Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the Criminal Court Case Docket, the Defense filed the following:

MOTION IN LIMINE TO PRECLUDE DR. DEMARTE’S CONCLUSIONS PURSUANT TO “SARA”

On 12/07/12, Defendant’s Motion in Limine to Preclude Dr. Demarte’s Conclusions Pursuant to
“SARA” is discussed.

"IT IS ORDERED setting the matter for Oral Argument on 02/08/2013 at 1:30 p.m."

Do any of you know to what this pertains?

Is a guess allowed? If so - something from this organization????
http://sara-mn.org/

" I grabbed my purse"

That was a very strange thing to say. JA said it in the 48 Hrs 'ninja' interview, too.

Actually I work with a couple of women who probably would have done just that. They don't seem to be able to go anywhere without it.

I never entertained the thought of owning a firearm until I was a victim of a violent crime.
I don't carry it all the time. It's mostly for home protection and when we are out in remote areas.

PASA you have the spoons noJuan is gonna mess with you now. :great: :floorlaugh:

Of course it would be nice if the murder weapons could be located, but a moot point since she has admitted to killing Travis. The weapons would 'put the icing on the cake' however.
:)
Let's see what her answer is when JM poses that question ... I predict a blackout on her part.

Oh, but it's almost a given that we'll hear how she blacked out all memory of the crime. Poor victim that she is was just doing what came naturally.

(PS- and in no way do I think she is a victim. It enrages me that she is able to use the "abuse" card...when there are so many-men and women alike-who have been truly victimized...and have survived!!)

Yes, but at what point in the night did she starting blacking out ? Surely she was in the mind of knowing what just happened was wrong. Taking the gun, knife and dragging Travis to the shower.....etc.

Also, how long is the drive to Ryan again from Travis's house? When did she start keeping her receipts again ?

How far over the boarder did she first stop ?

From the minute Darryl Brewer got on the stand, it was obvious he was trying to protect his former lover. He spoke tenderly and fondly about their time together. When the mention of the gas cans came up, you could hear in his voice he knew it was all downhill at that point. He did what he could to help her, but she was on her own now.

With that said, maybe the anal sex testimony was not true (it certainly cannot ever be corroborated if they both "say" it's true). He knew this would help her defense. I mean if it's something they only did once or twice, wouldn't he KNOW if it was once OR twice? Just like we have no idea if it's true with Travis. And the only reason it appears to be relevant is because of the new "little boys" claim.

He's probably scared of her. Can you blame him?

Shortly after I left my husband I was living in a little crappy townhouse in a not great neighborhood and woke up one night at 2am to a man crouched next to my bed 2 feet in front of my face. When the police got there they couldn't figure it out as there was no sign of forced entry...finally they showed me how the heavy arcadia door could be closed completely and appear locked by the lock wasn't "catching" so I'd been sleeping in there unlocked for months I'm sure. Ugh.

Now given that scenario I was lucky in that he was a transient, no shoes or shirt, looking for money. Probably drunk or something. It was almost like he didn't realize I was right there sleeping.

I went straight in to attack mode. I screamed, chased him, grabbed a kitchen butcher knife, ran after him...was in full blown fight mode.

I had no idea I had that reaction in me. Always thought I would freeze. But you truly never know until you are faced with that situation.

All I can say is he is lucky he ran faster than me. I would have killed him. And he meant me no harm, I sincerely believe.

Yikes! That is scary.

It is interesting. I've seen in a scenario when someone was seriously hurt, the divide of people who froze and could not act (most of the group), and the people who went into immediate action, could think, and were able to help which was a much smaller part of the group. I have heard that this is pretty accurate that a smaller percentage have it "in them" to react well in an emergency type situation.

In the scenario I mentioned, it was a surprise attack from behind.

I (IMO) think that is partially how JA overpowered Travis.

Are all trials televised (webcast) in Arizona? How do they decide which ones are shown? Also do you think this trial would be any different if it was not broadcast?

Some high-profile trials have been televised here, but not all.

It may be different in the national attention it gets nightly. Not sure if the trial itself would be different.

Let's see what her answer is when JM poses that question ... I predict a blackout on her part.

Agree. She either won't remember or attempt to give a long, rambling 'non-answer'.

MOO

Originally Posted by Zuri
LOL!!! I have a sign in front that says "my German Shepherd can make it to the fence in 2.5 seconds. How about you?"
On our gate is a sign that reads:
"patrolled by chihuahua secuirty " and it has the silhouette of a chihuahua-!

Rumor has it....................... an anonymous Juan-ette snuck into the jail last night and inundated the prisoner with your song all night long.......and then took a picture of the power of music!

Juan-aDEAL_zps74aa21ba.jpg

LOL! Gotta love those juanettes. :)

I wonder if we will hear Travis was trying to introduce spanking into their foreplay. With wooden spoons :waitasec:

I wonder if we will hear Travis was trying to introduce spanking into their foreplay. With wooden spoons :waitasec:

That might wake some of those jurors up. :floorlaugh:

I think the defense walks a fine line when questioning her about the crime. If they get too detailed and go too slow, she'll give Juan alot of material to pick apart and destroy her with. I don't think any amount of preparation and rehearsing on her part or her lawyers' will prepare her for Juan's cross when it comes to the cross about the actual murder. She'll surely have to default on the "I can't recall" "It happened so fast" "I blacked out". But the defense will have to draw it out long enough to put the jurors in her "fearful" state of mind that she was going to be attacked and had to defend herself.

Good luck with all of THAT.

I have a feeling that even if the defense wants to keep it short, JA will manage to turn the narration into an epic marathon of a story. Details and logic defying facts will magically pop up in her testimony. :furious:

IMO the key will be her performance. She's not a good actress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually I work with a couple of women who probably would have done just that. They don't seem to be able to go anywhere without it.

So true, but Jodi was saying it in the context of trying to FLEE from the 'ninjas'. The only phone call she made after that was to her boyfriend to say she was on her way. They discussed whether to get a movie; which movie. There was no angst in her voice or actions once they finally met.

JA's affect while testifying is the same. No emotion. No angst. No remorse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angelicbexy