Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #26 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM. Not even one single shot. IMO.

She did not have to drive there in the first place.
She could have gone on her way to meet her next date.

All true. However, if your life truly were in danger (and you could prove that), then the level of force necessary to save your life would have to be considered 'reasonable.' A gun shot or 2 is (reasonable) in such a situation. Stabbing someone 27+ times, including in the back, then slitting their throat ear to ear is not a reasonable defensive response. It smacks of pure rage and revenge. A jury will have to consider whether Arias' actions that day were 'reasonable' and if she had to stab him 27+ times to "defend her life."

She didn't. No one does. If she didn't have the gun and/or knife with her in that bathroom, then when she went to get them she could have kept running away as she was dressed. If she had those items with her in the bathroom, then she needs to explain why and why she would go in a bathroom with weapons while this "abusive guy" was in the shower, with the door closed. Bottomline: in either scenario she could have gotten away, she had the advantage at every point, and her story doesn't make sense and her actions are not 'reasonable' for someone trying to save her own life and escape. No matter how much any juror likes her or may feel sorry for her or may even believe her ramblings, when all is said and done, they will have to deliberate with their fellow jurors and explain exactly why Arias' killing in that way was reasonable and her only choice. And good luck with that!

DB seems like he was a decent man. Certainly loves his son. Had a nice home and generally steady employment.

Speaking of DB, what's the deal with JA taking photos of men in the shower she is involved with? I can't figure out if the one of DB is in a shower, tub or pool in that one photo but both he and TA are wet and looking directly into the camera.

I saw her in court and she looks very tiny to me in person. I weigh about 130'ish and I'm a little taller than her. I think she's got a similar or maybe smaller frame than I do and that she would weigh less than me even if we were the same height. I think 115-120'ish sounds about right.

Geez. Maybe it was the light colored pants she was wearing that day.

I am not happy.

All true. However, if your life truly were in danger (and you could prove that), then the level of force necessary to save your life would have to be considered 'reasonable.' A gun shot or 2 is (reasonable) in such a situation. Stabbing someone 27+ times, including in the back, then slitting their throat ear to ear is not a reasonable defensive response. It smacks of pure rage and revenge. A jury will have to consider whether Arias' actions that day were 'reasonable' and if she had to stab him 27+ times to "defend her life."

She didn't. No one does. If she didn't have the gun and/or knife with her in that bathroom, then when she went to get them she could have kept running away as she was dressed. If she had those items with her in the bathroom, then she needs to explain why and why she would go in a bathroom with weapons while this "abusive guy" was in the shower, with the door closed. Bottomline: in either scenario she could have gotten away, she had the advantage at every point, and her story doesn't make sense and her actions are not 'reasonable' for someone trying to save her own life and escape.

Hey Madeleine.
If someone WAS actually abused by another... could you see that kind of rage coming out?

Like shooting the abuser until all bullets gone/etc.

I agree 100%... I have stopped going to some of this case's links. :what:

we had the girl parts rejuvination link and some others that I am trying to forget.

You're not the only one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At the first I think there was something, but as time went by Travis saw Jodi had nothing to give him other than sex and he was getting tired of that. She wasn't someone he wanted to marry.
Jodi knew there was fresh virginal Lisa that Travis wanted. I think she also made that trip to kill Lisa and that was going to be with the knife. More personal and close.
Or Mimi. I'm thinking Mimi was her next target because Mimi was going to Cancun, not her.

I'm skimming to catch up, but came across a couple of posts that seem to be saying the gun JA used has been found in the engine compartment of the rental car. Is this true? (I Googled and only found an article, dated January 29, 2013, saying the weapons used have never been found.)

This is of interest to me in that I'm hoping one of the questions Juan asks her is, "What did you do with the gun, Jodi, and why did you dispose of it?"

P.S. I have a theory she dumped it in Nevada.

The gun found in the rental car is not the same gun used in the murder. It is a 9mm and the gun used in the murder was a .25. I also can't wait for Juan's questions regarding the disposal of weapons, etc.

Hey nosey parker, I had the same reaction when I finally saw it too :lol: made my eyes cross for days

She didn't. No one does. If she didn't have the gun and/or knife with her in that bathroom, then when she went to get them she could have kept running away as she was dressed. If she had those items with her in the bathroom, then she needs to explain why and why she would go in a bathroom with weapons while this "abusive guy" was in the shower, with the door closed. Bottomline: in either scenario she could have gotten away, she had the advantage at every point, and her story doesn't make sense and her actions are not 'reasonable' for someone trying to save her own life and escape.
Your posts always highlight the crux of the matter, IMO.

For Southern Baptist it is called "backsliding"... I am sure every religion recognizes that we are all just human beings. We are far from being perfect. We can NEVER BE perfect. The only thing we can try for is to follow the principles and teachings of our belief system. Travis was a human first. A man second. I am sure the Mormon church recognizes that all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.

So in my opinion, his "sin" in no way equals the ultimate penalty = death. Who could even think it could? What would equal killing someone else? Self defense against lethal force? Or trying to save yourself from yet another beating by someone after much, MUCH, brutal and excessive abuse. Now, I am sure JA is going to concoct the most horrendous story about the day of the murder. So get ready everybody. Or it might be something as silly as "I dropped his camera, he yelled at me. I felt that the master was attacking me." GMAB.

All of this other dirtying up of Travis's reputation is just noise to take away from the fact that she killed him in premeditated cold blood. It should not be happening, but with our justice system unfortunately the perp can say just about anything about a dead victim. Sad, sad, sad.

There were a few post last week,on several of Travis's friends talking about his natural man and his struggle.
Some didn't understand the concept? of the daily struggle we all go through, but it was more so for Travis I think. Travis and his siblings came out from horrendous abuse and their grandmother took then in. She gave her all and brought them up in the Mormon faith.

We have a new member, Mormon Attorney that also gave "the spirit is will, but he flesh is weak" is what we war with in. I think it's more so for the Mormon's than others, in overcoming the struggle.

That makes sense. But wasn't another woman supposed to go with him? I was wondering if she tried to contact him. Or maybe JA sent her a text cancelling?

She is the reason they found him.

Geez. Maybe it was the light colored pants she was wearing that day.

I am not happy.

Or they're supplying clothes 3 times to big.

Just like lowering her chair at the defense table.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't see her as a gold digger. I think she was looking for love.

PS - I get that those of you who think that she is pure evil will have a problem with my theory, so flame away.

No flame here.:seeya: But I do think she is/was looking for the whole package. A man well respected by his peers, with high values and goals, social status, good looking, and of course money never hurts. She needs to validate herself and believes that by being loved/needed by a man with those qualities she, in turn, would be viewed as having the same qualities. Perception is EVERYTHING to Jodi.

I would like to hear your theory. I unplugged my corded flame-thrower and poured myself a tall glass of Sassy water.

Expound away!

This is big-time moo. K?
Here is a big reason I do not think she is straight up psychopath - we haven't seen a history of criminal behavior.
She has always kept a job, no stealing, seems to always want to pay her way - not psychopath behavior.
Definitely controlling, lack of empathy, no boundaries indicates Cluster B - I'm thinking borderline and/or narcissistic personality disorder.

Check out this episode of Wives with Knives. Whatever this lady has, I think it is what Jodi has:
http://investigation.discovery.com/tv-shows/wives-with-knives/videos/the-scorned-socialite.htm
Note what the forensic shrink says at the end, she'll never kill again as long as she never falls in and loses love again.

Hey Madeleine.
If someone WAS actually abused by another... could you see that kind of rage coming out?

Like shooting the abuser until all bullets gone/etc.

We did see that kind of rage in the Susan Wright case. She stabbed her husband 192 times after tying him spread eagle to the bed. She said she was an abused wife. I believe her. However, her killing was rage-based, not "save my life" based. She was convicted of 2nd degree murder by that TX jury.

...I think that's a big part of why she killed Travis, because he wasn't conforming to her fantasy. In her psycho mind, she was going to be Mrs Alexander.

IMO

Agree, but I think it goes further and deeper...

a) From his various friends' accounts and based on his own blog, Travis DESPERATELY wanted to marry. He very likely fell hard for Jodi and talked about marrying her. But it usually happens that these fast & furious loves flame-out just as quickly. In Jodi's mind, Travis took her to the mountain top, then abandoned her.

b) Jodi also gave up her "sure thing" with Darryl, based probably on Travis's words -- his short-lived thoughts of a future with her. She could have stayed with Darryl and had someone to keep taking care of her. So, it's all Travis's fault that she had nowhere to go but to a childlike room in her grandparents' home. Travis set her back financially and otherwise.

c) Jodi gambled on her ability to trap Travis with sex, and lost. He beat her, he won. He wanted a good, normal girl more than he needed kinky sex with her. How dare he insult her, drumming into her soul that she wasn't good enough for him? He started out much lower in life than SHE did, after all.

Jodi feels that Travis is the cause of her tearing-up her life, then he insulted her esteem to the core. Her anger over time didn't subside. Instead, it just kept growing. Her soul could not rest until she paid him back.

Based on all the evidence and mess she left behind, Jodi really didn't care if she'd have to sit in prison or get fried. She'd already lost everything. She got him back; that's all that mattered. She's very sick, a truly black soul.

No flame here.:seeya: But I do think she is/was looking for the whole package. A man well respected by his peers, with high values and goals, social status, good looking, and of course money never hurts. She needs to validate herself and believes that by being loved/needed by a man with those qualities she, in turn, would be viewed as having the same qualities. Perception is EVERYTHING to Jodi.

Right. The guy on tv last night said looking in her eyes was like looking into a mirror... she acted/looked like she thought you wanted her to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aqfina2000