Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #37 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
HAHA When she said a red caboose I thought.. Whaaaaaaaaaat? WHY a little red caboose? Who knows what goes on in her head. I also thought it was strange that when asked what age the little boy in the picture was.. she struggled.. as if she either hadnt thought about it or wasn't sure what age she should say. I felt a 5 or 6 year old was very odd... I was expecting her to 'assume' 9 or 10. She clearly drew straws when she talked about those two subjects. Even a blind, idiot could tell she was lying!:what:

ps... I think we seen HER red caboose... and dont care to EVER see that again in this lifetime! Gross! Sorry.... hope no one has nightmares.

Does anyone remember the day the pictures were shown and everyone was saying it was so odd that TA's junk was so red? Never mind... I'm not going to go there. Chugga Chugga Wooo Wooo! lol

BBM ~ BAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHAHAHAHHAA!!!!!

Since I had the misfortune of viewing those pix and became traumatized I made one of my coworkers look too so I could have help coping with the aftershock!! I can laugh now but bless her heart, I'm pretty sure she's scarred for life!! She still turns greenish/grey at the mere mention of them!! I honestly can't believe JA can sit there and smile everyday knowing we've seen it all!!! There is NO WAY i could face ANYONE if that were me, I'd volunteer to take the next open slot for the DP on those pix alone!!!!! Then again, she probably thinks she looks great!

These days off are more bearable because we have each other to discuss the case, and there are some really smart, funny people here.

:grouphug: Good Night :offtobed:

I think I read where they are only allowed 3 channels in the jail... The weather channel, ESPN2 and The Food Network

OK, good. That makes me feel a little better!! I'd hate to think of them watching the ID channel and comparing notes!! (I bet JA loves giving her daily summaries to everyone!! YUK!)

For real!!!

Just for kicks I tried googling "red caboose" to see if that was also a random movie reference. Well a zillion sex toy ads popped up so I closed that tab, but it makes me think that the red caboose is probably like "the rabbit" or some other vibrator. Once again she's trying to make TA sound bad and trying to make it sound like he really wanted her to do things with a toy train. I suppose it could have been a toy train (i don't want to research this further) but it just seems she has to go above and beyond to make him a horrible person. It really disgusts me. God bless her family for dealing with this stuff live and in person day after day!!!!

I Googled 'red caboose' and all I got was pages upon pages of cute little red train cars...

On the rest of your comment - I totally agree. It does seem clear that Travis was far more 'human' than some of his friends and associates knew or cared to admit... Imv, these contradictions about him are issues that really only relate to his faith and standing in his church - if that. I don't know how that works.

But were it not for the rigorous religious strictures he didn't always uphold, there would be nothing scandalous or unusual about his private life (I mean NO disrespect to the LDS or any other faith - what.so.ever. Please don't misunderstand me). I do think it was very difficult for Travis (and I'd venture a guess a good many young people who are trying to live a life they see as 'right', when chemistry and biology and a couple million years of humanity is urging them to do the exact opposite - all the time). I'd be extremely surprised if Travis was the exception rather than the norm - be it a single unchaste interlude or much more.

I admire people who can live lives in ways that seem so foreign and painful to me - out of love and devotion to their faith. I'd fail at that. My dad was a tribal member in WA so my spirituality is something I developed from many sources and it's based on respect, empathy, ethics, conscience, giving, helping, not judging, honoring the spirit of all things that aren't evil or cruel, believing in the importance of souls of man and creatures. No one can tell me an elephant doesn't have a soul. No one. Or my dog. Etc.

So I admire the discipline and respect any/everyone's chosen religion, but I don't understand a lot of things that's for sure. But I'll fight for anyone's right to practice the religion of their choosing, including no religion at all.

I just don't like how the defense is using Travis' faith to make pretty average behaviour into something vile and wicked. Ugh.

I Googled 'red caboose' and all I got was pages upon pages of cute little red train cars...

On the rest of your comment - I totally agree. It does seem clear that Travis was far more 'human' than some of his friends and associates knew or cared to admit... Imv, these contradictions about him are issues that really only relate to his faith and standing in his church - if that. I don't know how that works.

But were it not for the rigorous religious strictures he didn't always uphold, there would be nothing scandalous or unusual about his private life (I mean NO disrespect to the LDS or any other faith - what.so.ever. Please don't misunderstand me). I do think it was very difficult for Travis (and I'd venture a guess a good many young people who are trying to live a life they see as 'right', when chemistry and biology and a couple million years of humanity is urging them to do the exact opposite - all the time). I'd be extremely surprised if Travis was the exception rather than the norm - be it a single unchaste interlude or much more.

I admire people who can live lives in ways that seem so foreign and painful to me - out of love and devotion to their faith. I'd fail at that. My dad was a tribal member in WA so my spirituality is something I developed from many sources and it's based on respect, empathy, ethics, conscience, giving, helping, not judging, honoring the spirit of all things that aren't evil or cruel, believing in the importance of souls of man and creatures. No one can tell me an elephant doesn't have a soul. No one. Or my dog. Etc.

So I admire the discipline and respect any/everyone's chosen religion, but I don't understand a lot of things that's for sure. But I'll fight for anyone's right to practice the religion of their choosing, including no religion at all.

I just don't like how the defense is using Travis' faith to make pretty average behaviour into something vile and wicked. Ugh.

Well said.

(when i googled I also added words like "movie references" or "foreplay", etc. ~ sorry i didn't make that clear!)

OK this may sound crazy but I'm worried about Nurmi not getting to finish his testimony before the weekend. To him it means no long weekend for the jury to have his droning stuck in their heads (to him a good thing, moo). Martinez is going to swoop in and squash all her stories with out that long break.

Nurmi give up anything? NO
Drag out everything with no regard to court process or the Jury? YES

I'm afraid this selfish man who thinks he is the smartest lawyer ever, who likes to push his weight around with his stupid antics will literally take all of next week on Jodi too. Making sure he has his weekend after. I'm hoping like crazy :please: this won't be the case but Nurmi is just that egotistical and shocking. I don't put anything past him.

I can empathize with what you say....I too had kind of similar relationships, though there was never any physical or sexual abuse. Therapy and intense self-scrutiny helped and I know now that there will be no more relationships like those. I never wanted to kill them....still don't. Never would have dreamed of it. :cupcake: for you.
I'm going to have to admit brief instances of exacting intense revenge through physical violence DID enter my mind. They were dismissed pretty quickly too. But I would be lying if I said I never entertained the notion.

At the end of our relationship while everything was still fresh...and the stalking, cyber-stalking, and escalating violence were in full throes my anger kept me from relenting. I went from hating myself during the abuse to despising him after - and once I began to fully understand the level of his depravity (he'd been doing some really dirty, under-handed things for months, like stealing money from my Dad when he passed away or giving away my Mom's wedding ring - she'd died a year before) there were moments I fantasized about all the things I wish I could do to him. I even wrote a poem about it. The title? 'Murder, My Dear'. :blushing: You can see all the recovery stages though my poetry though, one step at a time. I spent a long time in 'Anger'. We became good friends for awhile. ;)

OMG,,i just pee'd myself ,for real,,,looking at the photos and the one of travis in the shower with the time stamp 5:22:36. The door was shut and you can (at least i can) see jodi's reflection ,,white shirt,blue pants with stripe reaching into a bag thats around her neck but in front of her,,please someone tell me i'm just over tired

Some have suggested that the cup was for washing *him* off. I don't know if Jodi would have used the shower for herself, it wouldn't have been efficient and could have risked leaving evidence of herself there or on the body (hair) because it could not drain well with him in it. Clearly she had considered the scene in her actions after she killed him, not only because of the washing machine and the staging of the body, but her confidence in that she would not be linked to the scene.

He did however have a separate tub, which she also waxed poetically about. It also depends upon how quickly she left the scene.

I've always thought she used the bathtub to clean up in. It would be fairly quick and easy to clean up so she could leave without anyone noticing anything. She probably had a change of clothes in her purse/backpack. Then later clean up better at a truckstop.

Yes!! When I heard her say "toys", I automatically assumed she was describing sex toys. I was actually a bit confused when she talked about the caboose/ train as possibly a children's toy. Nurmi NEVER asked her to describe or explain what she was talking about as "toys." I think there is a pretty good chance what she was describing is a sex toy, not a children's toy. If you go back and listen, she ONLY says "toys" on the floor, running it over my body, etc. So there may be a kernal of truth in the likely attempt to misrepresent Travis as a pedophile.

When she said that (BBM) I immediately thought of the cracker scene from Armaggedon (movie). I wonder if this is where she got it.

[video=youtube;aD25aAsDqZ8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD25aAsDqZ8[/video]

:floorlaugh: This one deserved more than just a thanks. LMFAO, how long WOULD it take before she got on even her own last nerve? :laughcry:.

Is that kinda like: how long WOULD it take before you get to the middle of a tootsie pop?

:floorlaugh:

OK this may sound crazy but I'm worried about Nurmi not getting to finish his testimony before the weekend. To him it means no long weekend for the jury to have his droning stuck in their heads (to him a good thing, moo). Martinez is going to swoop in and squash all her stories with out that long break.

Nurmi give up anything? NO
Drag out everything with no regard to court process or the Jury? YES

I'm afraid this selfish man who thinks he is the smartest lawyer ever, who likes to push his weight around with his stupid antics will literally take all of next week on Jodi too. Making sure he has his weekend after. I'm hoping like crazy :please: this won't be the case but Nurmi is just that egotistical and shocking. I don't put anything past him.
Me, I've never understood why long weekends (or any) matter in a case of this length. Even if something does stick with the jurors we still have cross and rebuttal to right any wrongs.

OMG,,i just pee'd myself ,for real,,,looking at the photos and the one of travis in the shower with the time stamp 5:22:36. The door was shut and you can (at least i can) see jodi's reflection ,,white shirt,blue pants with stripe reaching into a bag thats around her neck but in front of her,,please someone tell me i'm just over tired

:what: Going to look! I have the hardest time finding these photos, I didn't bookmark them, hopefully I can find the one you're referring to.

Thank you for this link. I was just looking for a similar post by Karmady, who is also an attorney. It corroborated what I already thought, which was that Nurmi HAD TO have already known that he could not play snippets of that tape. So if she was surprised and upset, it was a failure on the part of her team to not prepare her for that reality.

I think she was crying because reality was setting in. And the tape was about to be played in front of her family and the truth was coming out.

Couldn't he have played snippets during the defense with a long time before rebuttal, though? I mean, depending on any objections and the judge's ruling, of course. It didn't get to go that way, but couldn't they have thought it would happen as they wanted?

JA, more than most people on earth, knows that poisoning the well early can really work on some people's sympathies. While the full tape was bound to come out eventually, I think she wanted to spin her web first and trust that people would want to discredit the prosecution's evidence because they'd believe her so fully from her own story.

Having the full evidence placed right there at the time of telling is entirely different. Manipulation is much more difficult! How can you weave a proper web if folks are going to mess it up with so much truth side-by-side with the intricate spinning? There's no room for dazzle or slight of hand there.

Some of them don't annoy themselves -- psychopaths, I mean. Mine could listen to herself sing every minute of the day for eternity, I swear.

When JA sings, I think of my criminal. Her singing on that never-ending phonecall nearly brought me flashbacks. Ugh. I never thought I could hate the sound of someone's voice so intensely, but the constant singing to dig for compliments just seems so creepy after the fact (after the crimes).

I don't really hate everyone who sings around pals! I promise :D Travis was adorable with his. The Star Spanglish banner, lol. Love it!

Couldn't he have played snippets during the defense with a long time before rebuttal, though? I mean, depending on any objections and the judge's ruling, of course. It didn't get to go that way, but couldn't they have thought it would happen as they wanted?

JA, more than most people on earth, knows that poisoning the well early can really work on some people's sympathies. While the full tape was bound to come out eventually, I think she wanted to spin her web first and trust that people would want to discredit the prosecution's evidence because they'd believe her so fully from her own story.

Having the full evidence placed right there at the time of telling is entirely different. Manipulation is much more difficult! How can you weave a proper web if folks are going to mess it up with so much truth side-by-side with the intricate spinning? There's no room for dazzle or slight of hand there.

AFAIK, judges won't allow any 'snippets' to be played, unless both sides agree to it. You don't have to wait until the rebuttal. Both sides have to agree upon any editing otherwise it won't be played for the jury.

Maybe the defense thought the state was going to agree to having only a tiny portion played for the jury. But I doubt it. Why would they?

:what: Going to look! I have the hardest time finding these photos, I didn't bookmark them, hopefully I can find the one you're referring to.

If you find the link can you post it. I haven't seen a reflection photo yet.

:what:

Me, I've never understood why long weekends (or any) matter in a case of this length. Even if something does stick with the jurors we still have cross and rebuttal to right any wrongs.

You are so right......after JM gets to cross JA there will a brand new kinda fresh in the air:great:
I am a firm believer he will let the jury KNOW the truth!!!!!!!

Come on Juan!!!!!!!!!! We can't wait for your turn!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaoskap