Jodi Arias Murder Trial - the defense continues it's case in chief-*Weekend* #89

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine the things she is going to say about Nurmi, hope he had enough sense to not be alone with her in a room.

So do I. To me he is kind of a pathetic figure in all this. He wanted off the case, he was stuck with it. She lied to him for years, she tried to get other witnesses to lie to him. Now, here he is, stuck in this debacle, knowing everything he does will likely be questioned for the next 20 years. That can't feel good.

So do I. To me he is kind of a pathetic figure in all this. He wanted off the case, he was stuck with it. She lied to him for years, she tried to get other witnesses to lie to him. Now, here he is, stuck in this debacle, knowing everything he does will likely be questioned for the next 20 years. That can't feel good.

Many got off the case at first. Most likely they did not feel they could defend her... based on evidence.. Or their own ethics due to their feelings she was guilty

I watched the mystery shows too, Nosey - but unfortunately they're all reruns and I guess I've seen them all. I wish they had some new ones to air...

Watch them also....and most have seen several times.

Still interesting, however!

:D

Many got off the case at first. Most likely they did not feel they could defend her... based on evidence.. Or their own ethics due to their feelings she was guilty

True but he tried to get off it too and was told no by the court.

Speaking of the new crime scene photos, my guess would be that they weren't allowed into evidence. Which really bothers me with a non sequestered jury out there. I know they are suppose to avoid the case but with all the media coverage imagine how hard that has to be. I really think that in a high profile case like this the jury needs to be sequestered.

What new photos ? Do ya have a link ? TIA

btw, the motion to compel Walmart and Tesoro records and the "001" designation taken to mean the state was bugging me, so I looked at the court records today. It's the defense's motion and the State recently supplemented its witness list to include a person from each -- like within the last week.
Am I understanding this right? The list must be for the rebuttal, right? Do they have to turn over that list to the DT? But the DT does NOT get to depose the. Is that correct?

Or the fact she was lying about everything..

False child molestation allegation.

Which I don't know how that got into evidence because there was not one magazine or anything on a computer to verify that, only the word of a liar? Yet many people could testify to her stalker escapades and that is not allowed in? It just makes me so mad that Travis's name is getting thrown in front of the bus and his family has to live with this.

Angelo said:
Agree. I believe Jodi made Travis sit down in the shower. I think she used a weapon to do it. Why would a grown man sit down in that small shower?

I don't believe for one second Jodi's story that this was a "photo shoot". The pictures are more in line of Jodi taking them without Travis' knowledge. She is documenting Travis' last moments alive. She doesn't even use the flash until Travis is sitting in the shower.

Travis is cramped and very vulnerable in that last position when Jodi starts to murder him. I believe the 5:31:14 picture is when Jodi first stabs Travis with one hand while holding the camera with the other hand.

Jodi either held on to the camera while stabbing Travis once he got out of the shower or she put it in her pocket. When she bent over Travis at the end of the hallway to cut his throat she let go of the camera to use both hands, or it fell out of her pocket when she bent over to cut his throat.

She did use a flash earlier, in the photos at 5:24:40, 5:24:52 and 5:24:56. I personally don't believe he was taking an actual shower, nor do I believe he was posing voluntarily. Remember, she had to get out of there before his roommates came home and the shower pics don't even begin until 5:22. That entire sequence was her denouement.

Your theory about the camera is interesting. I agree the pic at 5:31:14 was just after she stabbed him the first time and he pushed her back. I, too, doubted the last two photos could have been taken while the camera was on the floor until I watched Detective Melendez' testimony and saw his demonstration in court. One of the mods here said the camera was deep in the hallway. JA had to have taken them by accident, with her foot. Those last two photos were taken upside down. I would like to see a demonstration recreating how those final two shots were taken.

True but he tried to get off it too and was told no by the court.
Have you read the court minutes? IMO, he didn't try very hard, and used it more to get his accelerated rate of $225/hr rather than the state pay.
He was appointed very early, and IMO could have gotton out early if he had really wanted to.
Waiting until it's too late seems like a likely excuse to me.
JUST MY OPINION

Where's Steely with our warning about no skanks?!

G&A Mom,
I don't know how to bring your post over from the last thread in your answer to me. I was not speaking of posters at the Jodi Arias support site. I was speaking of posters on this site. That is what's surprising to me. I don't read her support site. That is for the crazies.

Which I don't know how that got into evidence because there was not one magazine or anything on a computer to verify that, only the word of a liar? Yet many people could testify to her stalker escapades and that is not allowed in? It just makes me so mad that Travis's name is getting thrown in front of the bus and his family has to live with this.

It didn't get into evidence. There is only her testimony to this.

Am I understanding this right? The list must be for the rebuttal, right? Do they have to turn over that list to the DT? But the DT does NOT get to depose the. Is that correct?

The defense's motion is that the information was not properly and timely disclosed under the Rules (as you would expect). I'm sure the State's response is that it was in rebuttal based on her testimony about the gas/gas cans. I don't think the defense is looking to depose them, but only to get any written records in the State's possession before they're called to testify. I'm guessing they're custodian of records type witnesses rather than eyewitnesses, although I could be wrong about that since one of them is located in Selinas

I was reading a little while ago on the Justice for Travis site on FB... someone there posted that the State was not able to show every single crime scene photo/autopsy photo of Travis' butchered and bloodied body because it was deemed as too prejudicial!
Someone. please tell me that is not true!

ITA.

It really does suck to see TA dragged through the mud while her rights protected left, right and center when she's the one who murdered him.

Not a chance anyone on that jury will believe the pedophile bs- the cops do a sweep and find absolutely nothing anywhere, including the deleted files. That put up against the words of a lying liar who lies, who'd do anything to save her fugly ***? No worries there. :)

Speaking of the new crime scene photos, my guess would be that they weren't allowed into evidence. Which really bothers me with a non sequestered jury out there. I know they are suppose to avoid the case but with all the media coverage imagine how hard that has to be. I really think that in a high profile case like this the jury needs to be sequestered.

I'm behind. What new crime scene photos? Link?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro