Jodi Arias Murder Trial - the defense continues it's case in chief-*Weekend* #90

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Entirely possible but I doubt it. There's a lot of up and down with these two. For example: Texts 5/10/08 -starts with angry TA texts followed by phone sex tape followed by sweet texts between two. In approx. 24 hour period IIRC.

This is something that I'm not so sure about. The only place I've seen the 5/10 date for that text is in motion filed by Nurmi, and I think he wrong. If the text was entered in court, I haven't seen it (although it may have been).

That being said, they certain do seem to have had a roller coaster relationship. I wish we could see more texts and emails, but I don't think we're going to.

Thanks for this list. I've added some entries to put this into context.

Thanks Allyne. The May 2nd texts - were they sent by phone, email, Facebook??? Also, do you know when the whole "three hole wonder" thing was sent? And lastly, do you know how to post that timeline onto the timeline thread? I have been trying to do it but I haven't managed to figure out how to do it.

Here is a listing of all the angry emails Travis sent to JA in order by date. To me they show a very telling premeditated tale.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

March 30, 2008 – A text message exchange took place, during which Alexander told Arias he did not want to get another text message from her unless she gave him an apology for exposing him to all the drama in her life.

April 2008 - Burns testified that he first met Arias at a PrePaid Legal convention in Oklahoma in April 2008. A few weeks after that initial meeting, Burns and Arias were chatting on the phone three to five times a week.

April 2008 - Arias moved from Arizona to California. That same month, Alexander posted a blog entry stating, "This Year will be the Best year of my life. This is the year that will eclipse all others. I will earn more, learn more, travel more, serve more, love more, give more and be more than all the other years of my life combined."

April 2008 - Another text conversation that was examined in court took place after Arias moved from Arizona to California. During that conversation, Alexander told Arias to not contact him and warned her that things could get "real bad for her."
"Bitter feelings brewing in me towards you," Alexander wrote in an April 2008 text message to Arias. "I'm sick of having days ruined by you. If it keeps up, I fear I'll have a genuine dislike for you. I'm asking you before it gets to that, to stop doing it, before I start seeking revenge."

April 2008
- These are all FROM Travis TO JA
Do not call me. And do not text me anything. The next thing I want is this michelle K that is friends with Elena(?) that nobody knows but knows details about my life. Not one other thing ever. Until you have that information. Its 15 minutes it would take to get the info. But you won't take 15 minutes... you have that information. its 15 minutes it would take to get the info. But you won't take 15 minutes. Why because it is an Fing lie. So either text me that you are ready to tell the truth or give me your imaginary friend with the worst BS story you have ever told or leave me alone. Its a lie like no other. It is freaking foolish. There is no way out of it, you have screwed up your story so bad you can't mend it. You are caught. When will you realize that. I do not know. You have til tomorrow. To have me this persons information before I tell all of the hughes' leslie udy, the freemans, your parents and anyone else that matters about all the crazy things you have done. So either fess up or feel the wrath. No matter how bad the truth is I promise you the punishment will be better than the lie. This is worse than your magical email that a mysterious man you've never seen before wrote for you. You insult me by thinking ill believe such crap. nothing else from you til the truth. I already know your lying so why continue. After tomorrow, its gonna get real bad for you. Time to spit it out.

May 03, 2008 – Ryan Burns and Arias exchange numerous flirtatious emails including conversations about her visiting him soon and her not playing hard to get.

May 10, 2008 - Arias posted the last entry to her online blog. It reads, in part: "I cannot ignore that there is an ever-present yearning and desire that pulses within me. It throbs for gratification and fulfillment."
That same day, according to prosecutors, Alexander sent this text to Arias: "Why don't you have him come and f--k you in the woods, I can only imagine you are so worried about me reading. You are paranoid because you have no respect for people privacy and you dare insult me of all people. Someone you should through your actions you hate more than love by denying me a human right of privacy countless times. You have a lot of freaking nerve. We are all not like you in that aspect."

May 18, 2008 - Alexander posted the last entry, titled "Why I want to marry a Gold Digger," to his online blog. It reads, in part: "I did a little soul searching and realized that I was lonely ... I realized it was time to adjust my priorities and date with marriage in mind ... This type of dating to me is like a very long job interview and can be exponentially more mentally taxing. Desperately trying to find out if my date has an axe murderer penned up inside of her."

May 26, 2008 - These 3 are all part of one long text, no replies from JA in between:

05/26/08 at 07:59:15am
I sent you a response to your dire conversation, that I hope you read because you need to read it. Maybe it will spark human emotion in you, something that only seems to exist when it comes to your own problems. But everyone else is just a part of your sick agenda. By the way, your pic comment to Danny Jones makes you look like a pure *advertiser censored*, even more to
the people who know you. You should be embarrassed by it. If he knew what I knew
about you he'd spit in ur face. Sow could everyone else. I have never never in my life been hurt so bad by someone. But why do I even say it because you don't care. It doesn't serve your evilness.

05/26/08 at 08:35:02am

You couldn't get off your lazy butt to read it could you. That's the sociopath (I) know so well. it freakin figures

05/26/08 at 09:11:11am

I don't want your apology I want you to understand what I think of you. I want you to understand how evil I think you are. You are the worst thing that ever happened to me.

May 28, 2008 - Yreka, California, police officer Kevin Friedman investigated a robbery (reported theft of a .25 caliber gun, $30 in cash, a stereo and a DVD player ) at the house of Arias’ grandparents on May 28, 2008, just a few days before Alexander was killed.

May 28, 2008 - Ryan Burns testified that towards the end of May 2008, he and Arias had made plans for her to visit his home in West Jordan, Utah.

June 2008 - During the first week of June, Alexander told friends that he suspected Arias had hacked into his Facebook account. He allegedly said that he told her to stay out of his life forever.

June 2, 2008 - Arias, according to police, picked up a vehicle from Budget Rent-a-Car in Redding, Calif.

Awesome post! Also on May 10, 2008 Jodi recorded their phone sex conversation. I think it illustrates that Travis was willing to be sexual with Jodi despite his growing dislike of the type of person she was.

better late than never :rocker:
if you want me to do anything else to edit let me know :)

t_zps8ae98eab.jpg

ti_zps97667d37.jpg

tvA_zps4982d44a.jpg

She said that but- really ?? I don't believe they would give each other their passwords. MOO
Plus one of the text I just read in here was TA saying he thought JA had hacked into his facebook~

This does not sound plausible to me, especially considering how Jodi insists that they exchanged passwords as a show of trust. Flores remarks that after 20 years of marriage, he does not have his wife's email password.

I do wish there would have been forensic work done for the complete duration of their relationship, what a counts were accessed from each computer. This would have been laborious but would have shown if Travis ever did access her personal accounts, and how often they were each doing this. I think this would be telling information.

I imagine that once they found her blood, paw print, and photos on the scene they assumed this kind of i formation wouldn't be necessary for a conviction.

JA did testify ( I believe it was on direct) that Travis gave her his pin number so that she could withdraw cash. Lying under oath means nothing to her, as we well know, so it was probably another whopper. Hacking sounds more like it!

With debit cards being used so much, this isn't totally implausible to me. I often give my debit card to friends (beer and food runs when hanging out, etc.) and tell them my pin number so they pick me up something.

If you're referring to the ARCO receipts, the 1st one at 8:42 was printed at the gas pump and the subsequent two were printed inside at the cash register.
Do we have the Starbucks receipt? Can you post a link?

:please:

I assume the shower because rinsing that much blood off of her in a bathtub would be tricky...and I don't recall them finding any watered down blood spots or anything that had been wiped off from the tub. I just think it would be hard to have done such a meticulous clean up of the tub in her haste to get out of there.

Agree, his shower would be preferable as it already had blood in it. The thought of her either standing on or over his dead body in that small space is haunting, however.

:(

This is something that I'm not so sure about. The only place I've seen the 5/10 date for that text is in motion filed by Nurmi, and I think he wrong. If the text was entered in court, I haven't seen it (although it may have been).

That being said, they certain do seem to have had a roller coaster relationship. I wish we could see more texts and emails, but I don't think we're going to.

They were all entered as exhibits in testimony. I too would like to see more text and emails. There's things going on behind the scenes with these.

hi everyone, whats the plan for this week? Is court back on tomorrow? TIA :)

Last I heard (so you should check!) is that court is scheduled for tomorrow at 10:15 AZ time. The first thing up is that hearing that was cancelled on Friday about the expert, Dr. Samuels. Then the jury comes in after lunch, I think.

I heard on another thread that the court is going to be "dark" on Thursday because "the last witness is not available." I don't know if that's accurate or not. I also don't know what it means for the rest of the week. Are we really going to spending Mon, Tues & Wed on this "expert" and questions from prosecution and jurors? Or is there another witness? This is assuming the last witness is the DV expert.

I keep wondering what was going through her mind when she was driving to Travis' murder.

She had her phone turned off - no one to talk to but herself.
Did she sing? Was she remembering the times she and Travis shared? Was she fine tuning her murder plan? Was she even nervous?
I can't wrap my brain around this woman.

Well considering she is a walking Mental Disorder Riddle--would it surprise you she had several of her other personalities to discuss things with--Now that I wish we had a tape of---I am sure some of them sang songs with her????:rollercoaster:

Yes indeed it's possible they gathered their timing from the same source so I reasoned the clocks turning over the minute in her favour could allow almost a two minute 'window'.

What I meant was is it possible one of these clocks was not set correctly so more time actually elapsed. It does seem impossible that she would be able to finish her starbucks transaction AND the gas transaction in under 2 minutes. No time at all for license plate Shenanigans.

Mimi's Cafe is a chain in SoCal. I remember reading that they were all at the Riverside, CA location. Riverside also happens to be where Travis grew up. Don't remember Jodi ever working in Riverside. I believe she worked at PJ Chaings, another chain, but I think it was in Palm Desert or Mesa.
Mimi's Cafe is a chain that also exists in N. CA, I have one in my town. P.F. Chang's too.

I have always said shower but in the new photos just released you can see a streaking of blood on the shower wall, as though Travis had fallen against it (with several open wounds) and slid downward. I don't see how this streak could remain intact if she took a shower after it was made.

Wait! What new photos? Where can I see these? I had to not watch Friday or do much reading here this weekend because of school. Dang!

The probability is that the time clocks on the two merchants' cash registers were a few minutes off. A minute wouldn't be long enough to pump the gas never mind any of the other logistics.

Was the Starbucks paid for in cash? Does anyone have a link to that receipt?

Didn't she say in her testimony in regards to the sex tape recording that there had been some contact leading up to the call that night. I think JM objected to it and it was sustained. I think she had to do some fancy talking to get him to call her that night and have that conversation On the tape didn't he say something like Mercy I didn't think we would get here that fast or something like that. It was a sure setup as far as i am concerned. I think that the times mentioned in the tape are almost all the times they had sex. JA wants the world to think there was a lot more than there really was just to prove she was the only person he could desire

My sister (who is 49!!!) has these kinds of relationships and always has, the most dramatic ups and downs in her, er, romantic relationships. Wild swings up and down. Breaking up, professions of hate, the works. She has BPD.

I'd assume that Travis was on Jodi's roller coaster, and she kept him on with sex. But when they had 1,000 miles between them, it was hard for her to use sex to control him and keep him on the coaster. That's why after those messages were sent the sex call happened QUICK. And when he sent another at the end of the month, off she went to Mesa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89