Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #28 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sad that people have to live in fear. I went for years without even locking my doors, didn't even have a key, and I live in a large Canadian city.

No offense to anyone. I have lived in Canada and the US.(American born and raised) I felt safer in Canada. I would literally LOL when my Canadian friends would tell me that such and such area is a "bad pocket". I love my country but it is just different in Canada. I lived in Etobicoke a burb of Toronto.

Makes perfect sense to me.

I wanted a .357 but it was too big in my hands so I bought a .38 instead.

I'm really surprised at how many folks on here have guns or have been victims of gun crime. I live in Canada and don't know anyone who owns a gun, or has been held at gun point or shot at EVER.
I'm kinda scared to go visit the US now. Scary stuff.

I was really hoping to see key points in this Trial before leaving for our warm, sunny vacation destination. At this point I cant see that happening by the 24th :banghead: The Mister and I have an agreement on Vacation. No electronics other than our cell phone. Oh well youtube will have it but not the same as real time.

Who do you think you are, a Pinellas County juror? No vacations during trial. No ifs, ands or buts!

I took this one last weekend- at his request lol

531551_10151520013851756_783054764_n.jpg

:partyguy2::bdsong::partyguy2::
Katie's Dad!​
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dePMU8R131s"]happy birthday - YouTube[/ame]

I'm really surprised at how many folks on here have guns or have been victims of gun crime. I live in Canada and don't know anyone who owns a gun, or has been held at gun point or shot at EVER.

Don't blame you a bit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boy Juander - lol!

I'd like her to be questioned about why she left the camera behind in the washer and why she deleted certain pictures but not others.

I'd like her to be questioned about why she took the rope (which was never found at the crime scene) Travis allegedly had in the bedroom for the purpose of "tying her up" (as told to us in the defense's OS). Why did she take the rope, knife, and gun but leave the camera?

Why did she send Travis' grandmother flowers after she murdered him?
Why did she take the pictures of the "Travis Alexander's" shirt and booty shorts AFTER she murdered him?
Why did she attend his memorial service?
Why did she write glowing loving tributes to him on her Myspace, in his online obituary tribute guestbook, and in her own personal journal?

OMG! What a thought! JM should post her glowing, loving tributes from MySoace to TA all over the courtroom in closing. Yes! That should get her the DP!

I was caught up on the Arias discussion before turning off the computer last night to spend some quality time with DH. This morning, I noticed that the thread where I left off last evening has closed, and another is already multiple pages long. I'll do my best to catch up.

Many thanks :tyou: to our fabulous moderators who monitor the threads diligently, keep the discussion on topic, and remind us of the forum rules when necessary. I appreciate their fine efforts, :blowkiss: and I'm sure my good colleagues here at Websleuths do, as well.

:yourock:

I second that!

Also, I really liked a post of yours from sometime in the last few days. It's in my "JA favorite posts" folder, which only has a couple hundred saved pages :) It briefly described JA really well, short and to the point. I'll go dig it up and repost.

I have never been a victim of a gun crime but I do own guns. A very dear friend of ours from Canada just asked us recently, " what do you if someone broke into your house? Do you call the police?" Hubbies response was "No, we just reload." :floorlaugh:

Completely O/T - Last week I kept (jokingly) yelling at JA testifying: "..but you ain't bona fide!!", "That ain't bona fide testimony!!", etc. I could not remember for the life of me where that came from, and my kiddo was starting to ask about me yelling from all parts of the house in an exaggerated suthern twang… Well, I figured it out! Just had to pop in and share:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXmeBUZtdI8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXmeBUZtdI8[/ame]

Luv, the pic in you sig is the EXACT same expression as the shower pic. I just don't see where everyone sees so much horror on his face. In fact, I notice a lot of his pictures with this same expression. I need to get the app to put pictures together.

TA's eyes are more narrowed and face is tight in the shower pic. He looks pissed. The pic of him semi smiling is relaxed, smile reaches his eyes. If you ever look at JA in pics, her smile never reaches her eyes. IMO

Anyone think defense will go through the crime pretty fast. The less mistakes she makes, the better. Should be interesting. jmo

I think the defense walks a fine line when questioning her about the crime. If they get too detailed and go too slow, she'll give Juan alot of material to pick apart and destroy her with. I don't think any amount of preparation and rehearsing on her part or her lawyers' will prepare her for Juan's cross when it comes to the cross about the actual murder. She'll surely have to default on the "I can't recall" "It happened so fast" "I blacked out". But the defense will have to draw it out long enough to put the jurors in her "fearful" state of mind that she was going to be attacked and had to defend herself.

Good luck with all of THAT.

I have a feeling that even if the defense wants to keep it short, JA will manage to turn the narration into an epic marathon of a story. Details and logic defying facts will magically pop up in her testimony. :furious:

I agree! This court starts at 10:30am, is in session for 1.5 hours (IF they in fact started on time), then takes 1.5 hours for lunch. IF they resume on time after lunch, they're then in session 3 more hours minus a 10 -30 minute break. So IF all is on time (haha), that's 4 hours and 20 minutes of trial each day.

This carries on for 3 days a week, which is 13 hours a week! Never mind sidebars. And this is for a DP case...

God forbid I am ever falsely arrested for a murder in AZ and can't get bonded out. One could die of old age in jail just waiting for adjudication!

What'up with that AZ court system? It's seems very unfair to the victims.

My point exactly,this is a trial for murder not bank robbery,theres a whole family in trauma,who have to relive this all over again and worse. Were is the compassion, get on with it already.... other courts have done it. The family has to sit there and watch her play secretary and actress.:banghead: at least start on time,like I said not a robbery here,a brutal,brutal murder.....

I did too Brits. I was mortified and all I could think of if I did everything I could to appease him he wouldnt pull the trigger. I begged and begged him not to kill me and leave our children without a mother. One time he did pull the trigger when he had it up against my temple but I didnt know he had unloaded the gun. He played terrible mind games. I thought I was going to die and kept thinking about my children and how they needed me.

Travis had no way to escape anyway. She had him trapped. I do think he tried to flee but she overcame him and drug him back attacking him the entire time.:(

Its nice to think that people will kick and scream and try to fight back and do all the right things but when reality strikes it is a much different matter.

Most freeze including children when they have been taught to scream and fight back or run away.

IMO

I'm so sorry you were subjected to such terror.
None of us know how we will react until it happens. Each situation is different and we do what we have to to make it out alive. BTDT

:hug:

I have never been a victim of a gun crime but I do own guns. A very dear friend of ours from Canada just asked us recently, " what do you if someone broke into your house? Do you call the police?" Hubbies response was "No, we just reload." :floorlaugh:

but do you think if someone broke in in the middle of the night and you were sound asleep you could wake up and be alert enough to grab your gun? this is what makes me think it's dangerous to keep guns. i couldn't be sure i would be alert enough to use a gun if awoken in the middle of the night.

I wish I had known about web sleuths during the Casey Anthony trial. You guys and gals are awesome! I don't want to watch anymore of JA spewing lies. Will watch though when JM does his cross. My goodness, I bet the whole world will watch. He is so awesome. But l hope you all keep posting during her direct testimony and I can read updates here. I just don't want to actually hear her voice when she tries to destroy TA. I wish the judge would allow the jurors to read novels during her testimony, I know. Unfair, right? But it would just be so cool to see them all tuned out. They must have nightmares of her testimony and her sexcapades. I wold love to see her old boyfriends dispute what she has said. Would love to see Gus and Darryl stand up and say they perjured themselves and that yes, she used them for all it was worth.

Are all trials televised (webcast) in Arizona? How do they decide which ones are shown? Also do you think this trial would be any different if it was not broadcast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craig21876