Jodi Arias Murder Trial - the defense continues it's case in chief-*Weekend* #89

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised Gus is able to talk to the media about the case while the trial is still going on. Doesn't seem right to me.

He was excused as a witness, so he can speak his nonsense to whomever will listen.

bombshell! The state vs jodi arias fb page has photos of the 2 motions (walmart & tesoro related). It says jm turned over an email from tesoro stating that after a records check, all 3 purchasers were for gas! Also execs from both companies were added to the witness list. So i assume dt wants to exclude these because it just came it but can't jm argue that she just lied about these things? Do any lawyers know?

I'm in my phone & don't know how to link. Sorry.

awesome!!!
ja-tesarowalmart01.jpg

ja-tesarowalmart02.jpg

So I'm not sure if someone already noticed this, but Tawnidilly on YouTube posted a video of opening arguments with video and sound. Just FYI is anyone wants to watch with video. Love watching Juan!

Sorry Mods if I'm not allowed to post this. Please remove if that is the case.

I'm surprised Gus is able to talk to the media about the case while the trial is still going on. Doesn't seem right to me.

I've been saying the same thing. I don't think all this media coverage is good when you have a jury walking around not sequestered. IMO it has to be almost impossible not to hear something. People in the courtroom know what they look like. They can't watch anything on t.v. or go on the internet or talk to family or friends about this. I think they should be sequestered.

When it gets complicated is when the jury gets the instructions, because I know when I served on a couple of juries we spent a lot of time arguing over what the instructions meant. The instructions said something like( not verbatim) if you don't believe any part of the testimony then you must disregard all the testimony.

It's nothing to do with instructions. She's claiming self defense. For the court to limit any testimony that is foundational to self defense would be grounds for appeal.

When it gets complicated is when the jury gets the instructions, because I know when I served on a couple of juries we spent a lot of time arguing over what the instructions meant. The instructions said something like( not verbatim) if you don't believe any part of the testimony then you must disregard all the testimony.

BBM

That can't be right.

I thought of you as soon as I read this! I thought your script was :floorlaugh:

(JJ is awesome!)

Thanks!

Where has Joey Jackson been all my life? Last time I was so enamored by a lawyer on TV was during the OJ trial - a smooth talking handsome guy named Al. Does anyone remember him? He may have either been on Court TV or Geraldo.

Anyone have acess to the FB motions or whatever nurmi is trying to keep out
I'm so sick of him trying to exclude important stuff

Originally Posted by Quester [ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9047713#post9047713"]
viewpost.gif
[/ame]
Exclusive: Lifetime Plots Movie Based on the [JA] Trial
http://www.victorpost.com/tvguide/x1...di-Arias-Trial

I wonder who will play Kati cool lady!

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

bbm

I'm hoping they will let her direct it!!!
icon10.gif

BBM

That can't be right.

The impeachment instruction is that if you don't believe any one part of a witness' testimony, you MAY choose to disregard all of his/her testimony.

Hopefully Jodi's secret magazine message will be dealt with during the rebuttal case. Mr. Martinez asked Jodi if she was trying to get someone to lie on the stand for her.

I still say Matt M will show up in rebuttal. Either he himself or some kind of proof will be shown about all that.... and who knows what else. I can't imagine Juan bringing that up and dropping it with no further explanation if there weren't more to come. :twocents:

btw, the motion to compel Walmart and Tesoro records and the "001" designation taken to mean the state was bugging me, so I looked at the court records today. It's the defense's motion and the State recently supplemented its witness list to include a person from each -- like within the last week.

YAY! Thanks for posting this info Karmady!

:great:

Again? Thought there was quite a bit of discussion weeks ago about him either recalling the wrong date or totally fabricating this due to lack of phone records proving it? Also with all her attempts to cover up the fact she had ever gone to AZ, this is highly doubtful.

Just surprised he's still telling that same story.

:waitasec:

MOO

He has yet to produce those phone records. I blame the media for continuing to have him on their programs without proof. As JB once said, "Who are you going to believe, me, or your eyes???

"And if I'm convicted, it's because of my own bad CHOICES in the beginning." (Arias)
Do you thing Samuels would argue she had a "choice" if she couldn't remember because of PTSD?
Oops doc.

btw, the motion to compel Walmart and Tesoro records and the "001" designation taken to mean the state was bugging me, so I looked at the court records today. It's the defense's motion and the State recently supplemented its witness list to include a person from each -- like within the last week.

Where can I access the State's witness list for rebuttal?

Karmady - where does one find the rebuttal witness list ? Or is part of the total witness list for the prosection ?

Where can I access the State's witness list for rebuttal?
I'd like that too, as well as the DT witness list. I think you can get a copy by going to the courtroom, but IDK if anyone has.
I just want to make sure Alyce is the only other one on the DT list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member