Jodi Arias Murder Trial - the defense continues it's case in chief-*Weekend* #90

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
KN put one up on the overhead (on the last day of re-exam IIRC). It was a view looking up at JA's face from a low angle but KN discreetly masked it off from just below shoulder level. She was looking skywards and the braids were visible.
I think the masking off was just to cover the naughty bits - not Travis.

Did we ever even hear the "3 hole wonder" one in court? Except for the 100 times nurmi said it, I mean.
I don't ever remember hearing that in the contest of a text, do you? We know it does exist, because Juan has referred to it, but you'd think that would be one nurmi would want to bring in.
Searching memory.................................nope. Don't remember it.

It was mentioned in a question to Det Flores, on day 2.

Nurmi asks Det Flores about reading emails where she is referred to a "3 hole wonder" "*advertiser censored*" "*advertiser censored*" by Travis.
http://youtu.be/qdiZADvLaEY?t=1h7m20s

Juan asks Det Flores on redirect why Travis was upset in the email and made the statements. The message references to being used by the defendant "I think I was little more then a dildo with a heartbeat".
Exhibit #275 page 8, 4 lines from the bottom (the document was not shown, I don't believe it was ever entered into evidence, meaning it will not go back with the jury during deliberations).
http://youtu.be/Cpcc37rmk4A?t=37s

I do know Juan asked her..and this is the bathroom back here in the direction where the light is coming from, correct? and she said yes. Something like that.
I remember that court exchange very well, because I had always thought she was dragging him TO the bathroom rather than away.

Why would they all be at the Riverside location? That doesn't make sense to me. Didn't the Medfords say they were in a group of about 20? There is a Mimi's Cafe in Mesa, Arizona. According to trial testimony, Jodi worked at Mimi's Cafe on January 20, 2008 before going to TA's house.

Because I trust Detective Flores' skill and expertise.

ETA: They can tell where JA likely slashed his throat due too all the blood pooled in that location. IMO in the 76 seconds between the naked dragging pic and the final dragging pic she had to have gotten a sheet to wrap his body in so she could drag him more easily. He's clearly in a sheet in that last photo. And no, I doubt she ever screamed or anything of the kind. She was devilishly cool, calm and collected the entire time. MOO

BBM
I respectfully disagree with the bolded sentence. I've wanted to photoshop that picture for a while to show that there's no sheet. Maybe I'll work on that tomorrow.

I can't stomach reading about this one, the pictures are horrific enough...but did she stab him and/or shoot him all while PHOTOGRAPHING it?

:what:

She was drenched in blood and would have some blood in her rental car.. I think she showered over Travis BUT did not wash hair as some would have been in the drain. Maybe she did that later:jail:

This is just one of my thought tangents.

I agree that she had to have done a quick wash down in the house. But for the life of me I can't imagine her showing up at Ryan's without having a real shower after all this. And of course done her makeup.

Does anyone know if she showered as soon as she got to Ryan's?

Re: nude photos

I still think it's possible JA took the nudes of herself. JMHO

In the nude photos, JA appears, to me, to be laying on top of the comforter which may have been laid out on the floor say between the armoire and the windows on the far side of TA's bed with camera the propped up on an armoire shelf.

TA appears to be on the bed laying on the fitted sheet and just waking up.

JA, photo #3: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/04/jodi-arias-crime-scene-photos_n_2412031.html?#slide=1985281

TA, photo #5: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/04/jodi-arias-crime-scene-photos_n_2412031.html?#slide=1985279

She was drenched in blood and would have some blood in her rental car.. I think she showered over Travis BUT did not wash hair as some would have been in the drain. Maybe she did that later:jail:

if her hair was still in braids, she could have rinsed it without much loss.. ??

And just some more info on the Pasadena Starbucks area... it is located on one of the busiest streets in Pasadena. It's right across the street from the Arco where she filled up. Other shops in this area are Vroman's book store, Whole Foods grocery store, Chuck E. Cheese, a bank, Sears Department store, etc. It is not really where teens go to hang out. IMO

IIRC, It is ILLEGAL to skateboard anywhere around those stores. They never let kids skateboard on that property.

This is a very upscale area. The kids who skateboard go to SkateBoard Parks OR hang out around the homes they live in. None of the local rich kids would have any interest in turning Jodi's tag upside down.

Re: nude photos

I still think it's possible JA took the nudes of herself. JMHO

In the nude photos, JA appears, to me, to be laying on top of the comforter which may have been laid out on the floor say between the armoire and the windows on the far side of TA's bed with camera the propped up on an armoire shelf.

TA appears to be on the bed laying on the fitted sheet and just waking up.

JA, photo #3: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/04/jodi-arias-crime-scene-photos_n_2412031.html?#slide=1985281

TA, photo #5: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/04/jodi-arias-crime-scene-photos_n_2412031.html?#slide=1985279

I also think she took the nudes of herself with her auto timer. It's not hard to figure out on ANY camera.

Thanks for putting my thoughts into perspective. I did indeed forget to consider the fact that she cut herself, and I agree it then seems unlikely that she wouldn't have left some sort of trace.

But if it is unlikely or even impossible that she used one of the knives from Traivs' house, then it becomes so obvious that her story about how it went down is all lies. She claims the knife was Travis', but apparently none of the knives in the kitchen were the murder weapon, and no knives were missing, either. So unless she went on a very, very thorough cleaning binge at some point during The Fog, she was obviously lying and she brought the knife.

BBM
If there was a very, very thorough cleaning binge, the crime scene photos tell a different story.
That was a downright lousy job of.... cleaning up.
She sure didn't leave the house the way she found it.
I'm sure she thought what ever mess created would be nicely contained to the shower stall.

She never executed a thorough cleaning binge...
Jodi walked into that house with the *advertiser censored** Its.

I can't stomach reading about this one, the pictures are horrific enough...but did she stab him and/or shoot him all while PHOTOGRAPHING it?

:what:

Not intentionally. The most accepted view seems to be that she lured him into the most vulnerable position by suggesting a photo shoot in the shower. At some stage during her subsequent attack the camera fell to the ground and the prosecution suggests she trod on it twice resulting in two accidental exposures at floor level which captured her victim and in one, her foot and verified pant leg. HTH

It was mentioned in a question to Det Flores, on day 2.

Nurmi asks Det Flores about reading emails where she is referred to a "3 hole wonder" "*advertiser censored*" "*advertiser censored*" by Travis.
http://youtu.be/qdiZADvLaEY?t=1h7m20s

Juan asks Det Flores on redirect why Travis was upset in the email and made the statements. The message references to being used by the defendant "I think I was little more then a dildo with a heartbeat".
Exhibit #275 page 8, 4 lines from the bottom (the document was not shown, I don't believe it was ever entered into evidence, meaning it will not go back with the jury during deliberations).
http://youtu.be/Cpcc37rmk4A?t=37s

Not trying to dodge this, because I didn't even remember THAT part, but Flores doesn't actually read the text. He is just reciting from memory what he recalls the e-mail including, so I don't think ANYTHING involving it was entered a evidence, right?
I would love to see that whole e-mail, and see what exactly Juan was trying to get Flores to say why Travis was angry with Arias. Did we ever find out?

Since it's Sunday evening, and I'm still having Downton Abbey withdrawal pains, here's something to consider: Matthew Crawley and Lady Mary are finally engaged, but, after a fight the day before the wedding, it's called off. Matthew has a revelation, comes to Mary's door that night, and tells her he's realized, "I could never be happy with anyone else as long as you walk the earth."

I think between Jodi returning to CA in April and her deadly return in June, her obsession with Travis was tormenting her 24/7. She wasn't there, so thoughts of where is he now, who's with him now, what's he saying about me, what're others telling him about me, etc., etc., were eating her alive. When it became obvious in his May 18 blog post that there was no possibility of his future ever including her, he had to die if she was ever to "move on" and find happiness with someone else.

Excellent post. I think this is the best motive I've seen and best written.

I also noticed today when I was rewatching Juan's cross examination, that he asked her if she made up a lie about the car charger, and she said, "yes".

To me, the dead phone for 20 hours while she was secretly murdering Travis is about the most compelling premeditation evidence there is -- other that the "stolen" .25 auto from her home a couple days before she set out on her murder trip
There was a recent case local to me in which the guy drove from Las Vegas to N. CA to murder his parents and turned his phone off for that period of time. It was major evidence in convicting him...

Not disagreeing, but Google (Earth and Street View) are seldom this year's model.

The views around Charlottetown, here in Prince Edward Island, are five years old. There are some around my old house back in England which are older than that. The Ford I sold in 2006 is still in the drive! :wave:

No disagreement...

I have attempted, unsuccessfully, to obtain photos of that Hastings Ranch Starbuck's from prior to 2009.

But if you want to make your case all the way up to the level of evidentiary admissibility, you'd have to find photos and individuals to testify that the parking lot was configured differently at that time than it is now.

Personally, I strongly doubt it. I have no reason whatsoever -- other than the word of a lying torture-murderess -- to believe that there were concrete "cinder block" parking bumpers in use at that time.

I'd need a credible witness to testify to it before I'd lend it any credence at all.

Not trying to dodge this, because I didn't even remember THAT part, but Flores doesn't actually read the text. He is just reciting from memory what he recalls the e-mail including, so I don't think ANYTHING involving it was entered a evidence, right?
I would love to see that whole e-mail, and see what exactly Juan was trying to get Flores to say why Travis was angry with Arias. Did we ever find out?

:waitasec:
Did you watch the videos I posted in the links or read what I wrote?

I had such a nightmare last night and I know I can attribute it to following this case. I dreamt that I was going to an indoor waterpark with friends and I saw Jodi Arias there. She was standing across from me and I got chills up my spine. Somehow she was released for a few days, as her trial was going on during this time. I told everyone around me, please let's leave. I don't want to see her. She will murder us. She heard me say this and gave me that shark stare and I started running away. I went down a water slide and knew she was coming. When she passed me by, she squeezed my arm and gave me a dead glare as if to say, "Yes, I killed Travis. No, it wasn't self-defense. What are YOU going to do about it?" I woke up in a panic!

Has anyone else had nightmares about this case? I was so scared!

Does this mean we all too involved in this case and having dreams,nightmares????:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member