Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #27 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've caught on to a fascinating body language "tic" I believe Jodi has. When she's recounting THE worst situations, she'll smile slightly. Once she even gave a tiny chuckle.

I'm not certain of what it really means. I'm thinking these smiles are a sign that she's lying -- but I could be wrong. These could also be signs of earnest nervousness (true stories).

But I suspect this slight-smile-tic has to do with lying. I think this because of some body language material I've read. Experts say the body/face always does some type of "release" sign when a lie is being told. Perhaps Jodi's release is this inappropriate, tiny smile -- minor GLEE?!!

Here's where I've noticed it. Definitely when she's telling how:
-- Bobby choked her, she almost passed out, and he threatened to kill her family. (CHUCKLES!?)
-- Travis refused to kiss her after oral in the car / she felt like a prostitute. (CHUCKLES!?)

And here are a few more times I think she may have smiled inappropriately. (I'll have to watch her testimony again to confirm these):
-- When describing talk-less sex the first time, at the Hughes' home.
-- After the Baptism, when Travis took her anally.

It's hard to find any emotion coming from Jodi other than when telling these stories. NONE of these things are humorous: they're HORRIBLE. So why's she smiling & laughing? ... I suspect it's because she is LYING.

When Jodi tells what she did to Travis, I'll be monitoring for her inappropriate Mona Lisa smile...

Perhaps these are true things and she is smiling because she thinks she has finally hit on something that is garnering sympathy - maybe she is noticing that jurors have stopped looking bored at those instances.

I've caught on to a fascinating body language "tic" I believe Jodi has. When she's recounting THE worst situations, she'll smile slightly. Once she even gave a tiny chuckle.

I'm not certain of what it really means. I'm thinking these smiles are a sign that she's lying -- but I could be wrong. These could also be signs of earnest nervousness (true stories).

But I suspect this slight-smile-tic has to do with lying. I think this because of some body language material I've read. Experts say the body/face always does some type of "release" sign when a lie is being told. Perhaps Jodi's release is this inappropriate, tiny smile -- minor GLEE?!!

-- Bobby choked her, she almost passed out, and he threatened to kill her family.
-- Travis refused to kiss her after she gave him oral in the car.

And here are a few more times I think she may have smiled inappropriately. (I'll have to watch her testimony again to confirm these):

It's hard to find any emotion coming from Jodi other than when telling these stories. NONE of these things are humorous: they're HORRIBLE. So why's she smiling & laughing? ... I suspect it's because she is LYING.

This is what I'll be looking for when she tells what she did to Travis -- her inappropriate little Mona Lisa smile...

Very Astute of you MsCharlie!

I agree . . . . she has a way of having an incongruent affect when she is talking about those things that are harmful/degrading etc. . . . .

The "victim" part would only even enter this scenario if
1) she were handcuffed/tied up against her will
2) she was kept in a closet/tent/container of some sort
3) just because she didn't stop and walk away - does not give her license to kill - three times over!

I would love to see a collage of the moments when she smiles just prior to disclosing "difficult" times in her life!

I think @ this point - JA has continued to insist that she testify - despite her Atty telling her she has no chance of lwop.

Point taken. Which is why the words "only" and "never" should be clarified as opinion as opposed to definitive, as was stated. Or else those not in the fellowship would mistake those words as factual when in fact they are not. IMHO. ;-)

I get your point. I will change it if I can still edit. I was so excited about snow here I was using half my brain. Instead of three-quarters :blushing:

The Nurmi Trial Watch

TOTALS TO DATE:

Number of revolutions of Nurmi’s left hand - 7,563
Number of Nurmi’s “OK” - 387
Number of Nurmi’s “OK” coupled with “aaaaaaaannnnnnnnnndddddd uh” {and} - 1005
Number of “left hand to left ear” brushes - 761
Number of “at that point in time” in the Nurmi questions – 2 302
Number of “let’s back up” or “let’s rewind” in Nurmi questions – 154
Number of “right hand in and out of right pocket” motion – 4509
Length of Nurmi’s facial hair per day- 2.77mm

Can we add marching back and forth, head down and mumbling 3,900?

I believe we'll see the psychological defense experts prior to sentencing.

Remember, according to Jodi, she's a hapless, helpless victim who came within one knife slash or gunshot wound of being a camera-dropping fatality.

OMG, We're having thunder snow here in So. Calif. We've had a little snow before but it is really snowing and thundering Very strange.

There's been weather reports here in NY that we may get "Thunder Snow" too!:what:

It is fascinating to watch her spinning her web of lies......and she has I guess what are called "micro expressions". She seems very smug when, for example, answering that Travis supposedly called her a *advertiser censored*. She looks at the jury....watch her chin, it firms up and juts out ever so slightly. The corners of her mouth get tight, her lips purse, her eyes narrow and flash back to Nurmi. It happens in just a fraction of a second, but yes, you still see the rage, clearly ther.

I get your point. I will change it if I can still edit. I was so excited about snow here I was using half my brain. Instead of three-quarters :blushing:

You're good! I'm just jealous over your snow!!!

The Nurmi Trial Watch

TOTALS TO DATE:

Number of revolutions of Nurmi’s left hand - 7,563
Number of Nurmi’s “OK” - 387
Number of Nurmi’s “OK” coupled with “aaaaaaaannnnnnnnnndddddd uh” {and} - 1005
Number of “left hand to left ear” brushes - 761
Number of “at that point in time” in the Nurmi questions – 2 302
Number of “let’s back up” or “let’s rewind” in Nurmi questions – 154
Number of “right hand in and out of right pocket” motion – 4509
Length of Nurmi’s facial hair per day- 2.77mm

You crack me up!!!!!:floorlaugh:

Love your choice of name here! Love BBT!

Don't resent us Texans for jabbering on about our great weather the last few days...watch us whine and panic in the summer when we are back in the extreme drought conditions! It's been worse, but it's not good here, and at least where I am, every single storm has bypassed us. It's going to be a loooonnnngggg summer again............sigh.

AMEN ain't that the truth. This past summer was my 1st here and OMG I thought it was HOT in Florida (I spent 21 yrs in Cocoa Beach and Orlando) oh HOW WRONG I was. I was stationed in Del Rio TX Laughlin AFB TX for 4 yrs and I sure don't remember it being that hot. And then I went to Fairbanks AK Eielson AFB for 3 yrs OK 1st yr was great, 2nd was OK, 3rd was get me out of here lol I'm anxious to see how this summer goes. I know old ladies sweat - but seriously:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::banghead:

Hi I'm new here but have been following this case from day 0. Fascinatingly tragic. At the moment I am really really worried that the jury may be buying Jodi Arias' meek and mild act. I really hope not. She is so horrid I just hope they see her for the manipulator that she is and she is convicted of slaughtering Travis.
I know that court was not in session yesterday (at least not publicly) but does anybody know if they are in court today?

:Welcome1:

Did anyone count the number of hours of in session, jury seated, court time for last week?

I can't imagine it was any more than about 10 hours total despite seeming painfully much, much, much longer. JMHO

Then again after hearing her life story drag on and on they might welcome it:please:

I think the defense is trying to humanize her by having her just jabber on. She looks composed, cute and normal. It will be harder to vote to execute a normal looking girl than the generic person who committed this crime. Really, what else can the defense do? They aren't stupid. They can see that the evidence leaves them only three things; two of which are blued and tattooed. Can anyone imagine a better strategy for the defense, given her changing statements and all that pesky evidence?

human, IMO, the only "intervention" she had in mind was intervening in TA's life as much as she possibly could.
Her taping of the drunk lady was NOT for pure intentions. I'm not sure she is capable of pure intentions.

I agree! From what I got out of her testimony, Arias thought it was funny that the woman was so drunk and she planned to show the woman the video the next day. Probably to embarrass her, which is pretty sick (JMO) because Arias didn't know this person at all. For all we know, Arias may have been planning to upload it somewhere online for more giggles. When the drunk woman clung onto Travis, Arias's feelings were SO hurt she had to hide and cry in the bathroom for half an hour. Not once did she try to help the woman or offer assistance. She admitted no followup to make the woman was okay. Arias was jealous, but why? It wasn't like Travis was kissing or groping the drunk woman, whom (if she was that tipsy) probably wouldn't even remember any of this encounter the next day.

I believe she was jealous because she viewed all females as competition, drunk or not. In short, Travis was her possession.

Now I don't trust Mona Lisa either.

that's what i've heard from others, as well.. i was just speculating that j.a. may have thought it would destroy the card.

I guess this is where I have an issue with JA being a photographer. I would think a real photographer would know this. I have another question, were there any other pictures on that camera, besides Travis and I'm guessing JA?

AMEN ain't that the truth. This past summer was my 1st here and OMG I thought it was HOT in Florida (I spent 21 yrs in Cocoa Beach and Orlando) oh HOW WRONG I was. I was stationed in Del Rio TX Laughlin AFB TX for 4 yrs and I sure don't remember it being that hot. And then I went to Fairbanks AK Eielson AFB for 3 yrs OK 1st yr was great, 2nd was OK, 3rd was get me out of here lol I'm anxious to see how this summer goes. I know old ladies sweat - but seriously:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::banghead:

I don't know if it was you or a family member that had you living at all the AFB's, but THANK YOU for your family's service to our country.

Proud daughter of a Naval officer, and now a mom and mom-in-law to two wonderful Navy service members.

I moved to TX from CA...and while the central CA valley gets hot, it doesn't have the humidity we have here, along with the heat. It's the humidity that makes it so miserable for much of the summer. Ugh! Let's hope it's a cooler than normal summer for us oldies, haha! :rocker:

I dont remember seeing any,,i will check on her younger sisters myspace photos

OMG ----------------> THANK YOU FOR DOING THAT ---- my gut told me that we might find something!!!!!!!!!!! But, bless you for doing it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TEAM WEBSLEUTHS STRIKES AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-- Bobby choked her, she almost passed out, and he threatened to kill her family. (CHUCKLES!?)
-- Travis refused to kiss her after oral in the car / she felt like a prostitute. (CHUCKLES!?)

When Jodi tells what she did to Travis, I'll be monitoring for her inappropriate Mona Lisa smile...

You're on to something here. Bravo, MsCharlieChan! I realize I haven't been watching her enough. I've been trying to catch the words and the lies, but now need to connect them to what her face tells me. It requires I re-watch because I'm very interested in this particular liar's tiny little facial tells. Thank You!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webgirl60