JLM: What Do We Know About Him? - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't know the pictures were taken so close together. He has big lips... though. I don't think he's doing anything to manipulate his facial features. Maybe its the hair pulled back and the lowered chin. So GLAD this fool is off the streets. When I saw that picture of him standing with his yellow taxi I doubled over and said, that looks like that guy in the sketch!!

Do you mean recently or in 2007 when the photo was published (that he looked like the guy in the sketch)?

YES! I know.

Hoping to get some potential victims from that area/time frame on a map. That might help with that aspect.

Is there any way to find out where he did live in 2004-2005? Where he worked? If he got any traffic tickets anywhere? We've literally got nuthin'.

FWIW: If I remember correctly, all the traffic charges during that time period listed him as living at a Charlottesville address. I tried to mark on the time line if it listed him as living elsewhere at the time.

(P.S. What needs updated on the timeline?)

Do you mean recently or in 2007 when the photo was published (that he looked like the guy in the sketch)?

I only became familiar with the case after Hannah Graham's case was in mainstream media. When they identified the suspect as JLM and the initial rumors were being made of him being connected to the MH case, I saw the picture of him standing near his yellow taxi. When I saw the picture and the sketch, I immediately saw the resemblance. I am so thankful that he has been identified. I am pained that many lives were lost in the process of getting him off the streets.

Trini, weren't the pictures taken less than a week apart? Do you think he could have been pursing his lips to make them appear bigger, or do you think he lost that much weight that quickly?

I think someone could easily lose that much weight that quickly if it was because they were stressed and running from the law, trying to avoid being caught for murder. I know when I lose weight, the first place it drops is from my face.

Also, the bigger face picture looks a little puffy. Could drugs do that, temporarily?

FWIW: If I remember correctly, all the traffic charges during that time period listed him as living at a Charlottesville address. I tried to mark on the time line if it listed him as living elsewhere at the time.

Thanks again for the wonderful timeline, shutterbug.
One item that I noted missing -- the 9/7/2003 sexual assault at CNU. I think that news came out just after you first posted the great timeline.
I know a couple of folks on other threads have mentioned a couple of other things, I just haven't kept track of them all. If I find them, I'll pass them along.

Not much, but a few things! :)

** 9/7/03 – CNU rape
2005 - Obtains taxi permit per Charlottesville Commissioner of the Revenue (other sources have it as 2007)
2006 - Holds taxi permit per Charlottesville Commissioner of the Revenue
8/2/10 - Requests taxi permit be deactivated

Thanks, shutterbug!

I think someone could easily lose that much weight that quickly if it was because they were stressed and running from the law, trying to avoid being caught for murder. I know when I lose weight, the first place it drops is from my face.

Also, the bigger face picture looks a little puffy. Could drugs do that, temporarily?
Prednisone would make his face puff out, good call. In Texas he had a medical issue of some sort, but they wouldn't release what it was, obviously. Maybe he had been on meds. Since I don't have time right now to look for a link about the medical issue, consider it rumor for now.

Not much, but a few things! :)

** 9/7/03 – CNU rape
2005 - Obtains taxi permit per Charlottesville Commissioner of the Revenue (other sources have it as 2007)
2006 - Holds taxi permit per Charlottesville Commissioner of the Revenue
8/2/10 - Requests taxi permit be deactivated

Thanks, shutterbug!

I will try to update it tonight. Let me know if you see anything else. (Bessie curious what date you fixed today?)

I've got to admit that being an amateur sleuth and a Charlottesville resident, I've been very fixated on Hannah's disappearance as clearly many of you are as well. I've done frequent mini searches throughout the area on my own without turning up anything; but, curiously, I rode past the property last Friday where the remains were found although this is not that close to where I reside nor my usual "search route" in Southern Albemarle County. I suspected early on once LJ became a person of interest that he might have a significant learning disability. I say this as a retired career Special Educator who spent many years working in the prison system. I read a post a while back that an acquaintance of his had been in an LD class with him at Red Hill Elementary School. I suspect that his social skills are very primitive and that football and wrestling not only gave him a physical outlet but also a "role" by which he could view himself and others could view him without the messiness of normal adolescent interactions. It is not uncommon for those with social issues such as MR, autism, and severe LD to learn to interact with others by practicing scripted exchanges. I think that he may have chosen Liberty University because either he or others thought that given any challenges with social interactions, a strict set of rules would help him navigate the unwritten and sometimes cryptic social rules of college life. Another former acquaintance noted that Jesse's life peaked at 17 which I believe is very telling. One person said that in 15 years, he never saw an interaction between LJ and a female that was not awkward, also very telling. I believe that the "rape" at Liberty shattered not only his career aspirations, but has also served as an anniversary of sorts for the end of his life. Curiously, he is still listed on the roster of the Charlottesville Silverbacks http://virginiasilverbacks.weebly.com/roster.html, a semi-pro football team. So in his mind, he may have held out hopes of "making it" in the big leagues or at least participating in an endeavor where he understood the rules of normal interaction. I'm not sure how he managed to avoid jail time as an habitual offender because he clearly met the criteria for that, but I don't see him as a skilled criminal or he would have minimally tried to change his appearance while on the run, such as removing his distinctive his dreadlocks or hiding in a location where there were an abundance of African-Americans with similar hair styles....

I've got to admit that being an amateur sleuth and a Charlottesville resident, I've been very fixated on Hannah's disappearance as clearly many of you are as well. I've done frequent mini searches throughout the area on my own without turning up anything; but, curiously, I rode past the property last Friday where the remains were found although this is not that close to where I reside nor my usual "search route" in Southern Albemarle County. I suspected early on once LJ became a person of interest that he might have a significant learning disability. I say this as a retired career Special Educator who spent many years working in the prison system. I read a post a while back that an acquaintance of his had been in an LD class with him at Red Hill Elementary School. I suspect that his social skills are very primitive and that football and wrestling not only gave him a physical outlet but also a "role" by which he could view himself and others could view him without the messiness of normal adolescent interactions. It is not uncommon for those with social issues such as MR, autism, and severe LD to learn to interact with others by practicing scripted exchanges. I think that he may have chosen Liberty University because either he or others thought that given any challenges with social interactions, a strict set of rules would help him navigate the unwritten and sometimes cryptic social rules of college life. Another former acquaintance noted that Jesse's life peaked at 17 which I believe is very telling. One person said that in 15 years, he never saw an interaction between LJ and a female that was not awkward, also very telling. I believe that the "rape" at Liberty shattered not only his career aspirations, but has also served as an anniversary of sorts for the end of his life. Curiously, he is still listed on the roster of the Charlottesville Silverbacks http://virginiasilverbacks.weebly.com/roster.html, a semi-pro football team. So in his mind, he may have held out hopes of "making it" in the big leagues or at least participating in an endeavor where he understood the rules of normal interaction. I'm not sure how he managed to avoid jail time as an habitual offender because he clearly met the criteria for that, but I don't see him as a skilled criminal or he would have minimally tried to change his appearance while on the run, such as removing his distinctive his dreadlocks or hiding in a location where there were an abundance of African-Americans with similar hair styles....

That is the 2012 roster...see the schedule...it hasnt been updated since then...confusing! :)

Welcome, jrporter!!! I appreciate your insights.

And just to add one more to show how crazy it is to try to even line up photos of the same person taken at different angles, much less different years, with a sketch, here's an overlay of JLM's own face from his recent arrest to his September 19, 2014 DMV photograph. I'm with the members here who said it looks like he's purposely trying to look different in each photograph! Check out the difference in his lips!
View attachment 62112

Puffy cheeks, fuller lips and darker skin in pic on the right, might be the combined result of a drinking binge and a sunburn, imo.

I know! He was so out in the community and came in contact with so many people it just seems like one person would've made a call to LE. If only to say something like I work with this really nice, big teddy bear guy or my sons coach is a great coach and wonderful with the kids BUT he looks a lot like the sketch put out by LE. I wonder why no one made a call? Was he really that nice no one could even imagine him having a dark side? Also, I would think a college friend or professor who knew about the sexual assaults would have made a connection after seeing this sketch. Or after a tip in MH case she may have gotten in a cab surely one if his coworkers would've had a red flag alarming!

YES SCMOM--you totally get where I am coming from. It cannot be possible that in the entire 5 years since MH disappeared and that Sketch was out there that the night he took HG was the ONLY time he got drunk and acted out. I am a recovering alcoholic and know I loved getting drunk and did so every moment available. How does one control himself in between abductions. Surely this behavior must of happened before and if he were so much a part of the "scene" in town, someone should have put 1+1 together.

This is just so tragic--who knows how many young women have fallen prey to this guy.....and it is not like just blends in with the crowd. My God he is Gigantic, with Dread locks, he looks like a mountain man. I cannot even believe anyone would take a ride with him let alone a women--Unbelievable!!!!!

Not that this means anything, but I though this was interesting. Someone called the FBI tip line to say that they had seen the Fairfax "sketch" on the campus of Washington and Lee University around two weeks prior to the HG disappearance. The person did not call in the tip right away but rather waited two weeks until the 15th or 16th. Students were advised to take extra care, but no follow up. No one ever came forward to say that after the fact it was surely JM.

Guess it has been dismissed as baseless by police but it seems given the intense media scrutiny this would have been followed up on and reported? If it is a dead ringer seems it would be huge news to have some one who used that sketch to make a positive ID of JM give how many think that he looks just like the drawing.

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/lex...of-suspect-in-morgan-harrington-case/28095082

I may be the odd one out, but I don't think the sketch looks just like JM. If I ran into him the way he looks with dreads and the extra weight, I don't think I would have associated him with sketch. I think his arrest picture in Texas is so frightening. It really disturbs me to think that face is likely the last thing those precious girls saw, really makes me feel horrible beyond words.

http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/lo...a4bcf6878.html[/QUOTE]
Can we get the August 2, 2010 date added to the timeline Shutterbug made please?
"Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles records show that Matthew held a taxi permit from 2007 until Aug. 2, 2010, when he asked that it be deactivated, an agency spokeswoman said Friday. Matthew’s taxi permit was filed under his own name, rather than a company name, and because the DMV does not have Matthew’s permit application, the length of his time with the company is unclear, an agency spokeswoman said."

Interesting and informative post, jrporter. Welcome! I hope you'll stay with us--you have a lot to offer here, not only as a result of your life experience, your profession, and your place of residence, but also because of the way you think, how you put details together and interpret them. Stick around!

Sorry, I'm tapping on a tiny phone screen and I can't find the Cville address. I don't think we can list the exact one, but general street/area? Is it the Ponderosa one?

:wagon: Good first post. Very thought provoking. Look forward to following this case with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth