Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #27 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How freaky is it to see that he claimed her via his name on panties? :what:

I know who in the world would ever joke about such a thing.. smh at her...I think the inside of her head is a black hole..everything we find as humans to be joking and loving she makes a big deal out of. I cant wait for Juan to get up close and personal with her this week.

It's people like Jodi that make me wish I weren't an atheist. I would so like to believe there was a special place waiting for her in hell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didnt believe much in the DP before this case but I have changed my view, and Jodi is deserving of the DP. I hope it takes a long time for Az to kill her I want her to suffer the way she has made TA and his family suffer for years! Jodi is the devils daughter!

OMG did you guys see this ?
Off topic I know ..but no wonder these kids think they are ALL THAT !!
This past week, video of a teenage girl cursing at and flipping off a judge in Miami went viral. Judge Jorge Rodriguez-Chomat didn’t put up with Penelope Soto’s behavior, doubling her bond and sentencing her to 30 days in jail. After serving four days in jail, Soto appeared in court and apologized to the judge. Her attorneys say she was under the influence of drugs and her remarks were inappropriate.

On Friday, Judge Rodriguez-Chomat told Soto, “I should not even hold you as totally responsible. We live in a society where if you listen to music, every other word is a profanity. We live in a society where young people like you feel that it’s perfectly OK to call all kinds of names to their teachers, to their professors and their friends.”

He then vacated the jail sentence and if Soto can pay $5,000 bond, she’ll be able to leave jail.

I have a possible theory about the 'supposed' phone sex recording (all of which is pure speculation, of course,w/o having heard the audio yet - but to me is more in keeping with what is out there re TA and JA's character respectively):

In a previous call/text JA brought up the idea (which could make TA appear to be the initiator, but instead was humoring JA).

When JA fakes her climax, Travis thinks she sounds silly (not sexy) and says she sounds like a 12 year old...

Realizing she might not take too kindly to that, he covers by telling her, "It's so hot."

Just a thought... :)

Yes, like on her Myspace photos he says: "Those branches make you look like a hot Medusa." I am sure he thought Medusa first, but what woman wants to be compared to Medusa, hence the "hot".
I think, IMO, that so many bits of her interwoven lies are actually small truths, and via his sense of humor, being tragically ripped wayyyy out of context.

Have only been watching this one off and on so forgive me if I'm a bit behind you guys on things, but a few things are eating me up!

1. If the gender roles were reversed here and she had been murdered by her stalker after an afternoon of sex in such a brutal manner I think the police and public would have been a lot harsher from the start, I doubt if the stories about 'sexual deviancy' would have made it to a courtroom, and there would be much less airing of her excuses for killing him. I mean imagine a man doing that with a female after nearly decapitating / shooting, and stabbing her to death. His barrister would be like 'seriously dude, don't say jack about anything she did to pi** you off - you'll go down like a sack of ***** and look like the worst b*stard that ever lived .. DO NOT GO THERE!' Also I can't imagine a judge allowing the same amount of bs dirty laundry to be aired about a female victim the same way it's been allowed about Travis. That is sexism and it is wrong.

2. It doesn't matter if she caught Travis doing any number of sinful acts with any number of women or little boys (not that I believe her) it's still capital murder because she definitely meant to kill him and she kept attacking him in a number by a number of different methods until she was absolutely sure he was dead, so therefore she had time to stop the attack and not continue. Murder 1. So all this poor me, he was bad, he huuuurt me testimony is a waste of everybody's time and not relevant.

3. Oh and Travis hurt you did he Jodi, how is that helpful in this case? As in no kidding, what do you think .. People go around killing people that give them a warm fuzzy inside when they think of them? Hello reality Jodi, people kill from anger. Not a defence either, sorry.

Side note: I think people are having some trouble getting their heads around how brutal she was towards Travis - me included. It's like whoa a woman did this? Unbelievable. And I agree DP, I'll say again if the gender roles were reversed there'd be little debate.

Anyway I think she will get done like a dinner and I'm hoping for DP because I think anything less would be sexist to the victim. The only think that makes me think life would be better is the DP will mean endless appeals and we'll never hear the end of her lies and boring stories about every minute aspect of her dull and ridiculous tale of woe.

I didnt believe much in the DP before this case but I have changed my view, and Jodi is deserving of the DP. I hope it takes a long time for Az to kill her I want her to suffer the way she has made TA and his family suffer for years! Jodi is the devils daughter!

I thought for the longest time that it was there for a certain kind of person/crime, then for a few years I've had many thoughts against the DP because of the families involved. (flame me but everybody is somebody's kid) all throughout this trial I've been thinking I'll be more than fine with LWOP but she's bringing me full circle. I'm now thinking it was invented for people like her.

I think there has been a myth floating around since the dark ages that women can't be as brutal, cruel, murderous as the male and it works particularly well when the woman is slight and 'attractive'. I hope this case can be effective in setting this false perception to bed. Looking forward to her true colours coming out when provoked during cross.

OMG did you guys see this ?
Off topic I know ..but no wonder these kids think they are ALL THAT !!
This past week, video of a teenage girl cursing at and flipping off a judge in Miami went viral. Judge Jorge Rodriguez-Chomat didn’t put up with Penelope Soto’s behavior, doubling her bond and sentencing her to 30 days in jail. After serving four days in jail, Soto appeared in court and apologized to the judge. Her attorneys say she was under the influence of drugs and her remarks were inappropriate.

On Friday, Judge Rodriguez-Chomat told Soto, “I should not even hold you as totally responsible. We live in a society where if you listen to music, every other word is a profanity. We live in a society where young people like you feel that it’s perfectly OK to call all kinds of names to their teachers, to their professors and their friends.”

He then vacated the jail sentence and if Soto can pay $5,000 bond, she’ll be able to leave jail.

A complete waste of a teachable moment. Way to go judge :waitasec:

The defendant has things in common with this guy, you might have heard of him.......his name is Ted Bundy.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zriSw1UBqv8"]Ted Bundy - Born To Kill? (Documentary) - YouTube[/ame]

I think there has been a myth floating around since the dark ages that women can't be as brutal, cruel, murderous as the male and it works particularly well when the woman is slight and 'attractive'. I hope this case can be effective in setting this false perception to bed. Looking forward to her true colours coming out when provoked during cross.

I kind of don't get that either. They keep calling her petite. I'm barely 5' tall the woman would tower over me. And I see pics of her standing next to Travis and she is not that much shorter than he is.

There are entire tv shows dedicated to women that kill but we as a society keep insisting women don't do this.

fragile,
Do you think Nurmi believes these lies? Isn't it at the very least unethical if not illegal to perpetuate these lies? To basically use them to blackmail the state?
Our system seem so slanted to make sure the defendant's rights are not violated, and nothing for the helpless victim.
It is IMO a sad state of affairs.

I don't know honestly. Defense is required to find anything and everything that will support their client's story. Make things fit their story. It means using all kinds of tactics answer playing slimy hardball. Our sense of ethics vs. law ethics are different. I personally don't see how he could believe it. But I am not a lawyer with lawyer mentality.....even though i get it. This is a guy who makes a living defending those accused of of sex crimes. I don't expect him to have a shred of decency.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

IMO a big diff bet. JA and Bundy is the motive for killing.
Antisocial types kill for fun or "stimulation" and as such are more likely to kill random strangers.

I hope she ends up in a padded cell!!! She made a comment about not wanting to end up in one so I hope that is EXACTLY where she goes...to sit and talk to no-one but herself until she gets on her own damn nerves!!

I kind of don't get that either. They keep calling her petite. I'm barely 5' tall the woman would tower over me. And I see pics of her standing next to Travis and she is not that much shorter than he is.

There are entire tv shows dedicated to women that kill but we as a society keep insisting women don't do this.
And people bend themselves into pretzels trying to excuse it when women do. I don't get it.

I interrupt this thread for a Public Service Announcement:

Justin Bieber will be hosting Saturday Night Live tonite.

I will be in the audience for Hal Holbrook doing Mark Twain, then rush home to switch gears for the Biebs.

Just keepin it real....

You're welcome, carry on. :seeya:

DVR set? CHECK!!
Thx for the P.S.A.!!

I viewed the autopsy and crime scene photos yesterday and studied the timeline of events during the murder and that really woke me up to the brutality and cruelty of this crime. A lot of the police questioning is interesting in how much she lets slip of what really happened when she was pretending to be a mere witness to what occurred.

The neck injury alone is enough for me to want to see her get the DP in this case and I'm not even in favour of it! But legally I believe she has earned it in spades and legal justice demands it.

RIP Travis .. I am impressed that his family has kept it together during the trial it's heartbreaking to see them listening to the evidence and now have to sit through his name being dragged through the mud.

newbie here so please be gentle.... I think ultimately this latest allegation by her will really push this jury to her death. She has contradicted her attorneys opening already if they were paying attention.... He allegedly according to opening made her wear the Tshirt as OWNERSHIP, but as per Jodi it was a few months long joke that she would get them. She claimed he tried to kiss her on the first night of knowing her because he looked at her lips and licked his lips..come on now maybe she had on pretty lipstick and his lips were dry. The expert test. that the penis pic came off of her broken external hard drive but then when Jodi test. she said he sent them on the phone, so she went home and put them on the computer even tho she was so offended, NOT.. The letters the defense wants to bring in that Travis "wrote" was sent to Jodi while she was in jail, from who?...all these little lies could have the jury already secretly rolling their eyes so when she throws the little boys under the bus this week it could possibly insult this jury in such a way that they throw her under the bus

A while back I was reading about this new cosmetic procedure they are doing butt hole bleaching. And I remember thinking at the time, why would anyone think of doing this?

Well after seeing those photos of Jodi I can say, I am totally for the procedure and now understand (more than I ever wanted) why its done.

Is this more photos I missed? TIA

You may even be right.......its a little confusing to me because for a long time most of their hum...uh....relationship was long distance being done via email/phone/text etc.

But she said they were exclusive from February to June or something like that.

When did she move to Mesa where Travis was? She testified that when she moved there he was very shocked. I bet like heck he was.:furious:

This gal moved way too fast.

'Zactly... Also assuming it's true (note skepticism) JA is being accurate in that given their LDR, they saw each other every other week - which is about 10 times (while they were "official" (ugh).

She then moved to Mesa mid 2007 (after their breakup, which freaked Travis out, reasonably)... He was openly dating.

I'm thinking the relationship between Travis and JA was far less serious, intimate or frequent than JA and her DT is wont to portray...

And her description of the drunk woman scene is downright scary... she got jealous over THAT? Maybe at a middle school dance, not by a near 30 year old... good grief! It looked like it still bothers her - she seemed to be seething for moment under her flat shell...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mutations