JLM: What Do We Know About Him?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. LU and the police were pretty tight-lipped. The CA gave a bit more information, but not enough to answer these questions. I would OMG hope and pray that the police took the complaint seriously and didn't brush her off as it not being a *true* rape, and that they really didn't have any evidence to charge him. I know that 'legitimate rape' mindset is all too common, though. It hasn't been that long ago that there was no such thing (in the eyes of police and DAs) as marital or acquaintance or date rape. If you were with the guy willingly, how could he possibly rape you? If you weren't beaten and you didn't fight tooth and nail, it couldn't have been rape.

This school was founded by Jerry Falwell. Keep that in mind.

:clap: Wow, that's really a great find! Do you remember which thread it was in? I don't recall seeing it before.
If JLM played in the Mason Dixon Football League, his Silverback team would have traveled to NoVa, Richmond, Lynchburg. . . . I wonder what years he played in this league.
It was in JLM other possible victims

Today, 11:44 AM #638 CvilleMother
Has anyone looked into whether or not his games with the semi-pro football team, the Charlottesville Silverbacks, coincided with unsolved crimes in other cities:

http://virginiasilverbacks.weebly.com/roster.html

I think the team is now defunct, but I know he played on it. I can't find much of a web presence for their schedules, but maybe someone else has better skills/more patience than I do. This article from NBC12 confirms the Jesse Matthew on the roster was him: http://www.nbc12.com/story/26619204/...ached-football

:clap: Wow, that's really a great find! Do you remember which thread it was in? I don't recall seeing it before.
If JLM played in the Mason Dixon Football League, his Silverback team would have traveled to NoVa, Richmond, Lynchburg. . . . I wonder what years he played in this league.

http://www.nbc12.com/story/26619204/graham-abduction-suspect-played-and-coached-football

His Silverbacks coach has known him since he was 12 and has undoubtedly spoken with LE. See above article.

The team apparently was created in 2011 - http://www.dailyprogress.com/sports...cle_020ca41e-3a3a-597d-a4b2-2af2811c07d2.html

This school was founded by Jerry Falwell. Keep that in mind.

I know. What is the point? That the school would have tried to quash the investigation? I know that happens, but it was turned over to local police.

Scary to speculate about a man who has not yet been tried and when the evidence is not yet public. I don't feel good doing it, but reported observations make him look guilty as sin. The chances of Hannah Graham running into another potential practiced predator at 1:30 at night after she walked away from Tempo, not good. The chances of Hannah Graham's IPhone going dead, not off, but battery out no ping dead, by her own hand, at that point, when she could barely stand, not good. The chances of others conspiring with JM, as he seems to have trouble maintaining very trusting relationships, besides family, not good. His friendships, at best could be termed casual from all the reports. Hannah Graham was not out of it enough at first to be convinced to go with him. He needed her guard down some more, so the drink and whatever may have been in it, however he schmoozed her, was deliberate, planned, based on where he stood with her at that point. Why did he take the risk of being seen with her? He'd been shot down that night, then humiliated while smoking outside, he maybe had something to prove to himself that put his guard down on risk which may have tied into the high from being part a winning football game again, old patterns, instinctive, biochemical even. As Coy Barefoot, so ably and fortunate for the concerned public, reports about his groping behavior, JM likes to establish control over bodies. He chose to work in a hospital and a nursing home, where vulnerable bodies abound. A dynamic that may draw him, fundamentally (foot fetish). So when Hannah Graham, completely vulnerable at last, completely dependent on him, was essentially carried off by him, where would he go to stash his catch for his needs? A man who on some level is so out of touch with reality ego wise, that cutting his dreads, disguising himself, damaging that arrogant self-image, he cannot will himself to do. He lives in glorious place in his own head probably, his conquests stashed in the lands around him as he goes about his inglorious life. Hannah Graham was his first detected mistake, but he was too arrogant to run right away because reality still clashed with that out-sized ego and the need to keep that tie with family, maybe.

This is EXCELLENT perspective. Thank you! I have one question: Where was it cited that the battery was taken out of her phone? This is something I haven't read about yet. Or do you just mean that the battery was drained so the phone was inoperable?

I'm having trouble imagining JM is intelligent enough to do all this advanced planning and plotting of what to do with a body/bodies. I haven't gotten the impression from what I've read that he has an attention to detail. That being said, I tend to think if he did have a body to dispose of, he would do it as easily as possible - probably not thinking about it as much as we have on WS. Just my opinion...

Has anything been said in regards to any head injuries JM may have sustained during his football and/or wrestling days? If he was indeed popular and well liked by high school/college mates and then sustained a concussion or another head injury it could explain his behavior. It's in no way an excuse, but it may shine some light onto the whole thing. IDK, maybe I'm grasping at straws.

Frontal lobe head injuries can cause a loss of moral turpitude, judgment and self-control - and changes in behavior. It would take a lot of intimate knowledge of his family, friends, social life to know if there was a dramatic change in JLM's behavior.

In general, our culture seems to have suffered a frontal lobe injury too. Every time I infrequently watch TV, they have stepped up the game in graphic depictions of s ex and violence. Even the ads.

I'm having trouble imagining JM is intelligent enough to do all this advanced planning and plotting of what to do with a body/bodies. I haven't gotten the impression from what I've read that he has an attention to detail. That being said, I tend to think if he did have a body to dispose of, he would do it as easily as possible - probably not thinking about it as much as we have on WS. Just my opinion...
I'm thinking after driving a taxi for years even the slowest person could come across a few isolated areas to dump a body.

http://www.nbc12.com/story/26619204/graham-abduction-suspect-played-and-coached-football

His Silverbacks coach has known him since he was 12 and has undoubtedly spoken with LE. See above article.

The team apparently was created in 2011 - http://www.dailyprogress.com/sports...cle_020ca41e-3a3a-597d-a4b2-2af2811c07d2.html

Hm ,The cab company is really involved. Why? MH perhaps?

"It has come to our attention that Jesse Matthew was previously a driver for Yellow Cab Co., a precursor to Yellow Cab of Charlottesville. As his employment came prior to our purchase of the company in 2012, and in fact dates back two ownership groups, we are unable to provide the exact dates, or the details of his employment with the company. On a separate note, we have been working closely with all local, state and federal authorities involved in the Hannah Graham case, including using our extensive passenger safety-based technology to provide all the information we possibly can that might relate to the case. We share with the entire community our profound hope for a positive resolution," the Yellow Cab Company said in a statement.

I know. What is the point? That the school would have tried to quash the investigation? I know that happens, but it was turned over to local police.

Read about Steubenville

No, that the girl would have been chastized rather than taken seriously - the whole "legitimate" rape thing. Was she wearing clothing that was too seductive? Was she being flirtatious? Perhaps if she didn't get pregnant, well, then she might have gotten raped and her body "shut that whole thing down." Ugh. Same line of thought you had, to the nth degree.

That her moral standing was called into doubt and used to pressure her into silence in order to preserve the school's squeaky-clean reputation.

In which case, the cops would be helpless to press charges.

I also do not get the impression that he's savvy enough to have planned all this. And if he was, he certainly botched the contingency plan for when LE is on to him. His behavior seems to only become erratic after LE and the news plaster his face everywhere. Now, all the males he encountered on his way to Texas did not get a strange vibe from him. He did not disguise himself. He called his dad from a borrowed cell in Louisiana. I guess he could just be a really dumb serial killer. He just doesn't appear to have the drive or motivation IMO. I agree that his history, past, and chain of events that night are damming. Again, aren't serial killer's more smart about these things?

This is EXCELLENT perspective. Thank you! I have one question: Where was it cited that the battery was taken out of her phone? This is something I haven't read about yet. Or do you just mean that the battery was drained so the phone was inoperable?

The LE said during the press conference that all trace of her vanished after Hannah ran into him. Her phone went dead, no pings, which means no battery inside the phone, not just off, or drained enough to be off. I can't imagine Hannah Graham taking her battery out herself for any reason, nor being able to do so. She was described as being held up by him as they left. Maybe she lost her phone before running into him, but the lucid (well spelled and spaced) text sent about being lost on 14th an Wert. which happens to be at the end of her street, on the bus line (if I'm reading the maps correctly), and just by the hospital where he works. That text was sent from the Mall according to the ping on it.

As he's gaining control of her body, arm around her, he's been seen with Hannah Graham, already, before Tempo. He has to create a cover (the text) and lower her resistance to coming with him. He learns where she lives. Sends the text and has his cover. Give her more to drink, spikes it maybe. Sweet dear beautiful vibrant Hannah Graham was too good a target of opportunity. Most of us have had those kinds of nights. Nobody deserves to die for it. He was not going to let go of Hannah Graham's body after that. It was just a matter of not being seen with her after they went away together. I bet he will claim to have left her @ the bus stop. The text maybe confusing, but it is a wild guess as to the context. Him seeming dim-witted means nothing. This is would be very basic need gratification, manipulation, planning, and survival. He was capable of eluding capture well enough all the way to a beach in Texas and still prowling which is what got him caught.

Bob (from C-Ville?) looked it up: The Silverbacks did not play this year. The team was started in 2011 and 2013 was the last year they played. Which would mean more football disappointment for JLM.

It might be helpful to see if there were any rapes, attacks, disappearances that coincide with JLM Silverback games and locations.

The LE said during the press conference that all trace of her vanished after Hannah ran into him. Her phone went dead, no pings, which means no battery inside the phone, not just off, or drained enough to be off. I can't imagine Hannah Graham taking her battery out herself for any reason, nor being able to do so. She was described as being held up by him as they left. Maybe she lost her phone before running into him, but the lucid (well spelled and spaced) text sent about being lost on 14th an Wert. which happens to be at the end of her street, on the bus line (if I'm reading the maps correctly), and just by the hospital where he works. That text was sent from the Mall according to the ping on it.

As he's gaining control of her body, arm around her, he's been seen with Hannah Graham, already, before Tempo. He has to create a cover (the text) and lower her resistance to coming with him. He learns where she lives. Sends the text and has his cover. Give her more to drink, spikes it maybe. Sweet dear beautiful vibrant Hannah Graham was to good a target of opportunity. Most of us have had those kinds of nights. Nobody deserves to die for it. He was not going to let go of Hannah Graham's body after that. It was just a matter of not being seen with her after they went away together. I bet he will claim to have left her @ the bus stop. The text maybe confusing, but it is a wild guess as to the context. Him seeming dim-witted means nothing. This is would be very basic need gratification, manipulation, planning, and survival. He was capable of eluding capture well enough all the way to a beach in Texas and still prowling which is what got him caught.

BBM

Is that indeed true? If a phone runs out of battery,which happens all of the time with young people, since I hear it all of time around them, LE can tell that is the case as opposed to the battery physically removed from the phone? In other words, does LE know for certain that the battery was removed from the phone as opposed to it just running out of juice? I would think that if that battery is out of charge, the phone can no longer track.

I am wondering why the first place why LE did not check was the dump. Trash pickups are on Monday and Thursday of that week. I don't think that JM's car was in any condition to drive very far and I doubt that he would have been able to carry her very far as she was 5'11 in the woods . I hope they did not let this opportunity get by. It would have been easy for someone to find a very large dumpster to put the body in. And, it would have been easy for JM to pick up her body for a fast get away. The dump is mapped off for the days of the trash put there. They usually get Police Academy Cadets to do this in conjunction with LE and FBI. I am so sorry for her parents & I pray she is found soon..I'm putting money on evidence returned with a lot of DNA etc. If he is connected to any other cases then he is a Monster that should never see the light of day.

BBM

Is that indeed true? If a phone runs out of battery,which happens all of the time with young people, since I hear it all of time around them, LE can tell that is the case as opposed to the battery physically removed from the phone? In other words, does LE know for certain that the battery was removed from the phone as opposed to it just running out of juice? I would think that if that battery is out of charge, the phone can no longer track.

She has an iPhone. The battery is not removable. You would just have to break the iPhone.

As he's gaining control of her body, arm around her, he's been seen with Hannah Graham, already, before Tempo. He has to create a cover (the text) and lower her resistance to coming with him. He learns where she lives. Sends the text and has his cover. Give her more to drink, spikes it maybe. Sweet dear beautiful vibrant Hannah Graham was too good a target of opportunity. Most of us have had those kinds of nights. Nobody deserves to die for it. He was not going to let go of Hannah Graham's body after that. It was just a matter of not being seen with her after they went away together. I bet he will claim to have left her @ the bus stop. The text maybe confusing, but it is a wild guess as to the context. Him seeming dim-witted means nothing. This is would be very basic need gratification, manipulation, planning, and survival. He was capable of eluding capture well enough all the way to a beach in Texas and still prowling which is what got him caught.

Did Chief Longo say No pings? I missed that..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DelanteCO