Jodi Arias Murder Trial - the defense continues it's case in chief-*Weekend* #89

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Talking about alibis one thing has bothered me that I haven't seen discussed. If Jodi went to all the trouble of getting extra gas cans, turning off her phone, license plates etc. so she would not be traced in AZ then why did she 'lose' like 12 hours at Travis' house? Did she plan on killing him during sex [duct tape] but Travis didn't play along and she had to wait til he got in the shower? Seems like she would have planned on an 'in and out' if she was going to use Ryan as an alibi. She probably could have got lost for an hour or two but not 12?

I think she planned to be there a short time to stick with her timeline. But I think once she got there, it took her awhile to calm him down and get him in a vulnerable position. It might have taken her awhile to work up her nerve too. I agree with you, though. I don't think she planned to take that long.

It could be simpler than that. She wanted to make it look like a robbery and just taking the one handgun she wanted and nothing else would look too suspicious. It could be that she grabbed a couple of other random things like the DVD player that were light and easy to carry and just tossed them later.

I don't know what other items were "taken" besides gun, DVD player, and the $30 or whatever she said, but it's kind of silly anyway. Long guns were left and you can buy brand-new DVD players for under $50. What crook is going to go to the trouble of yanking out some wires to take something that's worth next to nothing?

I agree with you. What I was saying is she took the DVD player and $30 just to make it look like more items were taken besides the gun. Of course she left the others guns there and some money too. But if indeed she took the gun and DVD player, maybe she just handed the DVD off to DB's son to get rid of it. Ahead to toss it somewhere but pass off to DB was easy enough.

Maybe she filled the two RED (gas) ones together and the BLUE (kero) separately because she didn't want to be seen putting gas into a kerosene can. I'm not sure but I think it might be illegal for safety reasons?

moo

And she might have wanted an easy way to identify the one to use for her little evidence bonfire in NV vs the ones she needed to return to DB.

Did anyone catch when JA said something about maybe she was wrong about the old fashioned shaving???? I thought it was strange that she would admit to being wrong about anything.

My dad used an old-fashioned cup and brush... (which always made me hungry because it looked like a cup full of whipped cream!), but he didn't use a straight razor. I don't think the brush necessarily indicates the type of razor he used. Just his method of applying the foam/cream.

Hi guys! :seeya: I was just watching Fatal Vows and was reminded of an old case bearing some striking similarities to a lot we've discussed in this trial. I'm sure many of you are familiar but for those who aren't, I dug up the video.

- Many friends lamented over Darryl not leaving his new marriage despite him fearing for his life. Darryl didn't want to be seen a failure so soon after a previous divorce. He also had a lot of money tied up in the home he shared with the wife who would murder him.

- Darryl tried giving a gun he'd found in his wife's room to a police officer, expressing his fear. According to friends, after his murder, that police officer mocked Darryl - a large man - for being afraid of a little female with a gun.

- Della, or Dante as she called herself, had quite a history of clearly psychopathic and violent tendencies - many of which didn't really come to light until after she murdered husband #5, Darryl. She attempted to make it look like a suicide, manipulating the known history of her victim (like most psychopaths) - an established history of depression and psychiatric care.

- Della liked both guns and knives as well. She'd threatened ex-husbands with both. Again many psychopaths are drawn to the power and authority weapons represent. She even hid knives under her mattress then told others she did so only because she feared her husband's failing psychological state. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xwcb4LchXEU

Know what I call *that* 'evidence'? Laughable (were it not so tragic).

Yes, you're right, I know - but the irony is a little hard to take, given that JA has no credibility, no corroboration and nothing believable or proven - EXCEPT for one thing: that she lies extensively, deliberately and easily - to everyone, LE, her own experts, probably her DT... it seems quite apparent that she lies directly to the jury, too.

The accusations against Travis really anger me. Even the tabloids haven't stooped that low. But I know, you're right, I get it. I just don't like it.

This is why I just shake my head when I hear TH's complain about how weak a case is because it is only circumstantial evidence. I totally agree with you!

My belief is Juries take their oath seriously and refrain from watching trial coverage whether on TV or the Internet. I haven't seen any indication otherwise especially in this case. Honestly I cannot imagine having had to listen to JA drone on endlessly in the courtroom that they would want to go home and hear her again.

:doh:

MOO

As much as I would take jury duty seriously (I haven't been called in years), I am not so sure I could control myself. I mean, I am seriously addicted to WS to begin with, and to be on a jury on a case that I knew would be big on WS, could I control the urge to check what was being said? I really don't think I could. I would most likely disclose this problem before being picked for the jury however, since I realize it just isn't right. :blushing: I'm an addict but at least I am self aware :floorlaugh:
I'm not so sure that someone on the jury isn't going home and reading about it, or watching coverage of it. I hope not, but you really just never know.

I don't believe she parked in front of Travis' house, and I'm increasingly doubtful about the times JA claims she arrived and left Travis' house.

If you look through the evidence photos, the one outside Travis's house shows a white car inside the police tape. So if she backed in her white car after taking off the front plate, a casual observer neighbor may not have noticed anything out of place.

As much as I would take jury duty seriously (I haven't been called in years), I am not so sure I could control myself. I mean, I am seriously addicted to WS to begin with, and to be on a jury on a case that I knew would be big on WS, could I control the urge to check what was being said? I really don't think I could. I would most likely disclose this problem before being picked for the jury however, since I realize it just isn't right. :blushing: I'm an addict but at least I am self aware :floorlaugh:
I'm not so sure that someone on the jury isn't going home and reading about it, or watching coverage of it. I hope not, but you really just never know.

Oh it would be torture for me. Not the part about avoiding media but the bit about not discussing it with anyone. I couldn't do it.

On a mission indeed. She drove almost 3,000 miles in under 5-1/2 days and the car had to be reeking of gas And I don't imagine you drive through NV/AZ deserts with the windows rolled down in June.

ITA. And, the most preposterous "gas" story is that she filled up the car TWICE from Pasadena to Mesa, AZ. I live 5 miles from Pasadena and drive to Mesa three times a year to visit my folks. We stop 1 time in Quartzite, AZ in my car that holds 13 gallons, and I only need to put about 6-7 gallons in to fill it up. I could probably make it all the way on one tank if I wanted to chance it.

I believe she shoot him last as per ME testimony about no bleeding from gun shot and I think it was because she didn't understand that he was dead because his body was still making noises and also maybe because she wanted it to appear like there were 2 intruders. jmo

I guess in the long haul, it really doesn’t matter. I’m just trying to make sense of it all. Thank you for the food for thought!

I don't think the Arias case is as big (in terms of publicity/recognition) as the cases you mentioned in your posts. IDK; I am not saying this is the be-all-to-end all of media coverage...but pretty much every huge case has gotten the full cover of People Magazine (even multiple ones)....yet Jodi has only received the side cover with the headline "Mormon Murder Mystery"...It didn't even say her name. Obviously, it's possible she will still get the full cover (like when the verdict comes in) but the fact that she hasn't received it yet does say something to me. And the fact that they didn't even say "Jodi Arias" or even "better", just "Jodi" is also significant.

It's hard for me to really explain...This case has gotten tons of publicity..But for some reason, it doesn't seem as big as past high-profile cases. I think it's possibly because most of the coverage is on HLN and TruTV...so it's easier to avoid?

I thought the same at first but recently this case seemed to have gone 'viral' for a lack of a better word. People I know that don't keep up with criminal cases have started asking about it in the last three weeks or so. Of course they knew if anyone knew about it I would.:)

It really has been the case to knock CA out of the number one spot.

Even CA didn't have her own show created just for her as Arias has on HLN. That is a first I think and the reason for it is they are having great ratings by carrying this trial and anything about Jodi Arias and the victim Travis Alexander.

'After Dark' was the top rated show on cable news at 10pm. So millions are very interested in this case. I can understand. It is one of the most compelling and also chilling murder cases to come along in recent history. Also so many agree that Arias is a psychopath and its rare to see one testify.

This case is one of the saddest, senseless, and gruesome. Yet it has been fascinating to watch the defendant testify. And what I have enjoyed the most is seeing the best Prosecutor I've ever seen in action as he brings justice.

IMO

This might be nothing, or a simple error already discussed/dismissed here, but I noticed on the media/timeline thread that an ABC News reporter live blogging JM's opening statement quoted JM as saying TA was alive at 1:32 PM on June 4 because photos show TA and JA nude, having sex.

We haven't seen any photos of them having sex, and I don't recall seeing any timestamp earlier than 1:42:53.

Could this have any bearing on why the first 15 minutes of the opening statement haven't been available? One YouTube user who posted the rest of the opening statement wrote of legal problems with the excised part.

The defense made a motion in July, 2011, relating to the nude photographs. Is that why some are being held back?

Again, the reporter's notation may have been in error and there may be nothing amiss.

ITA. And, the most preposterous "gas" story is that she filled up the car TWICE from Pasadena to Mesa, AZ. I live 5 miles from Pasadena and drive to Mesa three times a year to visit my folks. We stop 1 time in Quartzite, AZ in my car that holds 13 gallons, and I only need to put about 6-7 gallons in to fill it up. I could probably make it all the way on one tank if I wanted to chance it.

I looked up 2008 Ford Focus on Edmunds earlier. It would easily make that trip on one tank. But she testified that she "had" to stop twice along the way because her car was getting crummy mileage. (I don't believe she kept any of those receipts as I recall.) If she did stop for gas between Pasadena and Mesa, it would likely be because she wanted to top off her car before detouring off the route to SLC.

But that would assume that she'd put the gate up several days before Travis left - so he and the roommates would have to step over it every time they went up and down the stairs... (?).

Having the dog gate up at all makes no sense to me at all (except for JA putting it up before attacking Travis), because with Travis away, his bedroom door would be shut, and the roommates probably kept their doors shut when they weren't home, either - meaning the only restriction the gate would provide would be to the stairs and an upstairs hall.

Why would they do that - and be willing to deal with having to lurch over it all the time?

The only thing that makes sense to me is that JA did it - further proving premeditation.

I don't disagree at all.

I was simply repeating someone else's recollection of the testimony or other explanation regarding the position and use of the gate at the time of the murder and on following days.

The way the connection was made was that one of TA's roommate's GF was to care for Naps from June 4 - June 9, pre-arranged by TA.

This supposition (I believe it was couched that way, thus the use of the words "claimed", "supposedly" and "assumed" or "assumption") was simply that, a supposition.

This was certainly a premeditated murder, and that evidence trail starts much further northwest, well before the lying torture-murderess left Yreka for Mesa, her original intended destination for June 4, 2008.

Regarding Jodi in the interrogation video with Flores from the day she was arrested(head stand day).. Her socio/psychopathy was oozing from her IMO and she was desperate to learn how to correct those tell-tale signs of socio/psychopathy that Flores was pointing out to her that she was void of.. he tells her that her actions/reactions are not normal and that they are clearly indicative of her guilt of the heinous crime.. he speaks about her total lack of any feeling or emotion whatsoever about the victim and the entire heinous slaughtering of the victim..

Flores moves on from this subject, but Jodi very assertively draws him back to the topic and just flat out asks him what those emotions/behaviors/reactions that she is void of ..what they are..as in what is it that normal, feeling, soul bearing humans do and how do they act in a situation such as this??...IMO this was extremely chilling for me because it further indicated the foreign alien that she is in so many ways and that she clearly is only capable of learning how to mimic these type human emotions and reactions, rather than genuinely feeling these emotions as we do as human beings.. she clearly wanted to learn what those traits were so that she could therefor mimic those characteristics of which she is totally devoid..

Flores quickly cuts off her attempts at redirecting the interview to what was quite obviously irrelevant to what was important(i.e. her coming clean on what and why she slaughtered Travis), rather than the self serving topic that was of the utmost of importance to Jodi.. he tells her that its too late and that its irrelevant and doesn't matter at this point in time...

Moo is this is the exact issue that I've previously spoken about regarding her not being like you and I and that any of the behaviors, feelings, or emotions that people have mistaken for Jodi's actually having a soul are nothing more than mimicked characteristics from which she has observed and learned from watching others.. she is devoid of a soul and that fact is constantly and repeatedly reminded to us time after time after time ...

The defense is using what she gave them. They have the obligation to prove what she told them happened. The prosecution is not using the evidence to support her theory but the truth, As they see it. The defense is using the evidence as it fits with her defense story..

It's interesting that she changed her entire story after speaking to Dr. Samuels, who (I believe) said during his testimony that her ninja story wasn't believable to him OR to her DT - hence, their reason for bringing him in, to create a foundation for the new SD theory.

Her DT didn't believe her, nor did their expert... but they all do now, supposedly. I can't imagine how hard this would be for them if they still don't believe her. Wow. Would not want to be in their shoes... I really don't think they do believe her now.

She absolutely has the right of defense - and that's completely right and essential (constitutional, legal, etc.) and I'm glad all defendants have this right. But... yikes. Tough on her defenders, I'd think.

OT: I am watching Weed Country on Discovery Channel. Have never seen this before. I had no idea that the area JA is from is called the Emerald Triangle. It is lush with marijuana growers! Having never been to northernmost California, I had no idea this was what it is known for. It does not look anything like I imagined. No wonder JA wanted TA so badly. Got it.

Yes but the neighbors could have just as easily seen the white rental car, they just wouldn't recognize it. It would still lead back to JA (who would be found to have the same kind of car), so it would still through suspicion her way.

That's why I don't think she parked in front of his house, unless it was dark and away from any outdoor lighting.

I seem to recall something about a neighbor (from JA, though, so there you go), but I don't recall anything about if/what anyone may have said to LE...

Plus when JM was questioning her about when she put her suitcase in the car, he said (twice) and you were parked in the driveway RIGHT? Maybe he was/is setting her up for rebuttal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craig21876