Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #22 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anne Rice is not that sadomasocist. More like like goth romance. Not defending Arias, rather defending Anne Rice. Her work post vampire is horrible IMO.

I didn't get trough all of her testimony, but it seems like she is *maybe* setting up a framing narrative that gives JA the air of being the victim because "poor JA" is just so gullible to go along with all of these people and their beliefs… Remember the man that came in the restaurant and said the apocalypse would happen on such-and-such a date, and she made sure to (not only tell the story) let the jury know that she believed him.

She gives me a severe stomach ache.

That, my friend, is exactly why I stopped even threatening my kids with a belt. I recognized in myself, the POSSIBILITY of getting carried away. When you spank a child in anger, it is too easy to go down the "lost control" road. So when my son was around 3 or 4 I put the belt away. I only "snapped" it to make noise and threaten. My parenting disciplining skills lacked something, but that was the way I was disciplined. Not abusive discipline in my eyes. But anyway, becaue I was a "softie" at heart, I could never bring myself to really "whip" my kids (as we say in the south). Hence the admission from both of my children that they laughed behind my back when I would give them a "whipping". :floorlaugh:

Yeah, I was the same way with my daughter. She was an easy child to raise and she turned out very well too. I only had to give her a couple of taps on her behind with my palm, and they were just taps combined with that 'tilt the head and look over my glasses thing'. I think she feared "the look" more than she feared the palm of my hand. She now uses "the look" on my grandson and it works!

Did anyone catch InSession a few minutes ago? The stare down from (Tanisha sp?) when Jodi was on the stand was incredible. If looks could kill Jodi would have been dead. That was intense. God Bless that Family.

I was thinking yesterday--she couldn't escape even if she wanted to--(ie having to wear electronic thing)---Tanisha would get her with her sister--probably her husband....those were some evil stares---don't blame them though

She's mentioned brother Carl several times. Is he going take the stand and help or hurt her?
Hmmm. Has he been in the courtroom? I'm going to guess he's never liked his sister. Hitting people in the head with a bat affects some in that manner. :lol:

It's interesting how quick some are to dismiss things said about TA's past as lies or mistruths, but then attack JA's childhood history (as told be her testimony) as being complete lies.

Unless and until someone can disprove JA's childhood history in court, doesn't it need to be accepted as truthful? I'm not saying there is some earth-shaking revelation in her story yet, but it doesn't come across as lies, at least to me.

I haven't followed this trial as closely as most of you, I'm sure, but I tend to find her testimony credible so far. I'm a man, and so far I feel sympathetic toward her testimony. Of course, we haven't gotten to the point where she will need to clarify her lies to law enforcement, and that may change things, but so far I think she has done well for herself. Lots of details tends to make people feel like the truth is being told.

Which story did you find credible? The 'I wasn't there' story or did the murderous warrior ninjas ring true? Or the 'I was afraid for my life' version, the one that allows someone to stab someone repeatedly in the back and follow him as he crawls down a hallway and slit his throat because she was afraid for her life story?

Better be careful, they may get a jury member to feel sorry for her. The wooden spoon defense.

I noted Travis smiled often, in fact, a lot, EXCEPT when he was photographed with Jodie. Perhaps because he had been taken in, by her, via sex and his heart wasn't smiling. I think she was a sexual drug that he was addicted to....and when he finally found the strength to break away..she knew this was it....no more...this was a last ditch effort to regain her control...she failed and murdered him!!

I think she held him in sexual thrall. Especially easy to do to a man who had healthy urges he had to suppress for so long. And I expect she was his "teacher". I also think that she was like a Black Widow- have sex and then tear off his head. She planned the sex as a precursor to the murder. The photos were her trophy.

She's a skilled and documented liar. The jury knows that. We certainly know that here. Actually when lots of details are given it can be an indicator that the truth is nowhere in sight. I believe that's exactly how JA operates. Maybe 5% truth, the rest lies. She talks and lies to distract and elicit sympathy--- and it's apparently worked for her at times.

I also want to add that you have NO IDEA how good the GOOD LIARS are. No idea. It is NOTHING compared to regular lying. It is amazing how many facts and details, even about things that don't matter, a pathological liar can develop.

It is precisely because the male poster (prior to the quoted post) can't see it and most of the world can't that she is dangerous. I will tell you, honestly, it is like nothing you've seen before. Go watch 48 hours with her interview. Now, knowing that she is lying, you will be amazed. She is an even better liar when she says she is innocent - much more believable. She has a harder time with the victim role.

I cannot get over how Jodi's family sat there stone faced or with smirks at the testimony yesterday.

You would think that the mother would have been in tears hearing about the "abuse" with the belt and wooden spoon. Nope. Nothing. Wonder what the jury thought of that?

I was thinking the same thing! Her mother looked stonefaced. I'd be so embarrased there is no way I could sit there and not even move. What's with these people??

I don't think she got the S & M from Anne Rice. Someone wanted to know who she was and I gave a general rundown of what she wrote. :D

I know. It was a post after yours that made the connection based on what you wrote, I think. I can't remember the "name" of the poster. That wasn't directed at you at all. I understood what you were doing :)

I took my laptop to the kitchen table to eat supper last night. I got a 'look' from hubby, but I told him... noooo you don't understand, if I don't keep up, I am 10 pages behind by the time I get back! lol

:floorlaugh:

TallyHo, the post is from WS member Anita Richman, retrieved from thread #21

not sure if the link will still work, but i will look for it if it doesn't..

EDIT: nope, link doesn't work.. brb.
2nd edit: hopefully the link is there now...?
3rd.... yeah, i don't know. anyway.. :P

Wasn't there a photo of DB looking insane last week? Is he going to be an abuser also.

Will Jodi's mom take the stand and admit to abuse?

katiecoolady, i watched dr drew last night and you were right on! And did so wonderfully!

:hills::dracula:
I didn't get trough all of her testimony, but it seems like she is *maybe* setting up a framing narrative that gives JA the air of being the victim because "poor JA" is just so gullible to go along with all of these people and their beliefs… Remember the man that came in the restaurant and said the apocalypse would happen on such-and-such a date, and she made sure to (not only tell the story) let the jury know that she believed him.

She gives me a severe stomach ache.

and her "spiritual" nature made her contact Bobby......can't forget that --- she was trying to save him as well...such a giver....NOT

:hills::dracula:

and her "spiritual" nature made her contact Bobby......can't forget that --- she was trying to save him as well...such a giver....NOT

Spiritual? What spirit was she trying to channel? Satan?

Michelle Lee @myhlee
Judge Sherry Stephens' morning calendar is continuing. We may start a little late this morning. #JodiArias' mom is not here.

I was thinking the same thing! Her mother looked stonefaced. I'd be so embarrased there is no way I could sit there and not even move. What's with these people??

there were times I thought she was taking notes, ok so I had a wooden spoon...gotcha---acrylic nails check....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required