JLM: What Do We Know About Him? - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How about this- with regards to the W&L sighting: news comes out that HG is missing. Public now is following. Comparisons are made to MH. Sketch is released again in media- just part of reminder of MH, discussing similarities, etc. Someone who goes to W&L or who lives in Lexington is heightened to the search for HG and thinks, "oh, wow, yeah I think I saw a guy that looked like Sketch a week or so ago! I'm going to call that in."

Just a thought I had tonight.

One more thing that just dawned on me...during all of his traffic stops and possible traffic court appearances NO one in LE recognized him either!!!!!!! How can that be? He sure has a very long list of traffic stops. I feel sick about how many times he could have been noticed...wonder what went thru JMs mind every time police officer pulled him over?

I never saw a resemblance. I think the sketch looked like a much older guy than JM.

<modsnip>

How about this- with regards to the W&L sighting: news comes out that HG is missing. Public now is following. Comparisons are made to MH. Sketch is released again in media- just part of reminder of MH, discussing similarities, etc. Someone who goes to W&L or who lives in Lexington is heightened to the search for HG and thinks, "oh, wow, yeah I think I saw a guy that looked like Sketch a week or so ago! I'm going to call that in."

Just a thought I had tonight.

:seeya:I think that is very probable!!

The possible victims/traffic charges leads to this question: Where was JM living/working in 2004, 2005, and 2006?

Can anyone answer that, or find out?

Hawes Spencer &#8207;@HawesSpencer · 5m5 minutes ago

@AugensteinWTOP

Camblos says he'll defend #JesseMatthew in 2005 Fairfax rape, won't say why he changed mind from 2 days ago #HannahGraham

Has any more been mentioned about the taxi cab found in a field? Did it belong to JMs cab company he worked for? Was it reported stolen? Sorry this question doesn't flow with our current discussion but I can't find much about it.

Neal Augenstein &#8207;@AugensteinWTOP · 1h1 hour ago

In case you're wondering, #JesseMatthew was NOT transferred to Fairfax overnight, per Detention Ctr. #HannahGraham

New to this post but have read back through several pages to try to catch myself up to the conversation a bit. I was living in Cville the year Morgan was killed. I had two jobs then, one was in a local bar/restaurant. I was working the night of the Metallica concert, I remember clearly all the fans coming in when the concert was over. (Crushing to think this was roughly the exact time terrible things where happening to Morgan). I was also working the night her remains where found, I remember all of us staring at the TV screens. Pretty much every other person who worked in that bar was was a local, from Cville or Nelson county, and other surrounding rural areas, some of them even working there as part of work release from prison. And one or to UVA students, including one who's friend is the guy who found the Metallica shirt on the bush near his apartment in Nov.

Cville for those who are not familiar with it is a bit of a bubble. You have a very long 29 running 2hrs north to DC and very little that's not rural in between, you have Richmond an hour east, you have mountains to your west, and Lynchburg about 2hrs south. No one really leaves the area, which is what makes it this odd little bubble. You have the UVA students who think they go to the best school ever created, you have the white wealthy locals, who have a bit of that stuck up southern charm, you have the poor white locals, the poor black locals, and you have some pseudo hippies, and some preps, the final two usually falling into the post grad, or post post grad UVA student or alumni status. But my point is it is an odd little culture sort of all stuck in the one little area of VA. And I think comprehending the culture of this town is important.

Because JLM was a LOCAL! He frequented the bar I worked at!!! He knew people I worked with. He hid in plane site! I saw him often. He's hard to miss! I even road in his cab once! He was at a Halloween party at my bar, the year Morgan vanished, I have a pictures he's in the background, at that time his dreadlocks where much shorter, only to about his forehead. It would have been only 2 weeks after the Metallica concert.

New to this post but have read back through several pages to try to catch myself up to the conversation a bit. I was living in Cville the year Morgan was killed. I had two jobs then, one was in a local bar/restaurant. I was working the night of the Metallica concert, I remember clearly all the fans coming in when the concert was over. (Crushing to think this was roughly the exact time terrible things where happening to Morgan). I was also working the night her remains where found, I remember all of us staring at the TV screens. Pretty much every other person who worked in that bar was was a local, from Cville or Nelson county, and other surrounding rural areas, some of them even working there as part of work release from prison. And one or to UVA students, including one who's friend is the guy who found the Metallica shirt on the bush near his apartment in Nov.

Cville for those who are not familiar with it is a bit of a bubble. You have a very long 29 running 2hrs north to DC and very little that's not rural in between, you have Richmond an hour east, you have mountains to your west, and Lynchburg about 2hrs south. No one really leaves the area, which is what makes it this odd little bubble. You have the UVA students who think they go to the best school ever created, you have the white wealthy locals, who have a bit of that stuck up southern charm, you have the poor white locals, the poor black locals, and you have some pseudo hippies, and some preps, the final two usually falling into the post grad, or post post grad UVA student or alumni status. But my point is it is an odd little culture sort of all stuck in the one little area of VA. And I think comprehending the culture of this town is important.

Because JLM was a LOCAL! He frequented the bar I worked at!!! He knew people I worked with. He hid in plane site! I saw him often. He's hard to miss! I even road in his cab once! He was at a Halloween party at my bar, the year Morgan vanished, I have a pictures he's in the background, at that time his dreadlocks where much shorter, only to about his forehead. It would have been only 2 weeks after the Metallica concert.
Thank you for your insight! Please post your picture.

I would but there are others in the photo too, so i am not comfortable doing that.

Hawes Spencer &#8207;@HawesSpencer · 5m5 minutes ago

@AugensteinWTOP

Camblos says he'll defend #JesseMatthew in 2005 Fairfax rape, won't say why he changed mind from 2 days ago #HannahGraham

It appeared to me that Camblos wanted to be named as the Public defender in the Fairfax Case and made the request. Had he taken the case pro bono as an extension of the Hannah Graham case, he might not have been so appointed, as there would be no reason to assign a PD to JM when he already has one. But Fairfax apparently denied Camblos' PD request, so he had to then decide to either take the case on his own without payment from the COmmonwealth or whereever PD funds are , or hand it over to such a PD or other volunteer to take the case pro bono.

No a little shorter. It wasn't grown out in the back the way it was in the link picture.

Sorry for not feeling comfortable including the picture guys, just trying to protect the other people in the photo. I don't mean to frustrate you.

After a month of reading and cogitating about Jesse Leroy Matthew and the many abductions and rapes in Virginia on WebSleuths and the several other blogs covering these cases extensively, I have come to the opinion that JLM may be more purposeful, mindful and emotionally invested than we at first realized, in choosing both his victims and their burial places.

JMO

I don't recall seeing anything about JM being on any social websites. It's hard to imagine he wasn't considering the stories of how he'd hit on women. Do we really think he wasn't online or have we just not discovered his accounts? You'd really imagine he'd even be on sites like this after Morgan's case made national news.

I don't recall seeing anything about JM being on any social websites. It's hard to imagine he wasn't considering the stories of how he'd hit on women. Do we really think he wasn't online or have we just not discovered his accounts? You'd really imagine he'd even be on sites like this after Morgan's case made national news.
He had a Facebook page that 'went dark' about the time he took off for Texas.

No a little shorter. It wasn't grown out in the back the way it was in the link picture.

Sorry for not feeling comfortable including the picture guys, just trying to protect the other people in the photo. I don't mean to frustrate you.
No problem, we appreciate your discretion!

If you have paint or a similar type program, you could also try obscuring the other faces if that helps.

John, I believe references have been made on WS's that he was on FB...I don't want to propagate any rumors, though, about content. If he is like other SK's, it would seem he may have inserted himself into the investigation in various ways, including following sites like this. But I'm not sure if that fits his profile...

He has a FB. Might still be online.

I can't imagine him still having access to FB though. That would be upsetting- to think he had social media access in jail. To JohnTate: I believe there was speculation several weeks ago that JM was on an "ask" website but I don't remember where on earth to find that thread. And again, it was speculation based on some posts at one point. My brain has gotten completely jumbled with a lot of this info now that I've been engrossed in it. And given how many different cases JM is now potentially involved in, this is turning out to be one complicated case to follow. I should have kept a file cabinet. Had some type of filing system at least... I bet the veteran WS'ers actually have some good systems down! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth