JLM: What Do We Know About Him?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO It seems clear to me that he is a social misfit, at least. He doesn't know how to socialize. He seems to have acquaintances, but not real friends. He reportedly is always seen going places alone, and intruding on groups when he gets there, where he seeks to be the center of attention. He does not understand boundaries and the personal space of others. I don't see that he is hateful, but pathetically lonely, and I see no intellect, just rote behavior. Granny just sees her sweet grandson. Maybe that is all his family sees, as well. I think his utter stupidity and cluelessness are the impetus that caused this horrific event. JMO

On the indecent exposure arrest, it was listed but iirc it did not differentiate between JM's (no Jr/Sr/DOB) listed

I remember seeing that charge, however, I think the Matthew(s) listed had a different date of birth.

On the indecent exposure arrest, it was listed but iirc it did not differentiate between JM's (no Jr/Sr/DOB) listed

Wasn't it determined way back on a general thread that was his father or someone else?

Indecent exposure could be a drunk (or not) peeing in a public place. JMO

Indecent exposure could be a drunk (or not) peeing in a public place. JMO

Just looked it up. The birthdate listed matches his father's. All the public intoxication records are for his father. And as someone pointed out, indecent exposure could mean he pee'd in public (with all the intoxication charges, that seems most likely, since the date matches at least one alcohol related charge).

Edit: also noticed that during that time frame, Sr's address is listed as "homeless" or "city".

Indecent exposure is a evidence of a seriously unbalanced mental state and lack of self control which was evident on the night Hannah Graham disappeared.
Indecent exposure in Virginia can be public urination. Check your facts. While urinating in other than a private bathroom isn't something I would do, plenty of decent men (especially intoxicated ones) do it. You see it all the time with guys pulled over to the side of the highway peeing.

In any case, this isn't even JL that is charged with this. Just another websleuther grapping information and spreading it when they haven't verfied that it is fact.

First I have heard about the indecent exposure charge. Indecent exposure is a evidence of a seriously unbalanced mental state and lack of self control which was evident on the night Hannah Graham disappeared.

Did he slip past that incident when the parties didn't press charges or couldn't positively identify him? What is the story on that?

Gosh - you have to wonder if the UVA hospital and the nursing home do thorough background checks on the people they hire to transport patients who are vulnerable and incapacitated?

It wasn't JLM JR.

More on the 2002 Liberty U rape incident:
"
In 2002, a Liberty University student informed school officials of an alleged rape that occurred during the early morning hours of Oct. 17, according to Deputy Commonwealth’s Attorney Chuck Felmlee.

Lt. Dave Gearhart, of the Lynchburg Police Department, confirmed Thursday afternoon that police had investigated an alleged rape at the college from that date but declined to provide any further details.

The alleged victim in this case pointed to Matthew, saying they “were hanging out for that day,” Felmlee said.

“This was not an abduction case or anything like that,” the prosecutor said."

http://m.roanoke.com/news/virginia/...7ab-23a3-5e30-a050-6fa31fda6e0b.html?mode=jqm

A woman in Charlottesville said her daughter and a female friend were approached by Jesse Matthew (a stranger to them) a week before Hannah Graham disappeared as they were entering a convenience store. He struck up a conversation and then asked them if they wanted to 'hang out.' They declined, but felt it was strange enough to report to their mother who reported it to the police. That family participated in the search.

I'm not sure I understand your point bolding those phrases?

Indecent exposure in Virginia can be public urination. Check your facts. While urinating in other than a private bathroom isn't something I would do, plenty of decent men (especially intoxicated ones) do it. You see it all the time with guys pulled over to the side of the highway peeing.

In any case, this isn't even JL that is charged with this. Just another websleuther grapping information and spreading it when they haven't verfied that it is fact.

In Sol's defense, it was the Reuters' REPORTER who spread untrue information regarding these charges. VERY lazy on his part, as all he had to do was click the case number and see the birthdates didn't match JLMJr.

Just looked it up. The birthdate listed matches his father's. All the public intoxication records are for his father. And as someone pointed out, indecent exposure could mean he pee'd in public (with all the intoxication charges, that seems most likely, since the date matches at least one alcohol related charge).

Edit: also noticed that during that time frame, Sr's address is listed as "homeless" or "city".

thank you for checking. It's great to have so many eyes and ears on this case, there is so much information.

bbm
That's not exactly fair, it's msm that's reporting that and the diligent websleuther brought it here for further investigation. http://wsau.com/news/articles/2014/...tudent-disappearance-tied-to-2002-rape-probe/

Maybe there's records we haven't found?

I agree with this part:
exposure in Virginia can be public urination
In any case, this isn't even JL that is charged with this

snip

Maybe there's records we haven't found?

Doubtful. I think it's another example of media rushing to get the story out without checking facts.

We really have few verifiable facts in this case. Aside from what police or CAs or other officials have told us, most of what we think we *know* is gleaned from comments and theories and third-hand information in interviews of people who we have no idea if they know what they're talking about.

It being against the rules of conduct is enough of a reason to suspect she may have claimed rape after the fact. If she admitted to it being consensual she would have been expelled. By it being a rape accusation she was allowed to stay at the school and probably graduate.

That's a sad possibility. I saw someone above say something to the effect that there are no false reports of rape, but that isn't true of course. I have my theory of what may have happened, based on his behavior with others the night Hannah disappeared, but unless the police or CA or university come forward with more information, we will never know.

Doubtful. I think it's another example of media rushing to get the story out without checking facts.

We really have few verifiable facts in this case. Aside from what police or CAs or other officials have told us, most of what we think we *know* is gleaned from comments and theories and third-hand information in interviews of people who we have no idea if they know what they're talking about.

Yes, it probably is the case.
It was tricky trying to make the timeline to differentiate between fact and reports, but I wanted to include the reported sightings in some way, in case it jogged someone's memory, while trying to indicate not verified by LE.

Jesse Matthew-TIMELINE:

Saturday,September 13
1:45 A.M.—Walking away from Tempo​
****needs source was he at football training Saturday,September 13?

Sunday 14 HG reported missing

Monday 15 ****needs source Work at UVA medical centre

He may also have been scheduled to work on Sunday the 14th. I would assume hospital patient transporters would work similar schedules to nurses and other hospital staff, so whether he was on the schedule for Sunday and/or showed up to work would be important. Likewise, he may not have been scheduled to be at work Monday thru Friday during regular working hours. I remember reading somewhere that one of his neighbors mentioned he JM didn't have a job - perhaps he thought that because of JM's odd schedule at the hospital.

Yes, it probably is the case.
It was tricky trying to make the timeline to differentiate between fact and reports, but I wanted to include the reported sightings in some way, in case it jogged someone's memory, while trying to indicate not verified by LE.

You did an amazing job! :)

Jesse Matthew-TIMELINE:

Saturday,September 13

He may also have been scheduled to work on Sunday the 14th. I would assume hospital patient transporters would work similar schedules to nurses and other hospital staff, so whether he was on the schedule for Sunday and/or showed up to work would be important. Likewise, he may not have been scheduled to be at work Monday thru Friday during regular working hours. I remember reading somewhere that one of his neighbors mentioned he JM didn't have a job - perhaps he thought that because of JM's odd schedule at the hospital.

Good point- He may also have been scheduled to work Saturday night, if on shifts. I've added it. Thanks

Jesse Matthew-TIMELINE:
Saturday,September 13
****needs source Work at UVA medical centre
In possession of a burnt orange 1998 Chrysler coupe
1997 light-blue Nissan Sentra with Virginia license plate VAC4575.

Police begin search for Hannah

Tuesday 16 ****needs source Work at UVA medical centre

Wednesday 17
Press conference - We have reason to believe she inside a bar on the mall, with an individual who lived on Hessian Hill Way

Thursday 18 Last time Landlord saw JM

Friday 19
In possession of orange a burnt orange 1998 Chrysler coupe

Saturday, September 20—
After midnight First Search warrant JM's Car​
3 people at house
5:45 AM Search warrant House​
JM not there
Press conference- appeal for black male, 32 years old, 6ft 2’ ,270 lb, with dreadlocks as a person of interest
Early/mid afternoon Charlottesville Police Station with family members, speaks to lawyer - hired James Camblos​
3.04PM changes fb picture​
JM named as person of interest
5.00PM last seen (wanted poster) Went to parent's (or grandmother's) home and took off with mother in the car.​
Orange car confiscated

Sunday 21— 1997 light-blue Nissan Sentra with Virginia license plate VAC4575.

Monday 22— 1997 light-blue Nissan Sentra with Virginia license plate VAC4575.
Afternoon LUMBERTON, Texas
Authorities are looking at surveillance video and other evidence that indicates Jesse Matthew was in the Hardin County area on Monday.http://www.khou.com/story/news/2014/09/25/jesse-matthew-spotted-in-lumberton-monday/16231403/
Matthew checked in Monday afternoon at Village Creek State Park and rented a tent space under an assumed name. only stayed a few hours
8.pm Taco Bell LUMBERTON​
Police executed a new search warrant at his home
forensic evidence from Matthew’s car and home came back to police, a felony arrest warrant was issued.
****needs source (10 am Tiger Truck Stop in Baton Rouge, La (borrowed phonehe called his fathers home put gas, and then sped off http://www.cbsnews.com/news/restaurant-staff-missing-u-va-student-could-barely-walk/)

Tuesday—, September 23
Authorities announced a single charge against Matthew of abduction with the intent to defile

Wednesday—, September 24— Press conference
Arrested on Galveston Island.​

Friday, September 26—
Returned to Charlottesville​

please correct and add
(Louisiana to Virginia call?)
From Google Maps: On I-59 Charlottesville to Galveston Island-Drive Time 19.5 hours
Police estimate he had spent two nights on the beach on Galveston Island
the man who gave him a fish
work-A co-worker at UVa said Matthew’s demeanor changed the week after Graham disappeared. Typically jovial, she said, Matthew became reserved, and began taking his lunch break alone. http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/m...cle_9e585d74-445d-11e4-a6da-0017a43b2370.html
times of other warrants/sightings
was he at football training Saturday,September 13
everything else

I’ve included cars and possible sightings. Perhaps it might help jog memories to fill in gaps. Where you in the areas? Call LE

That was my point in questioning if the quote had been embellished by the reporter.

I haven't seen any reports that she was hospitalized. And this is why I doubt that account:

Being 'roughed up' enough to end up hospitalized would be forensic evidence and support her claim, IMO.

Maybe not. If she did not want to go forward with it, then what? Who knows what kind of things were said to her. Think of the crazy things that were recently said such as the prominent man who talked sbout ," legitimate rape".

Or how about the Steubenville rapes?

There can be plenty more to this story

Maybe not. If she did not want to go forward with it, then what? Who knows what kind of things were said to her. Think of the crazy things that were recently said such as the prominent man who talked sbout ," legitimate rape".

Or how about the Steubenville rapes?

There can be plenty more to this story

Agreed. LU and the police were pretty tight-lipped. The CA gave a bit more information, but not enough to answer these questions. I would OMG hope and pray that the police took the complaint seriously and didn't brush her off as it not being a *true* rape, and that they really didn't have any evidence to charge him. I know that 'legitimate rape' mindset is all too common, though. It hasn't been that long ago that there was no such thing (in the eyes of police and DAs) as marital or acquaintance or date rape. If you were with the guy willingly, how could he possibly rape you? If you weren't beaten and you didn't fight tooth and nail, it couldn't have been rape.

Thanks for clearing that up. I saw the police documents with both father and son's offenses listed. There was an assault listed as well, but I do not recall whether that was father or son. Does anyone have that information?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slatchautoclinic