JLM: What Do We Know About Him? - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

As of now, there is ONE named suspect in the disappearance of Hannah Graham. That person is Jesse Matthew.

Discussing ("sleuthing") his friends, family and acquaintances in relation to the disappearance of Hannah Graham or ANY OTHER CRIME is NOT allowed.

Those who continue that line of discussion will find their posting privileges temporarily suspended.

Thanks.

Bessie

Friendly bump. I think that's allowed (?). (Can't figure out how to get that cute bump emoticon though)

Trouble is...hardly any killers or rapists fit into our image of what they should be like. I live in Cleve. Oh. And Ariel Castro (the guy with 3 young women captives)lived a pretty "normal" life-it is only in hindsight that many weird things seem apparent.

We cannot know who he is in a vacuum. All we know, then, is that he is a suspect and his measurable dimensions. Had a job, liked to drink. And grew up in and near Charlottesville. JMO

We have no idea whether this happened or not.

I believe that I would visit my friend in jail,and while I may be shocked and sad, I would ask them to talk to investigators if there is anything to tell them that would help them find Hannah. Too late now, I suppose. JMO

I'm thinking that during the time he was still out/free, this is when his friends may have urged him to come clean. Just a guess, though.

True. But there would be a record. JMO

JMO OK. But my impression is that he was a tag-along guy and that he was liked ok in that way, but not that he had dear friends who truly loved him. Where is his best friend? Why all the silence? I understand it in terms of his family, but I can't imagine someone's closest friend not speaking out. JMO

His closest friends have been advised by counsel to remain silent.

Using your comment to jump off, not directed at you personally:

But why would this ruin his future career? Conductor posted that he/she had never found an instance of a male at UVA being kicked out for a rape CONVICTION, let alone just an accusation. So, sure maybe JM had to leave Liberty and the other place, but it seems colleges in general don't take rape accusations very seriously, especially if we're talking about a talented football player who is an absolute god in our culture.

Obviously in HIS mind it may have ruined his career, but if he was talented enough even a conviction wouldn't stop him. It's all about his perception of things though really. I understand that.

If it's my theory (which it is), I think you hit the nail on the head...it would've been all about HIS perception -- not necessarily reality.

Bonacker- I think you may have gotten some of the relationships mixed up there in your post above (not criticizing, just avoiding potential mis-information being out there).

Yes, you're right. I meant to write Paulap. Sorry!

Hi Spicer2000...I'd like to clarify if you have heard from all the people who were cheering with JM?

If there were any such allegations, I tend to believe they would have been "handled" quietly. Being a life-long secondary teacher and former cheer adviser, and being aware of the culture of of the class of 2000 (older child), I don't think this type of thing would have been shared with the group. Just wondering...

Yes -- posted last night. Every friend I've talked to who was on the cheer team had never heard anything of the like until the past few weeks, so we're all thinking it might be internet rumor (or, of course, something that was REALLY well covered up).

Jumping out of lurk mode very briefly. Not sure if this belongs in the 'other victims' thread or this one, but I think there is reason to believe that JM did not always act by himself. This relates to the isappearance of Brittainee Drexel. I know she disappeared from Myrtle Beach, but read anyways.

04/25/2009 - Brittainee Drexel - who met JM's established "type," - went missing from Myrtle Beach. It is believed (and there is reason to believe) that she had disappeared while walking a relative distance along a busy street, although nobody on the street recalled seeing anything odd - which means that it is logical to believe that she could have been instantly snatched, or that she could have willingly gotten into a cab or a similar vehicle. This case was starting to pick up heavy media attention about a month later, around the time JM had his incident with that attorney.

10/16/2009 - Authorities investigating the BD case announced they were focusing search efforts in a specific part of SC based on a brief cell phone ping which had occured about a day after BD's disappearance. Morgan Harrington, of course, went missing in VA the night after. I forget where I may have read it, but I recall someone had reported that she had gotten into a van along with two guys?

07/22/2010 - There was an attempted abduction in Myrtle Beach, along the same street where BD was presumed to have gone missing from. The victim again matched JM's type, and supposedly two men in a pale blue van snatched her from the street while a third man drove. The two known suspects were described as:

Police are actively searching for two black males, one of which has been described as a heavyset man with a moustache and goatee. At the time of Wednesday's near abduction, the man was wearing a white T-shirt and blue jean shorts.

The second suspect, according to Massey, was described as a tall, slender black male.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/12864913/victim-of-attempted-abduction-in-mb-speaks-out

A man who generally looked like JM (same skin color/tone, same facial hair, similar enough facial shape) was arrested in that case after he was picked out of a lineup. He was later cleared as it was proven that he was elsewhere at the time of the offense, but we know that one actual suspect looks like him.

So, I actually don't think that anybody should be drawing any conclusions related to all of this. But I figure it is worth asking whether JM was ever known to spend time in Myrtle Beach, whether he ever was known to drive a pale blue van with rust spots, and whether he had any acquaintances that were known to drive such a vehicle. Until shown otherwise, I figure there is reason to believe that he may have had involvement with these two Myrtle Beach cases, and if that is the case we know that he worked as part of a team of three on at least one occasion.

Since this thread is "JLM: What do we know about him?", I thought I'd throw in this bit about his father (that has probably already been covered):

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/03/uva-kidnap-jesse-leroy-matthew_n_5929602.html

Court records show Jesse Matthew Sr., with a history of public intoxication arrests and one misdemeanor indecent exposure conviction, was living an hour away in Farmville and owed several thousand dollars in support.

Let's remember that he seemingly started this sexually deviant behavior at age 20! By the time he was 23 he escalated to rape/attempted and foiled murder!

I haven't been keeping up with this thread(s) like I should so pardon me if this has already been discussed. I've been trying to figure out why in the heck JM would have risked getting caught by taking Hannah to Tempo (or parking her outside). It doesn't make sense in terms of being recognized after the fact. But if he had date rape drugs then he would need some way for Hannah to ingest them. So he would need to get her a drink. His plan takes shape as he sees her walking and maybe she tells him she just wants to go home. He tells her he's an off-duty cab driver and he will take her home after he stops at this bar. He could have made up a story that he was meeting friends there. Buys her a drink, she drinks it and is led, slumping, to his car. MH fought hard for her life, and he would very much want to make sure his next victim(s) had no chance of defending themselves. And he was unaware that the CCV was miraculously recording his predation along the downtown mall, so the trip to Tempo seemed like a great plan to him at the time.

Where and how does someone get their hands on Rohipnol? I'm guessing someone in CV sold JM some.

MOO

Parker Slaybaugh 8News
1 hr ·
‪#‎HannahGraham‬
I am also learning that ‪#‎JesseMatthew‬ is being held in isolation at the jail, he is only out of his cell for up to 1 hr a day to shower and exercise. He has been very cooperative with staff instructions. His cell measures approximately 6x9 with a toilet and sink and a raise concrete bed with a plastic covered mattress and a blanket. He can request books from the library.

Parker Slaybaugh 8News
1 hr ·
‪#‎HannahGraham‬
I am also learning that ‪#‎JesseMatthew‬ is being held in isolation at the jail, he is only out of his cell for up to 1 hr a day to shower and exercise. He has been very cooperative with staff instructions. His cell measures approximately 6x9 with a toilet and sink and a raise concrete bed with a plastic covered mattress and a blanket. He can request books from the library.

Interesting. Thanks for posting that.

Conductor- there you go. He has a toilet. No need to worry :)

hmm, something reminded of this just now... this forum is indeed profound to remind one of the good bard:

‘The purpose you undertake is dangerous; the friends you
have named uncertain; the time itself unsorted; and
your whole plot too light for the counterpoise of so
great an opposition.’ Say you so, say you so? I say
unto you again, you are a shallow cowardly hind, and
you lie.

Henry IV, Part I
[II, 1]
Gadshill
W. Shakespeare

Status
Not open for further replies.