Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #26 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She made a point of saying that her fathers belt beatings didn't leave welts but that her mother's spoon beatings did. ???

Odd huh? More fake emotion for a spoon back when she was 7 ...

Her mom was there in court to hear it. It was Jodi's way of taking a stab at mom. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Respectfully snipped
The only thing I can think is, Jodi seems to place a great deal of importance on "being faithful". Meaning, (I think) not having sexual relations (of any sort) when one has agreed to not date anyone else (ie become "official"). Before one is "official" in Jodi's eyes, any sort of sexual relations with anyone else is fine. However, once one is in an "official relationship" with someone else, there is a high level of faithfulness both parties must uphold, including no sex with others. (Possibly also, no physical attention or eye contact with or directly speaking to people of the opposite sex who is not in your "official relationship".)

So do you think this is her way of justifying in hindsight her dates with Abe and John? IOW, she constructed the "official boyfriend/girlfriend" time period (Feb 2 - Jun 29) in order to exclude any days on which she met with other boys, emailed or called other boys or had dates?

I do not think that any master criminals were stealing the laptop.

How would anyone guess that she had documents on that laptop? I would assume all documents were given to the court already .

I did not have as sensitive of a job as this woman, but we sure did get training on the keeping of documents. And on computers, there was no way to enter the information because they were so protected by so many safeguards.

Of course, some master computer person probably could get in, but I do not believe JA has one on board. But who knows. A thief and then a master hacker? Why?

They can order new testing on her,

I would hope any professional would have a back up system. There is so much that might have happened to the laptop, besides being stolen, and I would assume the state would want copies of everything as it proceeded.

Thanks you, thank you. He's GOT to know his client is lying, yet he's trying to get her to lie even more dramatically!! The entire SD claim is simply a way to trash Travis. Nurmi KNOWS it was not SD, but has no problem eliciting false testimony from his client.
There are ethics involved, and IMO, Nurmi has crossed the line of obligation long ago. We also know he lied to Sky - was this part of his "obligation"?
I agree with Sky's opinion of him as a snake.

I agree that this JA defense is very troubling since it is HIGHLY likely that the entire defense team knows the self defense story is a total fabrication. Similarly Jose Baez promised a totally concocted implausible – indeed risible – story that George killed Casey. Baez naturally had to know this alternative theory was ludicrous yet he set about presenting it as if it “truly happened”. Baez was and is highly unethical and his ilk denigrates US jurisprudence. The defense attorney community all claim they are “duty bound” to do “ALL” possible to “free their client” or mitigate the sentence their clients receive. Defense lawyers are officers of the court and swear to be HONEST and NOT to suborn perjury. Nurmi et al are CLEARLY violating this code of ethics unless Nurmi et al are insane.
Jose Baez et al also violated the code of ethics and continues to do so with a broad smile. The OJ Simpson lawyers however did not violate this code of ethics. The Simpson team attacked the state’s evidence and credibility which tactic is totally appropriate and proper.
So the new age of Media Circus Trials where a defense team provides us with far flung ridiculous stories PLUS Media Talking Head “*advertiser censored*” opining how “brilliant” such moves are has reduced these serious matters as nothing more than “low brow crime TV entertainment”.
I also believe crime channels and networks ie In Session are complicit in this degradation of jurisprudence since these high profile trials are treated as nothing more than sporting events. The daily trial clips are treated as football replays for the viewing audience. For TV network executives “justice” is irrelevant and jurisprudence means “bleeping out” the word “ejaculation”.
Talking heads squeamishly talk about - that dirty word - “______ sex” and that – “erect _____” while smirking and implying to the viewing audience “how ghastly- how outrageous” and then privately note with grave interest what their overnight ratings were.
The In Session talking head forum is geared strictly as a shouting match - just like Housewives of NJ are supposed to scream at each other. It boosts their ratings. If the talking heads were ever confronted with this charge they would sanctimoniously deny any degrading effects of their show or comments and invoke “the audience right to know”. The female commentators spend more time getting their faces foreheads and lips botoxed and arranging their TV compatible wardrobe than actually viewing the trial transcript.
Sadly, outrageous defense tactics – when TV coverage is present - and TV’s love of “train wrecks and the grotesque” are part of the American low brow culture. It indicates that trial lawyers, murderers, breathless TV commentators characterize a new genre of American entertainment.

Did you glean this from the lying murderers testimony?
No, I gleaned it from their on again off again, no wife material, but I'll bang you attitude he had, and there's nothing at all wrong with that in the least; it takes two to tango in a relationship like that and Jodi is not some poor innocent who was abused by Travis - it goes both ways. She used him, too, thinking of him as a meal ticket, a way out of her grandparents house. When he refused to allow her to manipulate him into a relationship, she slaughtered him in cold blood.

Travis wasn't any different than millions of young people, grappling with their religion and sex; he was a hypocrite, yes, but that's not an indictment on his character, I've been there, and I'm willing to bet a lot of us has grappled with what we know is right vs what feels good. He was not an abuser or a bad person; he was just a guy struggling internally, trying to find himself and his way back to his Church, but Jodi took his life before he could find the strength to overcome temptation.

I've read a bit about Travis' life and he was a remarkable young man who had to 'overcome' something his entire life. I have no doubt he would have found the strength to end things with Jodi once and for all. It's my opinion she knew that too, and that's why she slaughtered a defenseless man.

I hope the jury give her the harshest punishment they can.

IMO, as always.

I believe she is too. Her demeanor and narcissism is very young teen, and I don't think she could maintain that through several hours/days on the stand if it were not inherent. Nurmi is definitely playing it up, imo. Interesting, though probably nauseous, what the DV expert will do with it. Forensics prove she was the killer; the murder was overkill; and circumstantial evidence concludes premeditation. I could see the defence originally going for 'crime of passion', but self-defence??

Right? They would have had a better shot at crime of passion -- 2nd degree murder, no death penalty and possibility of parole. They probably could have gotten in the same info about Jodi's past and all this baloney about Travis too. :waitasec:

hmmmmm my kitchen smells like peanut butter cookies LOL just wanted to share that

I think that Arias is getting exactly what she wants. She probably watched the Casey Anthony trial and saw that the more meddling from the media, the more convoluted the case becomes and the more likely it will be that she gets off with a miniumum sentence. I suspect that Arias made the initial contact with media because she wanted her trial to be splashed all over the news. I completely avoided reading anything about the case until the last week ... somehow hoping that if one less person followed the case, maybe Arias wouldn't get her wish. Of course, one person doesn't make a difference.

From what I've seen of her testimony, I think that she wants to drag this out as long as possible so that everyone forgets to keep their eye on the ball ... that the jury will break down during deliberations because one holdout will be caught in the web of lies about sexual abuse and somehow think that this was a justifiable homicide.

I half think that her mother is taking notes because she and Arias plan to write a book when it's all over - instant millionaires.

IMO, it was his desire for sex.
https://www.lalookandrejuvenation.com/testosterone-levels-by-age

Testosterone is highest in a man's body between 4 am and 8 a.m. That's when Jodi showed up at his home at least on two occasions.

Well then it must be her fault totally that he had sex with her. An adult man shouldn't be expected to keep his high testosterone levels in check.

Women need to learn to stop tempting poor menfolks. Otherwise I guess women deserve whatever they get.

/end blatant sarcasm.

RE: TA & JA visited the Hughes (sp?) who told TA that JA would no longer be welcomed as a guest in their home/around their children

Have the Hughes given a full account of that interaction with TA and reasons detailing the events/impressions/actions/statements of what had transpired for them to reach that conclusion/banning?

If so, can someone give a synopsis or direct me to where I might find it to read? TIA

wasn't given time----that was just about when she mentioned the shirt/underwear---and of course the letter THEN sidebar then see ya.....

I wonder if this "letter" was one of the forged documents? This was her way of trying to get those in.

I think it's actually Nurmi who asks to approach the bench after she mentions the nice letter...

There was another time yesterday that Jodi said something and Numri said he didn't want to go there and she shut up. He didn't want Jodi giving Juan anymore open doors to walk through.

he cannot speak for himself

in my mind that does not make him a hypocrite..

:twocents:
I'm sorry, for some reason, everyone is taking this as some sort of slight against him and it's not meant to be. He was a young confused guy who was a hypocrite and was horny - there's nothing terrible about either of those things. He was like every other young person trying to find themselves. Jodi took advantage of that.

All just IMO, of course.

IMO there is no real Jodi. She's an empty shell. All you will ever see is the assortment of masks she shows you. That's all there really is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I absolutely agree with this. I think she was "so and so's girlfriend" for most of her life. If she wanted Bobby, she turned herself into her interpretation of Bobby's dream girl. Eventually pretending would start to get old, she'd probably start to feel bitter and misunderstood like he didn't even know her....because he didn't. She'd never shown him. So, she'd start to lose interest and look for someone else to latch on to.

I think she was only okay when she was the one ending relationships. I think she liked being cherished and put on a pedestal. I think she would do whatever she could to try and lure them back so she could say "You know what? Nevermind, it's over."

What is a parasite with no host? I think she always had to have a man in her life because without one, she was nothing. I think Travis wanted substance and was bored with her lack of personality and tact. He was looking for a life partner and she wasn't it. If she were all he wanted in a woman and he was madly in love with her, I'm not sure if the fact that she wasn't a virgin would've mattered that much. I don't think his lack of interest in her had as much to do with her virginity as it did with her lack of personality.

I don't think she loved Travis. I just think she needed to feel reassurance and he showed her the truth about herself. She needed to feel like she was a dreamgirl and couldn't handle the fact that his standards were higher than she could reach.

She wasn't good enough for him and every attempt she made to prove her worth failed. If he would've begged her to come back to him she probably would've been bored in no time and walked away, but he wasnt giving her a chance to be the one who ends it and she couldn't handle it.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

I think that Arias is getting exactly what she wants. She probably watched the Casey Anthony trial and saw that the more meddling from the media, the more convoluted the case becomes and the more likely it will be that she gets off with a miniumum sentence. I suspect that Arias made the initial contact with media because she wanted her trial to be splashed all over the news. I completely avoided reading anything about the case until the last week ... somehow hoping that if one less person followed the case, maybe Arias wouldn't get her wish. Of course, one person doesn't make a difference.

From what I've seen of her testimony, I think that she wants to drag this out as long as possible so that everyone forgets to keep their eye on the ball ... that the jury will break down during deliberations because one holdout will be caught in the web of lies about sexual abuse and somehow think that this was a justifiable homicide.

I half think that her mother is taking notes because she and Arias plan to write a book when it's all over - instant millionaires.

The woman working with Arias' attorney handed a composition notebook to Arias' mom yesterday as everyone was leaving for a court break.

JMHO
fran

I didn't say anything horrible about Travis. He was a hypocrite who used Jodi for sex, but I was probably not much different when I was young, single and horny. Young people tend to be very sex driven; there's nothing out of the ordinary about Travis or the way he treated Jodi, nor was it cruel and abusive.

I only hope that testimony is given that shows Travis was desperate to get away from Jodi but didn't know what to do. Maybe he had concluded that when he said no to Jodi he and another girl had their tires slashed. Maybe when he said no to Jodi, Jodi came over and watched him and a friend as they slept. Maybe Travis thought to break away gradually so as not to provoke Jodi. Plus if I was some strong guy I may have thought I could physically control her if she tried to attack.

I don't know the battle Travis had between his religious beliefs and him trying to extricate himself from Jodi Arias.

To call him a hypocrite is judging him without any proof other than the words spoken from a known liar's mouth. How can you judge him so harshly?

So do you think this is her way of justifying in hindsight her dates with Abe and John? IOW, she constructed the "official boyfriend/girlfriend" time period (Feb 2 - Jun 29) in order to exclude any days on which she met with other boys, emailed or called other boys or had dates?

I should start my answer by stating that I am not one who believes that she's making up the "official relationship". I do believe she and Travis were exclusively dating, for a time.

If they WERE exclusive, of course the dates of their "relationship" would be of utmost important to her. Probably down to the hour. I thought she and Abe went out AFTER she and Travis broke up? I don't know who John is, but yes, could be.

(What is "IOW"?)

I only hope that testimony is given that shows Travis was desperate to get away from Jodi but didn't know what to do. Maybe he had concluded that when he said no to Jodi he and another girl had their tires slashed. Maybe when he said no to Jodi, Jodi came over and watched him and a friend as they slept. Maybe Travis thought to break away gradually so as not to provoke Jodi. Plus if I was some strong guy I may have thought I could physically control her if she tried to attack.

I don't know the battle Travis had between his religious beliefs and him trying to extricate himself from Jodi Arias.

To call him a hypocrite is judging him without any proof other than the words spoken from a known liar's mouth. How can you judge him so harshly?

Well said! I also believe that he thought that he would be able to handle her if anything was to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC