Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
'
He wouldn't be a very successful criminal if he told people his innermost desires, secrets, and crimes, people that would drop a dime on him.

It's kind of cliche', there was just a horrible crime in my city, and the neighbors were on TV saying he was just a nice guy.

Job#1 is not getting caught. -

Ghost- I see what you (and some others) are saying. But I think it's important to remember that with many devastating criminals, this is not true (that everyone who knew them come out saying they were so nice). Think of many of the mass shooters in the past years. From Columbine to Aurora, after the fact we hear that the perp was "off". A loner, played dark video games, isolates themselves socially, etc. I'm just saying that the phenomenon of so many people raving about JM is not something that is a definitive given in criminal cases such as this. IMO.

to summarize new information about him from spicer2000, if she/he pans out

(Much much obliged for it too. Thanks spicer2000 hope you verify and keep setting us straight on what's real because it is very needed information. Thank you. I'm sorry if this sharing hurts you.)

he rode a bus everyday to school with the same friends from his elementary school days to the high school

no word on how he got back after practices

he hung out with a group of good guys, but mostly with his childhood friends from close to where he lived. stayed close friends

ate lunch @ school. no info on where he hung out

the posters was not part of the group, but had many friends who rode the bus with him

nobody but they (these friends or friends of friends) got jm right in the press

his live-in girl friend wants to be left alone

the poster saw him when he got back from Liberty U

teachers considered him a "great kid" but not high aptitude

did i miss anything new or specific?

As far as the video...what was going on with those people behind HG? Was there a lot of noise that drew everyone's attention? Were they heckling her, and that's why she was so upset? I have a feeling that's why JM and WG perked up when she came by--because of those people behind her.

Newbie and first time poster here, although I have been reading and wondering for awhile.

I agree, something just doesn't sit right with that video...as far as WG lurking in the doorway, the group following right behind HG and them JM's U-turn and pursuit with no more than a second's glance in her direction. Something just doesn't sit right with the whole picture.

There's more to the JM story...something is missing.

JMO

This is from 2012.

http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/a...cle_0d7fe566-1cfc-5774-9451-a01b373c3925.html

Investigators are asking the public to consider whether they know someone fitting the description who either lived in, spent time in or had ties to the areas of the two attacks.

“People who know the suspect may not believe that he is capable of committing these crimes,” a news release from the Virginia State Police said. “He may not necessarily have a violent criminal history. Because investigators are in possession of DNA evidence that can either positively link the suspect to his crimes or exclude innocent parties, citizens should not hesitate to provide information, even if it is just the name of a potential suspect.”

BBM.

pretty much sums it up. Two years ago.

try squinting maybe, use one eye than the other, that always helps me pick out details. do you see his eyes catch Hannah Graham. his back straightens. he drops his arms, hovers in the dark median of the mall, watches her pass and falls into a gait behind her, looking at the people he's about to pass?

And we heard that she was really out of it when they left Tempo.

So Mr. knight in shining armor just leaves her where?

This is from 2012.

http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/a...cle_0d7fe566-1cfc-5774-9451-a01b373c3925.html

Investigators are asking the public to consider whether they know someone fitting the description who either lived in, spent time in or had ties to the areas of the two attacks.

“People who know the suspect may not believe that he is capable of committing these crimes,” a news release from the Virginia State Police said. “He may not necessarily have a violent criminal history. Because investigators are in possession of DNA evidence that can either positively link the suspect to his crimes or exclude innocent parties, citizens should not hesitate to provide information, even if it is just the name of a potential suspect.”

BBM.

pretty much sums it up. Two years ago.

Thanks for that post! I think they know his MO and possibly have known who he was all along but have had nothing to link to him, until now. JMO!

Newbie and first time poster here, although I have been reading and wondering for awhile.

I agree, something just doesn't sit right with that video...as far as WG lurking in the doorway, the group following right behind HG and them JM's U-turn and pursuit with no more than a second's glance in her direction. Something just doesn't sit right with the whole picture.

JMO

Welcome to Ws bergie, totally agree that video is unsettling!

JMO

I've always theorized that JM spotted her across the downtown mall, right when a group was following behind her, perhaps joking or cat-calling her. JM noted immediately that she was alone, possibly inebriated, and saw WG step out behind her too (whatever his intentions were.) Based on what it's been speculated on JM's behavior that night, he was out of control, overly-friendly, easily aggressive. IMO, he rushed up to HG to beat out anyone else behind her and likely put his arms around her saying something like "There's a weird guy/group following you, I'm just looking out for you, girl," And therefore he gained her trust, because she was so lost and confused. She would likely have been very willing to trust someone supposedly looking out for her at that point. From there, he had her wait outside Tempo, willingly, to keep those other bad guys at bay, and then she'd be willing to accept a ride home with him. JMO, of course.

What stands out for me is that LJ was a follower, not a leader. If you gave him something to do (a play in football, for instance), he would do it...but he wouldn't be the one to come up with that play on his own. He needed someone else to help him find direction in his life, whether that was a coach or a friend, and he would be absolutely devoted to that person. While there's no evidence to suggest otherwise right now, I would not be surprised if there's more than one individual involved here (caveating that with: that is absolutely JMO).
Thank you for being here and answering our questions. It sounds like from what you have seen, he shows loyalty to those close to him. Do you think he is a good partner when it comes to personal relationships? Have you ever known him to have a temper or to be argumentative? I guess what I am getting at is, do you think he makes a good boyfriend?

He worked even though a man at the apartment complex did not feel JLM worked. Hm.

He had a gf.

He hung around in bars,but did not appear to go with others. Just met up with others.

He went to church? Or at least had church friend.

Visited with grandma.

I wonder when he met up with his friends and what he did with those friends

He worked even though a man at the apartment complex did not feel JLM worked. Hm.

He had a gf.

He hung around in bars,but did not appear to go with others. Just met up with others.

He went to church? Or at least had church friend.

Visited with grandma.

I wonder when he met up with his friends and what he did with those friends

I found it interesting that once the investigation progressed his pastor stopped giving interviews. I recall a reporter standing outside the church, or congregation hall, stating, there was a record of him signing up, then nothing about the pastor, nothing about him attending, nothing else. His name in register was all that was left to the story with the pastor. I took that to mean he was not a regular attendee or they would have said so and the pastor, who was reported to give a reference to the hospital, said no more.

I've always theorized that JM spotted her across the downtown mall, right when a group was following behind her, perhaps joking or cat-calling her. JM noted immediately that she was alone, possibly inebriated, and saw WG step out behind her too (whatever his intentions were.) Based on what it's been speculated on JM's behavior that night, he was out of control, overly-friendly, easily aggressive. IMO, he rushed up to HG to beat out anyone else behind her and likely put his arms around her saying something like "There's a weird guy/group following you, I'm just looking out for you, girl," And therefore he gained her trust, because she was so lost and confused. She would likely have been very willing to trust someone supposedly looking out for her at that point. From there, he had her wait outside Tempo, willingly, to keep those other bad guys at bay, and then she'd be willing to accept a ride home with him. JMO, of course.
I completely agree. If I were in the same situation and there were all kinds of people following me, especially ones that hide in doorways until I walk by, I would probably trust anyone that just walked up to me trying to "save the day". It is eerie however that in a 5 minute period it appears on camera she had 2 lone guys and possibly a group of guys following her...it don't get any creepier people!!!

I completely agree. If I were in the same situation and there were all kinds of people following me, especially ones that hide in doorways until I walk by, I would probably trust anyone that just walked up to me trying to "save the day". It is eerie however that in a 5 minute period it appears on camera she had 2 lone guys and possibly a group of guys following her...it don't get any creepier people!!!

Exactly! WG even said it appeared JM knew her when he put his arms around her. So, based on the "gentle giant" persona he portrayed, he pretended to be a hero to gain her trust. Maybe he put his arms around her to "protect" her from everyone else behind her? As a very drunk young woman totally out of her comfort zone, I could totally see how HG would turn to JM and wait for him outside of Tempo for a ride home, especially after thinking other weirdos were following her. He may have promised to get them some drinks and hen take her home. Whereas, obviously, he had other intentions. As a college girl who'd already been drinking at a party, perhaps wanting another drink after a long walk, can anyone fault her for that? But perhaps he gained her trust to wait for him outside of Tempo (as was verified by witnesses and the bouncer) to "get a couple more drinks before heading home", then sadly and horribly took her to her fate. JMO.

It really should chill us all to the bone knowing how many of these SRs and SKs just blend right in. That means we can never tell just by looking at someone or even by thinking we know them well.

Gary Ridgeway was able to murder up to 70 women and still maintained a job he had held for almost 35 years. He was married with at least a son, that I have read about. Years went by and he was right there hiding in plain sight and continuing to murder all that time. Just your average Joe. He was so good that he was even able to pass a polygraph which sociopaths can easily do since they have no remorse or feelings for the victims they murder.

What it shows is serial rapists and brutal murderers can and often does look and act just like everyone else. The key word is 'act' for acting and pretending to be one way keeps LE away from their door. It worked for JM for over a decade but even the best serial killer or rapist will make a mistake when arrogance takes over.

There is no identifying them. They don't look like monsters. They only are monsters when they are with their victims brutalizing them.

Knowing that JM has long gotten away with a stream of violent crimes for over a decade, I knew his family, friends, and anyone who thought they knew him would be shocked and blindsided.

Now all the women that didn't know him that he pushed himself on probably aren't surprised at all about his arrest and possible other crimes.

When he is on the hunt for his next victim he worked alone and imo he does all of his crimes alone without any help from anyone else. He needed no help, he wanted no help, he wanted to savor every sickening violent moment with no one there but him and his helpless victim.

He really is no different than so many others who have done the same things. And the reaction by people who thought they knew him is really quite common place. He was never going to let anyone see who he really was.

IMO

Thanks for this post! You took the thoughts right out of my head and typed it out. I totally agree!

What stands out for me is that LJ was a follower, not a leader. If you gave him something to do (a play in football, for instance), he would do it...but he wouldn't be the one to come up with that play on his own. He needed someone else to help him find direction in his life, whether that was a coach or a friend, and he would be absolutely devoted to that person. While there's no evidence to suggest otherwise right now, I would not be surprised if there's more than one individual involved here (caveating that with: that is absolutely JMO).

Also considering the place in Texas where JM ran being a place where an SK had buried victims, makes one wonder if JM discovered such info on his own studying SKs, or if someone shared info about SKs with him. Possibly in general conversation, as we are aware many people are interested in and well informed on SKs, but the Texas SK was one I don't remember hearing about previously. Another strange part of this case.

Also considering the place in Texas where JM ran being a place where an SK had buried victims, makes one wonder if JM discovered such info on his own studying SKs, or if someone shared info about SKs with him. Possibly in general conversation, as we are aware many people are interested in and well informed on SKs, but the Texas SK was one I don't remember hearing about previously. Another strange part of this case.

Maybe a good question to ask also is who did he idolize, real or fiction? Are there any people that he was real interested in? Sounds crazy, but you never know...lol

I found it interesting that once the investigation progressed his pastor stopped giving interviews. I recall a reporter standing outside the church, or congregation hall, stating, there was a record of him signing up, then nothing about the pastor, nothing about him attending, nothing else. His name in register was all that was left to the story with the pastor. I took that to mean he was not a regular attendee or they would have said so and the pastor, who was reported to give a reference to the hospital, said no more.

Not so surprising. Family and friends who have tried to raise funds for JM legal defense were harassed and received bomb threats, he likely does not want church members harmed or his church blown up.

Not so surprising. Family and friends who have tried to raise funds for JM legal defense were harassed and received bomb threats, he likely does not want church members harmed or his church blown up.

So did they report these threats to LE? They can be traced

I don't see any groups in front of the jail marching and asking for JLM to be released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required