Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #28 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really dont think Cancun had anything to do with the planned murder. I actually think it probably ticked her off more that he had made excuses not to come see her after all at the end of May and that is when she stoled the gun she used to shoot him with.

Jodi wanted to make sure that Travis never went anywhere again except to the graveyard. She knew she wasnt going to be going to Cancun before she made her trip. Travis' fatal mistake is he told her he no longer wanted her in his life and was going on with his. She would have none of that and she would show him what happens for telling her 'no more' and she did.:(

IMO

I don't think Cancun had anything to do with it either. I think it all came to a head around May 28 when Jodi staged the gun theft -- I think she had been considering it even before that when she made her plans to visit Ryan Burns. What happened on May 28 to drive Jodi to making a final commitment to murder Travis? Well, that was the day that Lisa got in touch with Travis again after not talking to him for a couple of months. Likely Jodi knew exactly who Travis was talking to and when -- no doubt she had access to his online phone records. May 28 -- three days before she rented the car and started her trip.

It was also around this same time that Travis found out Jodi was breaking into his Facebook account, and he told her to stay out of his life for good. How did he find out she hacked his Facebook? One possibility -- when she found out Travis had been talking to Lisa again on May 28, she logged on his Facebook and read his messages to find out what he and Lisa had been talking about, and then called Travis and confronted him about whatever she found. Just like she did with Bobby, and just like she had done with Travis when she had snooped on his text messages in the past.

I think Travis made it clear once and for all that it was over and there was no going back. Realizing she was never going to get Travis back, Jodi decided to kill him -- and at that point, I don't think there was a thing Travis could have said or done to change the outcome of what happened.

Excuse my ignorance. As to the bishop, where did this come in as I would think that is private, and I've not seen bishop on stand. Heresay?? Again, aren't these things in religious...... confidential?

Beth Karas reiterated what I think was the crucial tipping point for JA:

Travis had gone to his bishop to get his life (and lifestyle) back on track.

Thi had to have sent JA into a raging panic - not only would she lose any and all leverage over him (sex, possible bribery, etc.), she would also be shunned by her new-found community of Mormon friends (read: Travis' friends) unless she actually walked the walk of her faith (which I think she deemed as no more important than a piece of clothing to don when it suited her).

This move by Travis meant a true concrete end of things and that freaked her. Seems like she got him to give in to her one last time... but then I think he explained - in no uncertain terms - that it was over. His bishop knew everything and Travis chose his faith over JA.

I think a conversation like this is read in Travis' facial expressions in the shower - that and perhaps his thinking she'd already left but there she was, invading his privacy yet again and taking pictures no less. Ugh.

That's my take, anyway. I think Cancun was the 2nd most important event that made JA want to destroy Travis.

I believe the ME concluded that he was shot last not just because there was no blood on the outside of the wound but also from the fact that there was little blood inside the brain. Had he been shot first there would have been blood in and around his brain matter. They must be able to tell somehow. That is what I understood. jmo

Plus (jmo, too!) I thought it was explained that the skin reacted differently - if shot first, the skin would have a normal amount of blood coursing through it which would cause bruising as it was punctured. That there was no such indication around the bullet hole, he either had to have been dead or suffering from such severe blood loss that he was nearly dead (particularly from the throat/jugular slashing - effectively compromising blood flow to the head pretty significantly).

I'm still mulling around in my head her statement that punishments got more severe around age 7. Seriously, who fully remembers enough of their life both before and after age 7 to compare?

The babysitter claimed she was 7 when she hit her brother over the head with the baseball bat. And she thinks her Mom was abusive for using a wooden spoon. I think Ms. Arias was a handful. jmo

Then why does one persue a journalism degree? I mean, if I can just go out and proclaim myself to be one.

But we seriously digress...

If it helps, think of it this way. There is almost no university or college level professor (or assistant/ adjunct professor, or contract faculty member, or TA) who has a degree in education. (Excepting, of course, education professors.) And yet, most would agree that all of these individuals are "educators".

Very few "actors" have degrees in theater arts.

Very few famous singers have degrees in vocal music performance.

Very few politicians have degrees in political science.

The lines are blurred for many jobs and professions. And citizen journalists and bloggers have blurred the lines even further for what is defined as a "journalist" or "reporter".

Just something to think about. It is up to each of us to weigh the value of whomever we choose to listen to.

What as a trial follower I cannot fathom is how witnesses do ANYTHING that is public. I do not get it. I cannot understand the frustration they are all experiencing and the pain, but if they are intelligent folks, why are people who may be very instrumental in her conviction do such?

I don't get it.......am I missing something here? It just seems so intuitively obvious that you should not do such?

I agree. I was surprised to see it, but thought it was an interesting read. I would imagine it's hard to keep quiet knowing your friend is being accused of something so awful and people are saying you and your wife are backing up the claims though.

It would probably be subjective. If Nurmi believed there was good evidence to support what he was saying, then it's probably not misconduct. Hard to say.

His "evidence" was based on the claims of a hand writing "expert" -- a pseudo-science with a success rate no better than that of a lie detector test.

I don't think Cancun had anything to do with it either. I think it all came to a head around May 28 when Jodi staged the gun theft -- I think she had been considering it even before that when she made her plans to visit Ryan Burns. What happened on May 28 to drive Jodi to making a final commitment to murder Travis? Well, that was the day that Lisa got in touch with Travis again after not talking to him for a couple of months. Likely Jodi knew exactly who Travis was talking to and when -- no doubt she had access to his online phone records. May 28 -- three days before she rented the car and started her trip.

It was also around this same time that Travis found out Jodi was breaking into his Facebook account, and he told her to stay out of his life for good. How did he find out she hacked his Facebook? One possibility -- when she found out Travis had been talking to Lisa again on May 28, she logged on his Facebook and read his messages to find out what he and Lisa had been talking about, and then called Travis and confronted him about whatever she found. Just like she did with Bobby, and just like she had done with Travis when she had snooped on his text messages in the past.

I think Travis made it clear once and for all that it was over and there was no going back. Realizing she was never going to get Travis back, Jodi decided to kill him -- and at that point, I don't think there was a thing Travis could have said or done to change the outcome of what happened.

Hmmm. I think it had everything to do with the Cancun trip. In Jodi's mind, traveling with Travis (and visiting the 1,000 places) belonged to her and her alone. I think Jodi was insanely jealous that he was going to travel to Mexico with any girl other than her and she made sure it didn't happen.

Nurmi said, in open court, that an expert concluded that the letter he was talking about was probably written by Travis. As I understand it, the order denying admissibility was based on the fact that the letters were copies, not originals, rather than on conclusive determination that they were "forged."

Oh. Well, I misunderstood how they were determined to be forged then. This doesn't sit well with me! :banghead:

do you have a link for the 5/28 re-contact with lisa via social media? Not doubting you. Think you may have an excellent point if that happened.

Im not shocked. She is very well aware that her victim is dead and voiceless so she can make up all sorts of crap and she did and will continue to pile on burying him once again.

All he is to her now is her ticket to get away with murdering him. So she will kill him again in death just like she did when she murdered him. JA, the sociopath, thinks she is perfectly entitled to do this in order to save herself.

IMO

I actually think this over-the-top story telling just cements the case. The jury is getting bored with her tales and they keep getting taller, now bordering on the bazaar. The jurors will tune her stories out by the time Nurmi is done.

Juan could send up an intern the dust her off, I really think she's done.

Excuse my ignorance. As to the bishop, where did this come in as I would think that is private, and I've not seen bishop on stand. Heresay?? Again, aren't these things in religious...... confidential?

It was reported by BK today and last week. She didn't divulge any confidential conversations and I don't know who her source is. Probably close friends of Travis as I believe I heard one or more say something similar on the TH shows (could have even been Tanisha - I simply don't recall).

Perhaps they feel it's important enough to speak since he's being dragged through the mud and can't speak for himself...

Could I be wrong? Sure! :)

But I think Travis making amends with the church is the one thing that JA could not devise a workaround for. I think it's significant.

This is an interesting theory. My belief has always been that she changed the license plate in order to make it less able to read while in AZ (and especially while in Travis' neighborhood) and simply forgot to change it back once she left.

Wanting to get the attention of LE after the murder? She would be more brazen than I had imagined.

:waitasec:

MOO

It's almost like she enjoyed her interaction with LE or it was a game. She called Flores and offered up info about her relationship with TA over a few calls and also voluntarily gave her fingerprints after TA's funeral. C*R**advertiser censored*Z*Y

Oh. Well, I misunderstood how they were determined to be forged then. This doesn't sit well with me! :banghead:

don't :banghead: too hard lol. There will be plenty who disagree! However, I think there's a minute entry addressing exactly that (copies v. originals) so if someone has that handy, tia

there is a guy who is strongly involved with jodi, possible boyfriend, idk, who sits behind the arias family everyday in court. he is going to be interviewed on jvm tomorrow night on why he believes she's innocent. last week a guy named paul something claims jodi came to him all in a panic to borrow some money for her mesa trip. they didn't give him much time to elaborate, but he did say she paid him back. this week is going to be interesting.

Has he specifically said she told him she was going to Mesa or did he insert that after finding out she had been there? It makes no sense she would do everything possible to hide the fact she was going there and in the process tell someone where she was going.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member