JLM's car

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes, he worked at Martha Jefferson House (a nursing-type facility), and his wages were being garnished from his paycheck from there as of 9/20/12, but the warrants in debt are from bills from two hospitals, dating back to 2008. Check the timeline in maps and links, but this portion of the discussion should go on the "what we know" thread, IMO.

So if the car was repoed, it would show up on that timeline?

It seems a long time later to start the garnishments for the hospital bills.

?

Good point! And if so I have a feeling it was too tainted not to at that point.

I was under the impression he was working as a contractor, which means he probably owned the vehicle he was driving. If so, then he probably bought the vehicle from them prior to driving it for the company.

Thank you. It's not me trying to keep you guys straight. I just find it a bit confusing and wondered if I'd missed some sources (which is quite possible). Is Carter the one who said JLM was questioned back in '09 regarding Morgan's disappearance? The police came out with a pretty strong statement denying that, so I wonder if JLM told Carter he'd been questioned? I can't think of a reason Carter would deliberately lie about that.

I can think of a reason - he was talking to reporters, and needed something to tell them? That sort of thing happens a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Emaa View Post
Thank you. It's not me trying to keep you guys straight. I just find it a bit confusing and wondered if I'd missed some sources (which is quite possible). Is Carter the one who said JLM was questioned back in '09 regarding Morgan's disappearance? The police came out with a pretty strong statement denying that, so I wonder if JLM told Carter he'd been questioned? I can't think of a reason Carter would deliberately lie about that.

I can think of a reason - he was talking to reporters, and needed something to tell them? That sort of thing happens a lot.

Carter, would have no reason to lie, imo. The VSP PIO did not say that JM wasn't interviewed by investigators. They said that JM was not interviewed by VSP investigators..

I keep seeing posts on other threads that they've found a van, regarding the cab located by searchers/police. Some have even described the color of the van.

Do we know for sure the cab found was a van and do we know its color? If so, please link to a news source for that; all I've found simply say cab.

No clear information on the color of the van or whether it was in use or just stashed away... time will tell

The van was described as light brown. Now, I don't if that's what the registration papers called it, or that's what color you see when you look at it. The ONLY reason I mention that, my van is listed as gold on the registration. It has NEVER been painted, but my van is more of a dull silver, light gray. There is no gold paint on it!!

As for the car he was driving, yes the state inspection was out, and there's no way it would have passed inspection either. So it was either drive it and risk getting a ticket, find a way to fix it, or get another vehicle. I don't think he had the money to fix it or get another.

:websleuther::findinglink::lookingitup: Looking for a link before I forget!! :hilarious:

Now I feel like I have truly gone crazy. I can't find a link to that vehicle that was found!!! I only saw a few mention van cab, but not the color. Yet, I'm positive I didn't make it up or dream it!!! (Sigh)

So if the car was repoed, it would show up on that timeline?

It seems a long time later to start the garnishments for the hospital bills.

?

Hi human. It's not unusual for a big time lag for wage garnishments to begin. Once direct collection efforts have been exhausted, there are hoops to jump through to get the debt into the Va system. Then for the state system to connect a person's debt to their current employment through employer tax filings. Then for garnishment filings to be put in place with that particular employer. Many times the employee has moved on to another job by the time the connection is made, and it's not uncommon for them to change jobs frequently in an attempt to avoid the wage garnishment. I'm not at all surprised by the garnishment time lag in JM's case. (Yes, over to "what we know," thanks ksj3.)

In response to your quote, it is legal to do that, as long as he has a current cab license and the cab has the proper identification marks and registration as a cab.

I know he can with what you describe, which is why I posted the links to state and local regulations. But you can't just take a cab as a personal vehicle and start charging fares for rides, however. Maybe I just misunderstood the question.

Yes. Very. I find it hard to believe the investigators would not follow up on that tip in this case. I wonder if she is not local or what other reason they have for not following up, if it's true they did not. It seems obvious that she should just call it in again. Imo.

Carter, would have no reason to lie, imo. The VSP PIO did not say that JM wasn't interviewed by investigators. They said that JM was not interviewed by VSP investigators..

So you think they're just buying some time and thinking people will forget? This is going to be REALLY bad, and I don't think the Harrington's will forget this bit of information.

The CPD impounded JM's car on Friday, 9-19. On Saturday, 9-20, he showed up at CPD asking for a lawyer, spoke to Camblos (according to Camblos' own admission), and sped away.

What car did he drive when he sped away? Do we know for sure that his mother was with him at CPD? If so, were they in her car?

Has the Saturday car been processed for evidence?

The other car we know of that JM used was his sister's blue Nissan, which LE in Texas processed, and about which CPD has stated that no evidence was found that suggested that HG was ever in that car.

Also I'll be posting a question in the MH thread that I'd love feedback on, for anyone who has the inclination. It will be there in a few minutes.

The CPD impounded JM's car on Friday, 9-19. On Saturday, 9-20, he showed up at CPD asking for a lawyer, spoke to Camblos (according to Camblos' own admission), and sped away.

What car did he drive when he sped away? Do we know for sure that his mother was with him at CPD? If so, were they in her car?

Has the Saturday car been processed for evidence?

The other car we know of that JM used was his sister's blue Nissan, which LE in Texas processed, and about which CPD has stated that no evidence was found that suggested that HG was ever in that car.

Also I'll be posting a question in the MH thread that I'd love feedback on, for anyone who has the inclination. It will be there in a few minutes.

Let me know, if you think of anything that can help the search on this thread please.

So you think they're just buying some time and thinking people will forget? This is going to be REALLY bad, and I don't think the Harrington's will forget this bit of information.

I think what she's saying is that VSP is clarifying media misinformation so it doesn't come back to haunt anyone later and so the public remains correctly informed.

They clearly state he was not interviewed by VSP investigators at the time of MH's disappearance. As someone pointed out earlier, there were plenty of other investigators involved in that, so this leaves open the possibility that he was, in fact, interviewed - just not by VSP.

Should my first statement be true, notice this is the only thing the media has reported that they have taken the time to clarify.

I'm not sure what I find most disturbing, that JLM wasn't questioned or that VSP are in CYA mode denying they questioned him.

And yet people say things that are not true to reporters all the time. You can't just assume that he is telling the truth, people have no obligation to be truthful in what they tell others or the media, they only are required to be truthful when telling things to LE.

If you look at just about any case you will very likely encounter a fair number of claims reported in the media which are made up or based on incomplete/faulty recollection.

I would be more inclined to believe what LE is saying in this instance, not what this Carter guy is claiming.

Do you think we will hear where they found that taxi?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo
Back