JLM's car

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Intent to defile then to me, means that there is stuff in that car.

Maybe some blood.

Maybe some cadavarine from his body to the car.

My first thought was blood too. I don't think cadavarine though because we would see a murder charge. Maybe a cadaver dog hit though because it's my understanding that won't stand up in court alone.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

As for the front damage to his car, that could happen while going over some really rough dirt roads in remote places. The sort of places somebody would dispose of a body. In order to reach hiking trails, I've taken my SUV up some roads that I sure wouldn't take a car like his.

FYI-
UTK Dr. Arpad Vass was featured in the Forensic Magazine's article "Labrador Detector":

http://www.forensicmag.com/articles/2010/06/labrador-new-alpha-dog-human-remains-detection

LABRADOR: New Alpha Dog in Human Remains Detection?
Thu, 06/10/2010
The newest advance in clandestine grave detection may come from a handheld device, not from the next generation of human remains detection dogs.

Dead men do tell tales. A new hand-held odor-sniffing technology capable of locating buried human bodies has emerged at Oak Ridge National Laboratory in the form of a device called LABRADOR, an acronym for Light-weight Analyzer for Buried Remains And Decomposition Odor Recognition.

The instrument is designed to be used at the soil surface to detect volatile organic chemical compounds (VOCs) emitted by decomposing human bodies buried in shallow graves 1.5 feet to 3.5 feet deep. According to the FBI, the average clandestine grave is about 2 to 2.5 feet deep. In the case of a corpse buried in roughly 18 inches of soil, it takes about 17 days for odors to first make their way to the surface.

The Oak Ridge device is not as sensitive as innate canine olfactory capabilities, but one advantage of LABRADOR is that it can detect and alert the operator to the amount of odor present.

“In other words, it can map the odor plume coming from the ground where the body is buried, which can be a key factor in pinpointing the location of the grave or looking for victims in natural disasters,” said Oak Ridge senior researcher and forensic expert Arpad A. Vass, leader of the team that developed LABRADOR. Vass is also affiliated with the University of Tennessee’s Anthropological Research Facility, known also as the Body Farm, a research lab devoted to studying the decay of donated human remains over time in various environments and conditions.

Police frequently use dogs trained to detect the odor of human decomposition to help find clandestine burials. However, few studies have attempted to identify the specific VOCs emitted from decaying corpses. Vass decided to find out what chemicals reach the surface that originate in a buried human body.
<sniped - read more>

FYI-
UTK Dr. Arpad Vass was featured in the Forensic Magazine's article "Labrador Detector":

http://www.forensicmag.com/articles/2010/06/labrador-new-alpha-dog-human-remains-detection

LABRADOR: New Alpha Dog in Human Remains Detection?
Thu, 06/10/2010
The newest advance in clandestine grave detection may come from a handheld device, not from the next generation of human remains detection dogs.

Dead men do tell tales. A new hand-held odor-sniffing technology capable of locating buried human bodies has emerged at Oak Ridge National Laboratory in the form of a device called LABRADOR, an acronym for Light-weight Analyzer for Buried Remains And Decomposition Odor Recognition.

The instrument is designed to be used at the soil surface to detect volatile organic chemical compounds (VOCs) emitted by decomposing human bodies buried in shallow graves 1.5 feet to 3.5 feet deep. According to the FBI, the average clandestine grave is about 2 to 2.5 feet deep. In the case of a corpse buried in roughly 18 inches of soil, it takes about 17 days for odors to first make their way to the surface.

The Oak Ridge device is not as sensitive as innate canine olfactory capabilities, but one advantage of LABRADOR is that it can detect and alert the operator to the amount of odor present.

&#8220;In other words, it can map the odor plume coming from the ground where the body is buried, which can be a key factor in pinpointing the location of the grave or looking for victims in natural disasters,&#8221; said Oak Ridge senior researcher and forensic expert Arpad A. Vass, leader of the team that developed LABRADOR. Vass is also affiliated with the University of Tennessee&#8217;s Anthropological Research Facility, known also as the Body Farm, a research lab devoted to studying the decay of donated human remains over time in various environments and conditions.

Police frequently use dogs trained to detect the odor of human decomposition to help find clandestine burials. However, few studies have attempted to identify the specific VOCs emitted from decaying corpses. Vass decided to find out what chemicals reach the surface that originate in a buried human body.
<sniped - read more>

They should combine that with the Roomba, give it solar power, and just set it loose in the wilderness.

Closeup pic of the windshield of JLMs car taken from post# 602 in the 9th general discussion thread.

The area circled in red appears very odd and I just cant make out what its supposed to be.

Also note what appears to be a numeral 5 signifying the month of May on his inspection sticker. I couldnt make out the year but I could make out the color and have posted pictures of 2014 inspection stickers that match just below the original pic.

View attachment 60874

View attachment 60875

View attachment 60876

The photo with the area circled in red: Looks to me like a watch. Links are to the left of the circled area with the face portion of the watch to the right facing upward. JMO, of course. Of course it couldn't be as it is against a window it looks like. Ahh well, no idea.

So did the cab belong to JLM? If not, when did the company sell it and to whom? Who abandoned it on this farm and when?

Is the cab(van) in running condition? Only takes a few minutes to switch plates on a vehicle and unless LE has reason to run them no one would ever know.

If JLM drove out to the van, switched the plates, and then drove it away leaving his car behind, it could have extended his range considerably.

I wonder if we will hear where that van was..

So did someone rat him off or was it found searching family property?

I wonder why he kept it.

Could it be because it is a trophy?

How long will he keep having supporters?

Is the cab(van) in running condition? Only takes a few minutes to switch plates on a vehicle and unless LE has reason to run them no one would ever know.

If JLM drove out to the van, switched the plates, and then drove it away leaving his car behind, it could have extended his range considerably.

I would not be even a little surprised if it turns out to be charred. (Another well known C-ville murderer had a van and set fire to it in order to get an insurance payout. I wonder if he too...like JLM Jr, ever used his van as a taxi.)

Perhaps we should change the title of this thread to "JLM's Cars" :gaah:

If the van isnt running then IMO LE should be looking at why.

As in, did JLM disable it on purpose and tell his boss the motor was blown?

Did he never turn it in after being fired from the cab company?

It was stated in prior threads that JLM had/has numerous judgements and garnishments. Perhaps this is one of them.

And maybe he didnt turn it back in for fear of someone finding something inside to link him to MH or possibly other victims?

If it is running maybe he kept it because being a cab driver is a perfect disguise?

This wouldnt be the first time a killer dressed and acted like someone the general public would trust.ie policeman, security officer, park ranger etc....and in Virginia no less. It was rumored that the parkway strangler may have been posing as LE or park security.

I get why they now have "voluminous" evidence from the car. Wouldn't he take his car or cars to be fixed at the same place? Who fixed his car?

Wouldn't he take his car or cars to be fixed at the same place?

You would think.

Its not uncommon around here at all to see guys who have grown up in the country that either perform their own maintenance (doubtful looking at JLMs car) or take it to a "shade tree" mechanic.

You would think.

Its not uncommon around here at all to see guys who have grown up in the country that either perform their own maintenance (doubtful looking at JLMs car) or take it to a "shade tree" mechanic.

Doesn't give the impression of wanting to keep up his car. And his trespass charge was for an oil change he wasn't pleased with. Repairmen and service stations get their parts from one or two big suppliers around here. It wouldn't be that hard to find out with them asking their costumers. Maybe LE already has that info, he seemed to pay with everything on his card.

Or you can order your own parts online

I was going to say this before I read the Popcorn (dog) theory: I have two dogs and they make a mess all over the windows in a scattered pattern. I imagine kids and even adults are the same way too. What's particularly disturbing is that weird marking appears only in one location- and that's the passenger side where someone might claw or grab at to get out. :0(

If there were similar marks elsewhere in the car I'd worry we might be reaching, but there don't appear to be.

As for the Popcorn theory - I think that's unlikely. If a dog of that size was in the front seat trying to paw out I think you'd see a lot more dog drool and damage. Wasn't Popcorn partially white? I think hair might be visible too.

Doesn't give the impression of wanting to keep up his car. And his trespass charge was for an oil change he wasn't pleased with. Repairmen and service stations get their parts from one or two big suppliers around here. It wouldn't be that hard to find out with them asking their costumers. Maybe LE already has that info, he seemed to pay with everything on his card.

That's what he got his trespassing charge for? That's so bizarre.

To get an almost immediate additional warrant for the apartment, you gotta figure they found something physical of Hannah's in the car...not just DNA samples that would need to be analyzed.

Also my memory is that they hadn't even processed the car when they got the apartment warrant so I'm thinking they saw something. Possibly her bracelet since it's not been mentioned in the searches and it's pretty big.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pixie673
Back