Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #28 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good job. Fight or flight. If you practice and get that muscle memory then you will fight, and some are just naturally fighters. I am both. And I too, have been at gun point by my ex. I fought him, wrestled with him and his rifle which he did not legally own and i won. No time for 911 until after. I then learned how to shoot!

Speaking of flight or flight and muscle memory, this kinda huants me from [FONT=arial narrow,sans-serif]Travis's book intro (on his myspace), about how his Grandfather Vic's love and inspiring words helped him survive the ugliness with his mom:

[/FONT]
"Although those words hurt very deeply as you could imagine; every time she would scream those words I would hear his words instead, every time I would feel her fist sink into my back, I could feel my Grandfather's hands on my shoulders, and I knew she couldn't reach what was great inside of me. And again I'd hear the words "You're special Travis, don't ever forget it."

Jodi the sociopath knew this about Travis. She knew the child in him would allow himself to be physically attacked and hurt; that he would turn his back to try to minimize the damage. UGH. She used his inner childhood wounds against him in an evil strategic way.

How horrible! Something similar went though my mind when I was attacked in my home with a knife by a family member a few years ago. I was stabbed once, fell to the floor, where the attack continued. Every situation is different. In my case, there was no chance to say anything; The moment I knew I had been attacked, the adrenaline kicked in, and I found myself going into some kind of triage mode - My only focus was, what did I need to do to survive? There was no thought about it, no hesitation, because the only choice was to fight back or die. I'm not even sure exactly what I did to fight back. I must have kicked hard enough to get out from under him. After that, my focus automatically shifted to getting control of the knife. I somehow managed to pin him down, stomach first, to the floor, and I grabbed for the knife. At that point I said something to him about needing to let go of it, that I wouldn't hurt him, but this had to stop, that I was hurt already and needed medical attention. He screamed about how sorry he was, then he got free from me and fled. He still had the knife, so I got up as quickly as I could, slammed the door to the room I was in and locked it before calling 911. All of this happened without a thought or hesitation. I never thought I had it in me to react that way. So I agree, none of us knows how we will react; we will just do what we think we must to survive. Sometimes that means to freeze, sometimes not.

I am also sure Travis did try to flee and/or fight back. But she had two weapons, which put him at a serious disadvantage. I can only imagine what those last horrible moments must have been like for him. I hope that will be first and foremost in the minds of the jury as the listen to the remainder of the testimony and as they begin to deliberate.

Thanks for sharing your stories :(

It is amazing what you are capable of in a situation of attack. I think most of us have all thought in our heads what we would do, but when something like that happens it is a entirely different ball game. For me, I remember just-trying-to-maintain-my-balance, and not be overpowered.

In retrospect after that surprise attack, I remember thinking there is no way to carry out any steps to defend myself (except screaming, though that in itself made my attacker more angry).

Yes, if I was in fear for my life (which I believe is the only justification for using a gun against someone) But then again I am a wake up, jump out of bed kinda person. No need for coffee to clear a fog. Just IMO and MHO and all that jazz.

P.S I really don't want to start a gun debate. Everyone has the right to their own opinion. (not in reference to your question Shelley)

bbm - I second that motion!

Yeah I'm not getting in to any gun debates. Please please please...begging. That would get ugly fast.

Good job. Fight or flight. If you practice and get that muscle memory then you will fight, and some are just naturally fighters. I am both. And I too, have been at gun point by my ex. I fought him, wrestled with him and his rifle which he did not legally own and i won. No time for 911 until after. I then learned how to shoot!

I am so impressed by all of you that have been in these horrific situations and come out of them alive. I cannot imagine the horror. I respect the 2nd Amendment right, but have a hard time with the assault rifles. Ever since the prosecution showed the jury the .357 S&W at my brother's murder trial, I have had an aversion to guns. My children never had water guns, BB guns etc. However, you make a good case for owning one when you are at ease with them. I am truly sorry you have gone through what you did.

He's alive. The only "evidence" we have of some wrist slitting/psych hospitalization comes from the Queen of Lies.

He contacted the same publisher as the writer I met at the trial (Shana Hogan) trying to get a deal.

Thought so. Thanks for clearing that up for me :) x

Thanks for sharing your stories :(

It is amazing what you are capable of in a situation of attack. I think most of us have all thought in our heads what we would do, but when something like that happens it is a entirely different ball game. For me, I remember just-trying-to-maintain-my-balance, and not be overpowered.

In retrospect after that attack, I remember thinking there is no way to carry out any steps to defend myself (except screaming, though that in itself made my attacker more angry).

Shortly after I left my husband I was living in a little crappy townhouse in a not great neighborhood and woke up one night at 2am to a man crouched next to my bed 2 feet in front of my face. When the police got there they couldn't figure it out as there was no sign of forced entry...finally they showed me how the heavy arcadia door could be closed completely and appear locked by the lock wasn't "catching" so I'd been sleeping in there unlocked for months I'm sure. Ugh.

Now given that scenario I was lucky in that he was a transient, no shoes or shirt, looking for money. Probably drunk or something. It was almost like he didn't realize I was right there sleeping.

I went straight in to attack mode. I screamed, chased him, grabbed a kitchen butcher knife, ran after him...was in full blown fight mode.

I had no idea I had that reaction in me. Always thought I would freeze. But you truly never know until you are faced with that situation.

All I can say is he is lucky he ran faster than me. I would have killed him. And he meant me no harm, I sincerely believe.

Are all trials televised (webcast) in Arizona? How do they decide which ones are shown? Also do you think this trial would be any different if it was not broadcast?

no to the first, Katie answered the second part..producers or local news media approach courts when there is a high interest to see if cameras and live broadcasting will be allowed. I think Jodi likes the cameras for sure and is reacting to them....but I think things would be the same in general even if it wasn't broadcast
Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

"Doing the humpy with Ryan". :floorlaugh:

ITA! She was so traumatized by Travis "attacking" her and having to kill him in "self defense" that she felt the need to run to the next guy for some humpy action? :furious:

Very telling just how quickly Jodi can "move on". Kinda like Casey. Commit the crime then go rent a movie with the boyfriend :waitasec:

OK, one more then to bed. Oh Jodi you're gonna get a Juan way ticket to hell.

I flunked 8th grade Intro to Computer graphics but I tell myself it's the thought that counts...

attachment.php

When you train and practice at a range it becomes second nature to reach for your gun. jmo But then I am an ex Marine.

Don't they say, once a Marine, always a Marine? Thank you for your service to our country. Very grateful.

" I grabbed my purse"

That was a very strange thing to say. JA said it in the 48 Hrs 'ninja' interview, too.

I know Etobicoke very well. I have to agree. No slam to the U.S. as i have many Family living in the U.S. and travel it extensively. Luv the U.S. I always keep my doors locked and always have. Keep out those pesky ones who see you in the backyard and come in the front to steal your wallet/purse. I have to say tho as of late and these cases are here on WS's our crimes are increasing and heinous. IMO

Thanks Bravo! I am not slamming the US either. Like I said I love my country and I am grateful for our 2nd amendment right. All I was saying is that it is different in Canada. Just like in the US the problem isn't with the people that legally own guns, the problem is with people that have them illegally. And for those that don't know yes you can legally own a gun in Canada, it is just alot harder and more controlled. Really folks not trying to start a gun debate.

The gun or knife wasn't left behind. It would be nice if they could find it though. And if they could prove it was Jodi's grandpa's 25. caliber pistol that was stolen the week before she killed Travis. It doesn't take much of a leap that the gun stolen and the one used on Travis are the same.

Of course it would be nice if the murder weapons could be located, but a moot point since she has admitted to killing Travis. The weapons would 'put the icing on the cake' however.

:)

According to the Criminal Court Case Docket, the Defense filed the following:

MOTION IN LIMINE TO PRECLUDE DR. DEMARTE’S CONCLUSIONS PURSUANT TO “SARA”

On 12/07/12, Defendant’s Motion in Limine to Preclude Dr. Demarte’s Conclusions Pursuant to
“SARA” is discussed.

"IT IS ORDERED setting the matter for Oral Argument on 02/08/2013 at 1:30 p.m."

Do any of you know to what this pertains?

How strange that Dr's laptop was stolen too.hmm

Yeah I'm not getting in to any gun debates. Please please please...begging. That would get ugly fast.

On the day of Newtown, the mods opened up a gun debate thread here, I dropped by for a day or two. It was kept pretty civil. I much prefer my gun debates to take place on facebook where my identity is out there in the open so people can hunt me down if they disagree with my opinion. lol - not.

*keepin it cool with Rainbows, kittens, and butterflies*

I'm really surprised at how many folks on here have guns or have been victims of gun crime. I live in Canada and don't know anyone who owns a gun, or has been held at gun point or shot at EVER.
I'm kinda scared to go visit the US now. Scary stuff.

I never entertained the thought of owning a firearm until I was a victim of a violent crime.
I don't carry it all the time. It's mostly for home protection and when we are out in remote areas.

I guess you'll make do lounging around on the beach and a drink in your hand. Just get back in time for the verdict, which shouldn't be until ... oh, the end of fall. Later if Nurmi does defense closing statements.
In that case take your time! :seeya:

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

We have a gun someplace in the house but I have no idea where it is. So if someone broke in I'd have to ask them to just give me a min while I find the gun, load it and then figure out what to do with it lol.

I can see it now, just one min please. Can I get you some coffee while you wait?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member