JLM: What Do We Know About Him?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am new here, so I hope this is the right place to post. I have been reading other threads in this forum and keeping up with this case, but haven't read all of this one, so apologies if I am repeating info.

The Daily mail (uk) has an article in which they claim to have a source that knows JLMs background in detail.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2773896/Police-claim-IS-forensic-evidence-linking-Hannah-Graham-suspect-Jesse-Matthew-coped-raped-murdered-2009.html

I just thought I should mention this as I hadn't read those specific comments before. Especially about someone actually saying to him he looked like the sketch.

Quoting the DM article:

The source told MailOnline: ‘LJ got in trouble with work because he would pull up in his cab alongside girls walking along and he would ask random girls.

‘He would say; “hey do you want a ride. I’ll take you wherever you want to go for free”.

I bet he used a similar line on poor Hannah. Just horrifying.

Tears & comfort to all his victims and their families.

looks like he set up the business after he stopped Taxi-ing

I posted in one of these threads a few days earlier that I searched the official VA database where all business entities are listed and I could not find a business with this name, past of present. I'm not sure that a business actually was set up by him at any point because of this. Those online listings are often incorrect. If you find anything official that says otherwise (that he did have a business) please let me know! I have been trying to put together an employment timeline for JM for days

I am new here, so I hope this is the right place to post. I have been reading other threads in this forum and keeping up with this case, but haven't read all of this one, so apologies if I am repeating info.

<snipped for space>

:wagon: to Websleuths, strawb93! :wave:

Quoting the DM article:

The source told MailOnline: &#8216;LJ got in trouble with work because he would pull up in his cab alongside girls walking along and he would ask random girls.

&#8216;He would say; &#8220;hey do you want a ride. I&#8217;ll take you wherever you want to go for free&#8221;.

I bet he used a similar line on poor Hannah. Just horrifying.

Tears & comfort to all his victims and their families.

It would be especially pathological if he targeted a girl, got her drunk or drugged up, waited in the cab, followed her, & then approached her as a knight in shining armor to give a free cab ride to the damsel in distress.

Perfect sociopathic ruse......ugh!

This is what gets me... why would he allow himself to be seen with Hannah by numerous people if he knew what he was going to do to her? That makes no sense to me!

It tells me he's gotten away with it before and I don't mean just Morgan.

Well I think the question of this thread has been answered today.

He's a murderer and rapist.

I found a very interesting post on Reddit by a guy who went to school with Matthews. It's legit; he has posted several yearbook pictures with Matthews in it. Here is the link to the album for anyone interested: http://imgur.com/a/7FXt4#Cjr6vST

This is the post in question:

I live by/work in Charlottesville and went to high school with LJ (as everyone who knows him calls him) Matthew. Everyone who knows LJ is beyond shocked. I feel sick to my stomach. LJ was one of those people that everyone liked. To be candid here LJ is NOT a smart guy- honestly, people would chuckle at the dumb things LJ said and did. He was well-known in school, as he was jokey, nice, and just a fun big dumb guy.

I held off as long as I could before accepting that the LJ I thought I knew is a serial killer and rapist. What. the. ****. I've been talking nonstop to other people who have known/know him and I can't express just how much we are all rocked by this news and just emotionally gutted.

I also played field hockey with his little sister, Nicky. Nicky and LJ are very, very close. I liked Nicky but she is fierce and a big mouth and very protective of her brother. I can't imagine what she is going through right now. I can tell you that they did not have a very happy childhood. Their dad was absentee and they were poor, but the two of them always stuck together.

I am going to dig up my yearbook tonight. I will post pics of LJ from it if anyone is interested. Monsters have faces just like the rest of us and can blend right in. How disturbing.

EDIT: Photos aren't great quality but you can get an idea of the kind of person we knew him as back then (this was 2000, we were seniors). He was co-captain of football team and captain of wrestling team (that picture of him wrestling really makes me sick to look at). You can tell that he was active in school, pretty popular (he even won a Senior Superlative- the "Proudest Mustang") and had a lot of friends.

I am struggling to reconcile that LJ the lovable goofball is LJ the rapist and murderer.

I found a very interesting post on Reddit by a guy who went to school with Matthews. It's legit; he has posted several yearbook pictures with Matthews in it. Here is the link to the album for anyone interested: http://imgur.com/a/7FXt4#Cjr6vST

This is the post in question:

Well, he peaked out in high school. All brawn & no brains are not transferable skills in the adult world. Even if he was talented enough to go semi-pro at football, chances are he'd be making headlines as an abuser like many of them do!

Does anyone remember a week or so ago when a poster here on Websleuths said that she is friends with a female friend of JM's? And the friend said that the last time she saw JM was when he gave her a ride home from a wedding because she had gotten in a fight with her boyfriend (hope I'm remembering that correctly)? Boy, is she lucky to be alive...

Yup, I remember. She was very lucky indeed.

Sorry if this is a repete:
Did he ever borrow a van, pick-up truck, or bigger car to move things like hospital equipment, massage tables, furniture, as he always seems to have tried to find cover? Did he ever get a traffic ticket for in biggish car? Is it true he offered a passenger a massage? According to Coy Barefoot reporting, JM was a wrestler, then he knew how to inflict pain and soothe it, if the above is true. If it's true about his facebook friending Morgan Harrington's search group members, that would have given him cover for informing himself on other serial killers. Wish his friends and colleague at the hospital begin to purge themselves and step up now, with every little thing they know to help.

There has to be at least one more between 2010 and now, and I would guess it is more likely closer to three.

I read that he began working at UVA in August of 2012. He became an assistant coach at Covenant School sometime after that, because the school checked UVA as a reference. Did that school ever play at away games that required overnight stays in other areas? Just wondering if there could be a connection to other women in other areas through those football games.

*Moved this from another thread, it belongs here I think.

Do we know when he started attending CNU? Did he transfer mid year from Liberty? Or did he take the rest of the year off and not arrive at CNU until August/Sept. 2003?
EDIT: Nevermind - found this: http://www.dailypress.com/news/crime/dp-nws-cnu-missing-virginia-student-20140925,0,6607804.story Sorry if repeat post.

Timeline: January 2003-October 15, 2003 student at CNU.

Member of CNU football team from August 14-September 12, 2003. Played one game, on September 6th.

I can't seem to get past the significance of the September and October dates. The LU alleged rape which resulted in JM being kicked out of school/football was October 17, 2002, then almost exactly one year later he leaves CNU (October 15, 2003). October 17, 2009 is when he murdered MH. The Fairfax rape was in September 2005, which is two years after he left the CNU football team (September 12, 2003). HG disappeared on September 13th. I'm really curious to know if there is something about Fall that is triggering his predatory behaviour. Are there other missing women who disappeared in theses months?

Sorry if this is a repete:
Did he ever borrow a van, pick-up truck, or bigger car to move things like hospital equipment, massage tables, furniture, as he always seems to have tried to find cover? Did he ever get a traffic ticket for in biggish car? Is it true he offered a passenger a massage? According to Coy Barefoot reporting, JM was a wrestler, then he knew how to inflict pain and soothe it, if the above is true. If it's true about his facebook friending Morgan Harrington's search group members, that would have given him cover for informing himself on other serial killers. Wish his friends and colleague at the hospital begin to purge themselves and step up now, with every little thing they know to help.

I was the one who mentioned the passenger being offered a massage. I cannot confirm the validity of the claim bc I merely saw it as a comment on the FHG FB page...but it seemed true, and the woman said she called it into the tip line. I have since heard other things about his time as a cabbie - someone had mentioned that he was disciplined for offering women free rides. None of this from a verifiable source, though. So, take it for what it's worth...

Now that he is known as a serial killer, will CNU have to release their records?

Hopefully, they will be subpoened.

I can't get over what a soulless monster he is pretending to be so good and kind and loving!!!

I can't seem to get past the significance of the September and October dates. The LU alleged rape which resulted in JM being kicked out of school/football was October 17, 2002, then almost exactly one year later he leaves CNU (October 15, 2003). October 17, 2009 is when he murdered MH. The Fairfax rape was in September 2005, which is two years after he left the CNU football team (September 12, 2003). HG disappeared on September 13th. I'm really curious to know if there is something about Fall that is triggering his predatory behaviour. Are there other missing women who disappeared in theses months?

Great observations!!! Yes, I think there is a trigger.
Does anyone know much about this.psychological trigger thing? In the Jenise Wright case, the perp raped and killed JW on the same date his aunt died a year or so previous...

Going back and looking over some of the news reports and whats the most chilling to me, it actually made the hair stand up on the back of my head, was the account of JLM picking two women up and putting them over his shoulders.

I wonder if he was sizing them up or reliving his carrying other bodies into the woods at that time?

By itself doing something like to a complete stranger is bizarre.

With the addition of all the information thats surfaced recently its downright scary.

I know this is not the forum for 'other possible vicitms', but I meant to include in my previous post that Samantha Ann Clarke disappeared on September 13, 2010...this lines up with HG's Sept. 13th disappearance, just like MH's murder lines up with the LU rape accusation on October 17th. All of these Sept and Oct dates coincide with times JM left school/football.

I'm completely new to all of this but have been following the missing girl cases, as I had a sister at UVA from 2007 to 2011. This has all been so chilling to watch.
I know from visiting my sister when she moved in her apartments/dorms in Charlottesville, there is a certain sort of "calm" that settles after the rush of orientations and move ins. I feel like JLM may have picked this time of year knowing that these innocent girls had just started to let their guards down.
And, by the way, I totally believe he is guilty. I believe he has done awful things with/to Hannah, Morgan, and probably several other young girls throughout the Route 29 corridor. I pray for ALL the families involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paul3398