JLM: What Do We Know About Him?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Psychopaths lack empathy from the beginning, not from an injury. (Again psychopathy is not a mental disorder.) You can have many symptoms from head injuries, psychopathy is generally not one of them. And maybe it's me, but I feel he actually didn't play enough real football to have true and repetitive injuries.

Psychopaths lack empathy. A study in 2011 linked psychopathic behavior with frontal head injury.
http://www.newswise.com/articles/psychopathy-head-injury-and-empathy
Many football players suffer head injuries. Any reports of JM suffering a head injury while playing football?

Psychopaths lack empathy from the beginning, not from an injury. (Again psychopathy is not a mental disorder.) You can have many symptoms from head injuries, psychopathy is generally not one of them. And maybe it's me, but I feel he actually didn't play enough real football to have true and repetitive injuries.
Did you read the link?

So web sleuth pros, if LE went to JM and showed him a ton of evidence and a victim list and told him he was gonna fry swing or inject, is it possible he may give Hannah's location in exchange for a life sentence. Maybe puff him up and let him relive his glory days

Did you read the link?

I did and I don't believe it. It's not like he's a professional football player. Maybe I'm more biased because of my research and experience with psychopaths. Each to his/her own opinion.

"People diagnosed as psychopathic have difficulty showing empathy, just like patients who have suffered frontal head injury. This has been shown in a new study from the University of Haifa. "Our findings show that people who have psychopathic symptoms behave as though they are suffering frontal brain damage," said Dr. Simone Shamay-Tsoory, who conducted the study." http://www.newswise.com/articles/psychopathy-head-injury-and-empathy. Please understand, I am not suggesting he not be held accountable, just trying to understand the disconnect in his behavior. I believe many impulsive criminal behaviors can be explained by brain abnormalities. I would be interested in more study of the brains of serial killers and rapists.

I live in the same time zone as JM. It was actually 3:04pm on September 20.
That then suggests, IMO, that his family had access to his FB account and tidy up any loose ends - little sis maybe of whom I have read here in the thread that she is very supportive of JLM. Someone had to get the camping gear, cashed up and car packed. The car swap was prearranged IMO. There had to be support from home to get him outa Dodge. Also at that time there were no other suggested crimes.

If I recall correctly, there appeared to be a lot of fear around at the time of his departure. I noticed a suggestion of perceived harassment by LE (being racially motivated). But that's just my observation as someone whom is not familiar with the territory. So treat as opinion only please.

I did and I don't believe it. It's not like he's a professional football player. Maybe I'm more biased because of my research and experience with psychopaths. Each to his/her own opinion.
Are you not aware of high school and college players who suffer head injuries? I understand you still may not believe this could cause a lack of empathy and damage to the part of the brain that controls these behaviors.

So web sleuth pros, if LE went to JM and showed him a ton of evidence and a victim list and told him he was gonna fry swing or inject, is it possible he may give Hannah's location in exchange for a life sentence. Maybe puff him up and let him relive his glory days

Doesn't quite work that way. JM has an attorney. A very good one, IMO who knows how LE there works as well as how the DA's office operates as he was a part of that system, and in fact ran it for some years. THe lawyer will instruct him and let LE and all know what JM's rights are. Any coercion or anything that runs afoul of the law could jeopardize the case.

Conjecture and speculation only here:
He liked fishing. The coast, I think he knew from before when he took off. He probably wanted to go to those out of the way fishing culture places way off the beaten track islands, like in LA and Miss (he called his Dad from LA and kept going). Those are real harsh places where people don't say much to strangers, lots of ex-cons, people on the run, not many cops, great places for him. Not places young women or co-eds hang out. That's why he ended up in Texas. It was the coast he knew, where he'd been to stay out of trouble. I've been to some of these place in LA. Beautiful but harsh, snakes everywhere, just out of this world resilient people with deep roots, very salty. They don't ask many questions of the people who show up to work. People stick to their own business and don't spill beans. Don't depend on anyone else. Katrina happened in '05 and JM returns.

Maybe Texas? Specifically near Galveston? Hmmmm

As in the the " Texas killing fields" ? Texas EquuSearch Tim Miller's daughter Laura went missing there. I guess if he traveled he could go there, but it's a long drive when you can find young girls much closer to home.

Yeah I keep thinking I've been there before but I can't place it for the life of me... he has a brochure in his hand though...

I don't know what picture y'all are looking at, but the quote above quoted something about a fake rock in the picture. Earlier today when I was looking at pics of areas along Blue Ridge Pky., a picture of a large rock in the middle of the grass came up. I think it was in the National Park in Nelson County where they searched today. Maybe she's somewhere around that rock? Totally brainstorming.

I think this image tells us that he could be charming and disarming. These attractive young ladies also regarded him as harmless, something I believe he used in his MO.

www.nbc29.com/story/26669644/past-encounters-with-jesse-matthew-remembered
Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

So, if all the cabs were in use, that silver minivan he's driving is whose? His? All the yellow cabs were in use. Does C'Ville have cabs in other colors? What vehicle did he own or have access to in 2010?

This is his MO. He does something nice. Like give them a lift. He gave them his phone number to call for a ride in the future. If they call his cell, that's not logged through the taxi company. He can pick up a single fare and disappear her and who would know? If she told a friend beforehand and the cops came to JM, he could say he dropped her off, he doesn't know what happened to her after that.

I wouldn't be surprised if he had met all of his victims before he disappeared them, in a nice, safe setting. They think he's jovial, a teddy bear, a gentle giant. But he's a Ted Bundy.

Are you not aware of high school and college players who suffer head injuries? I understand you still may not believe this could cause a lack of empathy and damage to the part of the brain that controls these behaviors.

It has nothing to do with me not understanding. Perhaps a basic psych 101 class would do us well. He didn't even play enough to have injuries. And he could be a sociopath, not a psychopath. There is a difference. He did after all volunteer as a coach. Perhaps to relive his glory days. Or lack of glory days.

http://listverse.com/2013/01/02/10-most-common-traits-of-potential-serial-killers/. http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial_killers/notorious/tick/9b.html
Links to serial killers and head injury connection. Still don't know if he had one, but would not be surprised. Perhaps his lawyer will order a brain scan. If we can determine the cause of such behaviors, perhaps we can "help save the next girl". Really don't care what we call it. Psychopath/sociopath. I am looking for hard science. Wish we could help save more young men from wasting their lives and from hurting other young women. Such a waste of at least two lives. I really wish we knew where he put Hannah though. That's the only thing we can do for her family now besides putting this man where he can't hurt anybody else. Wish I could believe he didn't kill her though too. But it seems obvious with each passing day and no Hannah. Good night Websleuthers.

Ummmm, did you not read the interview/quote from JM's high school wrestling coach that said "he had to often go onto the mat to keep JM from injuring the opponent" (paraphrased). He has been violent and filled with rage long before the "football head injury defense" kicks in. IMO.

Curious what day he called his dad. Also curious what day he left VA for TX.

Call me crazy, but I never understand why that tactic works. If it were me, I'd gladly take the death penalty over life in prison. What kind of life is prison? I figure in prison I'll be miserable but if I'm dead, I'll never know the difference. /personal rant :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ula