Jodi Arias Murder Trial - the defense continues it's case in chief-*Weekend* #89

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
O/T. I have a cat that is 20. My animals seem to live a long time I guess. Anyway the dog I was talking about was named laser. We named our radio station after him. I miss him so much. I also worry about Napoleon, somebody said he was with the sister and then somebody said he was with a friend. I have a feeling if Napoleon was in a shelter he wouldn't have a problem getting adopted. I'll take him.

Travis had made plans for Napoleon in case anything happened to him. In his will he gave him to Deanna Reid. Some posted the other day that he was blind and deaf now.

I used to read true crime books a lot-- many killers seem to do this, but I think they were men. I've traveled alone or with a baby across states to visit family or follow the husband when he had to go ahead first. I was scared senseless and this was more than 20 years ago.
Was Jodi shaking like a Chihuahua when she was driving at night, alone, all those miles?

This depends on the individual. I'm from Texas and went to college in upstate NY, I drove cross country by myself four times a year, and I would have no compunction doing it today.

My point comparing my life to JA and TA is that they are not done, until THEY are done. She would not, could not leave him be. She needed to destroy him unless he gave her what she wanted. It's clear. TA allowed her back in his world (big mistake) and she was never going to leave. She did what came naturally to her and here we are.

I am shocked that, that quack, could not see that. Maybe he did. In further thought, the man is into bartering, I wonder what JA bartered (not teeth I'm sure) to gain his sympathy and false diagnois.

I missed Jodi confessing to taking a shower after the murder.

I saw it. It made me catch my breath and wait for more but Juan moved on. From what I remember he said you took a shower in the shower you put Travis in didn't you and she said yes. And he moved on to something else. I couldn't tell if he was asking if she showered with him IN there or just saying she showered in the same shower she put his body.

Apparently Travis left him to an ex girlfriend in his will. (Know it is strange for such a young man to have a will, but remember, he worked for pre-paid legal.)

Do you know if he left anything to Jodi? Maybe he told her he was taking her out of will and it infuriated her? I had to do a will for paralegal school but never made it official, something to put on the things I gotta get done list.

And mine got sent to prison for awhile. ;) I am positively convinced the only things that stop a psychopath are a new target, incarceration, or death. Nothing else seems to ever deter them from their primary target.

what about senior citizen psychopaths? is the behavior the same?

I think he's a pug? ( Someone correct me if not.). I'm not familiar with their standard lifespan.

mine lived to 10, but I think to around 11-13, if kept healthy. Mine had bladder-kidney problems when I got her, I think she had something go wrong with spayed her. I loved that old girl so much, pugs have a mind of their own. I'm sure Naps had a clue of the evil in Jodi.

Dr D just advertised "never before seen photos of Arias and Travis the day the met".
Hmmm, I wouldn't mind seeing that.

That's the only photo I saw. I have never seen a gate like it. It seems as if that gate was made for that side of the house. I thought it was a gate that went at the bottom of the stairs. It also would be hard to prove that
Travis didn't say to put up the fence. Then again if the dog was real active he could take that gate out or jump over it.

Me too. When I saw it my first thought was the dog must be really good not to jump over that short little fence. Napoleon is a pug, and they aren't very tall, but I was just amazed the dog wouldn't clear it.

Do you know if he left anything to Jodi? Maybe he told her he was taking her out of will and it infuriated her? I had to do a will for paralegal school but never made it official, something to put on the things I gotta get done list.

No, I don't know.

I saw it. It made me catch my breath and wait for more but Juan moved on. From what I remember he said you took a shower in the shower you put Travis in didn't you and she said yes. And he moved on to something else. I couldn't tell if he was asking if she showered with him IN there or just saying she showered in the same shower she put his body.

Looking at your sunbathing picture and it took me a minute before I got it. lol How true it is.

Jodi said "it is not fair!" that she won't get to see her brothers and sisters, then remembers to add Travis' siblings won't get to see him anymore either. But, she knows Travis is doing just fine and even though, his siblings and friends will hurt "temporarily" , they will be okay because Travis is in a better place.
Who is Jodi to judge when Travis' family and friends grief end or what Travis or his children could have been? evil, evil witch.

Thank you for explaining that! She's such a freak!

I think about when this trial is over and she's sent to prison how all the attention will be gone and she'll be on her own. She'll no longer have a defense team (God willing) hanging on her every word. No more experts. Visits from supporters will be few and far between as she will no longer be so accessible. If she's on death row, she'll live a pathetic and solitary life. If not, she'll have to contend with the general population. Good luck there. Maybe Bobbi Sue "Moose" McButcherson will crown her Miss Hooha Perryville some day and she can revel in her prison celebrity.

Did she win the jail version of jail idle? If so she could go for prison idle.

I had a dog that lived to be 17 so he would have still been 12 which is old for dogs. He could have been born with bad vision or hearing there is no set standard. I would have to know how old the dog is and what his medical history is.

My doggie Sam ..the one in my profile passed away the day of my hubbies funeral. Sam loved that man as much as I did. The vet said Sam died of a broken heart.

I thought I was goona pass too..it hurt so bad. We had another doggie named Candy...i had to keep going for her. She.would hear a dog bark that sounded like Sam and she would cry.

Pets are hurting when their owners pass. It hurts them so much. Imo

I had a dog that lived to be 17 so he would have still been 12 which is old for dogs. He could have been born with bad vision or hearing there is no set standard. I would have to know how old the dog is and what his medical history is.

Different breeds do have different life span estimates... iIrc, pugs drew one of the lucky straws on this one. My St. Bernard did not (but she passed the 'norm' anyway). I think pugs, Boston Terriers, Frenchies, Pekingese can live into their 20's - if their other health issues don't interfere.

ETA: I'M WRONG!
Must have mixed my breeds up. I know there is a breed that lives particularly long - I thought it was pugs, but apparently not. I thought the fact that Travis had Naps in his will attested to this fact, but no - he was just looking out for his little guy no matter what his lifespan might be. :)

Maybe Chihuahuas? Anyway - this post is NOT accurate! (Except for the St. Bernard part) :)

What did Jodi just do with the paper?? Jodi palms a paper in court while attorneys at sidebar. - YouTube
Just watched this clip on YouTube. Anyone else see this? I wonder what that sneaky thing is up to.

She appears to have something in her (L) hand while using her (R) hand to turn back and possibly tear off a piece of notepaper. Then she seems to take only part of what is in her left hand and discards it off to her right and whatever is remaining, she places in front of her laptop?

Wow I hadn't heard that.

I re-watched some trial footage today where she told JM that she enjoyed the sex and when he asked if it was consensual she not only said yes, but turned to the jury and said, "Always". Maybe this is the first time she is telling the truth...therefore I believe her desk sexcapade did not happen the way she described it to Nurmi (as sort of out of her control)...if at all. JMO

I know I won't be able to find the exact quote, but she also said that everything they did was mutual (her word) and that would never go beyond what she was comfortable with. He would "always" STOP if she was uncomfortable, etc.

I hope the jury is reminded of all this at some point...

Several days ago dh and I watched a 2010 documentary we'd gotten from the library. As ususal, there were previews first, one for a movie based on a true story in England in the late 1970s. A young, male Mormon missionary was kidnapped by a gun-toting, blond bombshell (former Miss Wyoming), taken to a secure location, and raped...by her. Google "Mormon Man in Chains Case" for details. Miss Wyoming herself promotes the movie in all her giggly, 60ish sex kitten glory.

"She (Joyce McKinney) and Keith May (Joyce McKinney's Friend & Accomplice) jumped bail, allegedly dressed as nuns, escaping to Canada on false passports while pretending to be deaf-mute mime artists."

Joyce McKinney is a strange lady! The man that made this documentary is known for his docu-film "The Fog of War." It is stated that Joyce McKinney enjoys disguising herself, sneaking into premieres of the documentary made about her, then jumping up at the end yelling at the theater crowd, "I'm Joyce McKinney."

Oh my! I do feel bad for Kirk Anderson. She was arrested for stalking him six years after she kidnapped him - who knows if Anderson has been able to find any peace from this nut! Perhaps it is because the weight of Travis Alexander's murder is so heavy - reading about / watching Joyce McKinney did make me giggle.

Again, poor Kirk Anderson! He went to England to get away from her - she got two men to go with her to England, use a fake gun to kidnap Kirk Anderson as he was working in a church, took Anderson to house that she rented, burned his magic underwear, handcuffed him to a bed (spread eagle with a 10 foot chain), and had sex with him:

"McKinney says she had made up the bed with blue silk sheets with Anderson’s initials on them. She then attempted to relax him with a cinnamon oil back rub.
McKinney recalls in the film how she ripped off and burned what she describes as his special ‘magic’ Mormon underwear with its protective ‘occultic symbols’.
She says: ‘There was only one way to make Kirk get out of Mormonism, and that was to make love to him . . . because for a Mormon missionary to have a love affair is totally taboo.’
She insists that she never raped him. It’s impossible for a woman to do so, she argues, observing crudely: ‘It’s like trying to put a marshmallow into a parking meter."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966