Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #26 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's an odd duck. I do think Jodi has a way of casting spells on men with charm.

What I'd like to know, but will never find out because TA is dead, is why he continued to have relations with her after she started going psycho on him?

Dude, she basically swung from the chandelier. That's like crack to a guy who lives in a community known for abstinence. It's like the lab rat who keeps tapping the shock bar for that pellet of food.

And in all fairness consider how unhealthy Travis's childhood was - he grew up in an environment where adults continued to do irrational things even though those things were harmful. A lot to be said for a boy growing up with chaos - after a while, chaos and drama become your "comfort zone" and you are not very comfortable without it. In essence, Travis was a codependent.

That term is used by many to describe something that is irrational and foolish.

Pollyanna Principal refers to someone that has a positive bias about herself or things that are said about her -narcissism.

Thanks, because I was sitting here thinking a Pollyanna was someone very "prim and proper". :what: That would not describe Jodi in any way at all!

He's an odd duck. I do think Jodi has a way of casting spells on men with charm.

What I'd like to know, but will never find out because TA is dead, is why he continued to have relations with her after she started going psycho on him?

IMO it was his real first sexual experiences. Like potato chips, it's very difficult to give up and go cold turkey! It's not like he had a huge pool to chose from ... He didn't surround himself with willing sexual partners. His religion offered opportunities to innocently date at age 18? and court a wife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the blessing of my DH, I talked with my ex-boyfriend last night about this trial (he is Mormon - and happens to live in Mesa, BTW).

Part of our conversation is just really permeating with me this morning and I just can't get it out of my mind. I'm not sure how to explain it in a smooth and clean way, I'm not even sure I can explain correctly.

But, here goes...

If Travis is really this sexually deviant Mormon boy, then it is all about power. Right? Okay.
JA is trying to paint herself the victim and Travis as the power hungry predator. She is submissive and he is master. Travis abuses her and she is his prey. Travis uses his power of authority in the areas he knows he has over her; religion, career, and sex.

If we are to believe Jody (in Jody's world...what a 'sexually deviant abusive Mormon full of power" would do)

anal vs vaginal sex (to save himself for marriage, yet excerpt power over her)
oral sex (again to exert power over her)
Forceful anal sex after baptism (power - abuse)
Shirt/Underwear w/Travis Name (Ownership - power)

The underwear was her mistake. This is where she screwed up. If this were really Travis (a real Mormon) pulling the strings, why wouldn't he have gone all the way with the Mormon garments? Why not use the temple garments? Why not put his name on the garments and use them in his power/ownership play.

She broke the pattern of authority when she used the granny panties and t-shirt. Had she chosen to use Mormon garments, it would have improved her evidence of defense.

Wow, I just needed to put this out there, so sorry this may be confusing.

Who else thinks it was only in this defendant's mind that she and Travis ever had an "exclusive boyfriend/girlfriend" relationship even for 5 min much less 5 mths?

Katie, in light of everything else Jodi says, your point is reasonable. However, thinking about the 48 Hours interview with Chris and Sky Hughes, they acknowledge a relationship and even say they thought she might be "the one".

For those that have never done Websleuths chat! We had a great time in their last night, and take a minute today and learn how to do and set up for discussions in real time! No refreshing like the links, a live chat! Here is Salem's posting on how to do it! I'm there right now if anyone wants to join in.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68121

Is there a specific Chat Forum you suggest?

I tivo'ed the live stream yesterday and watched it last night with my husband. We were both dumbstruck by the lack of emotion displayed by Jodi's mother. This was during Jodi's account of practically being anally raped just after her baptism. The camera shot over to Jodi's mom, and nothing, zip, not a tear or anything. Even if Jodi was able to contain her emotions while described this supposed sodomizing event, no mother in the world could hear of such an event and remain emotionless.

My husband and I concluded that Jodi's mother's lack of emotion was a result of her knowing that Jodi was not sodomized by Travis immediately after being baptized by him.

No emotion by Jodi and mom = did not happen.

What bothered me was that she described it as rape, but he stopped when she asked him to and said that if it didn't hurt, she wouldn't have wanted him to stop.

That's what I'm hoping. I don't think she'll be able to stay calm. She's already had some anger and jealousy seep out when she was talking about the drunk girl. Imagine how she'll behave when someone is combative with her.

I kinda think its more important to prove she's a cold blooded murder than a liar. If the jurors were paying attention... She's already a proven liar.

No Dr Drew wanted a male, understandably. They asked me back for next week but i will be working out of town :(

The following week I imagine I'll be asked again as I'll be attending again.

I hope this does not come across as the opposite of how I mean it, BUT what was the purpose of having a male, what I mean is what did he add???

Do we know that there is no court on 2/14 or just not listed yet? Thanks!

There is nothing listed. I believe that means that there is probably no court on Thursday... but as we know, it can change. :) There was a poster a few days/threads back that said there was a hearing scheduled for that day but it is not on the official trial schedule.

I tivo'ed the live stream yesterday and watched it last night with my husband. We were both dumbstruck by the lack of emotion displayed by Jodi's mother. This was during Jodi's account of practically being anally raped just after her baptism. The camera shot over to Jodi's mom, and nothing, zip, not a tear or anything. Even if Jodi was able to contain her emotions while described this supposed sodomizing event, no mother in the world could hear of such an event and remain emotionless.

My husband and I concluded that Jodi's mother's lack of emotion was a result of her knowing that Jodi was not sodomized by Travis immediately after being baptized by him.

No emotion by Jodi and mom = did not happen.

Or... The apple didn't fall far from the tree.

They're in evidence so yes, and you know he will.

I would ask questions about every single injury, one by one with the photos.
So where in the sequence was this injury inflicted... was Travis still attacking you at this point .... for every single injury.

This is perfect!!! This is what I'd like to know also, where/when/what was the abuse JA had to protect herself from on THAT day.

IIRC in Jodiland she stated "Pollyanna (followed by) *advertiser censored* Star" was what Travis said.

Or... The apple didn't fall far from the tree.

LOL
Does anyone else wonder what Jodi's mom meant by flashing her #1 mom pendant at Jodi (after Jodi had just described how her mom hit her as a child)?

Was Jodi's mom threatening her with telling the COMPLETE truth about her childhood? I hope so. I'll bet Jodi's childhood behavior falls into the definition of Conduct Disorder.

Kinda yeah... The defendant offered it up as part of a self defense claim.

So, she said that she felt threatened because of this? Acted in self defense because of this?

Or was this just more of the building a narrative and it's the actual circumstances as a whole and not a singular "He called me a Pollyann, so I had to kill him"?

No more like 11:30 if you are one hour ahead. It's 8:05 here right now.

Hey Katie, good morning :-) So can just anyone sit in the court room? I would love to actually watch JM in person when he questions JA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member