JLM's car

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Also my memory is that they hadn't even processed the car when they got the apartment warrant so I'm thinking they saw something. Possibly her bracelet since it's not been mentioned in the searches and it's pretty big.

That's a very good point. You would think they would have detailed the bracelet in news conferences (unless they did and I missed it) and tell people to be on the lookout for it around town or on their property as that's the type of thing that would easily break off in a struggle or while moving a body. That makes we wonder if they've already found it.

To get an almost immediate additional warrant for the apartment, you gotta figure they found something physical of Hannah's in the car...not just DNA samples that would need to be analyzed.
It might be as simple as the tags didn't belong to that vehicle.

No more word on the cab/van?

We don't know if it still was his possession or if he sold it and it is broken.

He was using it in 2009. Wouldn't there be standards that a cab vehicle cannot be more than three years old?

So let us say it was a 2006. The car would be 8 years old now then if there is any reality to my supposition. That is not that old for a car

Did he store treasures in it if it was still his? Did he relive memories in it?

That's a very good point. You would think they would have detailed the bracelet in news conferences (unless they did and I missed it) and tell people to be on the lookout for it around town or on their property as that's the type of thing that would easily break off in a struggle or while moving a body. That makes we wonder if they've already found it.

I haven't heard any mention of her bracelet (or watch, whichever) at all either, so I'm speculating that's what they saw in the vehicle. I just can't imagine them not mentioning it regarding the searches especially. I agree, it'd be something easily broken off I think, especially if it was one of those stretchy types.

Someone here was part of the early search teams and he said they were told to look for her pink phone, pants, shoes and top. No mention of the bracelet. That I remember, that is.

Unless it was a giant pool of blood I simply can't imagine what they'd have seen in the car before processing besides the bracelet that would have led to the immediate apartment search warrants.

No more word on the cab/van?

We don't know if it still was his possession or if he sold it and it is broken.

He was using it in 2009. Wouldn't there be standards that a cab vehicle cannot be more than three years old?

So let us say it was a 2006. The car would be 8 years old now then if there is any reality to my supposition. That is not that old for a car

Did he store treasures in it if it was still his? Did he relive memories in it?
Hu, good questions. That van does raise some speculation. Could it have been repurposed as an off-road "recreational vehicle?" At this time of year, it would not need heat or A/C. I am trusting that LE is scouring it for tell-tale indicators of recent activity. moo

Has the taxi been discussed? CNN just reported that LE has the taxi JLM was driving in 2009. It was found on a local farm.

I did not follow the Harrington case, but did a quick read-up on it when it became tied to the Hannah case. I thought that Harrington was last seen hitchhiking on a bridge. Now, the reports are saying she was seen getting in a cab. Is this confirmed? Articles use the term 'sources', but never tell where the information is coming from.

From the source below:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...ks-virginia-man-2009-murder-article-1.1969703

NYDailyNews.com said:
"Everything is starting to add up," Melvin Carter, a local cab driver who knew Matthew, told WTVR. "I asked which taxi cab she got into they said, 'Yes, she did jump into a taxi cab that night before last being seen alive.'" Matthew was interviewed by cops after Harrington disappeared, but never connected to the crime.

BBM. Matthew was interviewed by the cops after Harrington disappeared?? Is this true? How would Melvin Carter know she jumped in a cab? These news sources are not reliable.

All that's been said about the van is that it was found on a farm right?

To me that doesn't mean that it was abandoned or hidden - my first assumption would be that it was purchased by someone who lives at or works on a farm and that's why it was there.

I did not follow the Harrington case, but did a quick read-up on it when it became tied to the Hannah case. I thought that Harrington was last seen hitchhiking on a bridge. Now, the reports are saying she was seen getting in a cab. Is this confirmed? Articles use the term 'sources', but never tell where the information is coming from.

From the source below:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...ks-virginia-man-2009-murder-article-1.1969703

BBM. Matthew was interviewed by the cops after Harrington disappeared?? Is this true? How would Melvin Carter know she jumped in a cab? These news sources are not reliable.

VA State Police have said that they did not interview JM in 2009. They didn't indicate if any other LE agency did.

IMO either there was an assumption MH could have ended up in a cab (because she was hitchhiking) or there was a witness indicating she got in a cab (which the police held back, this has never been officially acknowledged) because there is anecdotal evidence then and now that LE was looking into cab drivers in 2009.

No link, but an article said it was abandoned.

I pray it has not been used

From the source below:

I think that the MSM has been reckless with their reporting. No, at the time of Morgan's disappearance, it was never reported that she was seen getting into a cab. Tracking dogs lost her scent on Copley Bridge and thus, it was inferred that she got into a vehicle. The VSP is saying that they never interviewed cab drivers, so if anyone did, it was either Charlottesville or Albemarle Police. I'm not sure who headed that investigation since Morgan disappeared from within Cville's city limits, yet her remains were found in Albemarle.

he actually bought it from the company I know the owner and that is the one thing he offers his drivers if you don't go with the purchase plan you can pay a weekly rental fee also wich is $635.00 a week

No link, but an article said it was abandoned.

I pray it has not been used

The language in the various articles suggest that it was not say,traced to a new owner. Of course, there has been a good deal of incorrect or twisted and melodramatic reporting. . . so ????

ETA- sorry- I was replying to multiple posts on this topic, not just this one. This one is just the one I hit reply for. :0)

he actually bought it from the company I know the owner and that is the one thing he offers his drivers if you don't go with the purchase plan you can pay a weekly rental fee also wich is $635.00 a week

Wow that's expensive.. Did anyone have the car after him or do you know? Either way I'm hoping they'll be able to find some good dna in there.

I just think it's odd that someone that presumably needed money would let a recently working cab rot. You would think that it being a recently working approved cab that at the very least it could be sold for parts.

Or, to destroy evidence, sold for scrap.

the yellow car was his second one the first one was a mini van and that is what was found he had both only a few months apart which is really odd so there has to be a reason he ditched the van and went with the car

Yes- driving a cab isn't as easy or as "easy money" as people often think. Ages ago when I lived in NYC the taxi badge/medallion (essentially a license) cost was $250,000-- I wouldn't be surprised if it has at least doubled by now. Obviously NYC is more expensive, but there's often a lot of expenses and regulation that goes into being a cabbie. Which is why, again, I don't know why he'd keep that old cab.

Random thoughts, imo.

Any chance JM only used that cab for" special excursions ", times when he may have posed as a legitimate cab driver to lure victims and
in between attacks, hiding it?

Would JM choose the Buckingham area, to consciously or otherwise, hide Hannah as a sort of ode to her British background?

Random thoughts, imo.

Any chance JM only used that cab for" special excursions ", times when he may have posed as a legitimate cab driver to lure victims and
in between attacks, hiding it?

Would JM choose the Buckingham area, to consciously or otherwise, hide Hannah as a sort of ode to her British background?
It appears to be the one he's pictured in in April 2010, taking the three women to Foxfield Races. http://www.turnto10.com/story/26671010/past-encounters-with-jesse-matthew-remembered

He was not on duty as a cabbie at that moment (I don't know about that year, but his license expired 12/2010), so was driving it as his personal vehicle that day.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AllenImmab
Back