store parking lot (Food Lion) in July 2003. The store was located within a few miles of the CNU campus. Just posting this for reference, not sure he would be there in July before the school year started unless he was playing football and went early for pre-season.

http://nampn.org/cases/day_autumn.html

Wow....just wow! This thread is making me spin. Sounds like this guy has a very dark past.

Morgan harringtons FBI sketch of the suspect here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morgan_Dana_Harrington is the image of the suspect in Hannah Graham's case. I cannot get over it! Finally we may get justice for quite a few grisly crimes!

WOW! Fascinating. Do you think that he was told to leave this 2nd school/team based on them finding out about the previous year's accusations, or do you think that there was another problem that had him off the team? or maybe they didn't ask him to leave, and he just left on his own?

Wow again in Sept/Oct time frame he leaves a campus. Very odd; I'd think that since no charges were brought at Liberty there must have been some other issue that caused. But of course that is only my opinion and we have no facts to back that up. However; if CNU is speaking with LE perhaps there was something they could add to the profile and investigation JLM. There is a LOT of smoke surrounding this man.

What I think is odd is the fact that he was allowed to work with a football team, is that prior rape allegation anywhere on his record?
Unfortunately it would only be on the police database a it never led to a conviction...
Criminal record checks which are used for employment and volunteer services only contain records of offences wherein the person has actually been convicted of an offence...not just "charged"...
This all pertains to " innocent until proven guilty in a court of law " ....unless there is actually a " conviction" not just a "charge" ....
This is why it is so discouraging and traumatizing when a murder victims family find out that although the suspect may very well have been on police radar ( they keep a database of all charges as well as convictions) he is still able to obtain employment, volunteer etc.
It makes some sense that " charges" alone shouldn't prejudice a person's resume ( especially if you consider charges in which revenge is a mitigating factor and no criminal activity occurred), but it is always awful to learn, after the fact, that there were prior " dropped charges" after a criminals arrest...
This exact scenario played out in our case...but one would have to challenge the entire " human rights" code and presumption of innocence in order to allow PRC (police record checks) to be included in background checks...it is all very frustrating and disheartening , understandable at one level but absolutely devastating when it leads to murder... Follow through is a necessity when charges are brought- unfortunately it is often the victim who backs out due to fear, legal costs or confusion... It is not a perfect system...

PrAyers of strength to the Graham's, Hannah's friends , LE, and all of us who wish to see Justice in this case...

I am googling like crazy right now but I would like to know if we have a date from when he was expelled from Liberty and/or accused of rape? I am curious how the dates match up in relation to when these girls have gone missing. I also have seen some photos of MH when she had brown hair and her physical similarities to HG are pretty stunning. I know I might be grasping at straws with these connections but if in fact the worst comes true (i.e. they find HG was murdered) the only thing we can hope is that it leads to answers regarding MH, Sage and the other missing/murdered girls :(

10/17/02 - can't find the link now b/c the threads were all split up. someone posted a crime report pdf

Has anyone found any connections to JM and Anchorage Farm.We know he went to Red Hill Elementary which is in North Garden, VA, which is near Anchorage Farm
We can't post addresses, but a previous known address of JLM is suspiciously close to Anchorage Farm. :(

Wow, good catch. Thank you.

I don't think it should be ruled out, as I'm trying to do a spreadsheet just to keep my own sanity, and your info fits right in between the Jan. 2003 - JLM begins CNU and Aug. 2003 - JLM begins football at CNU, so I don't think it is a stretch to say he was living there in July. 2003. (Reason being is that my daughter is in college, and she has to pay rent for the full year on her apartment even though she comes home for summer vacation... So my guess is that a LOT of students live in their apartments during the summer vacation since they have to pay for them anyway.)

ETA: This is in response to post #80 regarding Autumn Wind Day going missing July 2003 near CNU. Sorry.

Excerpted from the following news story:

http://wtkr.com/2013/05/07/database-lists-25-open-cases-of-missing-women-in-hampton-roads/

Sophie May Rivera – Newport News
Date last seen September 07, 2003 00:00
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/975/45

Autumn Wind Day – Newport News
Date last seen July 24, 2003 00:00
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/977/46

Julie Marie Fraser – Norfolk
Date last seen February 01, 2003 00:00
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/1012/50

All during the time when JM was at CNU according to this article.
http://www.dailypress.com/news/crime/dp-nws-cnu-missing-virginia-student-20140925,0,6607804.story

I was wondering the exact same. He left the school mid-October, but it says he was no longer part of the football team as of September 12, 2003.

Does anybody on WS know if there are statistics as to when rape/murders of women are most likely to occur? Or are these September and October dates that keep popping up coincidental in only JLM's history?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95