Jodi Arias Murder Trial - the defense continues it's case in chief-*Weekend* #89

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm not sure if someone already noticed this, but Tawnidilly on YouTube posted a video of opening arguments with video and sound. Just FYI is anyone wants to watch with video. Love watching Juan!

Sorry Mods if I'm not allowed to post this. Please remove if that is the case.

:great: Been waiting for the video of this forever!!!

BTW, it's fine to post the videos here :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGbxNwJQR90"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGbxNwJQR90[/ame]

BBM

That can't be right.

Well have you ever served jury duty? The instructions are the game changer. I would always get picked because I'm a paralegal. I quit working for the d.a. because of all the behind the scenes stuff going on. I would leave the jury room shaking. I believe I have PTSD because of it.

So I'm not sure if someone already noticed this, but Tawnidilly on YouTube posted a video of opening arguments with video and sound. Just FYI is anyone wants to watch with video. Love watching Juan!

Sorry Mods if I'm not allowed to post this. Please remove if that is the case.

I like this video of JM's opening statement.

http://www.kpho.com/video?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=8597432

ETA: lol, oh it's the same video. I couldn't find it on youtube before!

Which I don't know how that got into evidence because there was not one magazine or anything on a computer to verify that, only the word of a liar? Yet many people could testify to her stalker escapades and that is not allowed in? It just makes me so mad that Travis's name is getting thrown in front of the bus and his family has to live with this.

From what I understand, the DA can say whatever they want in their opening statement (I learned this in the KC trial), they don't have to prove it or ever mention it again. Usually, sane and normal people on a jury, will expect to get some proof, explanation when such statements are made...Sometimes, they're so un-interested in what the trial is about, that they don't care if there is proof or not.

moo

I've been saying the same thing. I don't think all this media coverage is good when you have a jury walking around not sequestered. IMO it has to be almost impossible not to hear something. People in the courtroom know what they look like. They can't watch anything on t.v. or go on the internet or talk to family or friends about this. I think they should be sequestered.

All the Jury has to do is avoid cable news channels and their local media. I am totally against sequestration after seeing two debacles with sequestered jurors. Also believe, especially in a case where the defendant is admitting to the crime, albeit self-defense, unnecessary.

:)

MOO

Bombshell! The State Vs Jodi Arias FB page has photos of the 2 motions (Walmart & Tesoro related). It says JM turned over an email from Tesoro stating that after a records check, all 3 purchasers were for gas! Also execs from both companies were added to the witness list. So I assume DT wants to exclude these because it just came it but can't JM argue that she just lied about these things? Do any lawyers know?

I'm in my phone & don't know how to link. Sorry.

Ha! how 'bout that 3rd gas can now, Jodi? Are you sure you returned it to Walmart and got a cash refund? She and her DT will come up with something, like she used empty milk cartons for gas.... you know, just in case she were to run out in the middle of no where. :juggle:

Probably sometime next month considering there WILL BE a penalty phase.

:please:

MOO

How much longer do we think the trial will go on? I know it's as good as anyone's guess, but do we have any estimates?

Will the DT be calling another witness (domestic violence expert)?

Good question. Including the penalty phase I'm gonna guess first week of May.

Anyone else have a guess?

Gus Searcy on Greta Van Sustern, Fox, right now. He is saying Travis was abusive and Jodi is his friend. And Greta is eating it up.
Okay Greta, that's it. Won't watch you anymore!
And of course Gus is ONLY able to report this by what Arias told him ... guaranteed he has no photos of abuse or has never seen an altercation between them. Hmm ... has the defense asked him about this abuse ?

I still say Matt M will show up in rebuttal. Either he himself or some kind of proof will be shown about all that.... and who knows what else. I can't imagine Juan bringing that up and dropping it with no further explanation if there weren't more to come. :twocents:

JA was reading something last week that was upsetting her before she took the stand. She was reading and crying? at the same time so I wonder if that was the e-mails, or maybe Matt's depot

The impeachment instruction is that if you don't believe any one part of a witness' testimony, you MAY choose to disregard all of his/her testimony.

Yeah. I was trying to be nice since the last time I challenged someone's post I was called a bully. :facepalm:

JA was reading something last week that was upsetting her before she took the stand. She was reading and crying? at the same time so I wonder if that was the e-mails, or maybe Matt's depot

they were her "suicide letters" that she had sent to her grandmother, to be distributed to her family at some time in November 2008.

It's nothing to do with instructions. She's claiming self defense. For the court to limit any testimony that is foundational to self defense would be grounds for appeal.

The instructions explain the law of self defense. Arizona is a Stand Your Ground State. So the instruction will explain that. The jurors have to decide what is truth and what is lies.

http://www.saclaw.lib.ca.us/pages/jury-instructions.aspx

Karmady - where does one find the rebuttal witness list ? Or is part of the total witness list for the prosection ?

I don't know whether it's out there elsewhere, but if you're starting at ground zero you have to actually go to the court and search the electronic records. The records on the internet docket show you what's there for the most part, but the computers actually in the courthouse allow you to review the associated documents. So, for example, you can see the motion to compel on the docket, but if you go to the courthouse, you can see the actual motion. If you want a copy, you have to pay.

lol, after all those days NOW it's on FB :::sigh:::

So that's what the photo of the knives that NG showed was all about. Next time her program is repeated on HLN I will pay closer attention at the end.

:)

It is on right now.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

If the system is truly fair and honest, I do not believe any jury should be sequestered. Nor do I believe any evidence should be kept from the jury. Lay it all out there, the good and the bad, and the jury will figure it out.
The Oj jury was sequestered. He walked. The Anthony jury was sequestered. She walked. I say let them watch TV! Let them read the news. Let them see everything the prosecution and defense can come up with. If they do, they will convict JA of premeditated murder.
Too lengthy to respond to right now, but sequestration is NOT the reason OJ and Casey Anthony were acquitted. There were multiple problems in both cases, including jury selection.

omg, what an amazing film... definitely be prepared to cry. ty to whoever mentioned it. (available through netflix streaming video)

Good question. Including the penalty phase I'm gonna guess first week of May.

Anyone else have a guess?
I think the rebuttal case will about 3 times as long as Juan's CIC - I'm guessing August if Nurmi gets to cross. uugghh
Any legal eagles here - DOES nurmi get to cross the rebuttal witnesses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member