Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #26 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This "Polyanna Comment" by JA is very conflicting - in my opinion, because: JA wants the Jury to believe Travis didn't refer to her as A *advertiser censored*....YET, she wants the Jury to believe Travis deserved to be killed/murdered by her.

MOO

If JA doesn't want the jury to think TA referred to her that way then why does she keep telling them that TA called her that and many other names which were sexually degrading?

That's exactly what JA and Nurmi want the jury to think.

Where I think the defense is going: TA wanted the sex to continue but didn't want to commit. JA was tired of being degraded and abused and only made that final, fateful trip for a last goodbye and to break it off. Travis was having none of it. He was already miffed, but suddenly and totally snapped when she dropped the camera. He attacked her and she had no choice but to stab him. When he didn't immediately die, but instead lunged toward her, she had to stab him again, and again, and again, and again (all a giant blur, she can't remember slitting his throat) but then she finally had to shoot him to ensure that he stopped attacking her. She knew that no one would believe the awful truth -- she could barely believe it herself -- so she had to make up the false absence and ninja intruder stories. But when finally arrested and charged, she knew that she had to tell the truth, because that's what Travis would have wanted.

She isn't always a little wimp either. The mouse that roared?

Right, in all of her previous-to-being-arrested pictures, she was this BLONDE BOMBSHELL with the long, wavy hair and the bright lips and eyes. Our Katiecoolady has described her in the courtroom as so mousy she wouldn't even catch your eye in a crowd.

Hey, Sleuth!:seeya: What part of Tx. are you in? I am in far N. Tx. close to Ok. border.

Howdy!! I'm in the ATX (Austin)! It's a BEAUTIFUL day out today I might add...too bad I'm only enjoying it from my office window!!

I was surprised because everyone says she is so tiny. She does not look that thin. I think she is much heavier than that.

I am about that and was surprised at how chunky she looked walking in the courthouse from behind. Denial. Time for a mirror look for me

I'll take that and run...she is 250 lbs. :floorlaugh:

I don't see her as a gold digger. I think she was looking for love.

PS - I get that those of you who think that she is pure evil will have a problem with my theory, so flame away.

I think she was into money.

The comments about never having a dinner like at PPL. Just seeing it as a server.

The Lexus comment about Chris H

Not buying gas cans, but borrowing them even though her plan was pretty thought out,

Buying pants on sale that don't fit. I have done that, though,

But, I agree, I think she was looking for her version of love. It is a basic human need, look at Harlow!'s monkey studies.

Look at the studies of children raised in orphanages. Look at Maslow's hierarchy of needs, Look at "failure to thrive". We all need need it.

Sure, her's is twisted and even comical when you think of the pain she suffered over trivia, but I bet we all know people who take umbrage at things that are not
meant as slights.

As a matter of fact, one of the ways that are being used to reduce violence in schools is to deal with issues that are not meant as hostile.

Kids who are hyper vigilant perceive things as threats. Someone bumping into them is enough to get a gun shot. There are efforts being made to work with students on these issue.

Anyway, I agree that she was looking for love

I just watched this. Why is it that Dr. Drew and some of the other fine folks on HLN go to the trouble of getting such guests and then refuse to let them talk?
It seems to be all about them and it's infuriating.

Spot on.

Vinnie talking about Spidey underwear and saying he thinks it is related to Carmen Diaz in Charlie's Angels doing her little underwear dance

Well, I think Vinnie should reenact that scene for us :dance:

I'm skimming to catch up, but came across a couple of posts that seem to be saying the gun JA used has been found in the engine compartment of the rental car. Is this true? (I Googled and only found an article, dated January 29, 2013, saying the weapons used have never been found.)

This is of interest to me in that I'm hoping one of the questions Juan asks her is, "What did you do with the gun, Jodi, and why did you dispose of it?"

P.S. I have a theory she dumped it in Nevada.

That was the get out of dodge car. Different gun. I think the real gun is in the dessert somewhere when she "ran out of gas"(voice mail she left him after murdering him) or the "got lost" lie she told Ryan (I think that was his name)

Hi, Otto. As a previous poster noted, Jodi's view of the world is not yours or mine. I was struck, for instance, by her very weird reaction to the incident with drunken woman. Apparently, this woman was a long-time friend or associate of Travis and his friends.

Travis responded to her bizarre behavior by interacting, treating the matter lightly. To me, this seems a typical reaction from him: He was very interactive and quite willing to embarrass himself even as he was rolling with the situation.

Jodi hadn't known the woman long, indeed if at all (In her testimony, she speaks as if the woman was a stranger.) She responds in two ways, both of which, to me, seem odd: First, she filmed the woman's inebriated antics because she found them funny. To me, this seems cruel: Why capture someone's unfortunate embarrassing moment on film? And then, even more oddly, Jodi takes Travis' quite characteristic behavior as a personal insult. She stalks off, angry, and humiliated, and hides in the bathroom.

To me, Travis' response was both typical and more humane. But to Jodi, it was a jury-worthy moment of the abuse that helped justify this crime.

Good post. I was bothered by Jodi's pointing out that the woman had ample "cleavage" that rubbed against Travis. The easily understandable circumstances caused jealousy and discomfort for Jodi because she perceived the action to be overtly sexual. I thought that her comment was just plain mean given the fact that Jodi has had breast implants. I'm sure the jury doesn't know about this, but Jodi must have thought that her own "cleavage" was lacking at one time and decided to do something about it. During her testimony, Jodi has made many of these "holier than thou" comments that make her very unlikeable. :moo:

Troubled, I recognized you were being sarcastic with your "Polyanna comment." Please continue posting and commenting. I enjoy your posts.

My personal opinion about Jodi Arias' "Polyanna comment:" I think it was her attempt to make listeners (The Jury) believe Travis veiwed her as some type of "goodie two shoes" and not "a *advertiser censored*"... since she had been referred to as A *advertiser censored* by Travis' friends.

This "Polyanna Comment" by JA is very conflicting - in my opinion, because: JA wants the Jury to believe Travis didn't refer to her as A *advertiser censored*....YET, she wants the Jury to believe Travis deserved to be killed/murdered by her.

MOO
: a person characterized by irrepressible optimism and a tendency to find good in everything
— Pollyanna adjective

When I hear Pollyanna I think of a naive kinda person always seeing good in people kinda in La..La.. land.. not relating to real world issues very well... lived in bubble and can not relate to certain things does not understand .JMO

This ^^. Totally agree.

I second that! If you look at everyone else he's had on the stand he's fast on his feet and allows no time for ramblin! "Is that a yes or a no?" And if you want to blab he'll call you out for being non-responsive ♥♥

Anything new being televised today?

Hi Tulessa! Your best bet would be to go to the Caylee thread and ask! :floorlaugh:

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/01/22/cops-jodi-arias-was-ready-flee?clusterId=1303#videoplayer

Second gun and knives...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally, a Google search in this thread that was enjoyable!

I agree 100%... I have stopped going to some of this case's links. :what:

we had the girl parts rejuvination link and some others that I am trying to forget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required