JLM: When will charges come in the HG and MH cases?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There is also another credible witness who claims to have seen Morgan around 10:00 am on Sunday morning at a Sheetz gas station in Orange. The police have never publicly discounted this sighting and what makes it even more interesting is this message by LE seemingly directed toward someone in particular:

While anyone who picked up Harrington after her last known sighting may be scared of the possible implications, those with information are urged to contact the investigators, Geller said.

"We'd hate to have anyone who just picked her up and dropped her at a gas station [to be reluctant to talk to us] because that person holds a very vital key to finding more information," Geller said. "Investigators are willing to work with that person because right now the focus is on finding Morgan and bringing her back to her family."

Sounds to me like they believe someone did give her a ride somewhere. Could that have been JM? Is this why they were looking for the cab he drove that night?

source: http://www.cavalierdaily.com/article/2010/01/search-for-harrington-continues

Never realized the Orange siting wasn't set to rest. Hmmmm....(again!).....

Another question.

http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/s...cle_14b2eb62-91dc-537f-84d3-8fde928392b9.html

A man linked by DNA to slain Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington was driving a cab the night she disappeared and the taxi was recovered two weeks ago at an Albemarle County farm, according to a broadcast report.

Have the police ever disclosed the location of the abandoned taxi cab operated by JLM?

Initial reports state it was found on "a farm in Albemarie county", but the police have not disclosed the exact location Anyone?

FWIW

Ran across this article just now...first I have seen this regarding MH's shirt:

The warrant also reveals that the shirt was blood stained, and that a mixed profile of Harrington’s DNA and that of the unknown assailant taken from the shirt was run through the state DNA databank soon after its discovery. That resulted in a match with DNA taken from under the fingernails of the victim in the 2005 sexual assault in Fairfax.

source: http://www.c-ville.com/leaked-search-warrant-reveals-dna-link-harrington-case/

And as soon as he was arrested in Texas and LE took the cigar tip (rich in DNA drom saliva) from his wallet, it was tested against the foreign DNA found on MH's shirt and the fingernail scraping of the Fairfax victim and, BINGO, we have a winner! And yes, this is my opinion as well as every reporter's opinion based on the information contained in the unsealed search warrant. IMO:gaah:

Another question.

http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/s...cle_14b2eb62-91dc-537f-84d3-8fde928392b9.html

A man linked by DNA to slain Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington was driving a cab the night she disappeared and the taxi was recovered two weeks ago at an Albemarle County farm, according to a broadcast report.

Have the police ever disclosed the location of the abandoned taxi cab operated by JLM?

Initial reports state it was found on "a farm in Albemarie county", but the police have not disclosed the exact location Anyone?

AFAIK they have never said anything any more specific than "a farm in Albemarle County."

And as soon as he was arrested in Texas and LE took the cigar tip (rich in DNA drom saliva) from his wallet, it was tested against the foreign DNA found on MH's shirt and the fingernail scraping of the Fairfax victim and, BINGO, we have a winner! And yes, this is my opinion as well as every reporter's opinion based on the information contained in the unsealed search warrant. IMO:gaah:

I guess we can all go home now...

Sorry , I don't see it that way at all , despite your claim that every reporter holds your exact opinion.

I respect your opinion ILOKAL but that last article that I referenced said the cigar tip matched the MAJORITY interior of the t shirt not finger nail scraping. Do you see how MAJORITY of interior t shirt means more than 50% (at least, probably a lot more)of the surface area of the shirt. Not a stain. The stain is another sample altogether.

Has anyone ever heard of a pimsleur drawing? I need one of the whole cigar thing.

Throwing this out there for discussion. Could it also be they have both MH's and JLM's saliva on that tip?

If it was weed they may have both smoked it together or even if it was just a cigar they could have both smoked it. Maybe she was just dying for a cigarette after the whole ordeal when he picked her up in his cab? Thinking out loud..

That would be a Trophy I would think. Can you imagine him? I smoked this with her first and then killed her. Now ever time I light up a new swisher sweet she's here. Ewww.

JMO..

I respect your opinion ILOKAL but that last article that I referenced said the cigar tip matched the MAJORITY interior of the t shirt not finger nail scraping. Do you see how MAJORITY of interior t shirt means more than 50% (at least, probably a lot more)of the surface area of the shirt. Not a stain. The stain is another sample altogether.

I DO read what you're typing!:banghead:

QUESTION: Is the consensus here that the tee shirt had a blood stain that contained DNA from MH and JLM AND IN ADDITION, the inside of the majority (more than 50% and excluding the blood stain on the front of the shirt) contains MH's DNA ONLY?

Another article about the eyewitness of MH.

http://www.readthehook.com/68819/trail-harringtons-body-creates-new-mysteries-angles

One person who finds the discovery of the shirt interesting is Norma Parson.

A newspaper deliveryperson who works early mornings, she has long insisted she saw Morgan– or a Morgan lookalike– walking out of a room on UVA's West Lawn around 3:45am on October 18, hours after the Metallica show ended. Accompanied by three males, Parson says, the blond woman she saw was dressed all in black and wearing a coat, miniskirt, and knee-high boots.

Parson has long claimed that police failed to fully follow her lead, although police insist her tip was fully vetted, and a student whose room is adjacent to the one Parson noted confirmed that police interviewed him and his neighbor.

"I still believe it was her," says Parson. Police have not recontacted her.

Has anyone else ever said that Morgan was wearing a coat?

I'm not sure I believe that these were actually sightings of Morgan. How many blonde girls wearing all black would be at a Metallica concert in a college town?

I think JM was "cruising" the JPJ Arena in his taxicab, and picked Morgan up on the Copeley Bridge as soon as she stuck her thumb out. He probably spotted her and reacted immediately, just like he did when he spirited Hannah away.

Has anyone ever heard of a pimsleur drawing? I need one of the whole cigar thing.

Throwing this out there for discussion. Could it also be they have both MH's and JLM's saliva on that tip?

If it was weed they may have both smoked it together or even if it was just a cigar they could have both smoked it. Maybe she was just dying for a cigarette after the whole ordeal when he picked her up in his cab? Thinking out loud..

That would be a Trophy I would think. Can you imagine him? I smoked this with her first and then killed her. Now ever time I light up a new swisher sweet she's here. Ewww.

JMO..

Someone (can't remember which poster) has already suggested that Touch DNA from JLM was on the outside of the wooden cigar tip while DNA (not touch) from MH was on the inside, because she was the one who smoked it. I hope I explained that correctly on behalf of that poster. Hopefully they will jump in, claim ownership, and make any corrections. It IS on this thread, I believe.

QUESTION: Is the consensus here that the tee shirt had a blood stain that contained DNA from MH and JLM AND IN ADDITION, the inside of the majority (more than 50% and excluding the blood stain on the front of the shirt) contains MH's DNA ONLY?

Alright, one more time. I'll really try to be clear.

1. We do not know that the "diffuse stain" from the t-shirt was blood. The DNA statement does not specify.

2. We do know that the testing of the "diffuse stain" yielded a DNA mixture, the DNA of more than one individual. Imo, this mixture would have consisted of JM's DNA in whatever body fluid the"diffuse stain" was (blood, semen, or urine, most likely, but it does not say which), plus MH's DNA from the shirt itself, which would have been left there just by her wearing the shirt. Her DNA would have been on both the inside and the outside of the shirt, most likely in the form of skin cells and possibly tiny bits of hair.

3. We do know that the DNA from the "diffuse stain" matched the DNA of the Fairfax perp.

ETA: 3a. Since we know that JM's DNA matches the Fairfax perp, we can make the deduction that the DNA from the "diffuse stain" belongs to JM.

4. We do not know whose blood was on the shirt, because the excerpt from the warrant does not say.

5. We do know that MH's DNA would have been on the inside of the shirt because she was wearing the shirt.

ETA: 5a. We can infer that JM's DNA may have leaked through to the inside of the shirt in the area where the "diffuse stain" was located, but it is unlikely that this "diffuse stain" covered an area that could be described as "the majority of the inside of the t-shirt."

6. We can safely make the assumption, based on his physical size, that JM was NOT wearing the shirt.

7. We do know that the DNA from the majority of the inside of the shirt matched the DNA from the cigar butt tip.

8. Nowhere in those statements does it say that the DNA from the "diffuse stain" matches the cigar butt tip.

9. The 1 in 7.2 billion probability could apply to either MH or JM, as both their DNA profiles are known, and any person's DNA is unique for all practical purposes, unless that person has an identical twin. The fact that this statistic is referenced does not imply that the statistic is about JM.

Does this help?

Someone (can't remember which poster) has already suggested that Touch DNA from JLM was on the outside of the wooden cigar tip while DNA (not touch) from MH was on the inside, because she was the one who smoked it. I hope I explained that correctly on behalf of that poster. Hopefully they will jump in, claim ownership, and make any corrections. It IS on this thread, I believe.

I suggested that as a possibility, in response to Evie's concern that there may have been a mixture of DNA on the cigar butt tip. However, in the warrant excerpt, there is no suggestion or statement to the effect that there was a mixture of DNA on the cigar butt tip.

I believe the T-shirt had a blood stain on the front (MH DNA from the cut on her chin,most likely smeared as the shirt was pulled off over her head)
DNA on the INSIDE was Majority MH wearer DNA (perspiration, skin cells)
Additional DNA on inside was semen from JM (probably from wiping any traces he could see off Morgans body)

JMO

I believe the T-shirt had a blood stain on the front (MH DNA from the cut on her chin,most likely smeared as the shirt was pulled off over her head)
DNA on the INSIDE was Majority MH wearer DNA (perspiration, skin cells)
Additional DNA on inside was semen from JM (probably from wiping any traces he could see off Morgans body)

JMO

JM could also have wiped himself with the t-shirt, which would leave both his semen and his skin cells behind. Jmo.

What if someone from the 7 Night Sleepover found the shirt at AF, and then later left it out on the bush on 15th Street?

Could that someone have found the shirt but not found Morgan at the same time? I would think, if they got anywhere close to her location, they'd have known something was amiss. Remember all the buzzard discussion on the various Hannah threads?

Nothing factual here, just thinking and asking...

Thank you! Was there any evidence of other DNA semen on her shirt?

The statements do not say this. They refer to (1) JM's DNA in the diffuse stain, and (2) the DNA from the majority of the inside of the t-shirt that matches the cigar butt tip.

For that matter, there is no specific reference to semen. It seems probable that semen was present, but that is just conjecture on my part.

There is also nothing in either statement to infer or refute the supposition that more than two individuals' DNA was present. Only two were isolated, though, for comparison to other samples from other sources.

One would suppose that, if additional individuals' DNA was on the shirt, some reference would be made to that, but again, that is conjecture on my part. There is also no reason to believe that we have the entire statement to analyze.

http://www.nbc29.com/story/27470933/court-documents-dna-links-matthew-to-harrington-case

< Information in the warrant offers a better idea about how Matthew has been forensically linked to the Harrington case. While investigators had confirmed a forensic link between Jesse Matthew and the Harrington case, the search warrant provides the first confirmation of what that evidence is. The warrant says Harrington's Pantera T-shirt had multiple DNA stains on it. The shirt was recovered after Harrington disappeared in 2009.

The Virginia Department of Forensic Science was able to collect DNA from Harrington's shirt. That DNA matched the DNA collected from the 2005 attempted sexual assault investigation in Fairfax.

Charlottesville police found a "wooden tip from a cigar butt" inside Matthew's wallet. The DNA from that wooden tip is a match to both the Harrington case and the 2005 Fairfax case.

On the search warrant, police list the crime as first- and second-degree murder. However, that doesn't mean Matthew will be charged with those specific counts.

The four-page search warrant also asks for years of Matthew's cell phone records.

A spokesperson for Virginia State Police had no comment..>

....going back to the scenario of the 3 white males seen with MH outside the JP arena.

The statements do not say this. They refer to (1) JM's DNA in the diffuse stain, and (2) the DNA from the majority of the inside of the t-shirt that matches the cigar butt tip.

For that matter, there is no specific reference to semen. It seems probable that semen was present, but that is just conjecture on my part.

There is also nothing in either statement to infer or refute the supposition that more than two individuals' DNA was present. Only two were isolated, though, for comparison to other samples from other sources.

One would suppose that, if additional individuals' DNA was on the shirt, some reference would be made to that, but again, that is conjecture on my part.

That is true , there is no reference to semen , maybe they felt that the Harringtons had endured enough knowing that their daughter was murdered.
Or maybe JM merely used the shirt to wipe off the sweat from his face after the sadistic acts he committed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noonoo91
Back