Jodi Arias Murder Trial - the defense continues it's case in chief-*Weekend* #90

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
better late than never :rocker:
if you want me to do anything else to edit let me know :)

t_zps8ae98eab.jpg

ti_zps97667d37.jpg

tvA_zps4982d44a.jpg

What is that picture and is the arrow pointing to a bullet? Is that JA leg in a kneeling position?

And if Jodi is a psychopath, she may have purposely created such a roller coaster. Psychopaths tend to bore easy. They thrive off chaos, excitement, and drama - causing discord seems a favorite hobby for some.

MOO

Yes, that makes sense. Creating drama--sending false emails, fictitious suitors, etc., all designed to create excitement, jealousy (she hopes), drama, and to further "hook" Travis. Just like a misbehaving kid, negative attention is STILL attention. If she felt her grasp on him weakening, she was probably up to all kinds of nuttery.

I had such a nightmare last night and I know I can attribute it to following this case. I dreamt that I was going to an indoor waterpark with friends and I saw Jodi Arias there. She was standing across from me and I got chills up my spine. Somehow she was released for a few days, as her trial was going on during this time. I told everyone around me, please let's leave. I don't want to see her. She will murder us. She heard me say this and gave me that shark stare and I started running away. I went down a water slide and knew she was coming. When she passed me by, she squeezed my arm and gave me a dead glare as if to say, "Yes, I killed Travis. No, it wasn't self-defense. What are YOU going to do about it?" I woke up in a panic!

Has anyone else had nightmares about this case? I was so scared!

a couple of weeks ago i had a nightmare about j.a. - i don't remember (lol) much of the dream except for the end when she had pushed me to the ground, was holding my arms down and trying to bite my face.. but in the dream her mouth was HUGE, teeth were sharp, and it looked bloody... i was thrashing my head about to prevent her from sinking her teeth in.. ugh, remembering it is giving me cold chills!

Is the prosecution able to mark but not introduce it as evidence UNTIL Rebuttal?
Are they required to disclose testing results to the DT before trial?

If not...
Waiting to indroduce the knife(s) into evidence at Rebuttal would allow JM to ask Jodi specific questions which could lock her into direct lie(s) regarding the knife(s).

I'm not a lawyer but I just can't imagine that something as major as the murder weapon could be withheld from the defense. Plus there was testimony from the state that none of the knives found in the home were the murder weapon.

Yes, that's the difficulty. Internet protocol address resolves to the Internet service provider's customer's modem/router/gateway, but not to an individual user's device (MAC address).

Moreover, it is a very tall order to conclusively prove which individual accessed a specific user account from a designated location at any given time absent an eyewitness or confession.

We could discuss this for hours and pages...

Thanks for this explanation. I simply took Flores' word that LE would be able to tell if his accounts were accessed from her computer (by IP address) or his. He tells her this during one of their first phone calls a d she immediately tells him she has recently accessed his accounts. I assumed what he said was true, but from your explanation it sounds more difficult--he was telling her that as a "tactic" to get her to fess up.

What is that picture and is the arrow pointing to a bullet? Is that JA leg in a kneeling position?

i never put the arrow there it was already on the photo the poster wanted edited.

the left hand side where i have outlined is travis with blood pouring out him. i think its possibly part of his back but its up for speculation

Don't you think that his grievances were many? He said in May that she was making every day of his life hell & he seems to refer to a lot of deviltry and fabrication. Her reason for retreating from Mesa in April is worse than suspect. She didn't leave because Travis was violent. She left because she had ruined her chances with him and he had let her know that, chapter & verse.
Indeed and his grievances were more than valid too. I've always believed Jodi moving back to Cali was part of a larger manipulative ploy. I think it served her purposes financially to not have to be fully responsible for herself. (I'm thinking its unlikely Travis was the only bridge she burned in Mesa.) But I also believe she was really expecting Travis to magically become aware of how important she *should* be to him.

When that didn't happen by May, as she assumed it would, she went to more and more drastic measures to control, intimidate, manipulate, and harass him.

JMO

Chakti, if you're nutz, I'll be nutz right with you :) I believe this could be what happened! I will never believe he had sex with her that day. 8 days after telling her she was the worst thing that has ever happened to him, she is a sociopath..etc..

Someone posted another good point awhile back about his camera bag being found in the large media room outside of his bedroom - kinda hidden behind one of the Luv Sacs. What the heck is it doing way out there? Is that where she hid while waiting for him to get home..

JM didn't talk much about the naked photos. Other than pointing out there was no rope in any of them, he questioned the camera expert about the color of the KY gel cap being blue. He pointed that out in two different pics.

She must feel he's on to something because now all of the sudden, she pulls another camera out of her purse! kinda like the holster.

I'm looking at the pics again, the one with her on the bed and the one with him on the bed. Those look like two different KY bottles to me on two different days!

When is REBUTTAL!?!? :banghead:

Do these KY bottles look the same?

photos 3 & 5
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2412031.html

There are photos of them having sex on the camera from that day.

Yes, great point -- seems to me Jodi Arias would have wanted to use a knife she had experience handling and knew could be used effectively to stab someone to death with.

FYI ... one of our new members Mejane has an interesting perspective on the question of what happened to the gun which is JA "would not take a chance the gun would be found anywhere other than close to where it was stolen from. The gun needed it's own alibi. jMO."

I read that earlier regarding the gun, and am in complete agreement with that theory. She stated she tossed it somewhere after the murder, however, that was supposedly a gun Travis owned. The one which she actually used to kill him came from her grandparents' house, had a serial number (presumably) and I doubt she would casually toss it anywhere....let alone in Arizona, or along the route she took to get to West Jordan UT. It is more likely near Yreka, and I believe the knife (which would be her "trophy") is somewhere there also.

MOO

There are photos of them having sex on the camera from that day.

Are there? There has been some discussion about such photos and whether they exist or are just a product of people inferring the obvious from the nudes.

Huh, I need to go through the media thread and check that out

But if he was in that position (i.e. head towards the bedroom, foot towards the bathroom), and Jodi is standing behind his head, how does that fit into the sequence of events?
IIRC, one of the theories on the foot picture was that it showed Jodi at some point during the process of dragging Travis back towards the shower, especially since it seems like his right arm is lifted.

If Travis is lying the other way around, and Jodi is standing between his body and the bedroom facing the bathroom, the position doesn't really fit the sequence of events. She should be behind him if she is indeed dragging him, and if his position was with his head towards the bedroom then it would make no sense that she's standing by his head.

:confused: I'm confused now, maybe I need to mull this over some more in my head and go over the testimony again.

IIRC, I think the testimony from the forensic/detectives was that the "foot" picture was opposite...the camera is facing toward the bathroom because of the tile in the background. (Travis's head toward the bedroom, foot toward the bathroom)

To help with the question as to what is shown in the "foot picture" and the "dragging picture" respectively and how I think the camera changed position in between, I decided to go a little creative with the picture of the floorplan.

For reference, by foot picture I mean this one with JA's foot in it:

http://i1352.photobucket.com/albums/q650/tabularasa6/ja27_zps870003b5.jpg

And the second dragging picture is the one where people upthread were wondering what is shown in there, whether the white line is the baseboard or the threshold between the carpet and the tile and so on:

http://i1352.photobucket.com/albums/q650/tabularasa6/ja29_zps972487d2.jpg

I took the picture of the floorplan to show how I think the camera was positioned in each of those pictures. Mind you, I make no guarantees on scale, or where exactly along the hallway this is taking place. This is just a rough illustration on where I think the camera, JA and TA were in relation to each other. The yellow-ish area is everything that would be in the frame of the picture, everything that is not yellow would be out of the frame.

Basically, I think the camera got spun around in between the pictures, maybe from Jodi hitting it with her foot as she was dragging Travis along the hall.
In the first picture, the foot picture, the camera is pointing down the hallway towards the bedroom.

hx8br5.jpg

Then it got spun around almost ninety degrees and the next picture is actually taken with the camera almost facing the wall. It was taken at a point when Jodi had already moved past the camera, so she would be to the right of the frame and was in the process of dragging Travis through the frame, so to speak. The horizontal white stripe is the baseboard (is that what you call the line where wall and floor meet?), and the blood-covered object to the left would be Travis' shoulder or part of his upper body.

14si7hk.jpg

Again, I make no guarantees on angles or the accuracy of the positioning. I actually think now that in the second picture, the camera was not angled directly at the wall like I illustrated above, but still a little towards the bedroom area, but I hope this is able to convey roughly what I think happened in between the two pictures.

If TA's head was on the carpet and feet towards the bathroom (as testified to by the detective) in the first picture, the camera would be behind JA. She could have kicked it as she was starting to try to turn TA around to drag him back to shower (explains all the smudgey sock prints scrubbed into carpet; easier to drag him by holding under his armpits rather than by his feet) and this caused the first photo. Then as she continues turning him around she kicks it again or TA's body hits it and it turns sideways and takes that second photo.

I do think it likely that JA had his password(s) or that, as with Bobby Juarez, when she wanted access she simply made opportunities to access his accounts/profiles before he was logged off due to timeout. She admitted this type of stalking activity -- recall her admission regarding his phone texts -- and discussed same with multiple parties. And she certainly had motive and opportunity while living in Mesa and 'cleaning' his place. As far as Internet-based activity and access, that can be done from anywhere in the world.

I think TA was less likely to have had her passwords and/or have accessed her accounts, unless she scrubbed the content and controlled that access. She likely had/has multiple 'throwaway' accounts/profiles and managed them tightly. While I don't discount the possibility that he did have access to what she wanted him to see from time to time, I think she controlled it and allowed it only if it suited her purposes.
If she had left the library, he (Bobby) would've been logged out before she returned. I think the logout time is 3 min. of inactivity, the last time I was on a public library computer, about a year ago.

Thanks for this explanation. I simply took Flores' word that LE would be able to tell if his accounts were accessed from her computer (by IP address) or his. He tells her this during one of their first phone calls a d she immediately tells him she has recently accessed his accounts. I assumed what he said was true, but from your explanation it sounds more difficult--he was telling her that as a "tactic" to get her to fess up.

BBM -- Agreed; and it elicited the information sought.

One of the very few of her statements likely to be true...

IIRC, I think the testimony from the forensic/detectives was that the "foot" picture was opposite...the camera is facing toward the bathroom because of the tile in the background. (Travis's head toward the bedroom, foot toward the bathroom)

That is what I thought too.

And it was upside down, the det. turned it right side up.

That was in his testimony iirc

i never put the arrow there it was already on the photo the poster wanted edited.

the left hand side where i have outlined is travis with blood pouring out him. i think its possibly part of his back but its up for speculation

Just to clarify, it's TA's arm I think. IIRC JM only stated to JA on cros,s "that's Mr. Alexander" and she confirmed (for what that's worth).

Thanks Allyne. The May 2nd texts - were they sent by phone, email, Facebook??? Also, do you know when the whole "three hole wonder" thing was sent? And lastly, do you know how to post that timeline onto the timeline thread? I have been trying to do it but I haven't managed to figure out how to do it.
Did we ever even hear the "3 hole wonder" one in court? Except for the 100 times nurmi said it, I mean.
I don't ever remember hearing that in the contest of a text, do you? We know it does exist, because Juan has referred to it, but you'd think that would be one nurmi would want to bring in.
Searching memory.................................nope. Don't remember it.

Not only does it matter, but I think it's key for developing motive. Consider how quickly she kills Travis after he threatens to EXPOSE her (don't we wish we knew for what!). I am not saying that was her only motive, but not even a week goes by after he sends that text that he ends up dead.

Sorry I was saying if it matters to the post about text first phone call 2 nd

From what others have posted, the Starbucks she went to in Pasadena was the one in Hastings Ranch. That one is at 3699 East Foothill Boulevard,Pasadena, CA 91107. The one in the photo you were commenting on was a different location (I don't know which one). The one in Hastings Ranch does not have a sidewalk near the Starbucks, though there is one in front of other stores.

There are no concrete bumpers in the parking lot, only parking spaces marked by painted lines. But that is hardly a huge "gotcha" moment as there is a concrete curb near the sidewalk area and a couple of concrete planters at the end of each parking row.

She is lying, of course, but nothing in the statements about sidewalks or concrete bumpers is going to prove it.

What's more, things can change in 4.5 years.

Were there concrete ("cinder block") bumpers on June 3, 2008?

Maybe; maybe not.

Are there? There has been some discussion about such photos and whether they exist or are just a product of people inferring the obvious from the nudes.
IIRC, she stated they made a video of them having sex - on her camera, not his, but we haven't ever heard about it in court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV