Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #28 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely useless question, but do Jodi's attorneys bring her outside food for lunch as a treat and they meet together or is she shuffled back to the holding cell for a bologna sandwich with the rest of the criminals?

For what it's worth, Elizabeth Johnson was not given lunch from the jail. She was told she could save some of her breakfast to bring along for the lunch hour. :floorlaugh:

From the top of my head (and by no means an exhaustive list):

- Childhood history of abuse or neglect.
- Previous history of abuse.
- Alcohol or drug dependency.
- Reduced cognitive abilities.
- Physical disability.
- Immaturity or youth of victim.
- Reduced socio-economic means.
- Issues with self-esteem or self-worth.

Please take with a grain of salt as many DV victims have none of the above in their personal history and find themselves in an abusive relationship regardless. It really can and does 'happen to anybody'. Just FWIW.

History of dating "Bad Boys"

I have been wondering if JA is going to try and throw her own Father under the bus by alleging she was a victim of childhood sexual abuse and that is why she ran away from home, then being "confronted" with TA's alleged "propensity" toward favoring child *advertiser censored* and the spidey underoos on JA - that is what tipped her over . . . .

Please . . . . . . do not let the defense be reading here for ideas!

For what it's worth, Elizabeth Johnson was not given lunch from the jail. She was told she could save some of her breakfast to bring along for the lunch hour. :floorlaugh:

Wow, not even a good ole' bologna sandwich? Poor, poor Elizabeth....NOT! I hope JA gets the same treatment, and has to eat cold rubbery eggs, and greasy cold toast for lunch. Or maybe some congealed oatmeal with sour milk :furious:.

I have been wondering if JA is going to try and throw her own Father under the bus by alleging she was a victim of childhood sexual abuse and that is why she ran away from home, then being "confronted" with TA's alleged "propensity" toward favoring child *advertiser censored* and the spidey underoos on JA - that is what tipped her over . . . .

Nah, I think they would have covered that already.

From the top of my head (and by no means an exhaustive list):

- Childhood history of abuse or neglect.
- Previous history of abuse.
- Alcohol or drug dependency.
- Reduced cognitive abilities.
- Physical disability.
- Immaturity or youth of victim.
- Reduced socio-economic means.
- Issues with self-esteem or self-worth.

Please take with a grain of salt as many DV victims have none of the above in their personal history and find themselves in an abusive relationship regardless. It really can and does 'happen to anybody'. Just FWIW.

Thanks--yes I know domestic violence happens to all sorts of people...even people with none of those risk factors.

It doesn't evaluate the victim, it evaluates the risk factors in the potential abuser.

So, in Jodi's situation, if her expert performed a SARA assessment, it would basically be an assessment to predict the risk that Travis would commit violence against Jodi. So it would look at things like past incidents of abuse committed by Travis against Jodi; whether Travis was suffering from mental health disorders; whether he had made threats of violence against Jodi; whether he was a past victim of abuse or violence; whether he had recently lost his job or suffered relationship problems; whether he used alcohol or drugs; whether he had access to firearms ....things like that.

ok thanks - I think I am understanding it all now.

Seeing the actual check list - my guess is this pertains to the mitigation phase if found guilty.

Minor - what say you?

This is given to the victim to complete . . . . so this would be the defense bringing this forward to substantiate that JA felt TA was a high risk to abuse her (in the future) - therefore her "overkill" would be understandable? validated? needed?

Her perception of TA is what guided her to commit such a heinous crime - that was the ONLY way she could defend herself?

Maybe I am confusing myself . . . .

This is given to the victim to complete . . . . so this would be the defense bringing this forward to substantiate that JA felt TA was a high risk to abuse her (in the future) - therefore her "overkill" would be understandable? validated? needed?

Her perception of TA is what guided her to commit such a heinous crime - that was the ONLY way she could defend herself?

No way.....she should've kept herself in Yreka......Monterey would have been a better place to go on with your life than to drive mile upon mile . Never stopping to turn about with that WTF am I doing revelation...she was jilted. Plain and simple. Jilted. MOO

Gus Searcy.

What a clown.

Or he could be a the Court Jester!

:jester:

Definatly the court jester of the century. Lmao. That dude swaggered in and fell out with a big thud . Priceless and worth every minute f his droning n....what a grand finale to that knucklehead. MOO

Yes, but it is the defense that is trying to exclude it. My guess would be that the defense SARA evaluation would not have been favorable for Jodi's self defense claim, so the defense is not going to introduce it -- and the state wants to introduce the defense's SARA evaluation to undermine the expert's opinions.

Just a guess, but there are other possibilities I suppose.

:yes: I actually am surprised when I hear someone doesn't own guns, I guess because I know very few people who don't. I'm in the U.S. of course.

It's very regional I think...I'm also in the US and the only person I know who has one is a cop.

Yes, but it is the defense that is trying to exclude it. My guess would be that the defense SARA evaluation would not have been favorable for Jodi's self defense claim, so the defense is not going to introduce it -- and the state wants to introduce the defense's SARA evaluation to undermine the expert's opinions.

Just a guess, but there are other possibilities I suppose.

Thank You . . . it is now making more sense.

Seeing the actual check list - my guess is this pertains to the mitigation phase if found guilty.

Minor - what say you?

Something like this would more likely be used during a sentencing phase, but it's not clear how the state wants to use it. I don't know if the state's own expert evaluated Jodi, but if so this type of evaluation might be used to show that she has a lot of risk factors that predict future commission of intimate partner abuse.

This same type of tool is often used by juvenile courts and in determining probation guidelines. Correctional facilities also use these types of tools to evaluate new inmates to determine placement.

So true, but Jodi was saying it in the context of trying to FLEE from the 'ninjas'. The only phone call she made after that was to her boyfriend to say she was on her way. They discussed whether to get a movie; which movie. There was no angst in her voice or actions once they finally met.

JA's affect while testifying is the same. No emotion. No angst. No remorse.

That's what freaks me out.....not even the pretense of remorse:furious:

Thinking that hasxbeen bypassed. He only "beat" her BUT didn't leave marks. But I agree I'm waiting for it. In fact my dog can testify that when she was going over her childhood I yelled at my computer and said "don't say it~~don't go there" and from your computer to mine she didn't! !!! Saying that there is always the psychologist :banghead:

IIRC in one of the interviews with detective Flores she said she grabbed her backpack and ran.

It was during her ninja story, day 2 of the interview, I think.

By the time 48 Hours comes along she's changed her story from backpack to purse.
I'll try to find the video of the backpack story.

Pasa, I remember that, too. I remember her saying that when the Male Ninja asked for her cash, she had some of her cash stashed in the pocket of her jeans in her "backpack".

In 2007, backpack-style handbags were very popular. Her purse and backpack might have been one and the same.

Backpack-Purse1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member