JLM: What Do We Know About Him? - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
i tend to agree with you... the interview of the former college acquaintance seems bizarre because the behavior appears to have started back in college (i.e. allegations of rape)... and that is when she knew him. why would that equate into doing this with a friend?
I'm not really comfortable saying the behavior started in college. That is just when he became a legal adult. We are not privy to anything he did as a juvenile, but I would not be surprised to find that there are things on record that may indicate he was trouble earlier. JMO

I'm not really comfortable saying the behavior started in college. That is just when he became a legal adult. We are not privy to anything he did as a juvenile, but I would not be surprised to find that there are things on record that may indicate he was trouble earlier. JMO

true, i should have said that's when the first public allegations arose...

WARNING: Do not sleuth family members.

Please excuse my ignorance in these matters.

1. What does sleuth mean here, Is this because the topic is strictly JLM ? or are we just not suppose to look into the background of family members because there is a restriction requested by the family ?

2. Is there a particular post No. that I can reference to understand what the Warning is in reference too.

Thanks,

Learning

Please excuse my ignorance in these matters.

1. What does sleuth mean here, Is this because the topic is strictly JLM ? or are we just not suppose to look into the background of family members because there is a restriction requested by the family ?

2. Is there a particular post No. that I can reference to understand what the Warning is in reference too.

Thanks,

Learning

It is agaisnt the TOS to sleuth familys of the suspect .All the forum rules are posted here.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?65794-Terms-of-Service-Long-Detailed-Version

As to what sleuth means, I cannot answer that ,it used to mean dig up all the info I could find on a suspect and look for clues in anything published . Having been a member for while now I realize that their is alot more to it then just that.
Helping handout flyers, when public searchers are called helping with those. Share posters on facebook, whatever it takes and I am able to do. All the cases on here are not just cases ,they are people and families who need help for whatever reason.

If I had to guess in my opinion, Jesse Leroy Matthew is probably a sexual sadist. His victims are females, which are targets of Ted Bundy, Coral Eugene Watts, Joel Rifkin, and Rodney Alcala. He probably shares common characteristics with them.

I wonder if he has more victims than we are hearing. Frankly, I think so.

Sorry....I have read that Chief Longo was going to give an interview on CBS Channel 6 at 11 pm this evening. I can't find a link. Did it happen and if so, can someone please provide the link? Thank you!

It is agaisnt the TOS to sleuth familys of the suspect .All the forum rules are posted here.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?65794-Terms-of-Service-Long-Detailed-Version

As to what sleuth means, I cannot answer that ,it used to mean dig up all the info I could find on a suspect and look for clues in anything published . Having been a member for while now I realize that their is alot more to it then just that.
Helping handout flyers, when public searchers are called helping with those. Share posters on facebook, whatever it takes and I am able to do. All the cases on here are not just cases ,they are people and families who need help for whatever reason.

I love this response...it's exactly why I joined here...instead of other places. Thank you Soulmagent :loveyou:

Questions about TOS are to be addressed in a private message to a mod/admin.

You're the best, especially at keeping it real. I learn from you all the time. Thank you.

Thank you for the link Charlie Chan. You sometimes have enough luck in life, however awful the circumstances, to become aware of outstanding people or leaders. Chief Longo is one of those people, one person, who leads so well they bring out the best in everyone around them. I think how he handled everything was consummately skilled and about as real as you can get, and that this made a huge difference to the beautiful, wise, and much loved Hannah Graham's parents, family and friends, to all who cared and helped, and even to those who grew to care as a result of how effective he was. I hope other LE mold their responses to missing persons on Chief Longo's approach.

Not to change topic, and do not know how to reference a compound idea but, I went over a news report about a girl that spent a lot of time with JLM at Liberty.

I am confused by her description and concern for JLM.

http://www.wset.com/story/26669474/classmate-of-jesse-matthews-speaks-out

As well, it is about the 3rd time someone has been interviewed and suggest to look into a team approach to the crime.

If that was the case, why is there uncertainty or action in identify other group members?

What if JLM has a way to leverage opportunity of other guys relationships with the girls, he gains the familiarity and confidence, then he makes a move to set up an opportunity and eventually acts.

This give JLM time to size up the personality and develop a custom approach. Other guys might be involved that have similar intentions but let JLM take all the risk. Or they know JLM's desire and encourage him. These guys are staying away.

A group approach could account for the large number of missing girls along 29. Their collective work to conceal the victims.

<modsnip>

This might fall into the logic of the HM T-shirt being placed across a bush in front of the apartment complex.

The ones where JLM is caught are a result of working alone with more difficulty hiding the victims. Again, the guys that know JLM remain distant from the him. I believe a deeper review of his male associates/friends would be useful in getting to know JLM.

So JM is a pretty slow person but he still could have done it and done it alone. Coral Eugene Watts killed a lot of women including a girl my uncle was friends with and Watts suffered from mild mental retardation with a I.Q. of 75 and he had a delusional thought process. He also had a 3rd grade reading level when he was 16.

I'm not surprised that this girl was never raped or killed by JM. Serial killers seem to not harm the people they know well. I never understood why though.

So JM is a pretty slow person but he still could have done it and done it alone. Coral Eugene Watts killed a lot of women including a girl my uncle was friends with and Watts suffered from mild mental retardation with a I.Q. of 75 and he had a delusional thought process. He also had a 3rd grade reading level when he was 16.

I'm not surprised that this girl was never raped or killed by JM. Serial killers seem to not harm the people they know well. I never understood why though.

However, if I understand it correctly, according to the Virginia Penal Code, if the defendant is found to be mentally retarded they can not be given the death penalty.

I found a link to the interview with Chief Longo.....here it is. Sorry if already posted elsewhere.
http://wtvr.com/2014/11/12/exclusiv...5-days-of-career-in-search-for-hannah-graham/

it really is just a recap of what happened. The promo made it seem like Chief Longo was going to share new information. :(

I just heard on local radio this morning around 7:50 (on WWWV's Big Greasy Breakfast with Max and Highway) that the tip line dedicated to Hannah has been shut down after receiving more than 6,000 tips, but people can still call in anything additional to the regular CrimeStoppers number.

Hoping this means the case is very solid and they have what they need.

No link, so I'll specify JMO and IIRC.

I just heard on local radio this morning around 7:50 (on WWWV's Big Greasy Breakfast with Max and Highway) that the tip line dedicated to Hannah has been shut down after receiving more than 6,000 tips, but people can still call in anything additional to the regular CrimeStoppers number.

Hoping this means the case is very solid and they have what they need.

No link, so I'll specify JMO and IIRC.

According to Henry Gaff's twitter at NBC29 the "tips totaled around 6000 altogether"

You're the best, especially at keeping it real. I learn from you all the time. Thank you.

Thank you for the link Charlie Chan. You sometimes have enough luck in life, however awful the circumstances, to become aware of outstanding people or leaders. Chief Longo is one of those people, one person, who leads so well they bring out the best in everyone around them. I think how he handled everything was consummately skilled and about as real as you can get, and that this made a huge difference to the beautiful, wise, and much loved Hannah Graham's parents, family and friends, to all who cared and helped, and even to those who grew to care as a result of how effective he was. I hope other LE mold their responses to missing persons on Chief Longo's approach.

What a great job Laura French http://wtvr.com/author/laura-french/ did throughout on coverage of the case, as did many other reporters, who you could tell their hearts were in it. This interview was great http://wtvr.com/2014/11/12/exclusiv...5-days-of-career-in-search-for-hannah-graham/

However, if I understand it correctly, according to the Virginia Penal Code, if the defendant is found to be mentally retarded they can not be given the death penalty.

knowing lj, i doubt he is mentally retarded - not bright and mentally retarded are two entirely separate things!

JM wasn't kicked off of football teams or out of college because he was slow or impaired to the point he couldn't keep up. IIRC it was for two alleged sexual assaults at different schools. He was smart enough to say they were consensual.

knowing lj, i doubt he is mentally retarded - not bright and mentally retarded are two entirely separate things!

Most states use a sliding scale of 71-75 to determine if a defendant is "intellectually disabled" so it could be if a person is not particularly "bright" but can otherwise function, they "might" test within that range, I just don't know. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tabitha Darden 3
Back