Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #37 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you find the link can you post it. I haven't seen a reflection photo yet.

:what:

I have no clue why I have such a hard time finding this one photo. I google Travis Alexander Trial Photos Shower, Travis Alexander Shower Photos, and every variation of those words including the word 'back' and I get every photo except the one I'm looking for. It's driving me insane. I would like to post the link for you but I can't find it again, though I have found it since posting the post you quoted. Perhaps you'll have a better time finding it, it is the one in the shower where it's just his back (at least according to the time stamp indicated in the post I was responding to). I studied it and didn't see what the other poster saw but that could be because I was seeing red from having to dig so far on the internet (sometimes clicking into websites I REALLY didn't want to click into).

Perhaps you'll see it should you find the photo. :)

If you find the link can you post it. I haven't seen a reflection photo yet.

:what:

Ohhhhh my god! 1,000 times I've seen those pics and only now after reading Martin's comment did I nnotice her reflection!!! She def has a bag and in the next I didn't see a bag but she's got her camera up to her face with her left hand and appears to be holding up the other hand a little higher than waist level! Can I upload pix from my phone? I'm in bed and don't want to go get laptop

OMG,,i just pee'd myself ,for real,,,looking at the photos and the one of travis in the shower with the time stamp 5:22:36. The door was shut and you can (at least i can) see jodi's reflection ,,white shirt,blue pants with stripe reaching into a bag thats around her neck but in front of her,,please someone tell me i'm just over tired

This pic? I don't see any reflection. :waitasec:

http://s1321.beta.photobucket.com/u...otos/travis9_zps9d2e99db.jpg.html?sort=3&o=12

Or this one?

http://s1321.beta.photobucket.com/u...tos/travis15_zps4056b16e.jpg.html?sort=3&o=18

This is one of the 2 I just saw. You have to stare at it for a bit, but look down at the "22" and slowly start looking up...the camera is covering her face right under his shoulder.
The 2nd pic is not it.

I don't see it..... :dunno:

travis9_zps9d2e99db.jpg

I don't see it..... :dunno:

travis9_zps9d2e99db.jpg

It took me a few minutes but where it says 5:22 on bottom, start moving your eyes up and the center of the camera lens should be over the first 2. Or look at his right ear and start going down slowly and you should see her elbow!

OR go to mole in center of his black (or whatever that dark thing is) and look to the right of it about an inch over and its the center of the camera that she is holding vertically over her face

Beautiful post

I Googled 'red caboose' and all I got was pages upon pages of cute little red train cars...

On the rest of your comment - I totally agree. It does seem clear that Travis was far more 'human' than some of his friends and associates knew or cared to admit... Imv, these contradictions about him are issues that really only relate to his faith and standing in his church - if that. I don't know how that works.

But were it not for the rigorous religious strictures he didn't always uphold, there would be nothing scandalous or unusual about his private life (I mean NO disrespect to the LDS or any other faith - what.so.ever. Please don't misunderstand me). I do think it was very difficult for Travis (and I'd venture a guess a good many young people who are trying to live a life they see as 'right', when chemistry and biology and a couple million years of humanity is urging them to do the exact opposite - all the time). I'd be extremely surprised if Travis was the exception rather than the norm - be it a single unchaste interlude or much more.

I admire people who can live lives in ways that seem so foreign and painful to me - out of love and devotion to their faith. I'd fail at that. My dad was a tribal member in WA so my spirituality is something I developed from many sources and it's based on respect, empathy, ethics, conscience, giving, helping, not judging, honoring the spirit of all things that aren't evil or cruel, believing in the importance of souls of man and creatures. No one can tell me an elephant doesn't have a soul. No one. Or my dog. Etc.

So I admire the discipline and respect any/everyone's chosen religion, but I don't understand a lot of things that's for sure. But I'll fight for anyone's right to practice the religion of their choosing, including no religion at all.

I just don't like how the defense is using Travis' faith to make pretty average behaviour into something vile and wicked. Ugh.

It will be interesting to see what questions the jury has for Jodi.

I think that JM did his voire dire on the email to send a message and to see her reaction. He succeeded in sending his message and probably saw what he was expecting. Despite what others have commented; I don't think she flinched. She just carried on and kept right on lying. So, he knows what he's dealing with; he's dealt with similar characters before.

I am still utterly perplexed by a system that allows the defence to get up there and say whatever they want (without the burden of proof) while not allowing the prosecution the same. This makes NO SENSE to me whatsoever. I was gobsmacked by this in the KC trial and am equally shocked in this one. As such, I will not be surprised by anything the jury concludes.

Regardless of how this case may conclude, I am so impressed with JM's intelligence and legal wherewithal but mostly, by his passion. His passion to defend the victim. He is clearly all about THAT! (Which I'm sorry to say but I didn't see a shred of for Caylee.)

I am hoping that this will help in Travis' defence...Because that is what this trial has now become.

Moo.

BBM: I keep reading statements like those I bolded and I don't understand them. In general, the same rules of evidence apply to the prosecution and the defense.

True, in the Anthony case the defense attorney made promises of proof in his opening statement that never appeared. But how was anyone to stop him? At that point, who knew what the defendant or her father might say on the stand? As a rule, it is assumed that promising evidence and then failing to produce it will offend the jury, but apparently that didn't happen in the Anthony case.

In the current trial, the defense can make wild claims because it has the defendant to testify to those claims. The prosecution can (a) impeach the defendant and/or (b) put on witnesses who say something different.

But both sides are still working within the same evidentiary framework.

OT There's a case on the news right this minute where a woman is getting fired from a christian college for having pre-marital sex. :what: Her bf worked there and wasn't fired. They have since married. Gloria Allred is their attorney.

It doesn't seem all that OT to me. :(

"Just being a regular guy"
"*advertiser censored*,*advertiser censored*,*advertiser censored*"

Sooooo,what happens if it is proven ja lied on the stand and pergered (sp) herself,,they toss anything she said out

You may ask one of the lawyers on that thread, but i believe there's a standard instruction that the jury may believe all, part or none of any witness' testimony.

Obviously, if deliberate lies (as opposed to mistakes of memory) are proven, jurors tend to be suspicious of the rest of what that witness says. But in my experience, jurors also understand that there are many reasons why people lie; jurors aren't quick to assume everything anyone says is untrue.

I couldn't agree more. With the DP, usually the very first line of decades long appeals is ineffective counsel. They think they can get a clean slate with that and try a whole lot of whatever. It's a total waste of taxpayer money if you ask me....

A friend of mine who is an appellate public defender (for juveniles, so no DP) says "ineffective counsel" is the go-to claim for all appeals because it is broad enough to fit almost every case. And the Supreme Court has greatly limited the other grounds for appeal that used to be available to defendants.

It isn't a waste of tax payer money. We're using to watching televised trials. Trials that aren't on TV see all sorts of misconduct by counsel, including sleeping during testimony!

As much as her unconscienable defense team has drug out this smoke and mirrors defense of distraction, I hope Juan Martinez takes the exact same tactic. In terms of dragging out every single minute detail of the MURDER. From the gun theft, to the rental car, to the hair dye, to the license plates, to the turning off the cell phone and every single minute detail of the murder (yes for example where/when/how did she clean off all that blood?, did she use gloves, how she had the gun and knife so handy, which wounds came when, etc. etc. etc). Let the jury be subjected to every single detail possible of her CRIME. Let her have to sit up there and answer to every single tiny detail...even as she lies, let the jury see and hear it all.

I just hope some of that starts this week...or even this month.

I'd like to know how she knew the roommates would not be home or coming home at the time of the killing. Perhaps she knew their work schedules and had to wait until the coast was clear before carrying out the plan ? Certainly, one of them would have heard the gunshot and possibly Travis screaming if that was indeed the case.

I also think JA showed up unannounced and would have pulled a BB if she had found TA in bed with someone else.

This is one of the 2 I just saw. You have to stare at it for a bit, but look down at the "22" and slowly start looking up...the camera is covering her face right under his shoulder.
The 2nd pic is not it.

One of the pics here shows her left hand...looks like that finger is nice and flat like the rest of her hand. hmmmm

A friend of mine who is an appellate public defender (for juveniles, so no DP) says "ineffective counsel" is the go-to claim for all appeals because it is broad enough to fit almost every case. And the Supreme Court has greatly limited the other grounds for appeal that used to be available to defendants.

It isn't a waste of tax payer money. We're using to watching televised trials. Trials that aren't on TV see all sorts of misconduct by counsel, including sleeping during testimony!

I completely agree with you. I feel appeals are absolutely a necessity. No system should ever be unchecked.

I'd like to know how she knew the roommates would not be home or coming home at the time of the killing. Perhaps she knew their work schedules and had to wait until the coast was clear before carrying out the plan ? Certainly, one of them would have heard the gunshot and possibly Travis screaming if that was indeed the case.

I also think JA showed up unannounced and would have pulled a BB if she had found TA in bed with someone else.

It's not hard to believe she knew their schedules or that Travis spoke of it that day. I do know that the one roommate was actually off that day and was at the home until mid afternoon, 3ish iirc. Travis was up cleaning per JA and is evidenced by the furniture being moved around downstairs and the vacuum being left out.

I said this in my last post - I don't think the upside down plates were done until after AZ, but done out in the desert while burning clothes. JMO

Now, after thinking it through, I realize she was trying to avoid detection in AZ completely, so that's where she'd want the upside down plates. But at first, I was thinking she wouldn't want to be stopped in AZ for upside down plates. :waitasec: Which is it?

My interpretation of the upside down plate is that she didn't want to leave any trail in AZ or Southern UT. Hence no credit card transactions and cell phone switched off too.

Remember she was not expected anywhere near Mesa AZ. Her alibi was the trip to Salt Lake City UT for a PPL meeting and to get together with Ryan Burns. She admitted she was travelling to Southern CA first to meet other friends but she put her credit card away after buying the extra gas cans and gas. All anyone seemed aware of was her plan to drive back north and east across Nevada to Salt Lake City. So she tried to stay off the radar until UT.

It's just more examples of cunning and premeditation.

I just assumed the upside down plate was part of the plan to say someone stole them. It wasn't her in the car in all those security cameras which no doubt recorded her whereabouts.

OMG,,i just pee'd myself ,for real,,,looking at the photos and the one of travis in the shower with the time stamp 5:22:36. The door was shut and you can (at least i can) see jodi's reflection ,,white shirt,blue pants with stripe reaching into a bag thats around her neck but in front of her,,please someone tell me i'm just over tired

Darn I still can't see it. My eyes must not be working this morning.

How are Extensor Tendons Injured?

Extensor tendons are just under the skin, directly on the bone, on the back of the hands and fingers. Because of their location, even a minor cut can easily injure them. Jamming a finger may cause these thin tendons to rip apart from their attachment to the bone. After this type of injury, you may have a hard time straightening one or more joints. Treatment is necessary to return use to the tendon and finger.

Boutonniere deformity describes the bent-down (flexed) position of the middle joint of the finger from a cut or tear of the extensor tendon at the middle joint. Sometimes, stitches are necessary when the tendon has been cut and even if the tendon is torn. If the injury is not treated, or if the splint is not worn properly, the finger can quickly become even more bent and finally stiffen in this position.

Extensor1_c.jpg

Extensor3_c.jpg

(This one shows the Boutonniere deformity referenced above)

So JA either cut herself to attain this injury or she jammed her finger. No break, thus her story is a fake. I am pretty sure that this is a point Juan will revisit before closing.

I believe with some pressure, she can straighten her finger when laying her hand down. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaoskap