Jodi Arias Murder Trial - the defense continues it's case in chief-*Weekend* #89

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I'm sorry. I mean soap suds. Proof that he was actually in that shower to clean himself off. I don't see him doing things people do in a shower. He's not using soap. There are no soap suds on his body.

Does anyone see soap suds on his body as if he is actually USING shampoo or soap in these pictures? It looks like he was in the shower for about 8 minutes. No soap suds in sight.
There's quite a bit of time between the pictures. Maybe JA didn't feel the soapy shots were "artistic"?

Just want to add that I don't believe that he even knew she was there.

moo

We have way too many sociopaths in our society. Why isn't more research done to detect and why isn't some type of treatment researched more aggressively.

I was married to one for almost 20 years, I will never recover from his wrath. My daughter as been diagnosed as bipolar and in great part I truly believe it's his fault, if not genetically but from the trauma of living in such a home. My life has not been easy.

I have followed the Casey Anthony trial from when CA first was on TV telling us about her missing granddaughter. I had no doubts about FCA's guilt, as I do not have a doubt about JA, or should I say I do not believe it was self defense as she admitted to the killing. FCA another sociopath let free to roam our world with no treatment and no incarceration. I really have to say that I am afraid that this "creature" JA will be let free.

The system has let me down more times than I can count and I have truly lost all my faith in our legal system. It's say anything, do anything to get away with what you have done and you must pray that the people listening and responsible, don't have somewhere to go or something to do and come up with the right verdict.

I watch with bated breath. I hope, I pray that this time will restore my faith. This world is a mess.

I thought the same at first but recently this case seemed to have gone 'viral' for a lack of a better word. People I know that don't keep up with criminal cases have started asking about it in the last three weeks or so. Of course they knew if anyone knew about it I would.:)

It really has been the case to knock CA out of the number one spot.

Even CA didn't have her own show created just for her as Arias has on HLN. That is a first I think and the reason for it is they are having great ratings by carrying this trial and anything about Jodi Arias and the victim Travis Alexander.

'After Dark' was the top rated show on cable news at 10pm. So millions are very interested in this case. I can understand. It is one of the most compelling and also chilling murder cases to come along in recent history. Also so many agree that Arias is a psychopath and its rare to see one testify.

This case is one of the saddest, senseless, and gruesome. Yet it has been fascinating to watch the defendant testify. And what I have enjoyed the most is seeing the best Prosecutor I've ever seen in action as he brings justice.

IMO

I think a lot of people are fascinated with this case because we are literally watching 'evil unplugged.' Live. I have never seen anything like JA. From her behavior during cross to her 48 hrs. interview, I think she is unlike any defendant ever seen, including Bundy. I saw more humanity in Bundy, Ridgway, and BTK than I have in this gal, and it is scary.

She is the dawn of a new breed of evil. I pray this demon get death.

I'm always hesitant to mention times because I'm quite challenged in this area as well!!

On Monday, court is scheduled to start at 10:15 AZ time, which would be 1:15 EDT on the East Coast. I believe the first order of business is the hearing that got cancelled on Friday (about the "expert"). I think the jury is sheduled to come in after lunch.
I thought the Judge said 10:30, but in the minutes it states court starts at 10:00. And those are the minutes for Thursday, so I'm going to be ready just in case.

IMO, Arias would have known of this checkpoint in 2007-08, even though of it she claims no knowledge. To drive from Mesa to Las Vegas, she would have gone through the checkpoint. PPL conferences were held in Las Vegas and I'd bet she traveled that route more than one time in her attempt with Travis to see the important Mormon sites.

IIRC didn't she drive to Las Vegas to chill out with ole Gus

And I believe this is the way Jodi acted most of the time. Strange and odd. She was bored stiff because the conversation wasn't about her. He told her she didn't care about anyone but herself in one of his text messages. If she was the center of attention then everything was hunky doorie but if not then she was spaced out somewhere in la la land. That's why she complained Travis didn't give her enough attention. What she really meant he acted normal and talked with everyone not just Jodi and she hated that he did.

That is why every one of his friends could tell she was soulless with no warmth coming from her eyes. But in so many situations the one in the middle of the relationship is the last to see what everyone else has seen for a long time.

Travis did finally recognize how dangerous she was and tried hard to break it off with her. She was having none of it. She would show him what happens when he dared to stand up to her and she did show him.:( Imo, Travis was through with JA. He would have never contacted her again and that is why she knew she had to show up unannounced on June 4th to end it her way.

IMO

wasn't there a check on ta's desk from jodi. was it established she used car payment to get into see him that night?

From her own testimony, the answer would be "no". And if she were receiving treatment, wouldn't her defense have tried to use this to their advantage?
Yes. Yes of course they would have used it as part of her defence but it didn't happen...

moo

I'm trying to remember - did Nurmi ask Jodi about the gas cans at all on redirect?

There's quite a bit of time between the pictures. Maybe JA didn't feel the soapy shots were "artistic"?

moo

I think so, too. She could have been in the hallway taking pictures without the flash. Seems as if the hallway may have been dark, late afternoon because Travis did have the overhead lights on near the shower. So it is possible he was unaware until the end when he spotted her.

I'm not so sure there is a label for Jodi. Frankly, I think she is just an evil woman who hides it behind this meek and demure facade. I think she knows exactly what she's doing, what she's being asked and the tone in which the questions are being asked (that's in reference to the member who talked about Jodi being confused by the jurors' intonations)

I think when you're this evil it's like throwing a switch and tuning out. She totally lacks empathy. In fact, she's apathetic. She doesn't care. The ONLY thing she cares about is being believed in her cockamamie stories. I don't even know if she truly cares about her fate. I don't think she's capable of futuristic forecasting. For she lives in the moment. Now that might sound like a great Zen-like trait to behold but not in her case. Jodi is calculating so she's constantly scheming and convincing (herself and others)

This sociopathic or PTSD diagnoses are just smoke screens set up by the Defense which is something they do over and over again with murder cases. They first try to plead insanity then when that doesn't work, they try a plea deal. And when THAT gets rejected by the State, they start tossing out medical maladies and hope something resonates with a juror or two.

But not here. Not with Jodi Arias jurors. The worse (or best) thing she did was, take the stand so everyone was privy to see the real twisted evil soul-less person who committed this horrific murder.

No one is feeling an iota of sympathy for this inmate. Her indignant and arrogant behavior is surely pissing off this jury and the preamble of the expert witnesses and long-winded questioning of Nurmi, ain't helping either.

I was never pro death penalty. And I'm still not but I can't imagine a fairer punishment in the name of justice in this case.

Excellent post! As a commentator said, she's not insane, she is evil. :jail:

moo

I thought there was like 6 to 12 seconds between pictures until the last few?

I do believe he knew she was taking the pictures. He has a glass shower door. It's logical to close it when alone taking a shower. The first thing that happens when you close a door like that (and water is running) is that the glass gets wet and it fogs up. Because he had to know the shower door was open while he was in the shower, he had to know she was photographing him.

Bubbles are the sexiest part of shower pictures. Jodi should know that. :blushing:

I have an idea that he knew about it, but in that photo where he was looking over his shoulder, (shocked and pissed) was when he turned and saw she had the gun and maybe some duct tape in her hands. I think she made him duct tape his hands in the shower while he was sitting down. I believe that's where the longer gaps in times between the pics occur. I think she let her guard down maybe exchanged the gun for the knife to help him cut and secure the duct tape in place.

That's when he saw his chance to charge her, and she stabbed him for the first time. I think he was shot last.

Oh thank you! Geeesh... I'm more screwed up than I thought. I've been thinking it was Sunday all day! .... Blushing....

I think Mark's tweet hit you harder than you thought!!

:floorlaugh: :hot: :heartbeat:

I'm trying to remember - did Nurmi ask Jodi about the gas cans at all on redirect?

Yes, because he asked her if she could have "topped off" her tank with that last receipt for gas. He went over all the receipts.

One final question before bed...
Can sociopaths even experience PTSD?..?
Doesn't that imply that they would have been able to experience stress in the first place?
I thought for the most part they mimic emotions, lack empathy and are generally "acting" on a day to day basis...
I would think that a sociopath such as JA would only stress when caught out in her lies...and this would have nothing to do with her ability to remember the crime itself....her stress would be only about the impacts on herself (ie. the creepy need to acquire her makeup)
Wouldn't a supposedly renowned psychologist such as Samuels recognize this...I mean, for the most part, we as lay people and ordinary citizens can recognize this....to me it is more than troubling that he can't (or won't).....
You have to question why....
You make a very interesting point. The one I knew, never stressed. He would become agitated at times but almost always when he felt his "supply" might be cut off. Blood, gore, scary movies, etc...Nothing affected him. He liked going to funerals. I think it was because it made him seem "human". I never saw him cry once.

moo

I think a lot of people are fascinated with this case because we are literally watching 'evil unplugged.' Live. I have never seen anything like JA. From her behavior during cross to her 48 hrs. interview, I think she is unlike any defendant ever seen, including Bundy. I saw more humanity in Bundy, Ridgway, and BTK than I have in this gal, and it is scary.

She is the dawn of a new breed of evil. I pray this demon get death.

She's not a new breed, they are everywhere and have always been. You have met them and just don't know what they are capable of. They are husbands and wives, shop owners, CEO's. They are quite charming and well liked at casual meetings. They are invisible except to those who are closest to them or to those they wish to destroy. They are the scariest people on earth for just those reasons.

My fascination is because I have met one, lived with one, up close and personal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee