Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #22 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Jodi is the type to have something to prove to other women/girls/females. She can get the guy. Any guy. And if she has to do everything in the sexual book to get them, she will.
She has no female friends, except the friends of her current guy. It is to her advantage to keep them close.
And as far as Travis, few young men turn down this type of sex, until they begin to see the real Jodi, and her motives. (and it generally doesn't matter what their religion is)

She could get the guy, but she could never keep the guy. I think that's where the psycho behavior starts.

Haven't read all the way back to the beginning of this thread- lost my connection for past 2 days- so sorry if this redundant.

Did anyone else notice that she seemed to be parroting Lisa Andrews in response to questions about her "relationships?" Example, with whomever she was with at the grand age of 15, she says to Nurmi with a serious face- he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me, and that was just too intense for me, I wasn't ready. (!!)) Besides being utterly ridiculous- we're talking about an underage minor with a teeny-bopper crush, for g-ds sake-- it is seriously CREEPY that she is channeling Lisa Andrews in these replies.

Second, I don't think she had much credibility with the jury going in, based on their questions of the last few days. For those jurors she had already largely lost, I am betting that she deeply galled and further alienated those jurors with her excuse of suicidal thoughts to justify her arrogance about never being convicted. Personally, for that reason, bravo to the defense for leading off that with that revolting malarky.

My money is still on a 1st degree murder conviction. DP- not so sure, but wouldn't be surprised, not least because I think she has zero credibility and is likely 11 male jurors' idea of their worst nightmare.

It's interesting how quick some are to dismiss things said about TA's past as lies or mistruths, but then attack JA's childhood history (as told be her testimony) as being complete lies.

Unless and until someone can disprove JA's childhood history in court, doesn't it need to be accepted as truthful? I'm not saying there is some earth-shaking revelation in her story yet, but it doesn't come across as lies, at least to me.

I haven't followed this trial as closely as most of you, I'm sure, but I tend to find her testimony credible so far. I'm a man, and so far I feel sympathetic toward her testimony. Of course, we haven't gotten to the point where she will need to clarify her lies to law enforcement, and that may change things, but so far I think she has done well for herself. Lots of details tends to make people feel like the truth is being told.

Not when you are a known liar.

Nurmi is REALLY trying to get in that Jodi helped Bobby financially. Is this just trying to show what a good person she is?

As a young male I think Travis was normal with an unique ability to communicate with others. He should not be on trial here. It's obscene and a crime against his memory. jmo

I agree. There was no "double life" -- he had a "personal life". It was his business, he was entitled to his privacy and his own decisions. This defense is completely violating him, twisting his words and behaviors trying to make him look like a monster. Ineffectively, IMO.

It's interesting how quick some are to dismiss things said about TA's past as lies or mistruths, but then attack JA's childhood history (as told be her testimony) as being complete lies.

Unless and until someone can disprove JA's childhood history in court, doesn't it need to be accepted as truthful? I'm not saying there is some earth-shaking revelation in her story yet, but it doesn't come across as lies, at least to me.

I haven't followed this trial as closely as most of you, I'm sure, but I tend to find her testimony credible so far. I'm a man, and so far I feel sympathetic toward her testimony. Of course, we haven't gotten to the point where she will need to clarify her lies to law enforcement, and that may change things, but so far I think she has done well for herself. Lots of details tends to make people feel like the truth is being told.

Why would anything she said be accepted as truthful? She is a shameless liar.
:liar: I wouldn't believe her if she told me my own name.

Oh, but :welcome: to WS. :fireworks: Glad to have you onboard.

Nope, jurors have the right and are instructed on credibility of a witness. They can disbelieve any or all of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Small confession: I'm jealous you get to see SuperJuan in action LIVE! It's great watching from work but I have a suspicion it doesn't do him any justice - the feeling in the air of that courtroom must be amazing when it's his turn to bat!

PS like i said before, if that rage comes out she will just have shown the entire world who was really in TA's home in Mesa, AZ on June 4, 2008 at 5:30pm

No kidding. Juan is not a tall man but he does walk with quite a swagger. He's got that thing, you know. ;)

God Bless you. This is what I am most interested in, is the furthering of the knowledge of how to help these people when they are still small and have potential to be helped. I sincerely hope the research and different therapy modalities can reach them, so as to prevent as many Jodi and Traviss' as we possibly can.

That is exactly what needs to happen. I just gave a presentation on childhood trauma which highlighted that some of the kids we "think" are functioning are the ones we need to worry about. You look at the Batman shooting, Connecticut, all of them have the symptoms early on of the kids I work with. Jodi has many of these traits, too. Yet, none of them show up with criminal records before they explode and something tragic happens.

We, fortunately, have much more research on how to help these kids but it takes significant work on the part of the families who, as you can imagine, are typically exhausted.

I honestly can't wait to hear about Darryl Brewer. The testimony in regards to him is going to speak volumes about the lengths she will go to to lie- I can't wait.

She's mentioned brother Carl several times. Is he going take the stand and help or hurt her?

I personally can't wait until the prosecutor chews her up and spits her out. I need to take the day off work to watch! lol

Does anyone else think it was stupid of her to say she knows karate?

Nurmi is REALLY trying to get in that Jodi helped Bobby financially. Is this just trying to show what a good person she is?

Probably to try and show she wasn't a sponge or gold digger with every man.

I think the general belief at DCF now is to use the hand. If it hurts you it's too severe and you need to lighten up. With an object, such as a switch, paddle, etc. some people get carried away with their anger so the hand on the butt let's you know you are under control. And usually one swat is enough to hurt their feelings which makes more of an impression than any actual pain. jmo

That, my friend, is exactly why I stopped even threatening my kids with a belt. I recognized in myself, the POSSIBILITY of getting carried away. When you spank a child in anger, it is too easy to go down the "lost control" road. So when my son was around 3 or 4 I put the belt away. I only "snapped" it to make noise and threaten. My parenting disciplining skills lacked something, but that was the way I was disciplined. Not abusive discipline in my eyes. But anyway, becaue I was a "softie" at heart, I could never bring myself to really "whip" my kids (as we say in the south). Hence the admission from both of my children that they laughed behind my back when I would give them a "whipping". :floorlaugh:

I crashed on matts dads couch.....see! Same thing again and again, I feel like watching a movie where the same thing and story spliced in!

Oh my gosh! It's becoming impossible for me to keep up! I'm afraid to go make lunch .... I'll never catch up! Probably wont try....il just pick up when I get back.

Just to let everyone know I'm not being rude. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member