Jodi Arias Murder Trial - the defense continues it's case in chief-*Weekend* #89

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of the new crime scene photos, my guess would be that they weren't allowed into evidence. Which really bothers me with a non sequestered jury out there. I know they are suppose to avoid the case but with all the media coverage imagine how hard that has to be. I really think that in a high profile case like this the jury needs to be sequestered.

If the system is truly fair and honest, I do not believe any jury should be sequestered. Nor do I believe any evidence should be kept from the jury. Lay it all out there, the good and the bad, and the jury will figure it out.
The Oj jury was sequestered. He walked. The Anthony jury was sequestered. She walked. I say let them watch TV! Let them read the news. Let them see everything the prosecution and defense can come up with. If they do, they will convict JA of premeditated murder.

Have you read the court minutes? IMO, he didn't try very hard, and used it more to get his accelerated rate of $225/hr rather than the state pay.
He was appointed very early, and IMO could have gotton out early if he had really wanted to.
Waiting until it's too late seems like a likely excuse to me.
JUST MY OPINION

I have not read the minutes and maybe I need to, but my understanding is that he was first brought into the case as an advisor when she was trying to defend herself and then assigned to take over when she bowed out, at which point he petitioned the court to be released from the case.

Have you read the court minutes? IMO, he didn't try very hard, and used it more to get his accelerated rate of $225/hr rather than the state pay.
He was appointed very early, and IMO could have gotton out early if he had really wanted to.
Waiting until it's too late seems like a likely excuse to me.
JUST MY OPINION

That's another thing that bothers me attorneys use to have to take a couple of pro bono cases a year, in Fl anyway. I think now only 1% of attorneys take pro bono cases.

So do I. To me he is kind of a pathetic figure in all this. He wanted off the case, he was stuck with it. She lied to him for years, she tried to get other witnesses to lie to him. Now, here he is, stuck in this debacle, knowing everything he does will likely be questioned for the next 20 years. That can't feel good.

If she gets death, is Nurmi required to do the appeals? I don't like him but I do feel sorry for him having to deal with her. That other lawyer, the woman, ugh, her snippy attitude towards Mr. Martinez makes me think she's been around Jodi too long.

If she gets death, is Nurmi required to do the appeals? I don't like him but I do feel sorry for him having to deal with her. That other lawyer, the woman, ugh, her snippy attitude towards Mr. Martinez makes me think she's been around Jodi too long.

No, he will not handle the appeals.

I have not read the minutes and maybe I need to, but my understanding is that he was first brought into the case as an advisor when she was trying to defend herself and then assigned to take over when she bowed out, at which point he petitioned the court to be released from the case.
It was much earlier. I know the first two assigned got off fairly early, and I believe Nurmi was next in line some time along with Victoria Washington (who also got off).

As far as I remember no, unless he wants to, which would be nuts.

I was reading a little while ago on the Justice for Travis site on FB... someone there posted that the State was not able to show every single crime scene photo/autopsy photo of Travis' butchered and bloodied body because it was deemed as too prejudicial!
Someone. please tell me that is not true!

I can believe it. I would vigorously disagree with any such ruling, but I know it happens. IIRC the defense even made a motion to refrain from calling Mr. Alexander the Victim because that would be too prejudicial. (It was denied IIRC) :what:

Hopefully Jodi's secret magazine message will be dealt with during the rebuttal case. Mr. Martinez asked Jodi if she was trying to get someone to lie on the stand for her.

If it all comes together this will help seal Jodi's fate.

Perhaps Samuels can be asked about this behavior and how it meshes with his PTSD theory.

"You *advertiser censored**ed up what you told my attorney the next day directly contradicts what I've been saying for over a year. Get down here ASAP and see me before you talk to them again and before you testify so we can fix this. Interview was excellent! Must talk ASAP!"

I can believe it. I would vigorously disagree with any such ruling, but I know it happens. IIRC the defense even made a motion to refrain from calling Mr. Alexander the Victim because that would be too prejudicial. (It was denied IIRC) :what:

I'm surprised the <modsnip> didn't attempt to say TA fell on the knife 29 times. :banghead:

How much longer do we think the trial will go on? I know it's as good as anyone's guess, but do we have any estimates?

Will the DT be calling another witness (domestic violence expert)?

How much longer do we think the trial will go on? I know it's as good as anyone's guess, but do we have any estimates?

Will the DT be calling another witness (domestic violence expert)?

I'm thinking 3 weeks? What do you say?

Brought this over from the other

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladonna
Did anyone just hear NG. She claims the defense didn't turn over at least two hundred crime scene photos in a timely manner during Discovery. She claims the state had only an hour to view the photos, and had the defense pulled this it would have been grounds for a mistrial.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How could this be ! If anyone would know and have access it would be estaban flores?

OMGosh, the number of motions they filed!! So many of them seemed totally frivolous. Many were before they even declared it a DP case, so no excuse there.
I really wish someone would compile a list of his motions to see them all in black and white. He tried everything known including getting fingerprints disallowed.

Well, there goes my plan to post the next couple of scenes for my own Jodicentric Lifetime movie! I'll be danged if I give them any ideas for their version.... in fact, I think I'll get on the horn to Joey Jackson to make sure my "intellectual property" is protected (I need an excuse to call him - I have a crush!).

I think I've developed a crush too! His smile is so infectious! :blushing:

I was reading a little while ago on the Justice for Travis site on FB... someone there posted that the State was not able to show every single crime scene photo/autopsy photo of Travis' butchered and bloodied body because it was deemed as too prejudicial!
Someone. please tell me that is not true!

That happens in every murder trial, you can't show every single picture that is taken because it is too prejudicial.
It is very common so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

:furious:

All of these rights for the murderer, that is so not fair in so many ways!!!
What about Travis, the victim, the real victim!!! Does he have any rights???

Well, there goes my plan to post the next couple of scenes for my own Jodicentric Lifetime movie! I'll be danged if I give them any ideas for their version.... in fact, I think I'll get on the horn to Joey Jackson to make sure my "intellectual property" is protected (I need an excuse to call him - I have a crush!).

I thought of you as soon as I read this! I thought your script was :floorlaugh:

(JJ is awesome!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members