Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #21 *may contain graphic and adult content* Cont'd.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She certainly does like her running themes. Watching her today I felt like I was watching a slightly more rehearsed version of the interrogation tales.
The suicide "excuse" is so bizarre, did she come up with that one on her own or did she and the attorneys agree that she needed to address that elephant in the room, the "no jury will ever convict me". And that's what they came up with? Are you kidding? Juan is going to destroy her on that. She's so over the top, except her affect is flat as *someone* so keenly pointed out tonight. You can tell she's trying hard to make the pieces fit but I don't think she's capable of faking what's necessary to sell this story.

IMO one good thing nurmi did (no rotten veggies please!) was to address 3 things right at the beginning-did she kill Travis, how to pronounce her name, and the notorious interview statement. Then it went downhill...but really for a few seconds I was impressed with Nurmi.
I also suspect if CA had taken the stand in her trial she would have sounded exactly like this rambling blather.
Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

OMG. I can't wait to see the cross examination. I am going right home after class, do homework for tomorrow night so I can glue myself to the live stream of Jodi on the stand tomorrow. It's such a rare thing to see a murder defendant take the stand, especially one so incredible. Holy Moly. Juan must be doing a happy dance in his dreams tonight.

I see how they are setting up the defense but I think it will backfire badly. Then again, I was so wrong about the Anthony/Baez circus.

Oh well.

what did she say, "simply put.. yes in self defense" (as to the question if she killed Travis)

ummmm.. so why does she have a gun and a knife when in those pre-murder photos nothing is in them (not even soap)

and

1) she has a camera
2) she has him in a vulnerable position (naked and seated right at the end)
3) has weapons within her reach (two!)

Oh, I totally have this one....I've already transcribed that part:
Did you kill Travis Alexander on June 4th 2008?

Yes I did.

Why?

Um. The simple answer is that he attacked me. And I defended myself.

I thought one of the most interesting things she said (other than the suicide remark) was how she claimed Bobby threatened to kill her family.This seems to be a theme she enjoys working with.

That was interesting. Some common themes, thus far:

Invading emails
visiting exes in different cities/states/countries
wrestling moves used on her, "he's into martial arts"
dating friends/co-workers of exes
exes that put distance (miles) between them and Jodi

all of her stories involve characters that are friends of her ex (or, "man at the time")

her being physically detained by a male, yet breaking free

her "helping out" exes, after they are officially broken up (helping Travis w/new contracts, buying bobby south park tees, helping Daryl w/mortgage...)

I was just going to ask about it. Bill, the Producer said that obviously the show tonite would be focused on Jodi taking the stand so it switched like that but that Dr. Drew read the story of my sister over the weekend and wants to have me on as a more extended guest on another day about victim issues.

That's excellent news, katiecoolady! I posted a little while ago that I wished they'd given you more time to talk. You did a great job--and no, didn't come across as nervous at all. We're so proud of you!

Was she tall and dark hair? I think I saw her last week with a neon green/black leopard skin type top thingy. Just curious if it was same gal. :)

That's her...she's unmistakable. ;)

I got hit with a wide leather belt and fly swatter by my mom. Still dont look at it as abuse. Now my dad beat me with his fists to a bloody pulp quite often for a long time. That I do feel that was abuse.

I dont see any abuse that JA suffered. Of course I wouldnt believe Jodi Arias if I saw her tongue being notarized right in front of my very own eyes.:banghead:

Many people have been spanked with a belt and now that they are grown most of them say they know they deserved it and got away with a lot more too when they should have gotten a spanking. None of them call the spankings abuse.

When I went to high school the male teachers all had thick wooden paddles with holes drilled all in it and they would use it to discipline the males and they didnt swing easy either.

IMO

I agree with your post, obe, but I just had to say how much I especially enjoyed and heartily agreed with the bbm part!! It made me LOL a lot!!
icon10.gif

Holy.........

ok, when I hear something that is so far fetched and rolled off the tongue (but did not for a minute get by me as truth) I can stay up days proving what the facts were :)

The Library story about her driving her boyfriend to the library and he was checking and writing email. And she was innocently suspecting "something" but of course, had no evidence (of possible cheating)

Off they went, she drove him to work and dropped him off, doubled back and she proceeded to go into the Library and to the computer he was using and "I'm not sure how they are set up now (i.e. security that won't allow you to just pull up an e-mail account without re-logging in) but back then, in 1920, I just sat at the computer he used and hit the back button (OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, I FELL OFF MY CHAIR) and then his e-mail came up because back then you could do that.

NO YOU COULD NOT KID, WHO ARE YOU FOOLING. Not me.

What I know are computers, software, taking them apart and putting them back together, fixing a computer, long distance and in person, since 1995. And I am sorry, you could not walk back into a public Library and just back button "click" and OMG my boyfriends e-mail comes back up where I could see and PRINT out all the salacious e-mail he wrote to other girlfriends, which I then took to him and put in front of him and boy was he shocked. (because I like to do that, peruse around til I find dirt, text, e-mail of your bad deeds then surprise you in the shower with a gun and knife)

That Library computer back then and now would never "store" his password OR really, not his username either. They are not set up to hit "save my password" a feature that came along many years later. In a public setting installed software has more and less features because it is Public.

SHE HAD HIS PASSWORD. Plain and simple. She had his and the next guys, and the next guys and Travis' ...Her Attorney no doubt said to her "OMG ok, back up, lets ixnay the password comment and um, go for, well let's see, how can we do this, i want to bring in evidence you saw his email that he cheated, but how? Ok i know, you hit the back button!

Oh god man, bad idea.. but no disrespect to him, that's all he could come up with...(and he would not ask her to lie, not what I am implying, he might have or someone might have brought up to her it won't serve her to be hacking all her victims accounts)

She had passwords, keys to homes & cars...
Because that's how she rolls...

ok. I feel better.

I've had a hotmail account since 1995 and I must log in every time. I cannot back button and get back into my account. Never have been able to do that.

You are spot on.

So far, I love all of Travis's friends. Hearing Lisa's testimony about how the Mormon community has singles gatherings and activities in order to find a good partner in life...I wish I was brought up in that church. Everyone Travis surrounded himself with have all been "marriage material".

Well, except Gus.

IMO

I was raised Mormon...went to single's gatherings, met my husband at one. Don't feel bad that you were not raised in that church. There are good communities everywhere and that is all I am going to say about that.

she will lie about the location imhoo.
If she says where it is, can someone go look for it and if they can't find it, come back into court to let everyone know that it wasn't wherever she said it would be?

I'm getting back to transcribing in a minute....letting my headache die down for a bit. i think i'll go get a huge diet coke first.

Except that if she admits taking it to Mesa, it will show premeditation. She took that gun TO that house to kill him. I'm not sure how she can spin a lie as to why, but to me it really does show premeditation. I suppose she could say she took it there to protect herself from an abusive Travis, but if he was abusive, why go there in the first place. That gun is a smoking one, in my opinion.

She is going to have to explain where the gun and the knife came from. I don't see how she can get around this or come up with a good lie. Even if she said she brought it to protect herself on her drive or whatever -- there's no explanation why she surreptitiously stole it from her grandparents and gave a false police report about it a week before she murdered Travis.

IMO one good thing nurmi did (no rotten veggies please!) was to address 3 things right at the beginning-did she kill Travis, how to pronounce her name, and the notorious interview statement. Then it went downhill...but really for a few seconds I was impressed with Nurmi.

Well you have a point there. Shortly thereafter he lost his momentum and it was seriously mind numbing in there...it was so incredibly boring...and it was the defendant on the stand! He's horrible.

OMG. I can't wait to see the cross examination. I am going right home after class, do homework for tomorrow night so I can glue myself to the live stream of Jodi on the stand tomorrow. It's such a rare thing to see a murder defendant take the stand, especially one so incredible. Holy Moly. Juan must be doing a happy dance in his dreams tonight.

I see how they are setting up the defense but I think it will backfire badly. Then again, I was so wrong about the Anthony/Baez circus.

Oh well.

I'm setting my phone alarm and my old timey ringer alarm too! I had to miss the 1st few minutes today because of a doc appt, I'm not missing tomorrow. I caught what I missed tonight on the HLN news shows... and that was the best part. The rest of the day was lulling me (and possibly the jury) to sleep.

I thought one of the most interesting things she said (other than the suicide remark) was how she claimed Bobby threatened to kill her family.This seems to be a theme she enjoys working with.

BBM

As soon as I heard that I thought of the "ninja" story.

Are you going to court tomorrow?

Holy.........

ok, when I hear something that is so far fetched and rolled off the tongue (but did not for a minute get by me as truth) I can stay up days proving what the facts were :)

The Library story about her driving her boyfriend to the library and he was checking and writing email. And she was innocently suspecting "something" but of course, had no evidence (of possible cheating)

Off they went, she drove him to work and dropped him off, doubled back and she proceeded to go into the Library and to the computer he was using and "I'm not sure how they are set up now (i.e. security that won't allow you to just pull up an e-mail account without re-logging in) but back then, in 1920, I just sat at the computer he used and hit the back button (OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, I FELL OFF MY CHAIR) and then his e-mail came up because back then you could do that.

NO YOU COULD NOT KID, WHO ARE YOU FOOLING. Not me.

What I know are computers, software, taking them apart and putting them back together, fixing a computer, long distance and in person, since 1995. And I am sorry, you could not walk back into a public Library and just back button "click" and OMG my boyfriends e-mail comes back up where I could see and PRINT out all the salacious e-mail he wrote to other girlfriends, which I then took to him and put in front of him and boy was he shocked. (because I like to do that, peruse around til I find dirt, text, e-mail of your bad deeds then surprise you in the shower with a gun and knife)

That Library computer back then and now would never "store" his password OR really, not his username either. They are not set up to hit "save my password" a feature that came along many years later. In a public setting installed software has more and less features because it is Public.

SHE HAD HIS PASSWORD. Plain and simple. She had his and the next guys, and the next guys and Travis' ...Her Attorney no doubt said to her "OMG ok, back up, lets ixnay the password comment and um, go for, well let's see, how can we do this, i want to bring in evidence you saw his email that he cheated, but how? Ok i know, you hit the back button!

Oh god man, bad idea.. but no disrespect to him, that's all he could come up with...(and he would not ask her to lie, not what I am implying, he might have or someone might have brought up to her it won't serve her to be hacking all her victims accounts)

She had passwords, keys to homes & cars...
Because that's how she rolls...

ok. I feel better.

Excellent, excellent point, StephanieHartPI!

I was raised Mormon...went to single's gatherings, met my husband at one. Don't feel bad that you were not raised in that church. There are good communities everywhere and that is all I am going to say about that.
Visit a Greek Orthodox Church.....same thing. Greeks look for Greeks to marry. This is not unusual. (I'm Orthodox and speaking the truth.)

Does anybody have any yearbook pictures of Jodi besides her 8th grade one?

Someone on MDS said that NG showed her yearbook photos on tonights show.

Can someone explain how JA got guys to be interested in spending time with her? Sure, I know sex, but really, there are plenty of females out there that have more personality as well as provide sex.

And, it appears that these guys remain buddies with her.

I mentioned this to a friend, and she said that maybe they are crazy as well.

to a lay person I am betting she seeems normal. Had I met her before knowing anything about her I may have thought she was likable. She is a chameleon....mimics others and imitates them so to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member