Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #26 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI- Vinnie up after the break on IS to discuss the stolen laptop. I hope we hear if anything else was taken.

I definitely think she's making up a lot of this and portraying TA in the best way but it also seems like she could make it a LOT worse. I mean, if you're going to lie, why not go all out and make it worse than *advertiser censored* and Pollyanna? Or that he totally flipped his lid when she dated other guys. Instead of "his tone sounded annoyed" why not say he started raising his voice and scaring her?? Maybe that part is coming. :(

FWIW (not much, probably!) I have zero issues with the speed or nature of sexual encounters that she's explaining. I'm totally saddened by the *advertiser censored*-shaming when I read comments saying that she was giving the milk away and no wonder she wasn't marriage material contrasted with comments about TA just "being a guy".

I tivo'ed the live stream yesterday and watched it last night with my husband. We were both dumbstruck by the lack of emotion displayed by Jodi's mother. This was during Jodi's account of practically being anally raped just after her baptism. The camera shot over to Jodi's mom, and nothing, zip, not a tear or anything. Even if Jodi was able to contain her emotions while described this supposed sodomizing event, no mother in the world could hear of such an event and remain emotionless.

My husband and I concluded that Jodi's mother's lack of emotion was a result of her knowing that Jodi was not sodomized by Travis immediately after being baptized by him.

No emotion by Jodi and mom = did not happen.

I've wondered this too and cannot imagine having to hear the details of one of my children's sex life. I would imagine she was totally briefed before and knew exactly what was going to be said and had to work hard to be stoic.

While on her parents..I keep thinking about her saying earlier that she had to go out and check to see if her dad had disconnected something on her car because he did that a lot so it wouldnt start. Now I have 5 kids (youngest is "3 months from turning 18") and that IMO normally you just say "you're grounded" and they respect that. You don't have to hide keys much less immobilize the car so they will mind. Sounds like she was repeatedly defiant...she had "figured out" how to reconnect the car so that wasn't her first rodeo in that arena either. I don't buy the child abuse story at all. IMO her mother and father are also being sacrificed

Or... The apple didn't fall far from the tree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you hit the nail on the head. I felt the same way- Jodi's mom shows zero affect except a feigned smile at times, like Jodi. And here we have Jodi testifying than beneath that demure surface lies a woman who beat her repeatedly and had this fiery hostile rage inside her. I only hope Juan employs this parallel during cross-exam.

My mother has no clue about my sex life and I plan to keep it that way - I have no reason to believe Jodi's mom knows any more than my own.

So, she said that she felt threatened because of this? Acted in self defense because of this?

Or was this just more of the building a narrative and it's the actual circumstances as a whole and not a singular "He called me a Pollyann, so I had to kill him"?
When asked by Nurmi why she killed Travis she said, "He attacked me and I defended myself."

LOL
Does anyone else wonder what Jodi's mom meant by flashing her #1 mom pendant at Jodi (after Jodi had just described how her mom hit her as a child)?

Was Jodi's mom threatening her with telling the COMPLETE truth about her childhood? I hope so. I'll bet Jodi's childhood behavior falls into the definition of Conduct Disorder.

Absolutely agree!

So, she said that she felt threatened because of this? Acted in self defense because of this?

Or was this just more of the building a narrative and it's the actual circumstances as a whole and not a singular "He called me a Pollyann, so I had to kill him"?

ALL of Jodi's ramblings is for the purpose of defending her actions and self defense claims.

Oh you know it. She even has audience members to give her feedback .

I totally agree. I watched the morning session and logged of WS to just focus on JA. I thought she was sounding believable to someone who doesn't have the benefit of knowing all the information and able to discuss it like us (jury). BUT by the afternoon session she was glib smiling and back to rambling so I think she got positive feed back at lunch and it went to her head.

I definitely think she's making up a lot of this and portraying TA in the best way but it also seems like she could make it a LOT worse. I mean, if you're going to lie, why not go all out and make it worse than *advertiser censored* and Pollyanna? Or that he totally flipped his lid when she dated other guys. Instead of "his tone sounded annoyed" why not say he started raising his voice and scaring her?? Maybe that part is coming. :(

FWIW (not much, probably!) I have zero issues with the speed or nature of sexual encounters that she's explaining. I'm totally saddened by the *advertiser censored*-shaming when I read comments saying that she was giving the milk away and no wonder she wasn't marriage material contrasted with comments about TA just "being a guy".

IMO she has to walk a fine line... After all she drove how many miles? Repeatedly.

LOL
Does anyone else wonder what Jodi's mom meant by flashing her #1 mom pendant at Jodi (after Jodi had just described how her mom hit her as a child)?

Was Jodi's mom threatening her with telling the COMPLETE truth about her childhood? I hope so. I'll bet Jodi's childhood behavior falls into the definition of Conduct Disorder.

The mom held the pendant up in a loving way imo.

Speaking of going off the rails, did you see Beth on Dr. Drew? It was awesome. "There were erections everywhere! To the left of us, to the right of us, erections!" I have never seen her that animated before.

It's our beautiful Arizona night time weather LOL

:floorlaugh:
Tap dancing on her boy shorts! Brilliant!

I cannot wait for Juan to tear her aprt on cross and blow her BS outta the ball park in his rebuttal.

However, the actress that she is, I think she may remain perfectly calm while he blasts her. What do you think?
The only acting we've seen from her is when she's been allowed to control the narrative to some extent. I believe once she is challenged we will see a much different Jodi Arias. I don't believe she's a particularly good actress, either, and I think she's going to stumble to explain her actions and deceptions. IMO people who see beyond the mask of a psychopath are their biggest threat. If anyone can expose Arias it's Martinez.

I certainly hope the jury doesn't fall for JA's tales as it is clear to me that she was the abuser. While some women may return to their abuser it is often young women who have had little experience about what a relationship is supposed to be or they live ( and are financially dependent upon ) with and/or they have children with their abuser. JA is not a young innocent woman, no matter how she tries to appear on the stand. He didn't convince her to do something she had never done before. I think she was the aggressor. JA used sex to control people and TA didn't allow her to control him. It was his mistake. She has a new man in her life? No big surprise. MOO
I'm hoping the prosecution addresses this on rebuttal because what I bolded was the very first inkling I had her abuse claims were false. Since she began testifying there are several more examples of her actions, and Travis', that are totally atypical (and unbelievable) of everything we know of abusive relationships from decades of research.

While I do believe her psychopath charm may work on one juror at this stage of testimony, it will be difficult for any male or female to fathom the brutality of this crime. Juan will be sure to point out each wound to remind them. I feel sorry for a girl who was used does not translate into 'it was OK to nearly decapitate him, stab him 27 times and shoot him in the face"

IMO
'Beguiling temptress' would be a definition I would associate with a 'good' female psychopath and I am just not seeing it with her. I believe, like you, she may be able to influence one juror with her helpless female persona but her brand of psychopath is totally incapable of swaying 18 strangers on an emotional level. (Of course this could all be for naught if a charismatic leader emerges in the jury room that does believe her claims.)

This is a really good article that looks specifically at female psychopathic murderers: http://www.all-about-forensic-psychology.com/support-files/female-psychopathic-killers.pdf

I've wondered this too and cannot imagine having to hear the details of one of my children's sex life. I would imagine she was totally briefed before and knew exactly what was going to be said and had to work hard to be stoic.

While on her parents..I keep thinking about her saying earlier that she had to go out and check to see if her dad had disconnected something on her car because he did that a lot so it wouldnt start. Now I have 5 kids (youngest is "3 months from turning 18") and that IMO normally you just say "you're grounded" and they respect that. You don't have to hide keys much less immobilize the car so they will mind. Sounds like she was repeatedly defiant...she had "figured out" how to reconnect the car so that wasn't her first rodeo in that arena either. I don't buy the child abuse story at all. IMO her mother and father are also being sacrificed
Reminded me of the Anthony's when GA made sure that KC couldn't come back and use the car...

What bothered me was that she described it as rape, but he stopped when she asked him to and said that if it didn't hurt, she wouldn't have wanted him to stop.

That testimony confused me, Jodi claims it was a form of rape? did she say rape? but then says he stopped when she asked to him to? why would she say Travis stopped? why not just go for gusto and say he didn't stop? I am going to take a wild guess and say she has told this story before and the Prosecutor could have a witness.

Magpie, it will be at 11:30 here in Texas!

Yeah, but unfortunately Beth Karas tweeted that it will be a closed courtroom. No press, no cameras, and no courtroom observers. :banghead: I'm gonna check the live feed just in case, but I'm sure Beth is right. :(

That testimony confused me, Jodi claims it was a form of rape? did she say rape? but then says he stopped when she asked to him to? why would she say Travis stopped? why not just go for gusto and say he didn't stop? I am going to take a wild guess and say she has told this story before and the Prosecutor could have a witness.

The insinuation was it was forced. I don't know why she would claim it either when they have her on video saying that he never raped her.

He's an odd duck. I do think Jodi has a way of casting spells on men with charm.

What I'd like to know, but will never find out because TA is dead, is why he continued to have relations with her after she started going psycho on him?

This right here is why I worry about the males on the jury.

After listening to several hours of the JA testimony I find it hard to decide who is the most annoying- JA or Keith Nurmi. While JA is egregiously nauseating in her acting lying and hypocrisy Nurmi in many respects is more bothersome.
His repetitive tics, like sticking the right hand in the pocket and swinging the left hand in a circular motion, behave as if this left hand motion functions to extract words out of his bovine brain. Nurmi’s slow halting mindnumbing repetition of words and his unimaginative questions are grating. His speech rhythm is at first soporific and later irksome.
Nurmi’s constant inappropriate use of the phrase “ at this point in time” is like someone scratching a chalk board. In short the US Department of Defense or CIA no longer needs to use “torture techniques” to extract confessions from terrorists, rather the government merely needs to park Nurmi at a podium and let him act as if he is a real trial lawyer. Under those conditions the culprit would quickly cave and scream “no more; no more. . . .please do not Nurmi me anymore!”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member