JLM: What Do We Know About Him? - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He is also a very, very large man. I would probably be scared to call him in, honestly, if I were doubting to myself whether it was even him.

Good point. I would too if I had any idea my call would somehow get back to him.

View attachment 62102View attachment 62103

2. Current mugshot of JLM. Creepy how this one is rather accurate, except for the placement of the eyes. But heck, the eye shape is uncanny, as is the curve of the brow!

3. JLM's September 19, 2014 DMV photo. Really hard to see any similarities here, but then again, it's hard to see that it's the same person as the guy in the mugshot -- taken only weeks apart. What's with the pursed, puffy lips here? Odd.
And just to add one more to show how crazy it is to try to even line up photos of the same person taken at different angles, much less different years, with a sketch, here's an overlay of JLM's own face from his recent arrest to his September 19, 2014 DMV photograph. I'm with the members here who said it looks like he's purposely trying to look different in each photograph! Check out the difference in his lips!
JLM one month apart.jpg

And just to add one more to show how crazy it is to try to even line up photos of the same person taken at different angles, much less different years, with a sketch, here's an overlay of JLM's own face from his recent arrest to his September 19, 2014 DMV photograph. I'm with the members here who said it looks like he's purposely trying to look different in each photograph! Check out the difference in his lips!
View attachment 62112

I agree with the DMV photo of trying to look different especially if he were contemplating making an exit from VA in the near future. Place your chin down to make your face appear fuller and stick your lips out for the same effect.

On another note I wonder if his lips could be somewhat swollen from an injury, i.e. being hit. It would be approximately 6 days from the time Hannah was missing to the DMV photo. Would swelling last that long?

Btw - great work with comparison of the different photos!

i think she may have said "well spoken" which meant "polite"
because he never seemed "well spoken" to me... polite and cordial, yes but def not "well spoken"

Paula,
I've been meaning to ask you. Does he usually sound the way he did on the video from Texas? To me, he sounded like he was 10 or 11, the way he was talking. Or, do you think he was just nervous or confused?

Paula,
I've been meaning to ask you. Does he usually sound the way he did on the video from Texas? To me, he sounded like he was 10 or 11, the way he was talking. Or, do you think he was just nervous or confused?

that sounded just like lj... kind of mumbling and not so bright

BBM:
He was ID'ed, by close friends/family, as a perfect match for the sketch (according to a news article that I can't find). But I imagine they said it jokingly, because they never in a million years thought he would do this. Thus, they wouldn't have reported him. Then, he grew dreadlocks...and failed to look any older year after year. People would have aged the sketch in their minds to a much older version, IMO.

As for that night--who knows. Either:
1. He had grown so confident/cocky that he didn't think it mattered if he was seen
2. He had no control over his "urge" and wasn't thinking, or
3. Subconsciously was either taunting LE or wanted to get caught
(and I'm sure more options, which we may never know)

Alcohol making him much more reckless perhaps?

I agree with the DMV photo of trying to look different especially if he were contemplating making an exit from VA in the near future. Place your chin down to make your face appear fuller and stick your lips out for the same effect.

On another note I wonder if his lips could be somewhat swollen from an injury, i.e. being hit. It would be approximately 6 days from the time Hannah was missing to the DMV photo. Would swelling last that long?

Great point! Lip swelling could also be angioedema from an allergy, environmental perhaps.

It seems like JLM lost weight which makes his pictures appear as if he is trying to alter his features. He looks 20-25 pounds heavy in the picture with his hair down than the photo with his hair pulled away from his face. I don't think there is any doubt that it's him.

Paulap, since you're here, I'd like to ask if you can help with the timeline on his whereabouts/employment, etc, from after he left CNU until he clearly shows up in Charlottesville again in fall of 2007. I certainly understand if you're not comfortable answering, if you don't know the answer, or if LE has advised you not to answer, but I can't not ask.

Thanks. Hope you guys are beginning to process some of this.

Great point! Lip swelling could also be angioedema from an allergy, environmental perhaps.

No, there is no lip swelling. JLM is black and has large lips (btw, I am also Black and have full lips). There is no allergy other than the fact that he has more weight on him. If you look at weight loss photographs, the person's facial features also change.

Thanks! If you hit "reply with quote" then it will show that you are responding to me. That said, if you are mobile I always struggle with that!!

Yes, I am on my phone, hopefully it will work. There were no football games the days Alexis Murphy and Samantha Clark, disappeared. At least no Liberty games.

Inspired by scmom23's post above, here are some attempts to show the original 2005 sketch overlaying three separate photos of JLM.

View attachment 62101View attachment 62102View attachment 62103

The quality is rather poor, I admit.

1. Early photo of JLM, closer in age to the date of the Fairfax assault in September, 2005. The photo was not a completely frontal view, so it doesn't really match up well. All I could do was rotate the original a bit to line it up as best as I could.

2. Current mugshot of JLM. Creepy how this one is rather accurate, except for the placement of the eyes. But heck, the eye shape is uncanny, as is the curve of the brow!

3. JLM's September 19, 2014 DMV photo. Really hard to see any similarities here, but then again, it's hard to see that it's the same person as the guy in the mugshot -- taken only weeks apart. What's with the pursed, puffy lips here? Odd.

Re: the different appearances of the lips, I think that in the mugshot, he may have been (1) purposely distorting his appearance or, IMO more likely (2) drawing his lips in a bit because of stress/tension.

No, there is no lip swelling. JLM is black and has large lips (btw, I am also Black and have full lips). There is no allergy other than the fact that he has more weight on him. If you look at weight loss photographs, the person's facial features also change.

the pictures were only taken a week apart. no doubt its him!

It seems like JLM lost weight which makes his pictures appear as if he is trying to alter his features. He looks 20-25 pounds heavy in the picture with his hair down than the photo with his hair pulled away from his face. I don't think there is any doubt that it's him.

No doubt it is JM but he looks quite different with his hair pulled back which IIRC is how he looked the night he approached Hannah.

It would have been a very severe weight loss between the two photos shown if this is true. The one on the right was taken at DMV on Sept. 18 or 19 and the booking photos was taken maybe 10 days later at the most.

That last side-by-side though, the two color ones, were pictures taken within six DAYS of each other. His lips are obviously larger in the one on the right. He could be manipulating that by tensing his face, pulling his lips in, etc., but it isn't a weight change.

ETA: As a wrestler, as others have mentioned, he's quite familiar with losing and putting on poundage quickly, but I still don't think that would account for enough extra fat for it to be stored in his lips that quickly. If you look at the Texas video at the convenience store, though, his belly does appear much larger than in the DTM video or the extradition video.

Trini, weren't the pictures taken less than a week apart? Do you think he could have been pursing his lips to make them appear bigger, or do you think he lost that much weight that quickly?

So, I do not know JLM but his history, personality, and behavior reminds me of a student who went to law school with me (a year or two behind my class). I ALWAYS thought the guy was weird. He was LARGE (height and size) though not overweight, and would act very meek and gentle (around the ladies) and would rough play with the guys. I didn't care much for him AT ALL. A few years after law school, he was arrested for indecent exposure and masturbating in a LAW LIBRARY. I was petrified to think this guy was in the same academic institution and even in my "space" while I studied into the wee hours of the morning on campus. These cowards are EVERYWHERE! I pray they have his DNA on file because I do believe that he has the potential of raping, assaulting, etc. in the future. I don't think these guys change their stripes at all. I have no idea what became of him.

That last side-by-side though, the two color ones, were pictures taken within six DAYS of each other. His lips are obviously larger in the one on the right. He could be manipulating that by tensing his face, pulling his lips in, etc., but it isn't a weight change.

I agree and (not to beat a dead horse), if you look at all three photos, his lips at the DMV look like they did in the first pic, when he was much younger. I think in the first and third photos, he was relaxed, his lips were full and this is his more "usual" appearance.

Trini, weren't the pictures taken less than a week apart? Do you think he could have been pursing his lips to make them appear bigger, or do you think he lost that much weight that quickly?

I didn't know the pictures were taken so close together. He has big lips... though. I don't think he's doing anything to manipulate his facial features. Maybe its the hair pulled back and the lowered chin. So GLAD this fool is off the streets. When I saw that picture of him standing with his yellow taxi I doubled over and said, that looks like that guy in the sketch!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth