JLM: What Do We Know About Him?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CBS19 UPDATED: A fundraiser set up to raise money for Jesse Leroy Matthew's legal defense was disabled Monday afternoon, partly due people posting threats to the site. http://bit.ly/1vpmXg9

Actually, that is a shame. The fund was for legal expenses, only, not money just given to JLM. Now the taxpayers will have to pick up the tab for JLM's legal expenses.

I don't think someone with a serious head injury would be able to cover up who they really are. Imo, he was very good at manipulation and that is why his family thought he was nothing more than a gentle giant.

Many of these killers are very good at deceiving others. They wear their mask and only let others see what they want them to see.

The only ones who saw the real JM were his victims, IMO.

IMO

Something about all this give me a gut feeling that the person in his family who had seen or had a hint of the other side of him would have been his sister. Ties with family was his only real connection with other humans. He'd lost status in the community (from football star to taxi driver), so maybe he was out to punish them as well, or retain that secret glory in his head. The more powerful he felt the more he grew his hair. My friends with dread do say it gives them a sense energy and power. I actually asked. He went to high school locally, so wouldn't the dream be to play at UVA? Maybe he was angry when he went to LU already with all the strict social code and all.

Something about all this give me a gut feeling that the person in his family who had seen or have a hint of the other side of him would have been his sister. Ties with family was his only real connection with other humans. He'd lost status in the community (from football star to taxi driver), so maybe he was out to punish them as well, or retain that secret glory in his head. The more powerful he felt the more he grew his hair. My friends with dread do say it gives them a sense energy and power. I actually asked. He went to high school locally, so wouldn't the dream be to play at UVA? Maybe he was angry when he went to LU already with all the strict social code and all.

I think the braids/dreads were to separate him from the suspects photo that was circulating after Morgan's incident. Did you notice when he got off the plane the other night he had the braids/dreads covering his face? His photo was all over America and he was still worried about covering up. A little late for that.

With all of the opportunities and accolades and adulation, it did not matter.

What went wrong with him?

I hope someone writes a book about the descent into hell. How did it occur?

I think the braids/dreads were to separate him from the suspects photo that was circulating after Morgan's incident. Did you notice when he got off the plane the other night he had the braids/dreads covering his face? His photo was all over America and he was still worried about covering up. A little late for that.

Interesting.

Remember how he blacked out his FB picture?

And isn't it interesting that he left his friends on there.

It is so interesting to me that he is a chameleon.

I have noticed that with other perps. Their photos change so they do not even look like the same person.

Maybe that is a sign to recognize a monster?

I don't think he is as stupid as I thought.

He has changed his looks.

He got out of assaulting the lawyer.

What else?

Copying this from the possible victims thread minus possible victims:

2000 - Graduates from Monticello High School - Charlottesville, VA (co-captain of football team and MVP; also state wrestling champion)

2000-2002 - Attends Liberty University Lynchburg, VA, on football team during 2000, 2001, 2002 seasons

October 17, 2002 – Accused of sexual assault at Liberty; expelled from school

January 2003-October 15, 2003 attended Christopher Newport University - Newport News, VA

2007-2010 Matthew holds a taxi permit in Virginia - shown in 2007 newspaper clipping with taxi

June 2009 - charged with assault and attempted grand larceny in Virginia; charges dropped

March 17, 2010 – charged with trespassing after forbidden – listed as living in Keswick, VA

August 12, 2012 – becomes employee of University of Virginia Medical Center as operating room transporter

2012- possession of stolen property; charges dropped

August/September 2014 – works as part time volunteer coach at private Covenant Christian School in Charlottesville

September 13, 2014 – Hannah Graham disappears – last seen with Matthew

September 18, 2014 – due in court for driving on suspended license

September 19, 2014 – search warrant issued for Matthew Car and Apartment

September 20, 2014 – Matthew comes into police station, asks for a lawyer and leaves after speaking to lawyer. Drives recklessly and loses surveillance. Warrant issued for 2 counts of reckless driving.

September 22, 2014 – Second search warrant for apartment issued; Arrest warrant issued for Matthew – “Abduction with the Intent to Defile”

September 24, 2014 – Matthew arrested in Galveston, Texas

September 25, 2014 – Extradition hearing held in Texas – no contest

eta: visit original post to follow links verifying the above, did not copy paste links: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ther-Possible-Victims&p=11016060#post11016060

'
Not really unusual. More like typical.

Many people have facebooks pages with their names, and then accounts on shadowy sites that are murky and do not use their name in any way. He was smart enough to know what to show the public.

He had a persona that would get him close enough to prey, in his mind. The same exact reason he took a job as a Cab driver.

I'd check that vehicle for tampering to see if the passenger door could not be opened from the inside. Making someone trapped. I bet he liked to get out and open the door for his Cab riders, too.

MOO

I don't think he is as stupid as I thought.

He has changed his looks.

He got out of assaulting the lawyer.

What else?

He paraded into the Police Department demanding to see an attorney.

He kept a job and appearances up (that's calculating and cunning).

Does anyone remember a week or so ago when a poster here on Websleuths said that she is friends with a female friend of JM's? And the friend said that the last time she saw JM was when he gave her a ride home from a wedding because she had gotten in a fight with her boyfriend (hope I'm remembering that correctly)? Boy, is she lucky to be alive...

He probably didn't intend to kill any of them, but when they rejected him....he became violent.

thats for sure not true with the 2005 rape. i think any pretense towards flirting or wanting something consensual was nothing more than a ruse to get them to a place out of the public eye to begin doing what he really wanted to do.

I seem to recall seeing a post in the past day or two claiming JLM belonged to a MH support (or search?) group... Maybe on FB?

Can anyone confirm this?

TIA

thats for sure not true with the 2005 rape. i think any pretense towards flirting or wanting something consensual was nothing more than a ruse to get them to a place out of the public eye to begin doing what he really wanted to do.

I agree — Fairfax victim had been choked unconscious when someone came upon the assault and scared him off.

I should have listened to the seasoned sleuthers here. This is all over the news by me: http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/09...alifornia-accused-of-sex-crimes-against-kids/

"In his hometown of Bay Shore, Long Island, the captain’s next-door neighbor, Bill Smith, said he was “shocked” to hear the accusations.
“He lives with his mom. He takes care of her,” Smith told Xirinachs. “And he’s always friendly. Waves to everybody. … After Sandy, he was asking everybody if they were OK.”"

Friendly, caring, helpful. Traits to hide behind. I suppose I guess I should always look at people like this as having a motive...? It's a scary world if you can't even trust "nice" people. :sad:

i think the very quick switch to contrition after attacking the lawyer shows he had knowledge of this and of how to manipulate people to allow him to do what he wanted to do.

I think his mother works in the hospital.

Being a cab driver is dangerous work, especially working at night like he seems to have done.

His family may have been worried about him.

Where I live, many cab drivers can get no other job.

They can be the victims of violence.

Working at the hospital has better benefits and conditions.

I will never ever ride in a cab again in my home town. If alone out of town, I don't know what I would do.

For my job ( now retired), I rode,in cabs with families I worked with. Looking for child care. Going to the doctor. ThAt kind of thing.

I knew some of the cabbies because I had them as parents of children in my classroom .

Consequently, I knew their criminal histories even though they did not know I knew them. The newspaper prints arrests.

Horrors!!!

It looks like his license got suspended. I've always thought thats why he had to quit driving the cab.

I hope they've checked out the property in Keswick. He lived there while driving taxi, it appears, (by looking at court records,) and the house is now vacant sitting on about 2.5 to 3 acres of land and for sale with photos.

couldn't hurt to drop them a line.

I am new here, so I hope this is the right place to post. I have been reading other threads in this forum and keeping up with this case, but haven't read all of this one, so apologies if I am repeating info.

The Daily mail (uk) has an article in which they claim to have a source that knows JLMs background in detail.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2773896/Police-claim-IS-forensic-evidence-linking-Hannah-Graham-suspect-Jesse-Matthew-coped-raped-murdered-2009.html

However a source with detailed knowledge of Matthew’s background alerted MailOnline to a likely link with Morgan’s disappearance as soon as he was charged with Hannah Graham’s abduction.
Speaking to MailOnline the source said: ‘After Morgan disappeared LJ [Matthew] started growing his hair and shaved off his beard.
‘I mentioned to him that he looked like the man in the sketch [of a suspect issued by police following Morgan’s disappearance].
‘It was the spitting image of him.
‘He didn’t reply, he just said “oh”, which was unusual. He normally always had something to say.
‘Even friends from elementary school said he looked like the man in the sketch.
‘At the time when the incident happened he had a beard and short hair. And he was a lot darker then.
‘But he grew his hair out and shaved his beard off.
‘He had his hair twisted. And then he grew it out into dreads and he wore it in a pony tail.’

I just thought I should mention this as I hadn't read those specific comments before. Especially about someone actually saying to him he looked like the sketch.

I am a WS newbie and I am just shocked at the speed at which we have watched this unfold. Is this normal? Is JM the very first suspected serial killer/rapist ever to be caught on video in the act of actually picking and following his victim? Is this something for the record books? I hope they will offer him incentive to talk. But I dont think he will. So sorry for Hannah. Praying for all of the families

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
red carpet fiber